What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NHL Offseason Thread - Evander Gets Lightweight Suspension (1 Viewer)

BREAKING NEWS: Julien BriseBois stated today that forward Ryan Callahan has been diagnosed with degenerative back disease and recommended that he no longer play professional hockey.

bolts put him on long term IR so uhhhhhh there’s your cap space. 

Last edited by a moderator:
BREAKING NEWS: Julien BriseBois stated today that forward Ryan Callahan has been diagnosed with degenerative back disease and recommended that he no longer play professional hockey.

bolts put him on long term IR so uhhhhhh there’s your cap space. 
give it all to Point

Also, if Marner gets $11 million, Aho who plays centre, not wing, finished 10th in Hart voting, scored more goals and put up similar points without Tavares riding shotgun deserves at least $11.5M
Dundon said 8 year or zero and he has his own value system of what players are worth.  Seems like he is a tool and playing cheap with the Canes.  I guess we will see soon.  Waddle is working without a contract or will be soon and taking a hard line with Forsland too.  Not liking him much.

@GMillerTSN: An example: if Tampa has an $80m payroll and the cap is $82m, it can put Callahan on LTIR and exceed the cap by $3.8m.  If a team knows it has a player going on LTIR for the year, it will try to get as close to the cap as possible when it triggers LTIR to take full advantage. https://twitter.com/capfriendly/status/1141831303828033536

@GMillerTSN: The problem with LTIR is that if you run into short term injuries—especially to a goaltender—it can impair your ability to call up a replacement.  Whatever your cap number is when you start using LTIR remains your cap number until you stop using it. https://twitter.com/gmillertsn/status/1141836273193119744

Tonight's update of As the Leaves Turn has Dubas saying he wouldn't automatically match an offer sheet on Marner or any other RFA (no ####) and a Lebrun rumour that the Leafs have talked to Carolina about a deal sending Kapanen and Brown in exchange for Pesce (presumably more to it than just those players).

@GMillerTSN: An example: if Tampa has an $80m payroll and the cap is $82m, it can put Callahan on LTIR and exceed the cap by $3.8m.  If a team knows it has a player going on LTIR for the year, it will try to get as close to the cap as possible when it triggers LTIR to take full advantage. https://twitter.com/capfriendly/status/1141831303828033536

@GMillerTSN: The problem with LTIR is that if you run into short term injuries—especially to a goaltender—it can impair your ability to call up a replacement.  Whatever your cap number is when you start using LTIR remains your cap number until you stop using it. https://twitter.com/gmillertsn/status/1141836273193119744
Still way better than attaching a good prospect to Callahan in order to move his contract. 

Edit: don’t mean to sound callous about Cally. Feel terrible for that guy. He clearly wanted a cup badly. Sucks. 

Tonight's update of As the Leaves Turn has Dubas saying he wouldn't automatically match an offer sheet on Marner or any other RFA (no ####) and a Lebrun rumour that the Leafs have talked to Carolina about a deal sending Kapanen and Brown in exchange for Pesce (presumably more to it than just those players).
Tomorrow afternoon leading up to the draft is going to be made for Twitter

Nice list. One minor nit is he has best case for G Trevor Knight as 17 and Pronman has him going 16 to Avs.

I'm interested to see where Knight goes since teams have been getting great value with G picjs in 2nd or 3rd round and where this highly rated G goes.

But I like the idea of the list and it follows a lot of what I've been reading 

Nice list. One minor nit is he has best case for G Trevor Knight as 17 and Pronman has him going 16 to Avs.

I'm interested to see where Knight goes since teams have been getting great value with G picjs in 2nd or 3rd round and where this highly rated G goes.

But I like the idea of the list and it follows a lot of what I've been reading 
My buddy and I like to gamble on stupid stuff. For the draft were picking two teams each for both Spencer Knight and Hunter Jones (Petes goalie) and if one of us gets more than the other guy right, the loser walks around his neighbourhood in a puck hat :shrug:

Making our picks soon Florida and Colorado seem to be favourites to pick Knight from what I've read. Jones is basically a dart throw. 

Wish he would “out” whatever source doesn’t have either Caufield or Boldy ranked.

and Turcotte and York. Seems like someone left out a bunch of US NTDP players.
I didn’t even notice Turcotte. Yikes!

Also, I’m sure there is a method to the madness, but he’s got a handful of the 60 rankings that don’t include goalies —which you would think would have to skew the rankings at some point, even if just a little bit.

Still, great resource for tonight.

My buddy and I like to gamble on stupid stuff. For the draft were picking two teams each for both Spencer Knight and Hunter Jones (Petes goalie) and if one of us gets more than the other guy right, the loser walks around his neighbourhood in a puck hat :shrug:

Making our picks soon Florida and Colorado seem to be favourites to pick Knight from what I've read. Jones is basically a dart throw. 
Wild are apparently interested in Knight at 12 and drafting a goalie mid first round seems like a real Fenton thing to do

Wild are apparently interested in Knight at 12 and drafting a goalie mid first round seems like a real Fenton thing to do
To be fair, Knight does seem like the rare goalie worthy of being drafted somewhere in the teens.

Here are the first-round goalies in recent drafts:

2017: Jake Oettinger, Stars (29)

2015: Ilya Samsonov, Capitals (22)

2012: Andrei Vasilevskiy, Lightning (19); Malcolm Subban, Bruins (24)

2010: Jack Campbell, Stars (11)

I didn’t even notice Turcotte. Yikes!

Also, I’m sure there is a method to the madness, but he’s got a handful of the 60 rankings that don’t include goalies —which you would think would have to skew the rankings at some point, even if just a little bit.

Still, great resource for tonight.
Within the linked story, there is another link to get his excel  form.  there is a tab with all the sources and links to the source documents.  Started looking at it, but was taking awhile.

Within the linked story, there is another link to get his excel  form.  there is a tab with all the sources and links to the source documents.  Started looking at it, but was taking awhile.
Yeah, I saw that too. But you're right ... I didn't feel like clicking through all 60 of them to find the one that probably shouldn't have been included for leaving out three likely top-10 picks (if, in fact, it was all the same source ... I guess it would be even weirder if it wasn't).

Yeah, I saw that too. But you're right ... I didn't feel like clicking through all 60 of them to find the one that probably shouldn't have been included for leaving out three likely top-10 picks (if, in fact, it was all the same source ... I guess it would be even weirder if it wasn't).
I was surprised as well at the lack of those players on the list as well.  The son of a friend of mine played with Caufield on Team Wisconsin a few years back, we went to watch them in Chicago and man that kid could fly.  They had him on defense just moved down the ice with what seems like no effort at all.  We'll see if he decides to play on the Badgers next year.  It would be awesome to see Lindmark, Turcotte, and both Caufield's on the same team.

To be fair, Knight does seem like the rare goalie worthy of being drafted somewhere in the teens.

Here are the first-round goalies in recent drafts:

2017: Jake Oettinger, Stars (29)

2015: Ilya Samsonov, Capitals (22)

2012: Andrei Vasilevskiy, Lightning (19); Malcolm Subban, Bruins (24)

2010: Jack Campbell, Stars (11)
still a bad strategy regardless IMO.  much harder to find a good skater in the late rounds than a goalie.  goalies are the most random with development.  very few exceptions like Price or MAF where it’s such a no brainer that you get a psss for doing it.

Can anyone check if Matt Struthers is listed anywhere in the prospect list?  I just landed and am in an Uber.  Thx

Here's how I see Avs pick - If Hawks take Byram - the Avs maybe go Dach instead of Turcotte. We have enough of the smaller(5'10 types) second line guys and I like Dach as a scorer especially in front of net. If Hawks go Turcotte then its Byram and maybe the trade of Barrie we keep hearing about for the help up front. 

Second pick might be Knight at 16 - I hope not. But look for Bobby Brink there - and he's heading to University of Denver.

Sakic must be enjoying holding so many good cards in his hand - and hopefully he can keep finding ways to get great values on his trades.

Highest ANYONE had Dach was 6th overall (not saying a bad pick, everyone said 3-8 was a tier of players). 

Users who are viewing this thread