What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NHL Offseason Thread - Evander Gets Lightweight Suspension (1 Viewer)

So Penguins get 2.4 mil cap space, Galchenyuk for a year and a 19 yr old LHD prospect who was  a late first rounder that I haven't heard of. 

Somebody wants Cody Ceci?

@TSNBobMcKenzie: TOR and OTT appear to have a tentative trade in place that would send Nikita Zaitsev to OTT in exchange for Cody Ceci. There may be another part or parts to it but the deal can’t be finalized until July 1, when TOR pays Zaitsev’s $3M signing bonus.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: TOR and OTT appear to have a tentative trade in place that would send Nikita Zaitsev to OTT in exchange for Cody Ceci. There may be another part or parts to it but the deal can’t be finalized until July 1, when TOR pays Zaitsev’s $3M signing bonus.
Somebody wants Nikita Zaitsev? Hoping Toronto walks away from arbitration with Ceci and just does a straight contract dump. 

Ceci was a liability.  The Toronto noise makers will turn him into an overrated liability.

Reimer to Carolina for Darling and a 6th, Florida buys out Darling.

Dallas buys out Nichuskin

Edmonton buys out Sekera - bad contract and always hurt but a decent player. 

Philly buys out Schlemko

@DimFilipovic

The Panthers have over $26 million in cap space and no goalies on their roster after the Darling buyout, I wonder what they could be up to

Saw someone on twitter yesterday that Panarin is getting $12MM+/yr and singing in Florida with Bob. 

They’ll need to move Hoffman. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw someone on twitter yesterday that Panarin is getting $12MM+/yr and singing in Florida with Bob. 

They’ll need to move Hoffman. 
I heard someone saying the other day that Florida and NYC always will have the best shot at Russian players in free agency, they just have a level of comfort with having the large Russian communities there and it's been that way since Pavel Bure.

I don't understand that trade from the Panthers angle. Reimer had 2  x 3.4 left. Darling 2 x 4.15 left. 

A) why not just hold onto Reimer. Is Bob's backup gonna make <  3?

B) if above answer is yes,  then why not just waive Reimer? Wouldn't that cost you less? Is the 6th worth it?

I don't understand that trade from the Panthers angle. Reimer had 2  x 3.4 left. Darling 2 x 4.15 left. 

B) if above answer is yes,  then why not just waive Reimer? Wouldn't that cost you less? Is the 6th worth it?
They were apparently going to buy out Reimer anyway, so they pay out a bit more in buyout $$$ to get the 6th.

As good as Panarin is, and I know he is a game changer, I really dont want the Rangers to land him. Stay the course, dont make the playoffs one more year and have a low pick in a stacked draft. 

Its just too much money right now. If Hanks contract wasnt still on books for 2 more, maybe its a different story. 

I believe the issue is Reimer's ~$2.3M bonus due in 2020. Although Reimer is owed less money than Darling, I think the buyout actually costs more (since you have to pay 100% of the bonuses in a buyout, compared to only 2/3s of the remaining salary).  So from Florida's perspective, they save a little cash on the buyout and pick up a 6th round pick. 

As good as Panarin is, and I know he is a game changer, I really dont want the Rangers to land him. Stay the course, dont make the playoffs one more year and have a low pick in a stacked draft. 

Its just too much money right now. If Hanks contract wasnt still on books for 2 more, maybe its a different story. 
Panarin's a star, but a high draft pick be anything! It could even be another Artemi Panarin!

(I'm half joking since I get the contract concerns, but stars are way too hard to find for me to ever advocate passing up on a chance to acquire one).

Panarin's a star, but a high draft pick be anything! It could even be another Artemi Panarin!

(I'm half joking since I get the contract concerns, but stars are way too hard to find for me to ever advocate passing up on a chance to acquire one).
I guess i just dont see them winning a cup in the next 5 years so you are giving a guy 11.5 million for what

@frank_seravalli: Veteran goalie Mike Smith has chosen the #Oilers. He’s more or less trading places with Cam Talbot, who as we hinted on Monday, is heading to the #Flames.

More on what that means for Lehner, Mrazek, and the rest of the goalie market on @SportsCentre at 6pm ET.

Who’s still looking for a No. 1 goalie? CBJ? CAR? Lehner and Mrazek still very much in play. In other news, as @RussoHockey has been suggesting, Mats Zuccarello to MIN on a five-year deal in the $6M range, give or take $200K, is quite likely to happen tomorrow.

7:33 PM · Jun 30, 2019

It doesn’t appear as though Artemi Panarin and Sergei Bobrovsky will be signed as a set. Signs point toward Bobrovsky ending up in FLA while NYI appear the favourite to land Panarin. Both players are repped by the same agent, Paul Theofanous.

6:59 PM · Jun 30, 2019

@PierreVLeBrun: As others have also speculated, while nothing can be signed until Monday, Matt Duchene slated to join Nashville. Contract can’t be officially negotiated until Monday but sounds like $56 million over 7 years is what has been discussed.

@frank_seravalli: Expect Luke Schenn to sign a one-year deal with #tblightning in neighbourhood of $700k.

Portzline

The Athletic: The Blue Jackets have made a massive, late-night offer in an attempt to keep Artemi Panarin

Zuccarello to the Wild for 5-years at $6MM per. Seems a bit long for a 32yo. 
so they didn’t want to pay Granlund $7-8 mil/yr when he comes due after this year so they move him.  which is fine, that whole offense ran through him and the last month of the year they are getting shut out every other night but whatever.  now they are going to pay basically a smaller, worse version of the same player and is 5 years older at a cap hit a little over $6 mil that runs into likely buyout age?  

wtf are they doing

If you're scoring at home, here is what #CBJ has lost assets wise.

Artemi Panarin (pending)

Sergei Bobrovsky

Matt Duchene

Ryan Dzingel

Adam McQuaid

Keith Kincaid

Vitaly Abramov

Jonathan Davidsson

Anthony Duclair

2019 First Rounder

2019 4th and 7th

2020 2nd

2021 2nd

#cuprun

@SWhyno: Sens and Leafs complete trade.

Toronto gets:
Cody Ceci
2020 CBJ 3rd-rounder
Ben Harpur
Aaron Luchuk

Ottawa gets:
Nikita Zaitsev
Connor Brown
Michael Carcone

Hearing Tampa Bay is the front-runner to land UFA goalie Curtis McElhinney. Not a done deal yet but the Lightning right now are most likely destination.

Guess Domingue will be on the move. :(

Sounds like Canes and Aho far apart 

@PierreVLeBrun: The belief is that the team offered 8 years x $7.5 M aav and Aho camp countered with 5 years x $9.5 M aav. A one year deal also an option from the team’s perspective. But does Aho get an offer sheet today? Definitely being contemplated. But don’t know if it will actually happen. https://twitter.com/craigcustance/status/1145679533170991104

Sens also signing Ron Hainsey and Tyler Ennis. 

For those keeping score at home, after their owner Eugene Melnyk ripped the Leafs defense last season, Ottawa has now brought in the coach who ran it (DJ Smith) and the worst players on it (Zaitsev and Hainsey) 😶

@SWhyno: Sens and Leafs complete trade.

Toronto gets:
Cody Ceci
2020 CBJ 3rd-rounder
Ben Harpur
Aaron Luchuk

Ottawa gets:
Nikita Zaitsev
Connor Brown
Michael Carcone
Ceci signs a 1 year 4.5 million dollar deal - same Zaitsez was owed, so Toronto only gets the Connor Brown cap relief this year but they get out from all the years beyond 19-20 owed to Zaitsev.

Brown could be a decent top 6 forward in Ottawa but he was going to be on the 4th line in Toronto.

From Daily Faceoff

Bobrovsky ➡️ FLA (7x$9.5M)
Duchene ➡️ NSH (7x$8.0M)
Pavelski ➡️ DAL (3x$7.0M)
Zuccarello ➡️ MIN (5x$6.0M)
Myers ➡️ VAN (5x$6.0M)
Connolly ➡️ FLA (4x$3.5M)
Talbot ➡️ CGY (1x$2.75M)
Panik ➡️ WSH (4x$2.5M)
Hartman ➡️ MIN (2x$2.0M)
Smith ➡️ EDM (1x$2.0M)
Perry ➡️ DAL (1x$1.5M)

Sounds like Canes and Aho far apart 

@PierreVLeBrun: The belief is that the team offered 8 years x $7.5 M aav and Aho camp countered with 5 years x $9.5 M aav. A one year deal also an option from the team’s perspective. But does Aho get an offer sheet today? Definitely being contemplated. But don’t know if it will actually happen. https://twitter.com/craigcustance/status/1145679533170991104
I don't understand this. They say they will match any offer sheet he will get, but are open to trade discussions.

This comes back to me being surprised they were paying that money to buyout Marleau. Spending money on a late 1st vs your #1 C seems like maybe a misplaced priority.

Montreal is one of 3 teams with significant interest in Aho per LeBrun.

Users who are viewing this thread