What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NHL Offseason Thread - Evander Gets Lightweight Suspension (1 Viewer)

I mean last year’s playoffs was a mess, but I believe in the last 5 years they have a cup finals, 3 east finals (2 that they lost in game 7) and the ummmm...the presidents trophy. Hopefully playoff luck will find their way eventually. It’s not because they’re “small”. 
The Wings were always "too small" and "too soft".  They had some rough playoff series until they finally broke through.  That stuff is overblown imo.

The bar has been set pretty low if nothing else.

former player which I think is good, sounds like he got some solid experience with the pens and their AHL team anyways.
Would love to hear him explain the Gudbranson trade last season though. That's Victor Rask-esque.

I hope Guerin can turn around the Wild but that photo the Wild tweeted out to announce the hire is the ugliest picture I’ve ever seen of someone. My god. 
I found this intriguing so I went to see if I could figure out which pic you were referring to...

Heavens!

Before I say anything else...can I get confirmation that he doesn't have any kind of disease?

BeTheMatch said:
Would love to hear him explain the Gudbranson trade last season though. That's Victor Rask-esque.
The beauty of Assistant GM title. The buck doesn't stop with you.

(I don't think that trade is as bad as the Jack Johnson signing but point remains.)

Maroon to Tampa is so diabolical I can’t believe I didn’t think of it first. You guys should be pretty happy about it and super worried. I have no idea the makeup of your team really other than it is otherworldly good and luckily the Blues didn’t have to take you out of the playoffs so I’m assuming Maroon is going to ride the press box bus most of the year which is perfect. The problem is if he starts cracking your speedy lineup because he will reverse that. 

In the playoffs he will bring needed experience and a certain attitude that maybe you guys didn’t have before. I’m assuming that’s what this signing really is for. The right spot start here and there in the playoffs. Don’t mistake me saying this for toughness. He is tough but he isn’t an enforcer and really isn’t that great a hitter or fighter. But he will try at that and whatever it is he does when trying at that can be good. He was important for us in the playoffs in a way I don’t think I can really sum up in words (I mean besides the obvious huge goals). It’s probably pretty simple and someone smarter will use way less words to explain it  than whatever this weird word jumble is I have going on here  

Also, Andrew luck retired. Ha. This is the only thread I participate in at this dumb site so this message will have to do here. #### the nfl. 

Yea I don’t know much about Maroon but most seem happy about it. Sounds like they want to keep a few of their AHL guys down another year. 

need some RFAs to get signed soon. feels like this is going to be a weird year with lots of holdouts dragging into the season.

Got my wish. No more Kypreos on sportsnet. Maclean also gone.

Next up: Greg Millen. (If there truly is a God)

"22 of the 23 Blues who appeared in the Stanley Cup playoffs for the team this past season will be under contract for the 2019-20 campaign."

Yay?

The Coyotes signed Clayton Keller on Wednesday to an eight-year contract extension with an average annual salary of $7.15 million, ensuring that the playmaking right wing will remain in the desert through the 2027-28 season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeremy Jacobs is handing over control of the Bruins to his six kids. His son Charlie pretty much was running the show already, although Jacobs still was very influential among other owners and Bettman.

@SaraCivian: The Hurricanes have signed UFA dman Jake Gardiner to a four-year deal with a $4.05 mil AAV. The logjam lives on.

@SaraCivian: The Hurricanes have signed UFA dman Jake Gardiner to a four-year deal with a $4.05 mil AAV. The logjam lives on.
Thank goodness Carolina is my second favourite team but you can't imagine the rage I have that the Leafs lost him because they're paying Cody ####### Ceci $4.5 million. There had to have been a handshake deal when they acquired him that they wouldn't non-tender/release him because this is so stupid.

This would be a huge discount for CBJ. Also could lead to extended holdout for Provorov since he was reportedly asking 8 mil per.

@KevinWeekes: * BREAKING NEWS*
From what I’m told, @BlueJacketsNHL are close to signing Defenseman @ZachWerenski 
to a 15M Deal  over 3Years. This would be huge for CBJ securing of the Top young D in the game.
@NHL @NHLNetwork @usahockey #HockeyTwitter

Provorov probably needs a bridge deal after the year he just put up. Werenski didn't seem that great last year either, so not too surprised he had to take a bridge deal as well.

Users who are viewing this thread