What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NHL Offseason Thread - Evander Gets Lightweight Suspension (2 Viewers)

so they didn’t want to pay Granlund $7-8 mil/yr when he comes due after this year so they move him.  which is fine, that whole offense ran through him and the last month of the year they are getting shut out every other night but whatever.  now they are going to pay basically a smaller, worse version of the same player and is 5 years older at a cap hit a little over $6 mil that runs into likely buyout age?  

wtf are they doing
(Pours out 40 for double B)

I could actually see Dolan trying to force the issue after yesterday's embarrassment. not sure if JD and or Gorton would allow it. Tough to say no to the owner though

Of course but shorter term deals and long term deals to elite players are slightly less stupid than a 6 year deal to a depth player, and the fact they do it after the failure that was the Jack Johnson signing last year is just ridiculous. 
It's basically Jack Johnsons deal PLUS another year. 

@penguins: The Pittsburgh Penguins have agreed to terms with forward Brandon Tanev on a six-year contract. The deal will run through the 2024.25 campaign and carries an average annual value of $3.5 million. 

Full details: https://pens.pe/2ZV7MP8 https://twitter.com/penguins/status/1145727844896661505/photo/1

@CapFriendly: As @PierreVLeBrun reported, Timo Meier's new deal will be 4 x $6M.

Definitely worth noting that the final year of Meier's deal will be $10M. Which would make his QO in 2023 also $10M. So it could end up being a 5 year deal at $34M.

Panarin taking 400k less annually to account for the much higher cost of living. Wait, what?

@NYP_Brooksie: Panarin deal with Rangers will come in at around $11.6M per, Post is told

Last edited by a moderator:
Panarin taking 400k less annually to account for the much higher cost of living. Wait, what?

@NYP_Brooksie: Panarin deal with Rangers will come in at around $11.6M per, Post is told
Any idea on term?

Oops I guess that was guru's post

Leafs Spezza signing official - NHL minimum (700k). Best faceoff percentage in the league last year will likely be 4th line centre with some PP2 time. Toronto obviously needs low salary at the bottom of the lineup, so as long as Babcock doesn't give him all Marleau's ice time, I don't hate this at all.

this is when I hate being an islanders fan. Talk Talk Talk and then the F'ing rangers sweep in and piss on our happiness 

@SWhyno: Blackhawks sign Ryan Carpenter to $3M, 3-year deal.

@DarrenDreger: Tim Heed stays with Sharks. 1 yr. $960,000.

@SWhyno: Wild also sign Ryan Hartman $3.8M over 2 years.

Patiently waiting for the Habs big splash.  :coffee:

Or, they do like last year and just carry a bunch of space for no reason.

Leafs Spezza signing official - NHL minimum (700k). Best faceoff percentage in the league last year will likely be 4th line centre with some PP2 time. Toronto obviously needs low salary at the bottom of the lineup, so as long as Babcock doesn't give him all Marleau's ice time, I don't hate this at all.
surprisingly quiet on Gardiner

Love it. 

And Dolan has absolutely no involvement in NYR operations. Which is why the team has actually been running well and successful post-lockout. He handed the keys to Sather, agreed to sign the checks, and then GTFO.

Thank god. 

John Davidson connection probably didn't hurt the Rangers. Saw a tweet that said Panarin's wife was a key factor in the decision as well.

I just got back from four days in Miami/Fort Lauderdale and I was hearing a lot of buzz and noise about the Panthers.

Oh wait ... that was just the copious alcohol and thunderstorms.

that Tyler Myers contract for Vancouver looks pretty terrible. No trade clause plus tons of signing bonuses make it nearly impossible to trade or buyout.

Users who are viewing this thread