What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Democratic Debates (1 Viewer)

Just tuned in in the radio last few minutes

Warren is kind of chippy and abrasive tonight.

Going to go watch DVR from beginning.

Pete knew Bernie was going after him tonight based on Bernie's remarks yesterday and all he had was that canned response? Gotta do better.

Pete knew Bernie was going after him tonight based on Bernie's remarks yesterday and all he had was that canned response? Gotta do better.
Eh, as much as I like Bernie I thought the answer was OK. Pete's whole thing is basically "I'm not turning anyone away" and that answer was very in line with that.

Eh, as much as I like Bernie I thought the answer was OK. Pete's whole thing is basically "I'm not turning anyone away" and that answer was very in line with that.
Took a long way for him to get there. Just speak from the heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took a long way for him to get there. Just speak form the heart.
Yeah, that's fair. I loved a lot of the jokes on Twitter recently about his Hope and Change style word salad that he can fall into. He's generally a good speaker, but he sometimes gets a bit lost in the flowery language.

After seeing that despicable performance by Trump at the National Prayer breakfast and the White House afterwards maybe that is all they should talk about. Who is best suited to make that awful man a one term President.
If you want to loose again, dont break form from the past 3 years. It's nearly impossible to beat an incumbent with a booming economy. Dont focus on the economy or what affects everyday workin people. Oh, and it took 2 hours to get to climate change, supposedly the most important thing ever. But Trump!

Missed the middle hour, but, from what I've seen:

Bernie is crushing
Warren is picking up steam
Amy is wrapping up in her comfy centrist blanket
Pete is struggling under attack
Biden is dead

If you want to loose again, dont break form from the past 3 years. It's nearly impossible to beat an incumbent with a booming economy. Dont focus on the economy or what affects everyday workin people. Oh, and it took 2 hours to get to climate change, supposedly the most important thing ever. But Trump!
Economy is not booming. Carter had higher growth in his last year than Trump.

Klobuchar is right on USMCA shows why Bernie wouldn't be able to get anything done. We need trade deals with our neighboring countries and getting climate change into this trade deal knowing how the President feels about it was/is a fairly tale. 

Imagine being an independent non political white guy from a flyover state Democrats desperately need tuning into this debate within the last half hour. 
It’s a disaster. 

This version of the Democratic Party that we’re seeing tonight is too far to the left to win. These guys aren’t getting the message. 

It's nearly impossible to beat an incumbent with a booming economy. 
Not this incumbent. It can be done, quite easily in fact. But not with a leftist. 

Trump is so awful, and so many Americans think so, that the only way he wins, even with the current economy, is the threat of Medicare for All. Without that threat he will be crushed. 

Not this incumbent. It can be done, quite easily in fact. But not with a leftist. 

Trump is so awful, and so many Americans think so, that the only way he wins, even with the current economy, is the threat of Medicare for All. Without that threat he will be crushed. 
Finally, something we agree on about this election! ;)

Biden and Warren doing a great job nailing the universal/increased preK point (that is in Pete's platform too).  Such a great policy with bang for the buck.

Did they wake up?  Looks like more of the same to me. 

Pete is better in a town hall format like last night. He can be a little too wooden talking points in this format.
Doesn’t make any difference. He’s going to get slaughtered in SC and Super Tuesday. 

if California was winner take all Pete would have a shot despite having zero black support. But without that...forget it. 

Users who are viewing this thread