Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
AAABatteries

Democratic Debates

Recommended Posts

I was amazed at how unprepared Bloomberg was.  He should have anticipated the NDA and dealt with it quickly bit he looked like he got caught off guard and he stammered and hemmed and hawed.  The line "none were about me except for a joke they didn't like" was cringe-worthy.  He recovered later, especially when calling out Sanders several times, but he came off as a Republican trying to buy into the Democratic party.

Warren had some good moments, especially when attacking Bloomberg, but she came off to me as being shrill, desperate and lacking substance.  

Sanders had a strong showing.  His message comes through loud and clear and he has not wavered.  I just don't think you can win a national presidential election in America as a self-described socialist.

Biden didn't hurt himself which is a major accomplishment for him but he seems old, not entirely sure of the facts and living on past accomplishments.   He may still be the best shot to beat Trump though.

Buttigieg:  Again shows he is the one candidate that can keep his cool while under attack and challenge the opposition.  He gives well thought out answers and delivers in a way that seeks unity and compromise.  He comes off as being green though and I think a married gay man is just not going to win.  Sad but I fear it is the truth.   Still I would love to see him in debates with Trump because I think the contrast is striking and obvious to even Trump supporters.

Klobuchar:  Completely lost her cool on several occasions and handled the Mexican president debacle poorly.  As a moderate woman with years of experience she's got some things going for her but she didn't do well last night and I doubt she can survive Super Tuesday.

 

Bottom line:   I see 4 more years of a Donald Trump presidency.

 

Edited by Godsbrother
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biden would have been better served approaching this whole thing with a "been there, done that, can do it again" attitude, while staying calm and collected like Pete. This tough guy that can take on Trump routine is so phony. Stop yelling old man.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

 

Bottom line:   I see 4 more years of a Donald Trump presidency.

 

without a doubt.  Trump will eviscerate everyone on that stage tonight with maybe, maybe the exception being Pete.

 

On a side note, this style of debate is so out dated its ridiculous.  Having 30 seconds or whatever to try and answer a important question while others are yelling and raising their hands is just stupid.  They need to do some long form sit down style podcast where they can articulate their points and not try and have some viral soundbite.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pantherclub said:

without a doubt.  Trump will eviscerate everyone on that stage tonight with maybe, maybe the exception being Pete.

 

On a side note, this style of debate is so out dated its ridiculous.  Having 30 seconds or whatever to try and answer a important question while others are yelling and raising their hands is just stupid.  They need to do some long form sit down style podcast where they can articulate their points and not try and have some viral soundbite.

Absolutely.  I would have preferred them asking a question and then let each candidate have 90 seconds to respond without interruption.  I was getting pissed at Warren speaking over every one and raising her hand before the questions were even asked.,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Godsbrother said:

Absolutely.  I would have preferred them asking a question and then let each candidate have 90 seconds to respond without interruption.  I was getting pissed at Warren speaking over every one and raising her hand before the questions were even asked.,

Warren was/is the worst

 

I am pretty sure Joe Rogan has an open invite to all of the candidates if they want to sit down and talk to him.  Obviously Bernie, Yang and Tulsi did it.  Whether it helped or hurt I dont know but its nice to hear just a conversation of what they believe and think.  The constant yelling and trying to pull a "gotcha" is nauseating

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

without a doubt.  Trump will eviscerate everyone on that stage tonight with maybe, maybe the exception being Pete.

 

On a side note, this style of debate is so out dated its ridiculous.  Having 30 seconds or whatever to try and answer a important question while others are yelling and raising their hands is just stupid.  They need to do some long form sit down style podcast where they can articulate their points and not try and have some viral soundbite.

They kind of do that with the town hall meetings. Problem is not nearly as many people want to watch those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dickey moe said:

If you were a DNC insider/influencer and had one choice, who would you be funneling support to right now?

I'd be waiting until March 4th to see where things stand.  Does Biden rally?  Does Warren capitalize on her strong showing?  Does Bernie come out with 50% of the delegates on Super Tuesday?  Is Bloomberg still breathing?  etc.  Things will be a lot clearer in two weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Popeyecon said:

I'd be waiting until March 4th to see where things stand.  Does Biden rally?  Does Warren capitalize on her strong showing?  Does Bernie come out with 50% of the delegates on Super Tuesday?  Is Bloomberg still breathing?  etc.  Things will be a lot clearer in two weeks.

If you wait that long it might be too late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

If you wait that long it might be too late.

Well, IMO the DNC's role is to help smooth things over or handle a contested/brokered convention.  And they have very limited power anyhow as long as people are voting. 

I think what they really should be doing is figuring out a process to handle the convention if no one gets a majority - something everyone agrees to ahead of time.  Also, a top-secret effort to create a list of candidates that might be drafted as compromise choices in a truly brokered convention.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tool said:

They kind of do that with the town hall meetings. Problem is not nearly as many people want to watch those.

A lot of people want the viral moment, not a nuanced explanation of a candidate's belief system.  This debate format plays to the sports-fan style of partisan affiliation, so I doubt it's going away any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

Warren was/is the worst

 

I am pretty sure Joe Rogan has an open invite to all of the candidates if they want to sit down and talk to him.  Obviously Bernie, Yang and Tulsi did it.  Whether it helped or hurt I dont know but its nice to hear just a conversation of what they believe and think.  The constant yelling and trying to pull a "gotcha" is nauseating

Nope.  He doesn't want to talk to people he doesn't like.  The whole premise of his show is talking to people about subjects he finds interesting.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I turned it off after the first question got asked.  After I heard the moderators say they encouraged engaging each other, it was pretty clear they were hoping for a trainwreck.  I don't have time for that nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

Warren was/is the worst

 

I am pretty sure Joe Rogan has an open invite to all of the candidates if they want to sit down and talk to him.  Obviously Bernie, Yang and Tulsi did it.  Whether it helped or hurt I dont know but its nice to hear just a conversation of what they believe and think.  The constant yelling and trying to pull a "gotcha" is nauseating

In the last Jimmy Dore episode he said "I like Bernie, Tulsi and Yang so I had them in. The rest of them wanted to come in but I told them to eat ####"

Side note - at some point in my life I want to be famous enough to tell possible presidents of the US to go eat #### 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KiddLattimer said:

In the last Jimmy Dore episode he said "I like Bernie, Tulsi and Yang so I had them in. The rest of them wanted to come in but I told them to eat ####"

Side note - at some point in my life I want to be famous enough to tell possible presidents of the US to go eat #### 😁

I guess I was wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KiddLattimer said:

In the last Jimmy Dore episode he said "I like Bernie, Tulsi and Yang so I had them in. The rest of them wanted to come in but I told them to eat ####"

Side note - at some point in my life I want to be famous enough to tell possible presidents of the US to go eat #### 😁

I am not sure how i got this so wrong.

 

https://www.inquisitr.com/5844978/joe-rogan-biden-warren-buttigieg-podcast/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

I was amazed at how unprepared Bloomberg was.  He should have anticipated the NDA and dealt with it quickly bit he looked like he got caught off guard and he stammered and hemmed and hawed.  The line "none were about me except for a joke they didn't like" was cringe-worthy.  He recovered later, especially when calling out Sanders several times, but he came off as a Republican trying to buy into the Democratic party.

Warren had some good moments, especially when attacking Bloomberg, but she came off to me as being shrill, desperate and lacking substance.  

Sanders had a strong showing.  His message comes through loud and clear and he has not wavered.  I just don't think you can win a national presidential election in America as a self-described socialist.

Biden didn't hurt himself which is a major accomplishment for him but he seems old, not entirely sure of the facts and living on past accomplishments.   He may still be the best shot to beat Trump though.

Buttigieg:  Again shows he is the one candidate that can keep his cool while under attack and challenge the opposition.  He gives well thought out answers and delivers in a way that seeks unity and compromise.  He comes off as being green though and I think a married gay man is just not going to win.  Sad but I fear it is the truth.   Still I would love to see him in debates with Trump because I think the contrast is striking and obvious to even Trump supporters.

Klobuchar:  Completely lost her cool on several occasions and handled the Mexican president debacle poorly.  As a moderate woman with years of experience she's got some things going for her but she didn't do well last night and I doubt she can survive Super Tuesday.

 

Bottom line:   I see 4 more years of a Donald Trump presidency.

 

Has any man in the history of the universe been called "shrill"? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Has any man in the history of the universe been called "shrill"? 

Yes, namely Paul Krugman.

Edit: Here's a link to him whining about it.  "Shrill" didn't get gendered until the Hillary campaign, for obvious reasons.  

Edited by IvanKaramazov
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jackstraw said:

Has any man in the history of the universe been called "shrill"? 

Most men don't have a high voices.  Maybe high pitch Eric?

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloomberg - total disaster. Appeared disinterested and irritated he had to be on stage. Destroyed by Warren. Line attacking Bernie as communist  both good and bad. Line about Bernie's houses a little better. Did not come across as commanding and Presidential. 

Warren - terrible. Came across as desperate and her attacks were out of control. She took shots at Bloomberg but seemed over the top in delivery. Her disingenuous attacks on Pete and Amy and their health plans was the kicker for me. Just go away.

Biden - same old Joe. I like him but he rambles and his approach hasn't changed from talking too fast and disjointed to complete his points. He tries to make emotional connections but fails to connect most of the time due to his delivery. His age unfortunately shows.

Sanders - same old Bernie. Love him or hate him he is the most consistent politician of our lifetime. He is a democratic socialist and he'll let you know he couldn't care less if that bothers you. A populist really is probably a better label. Written off as not being able to win against Trump. I don't know. I thought there was NO WAY America would elect Trump. The thing is, populism works in America. If you can excite a core group of followers you got a chance. This is especially true given our lackluster voter turnout in our elections.

Buttigieg - mixed bag. He does so much better in townhall settings. Comes across as too scripted too much. I like his core message of unity and progressive pragmatism a lot, but his attacks can come across as pretty snarky sometimes and that kind of turns me off. Jumping on for example Bernie's health was not a good look. Good to call out Amy and the Mexican Pres thing but the way he did it was a bit condescending.

Klobuchar - mixed bag. Again, I like her core message alot too. Also pragmatic but tough and ready to move on issues. She got way too defensive surrounding the Mexican Pres thing though. Her tussle with Buttigieg was not a good look for her either. She got the even shorter end by losing her cool. She just doesn't like Pete and has a real issue with him getting support but not having the same resume as her. Was not her best night which is a change in momentum for her. 

Overall not a great night for anyone. Just a free for all mess.

Winner - Tom Steyer for not having participated.

Edited by cap'n grunge
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

Most men don't have a high voices.  Maybe high pitch Eric?

Who’s high pitch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Has any man in the history of the universe been called "shrill"? 

Yes, according to Trump (and in the case of Rand Paul).

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-defends-calling-hillary-clinton-shrill-i-know-men-are-n432806

Trump Defends Attacking Hillary Clinton: ‘I Know Men That Are Shrill’

Donald Trump defended his use of the word "shrill" to describe Hillary Clinton during a campaign speech, saying on MSNBC on Thursday morning that it's a word he would use to describe his male rivals.

"I think the word 'shrill' doesn't apply to women exclusively," the GOP presidential front-runner said on "Morning Joe." "I know men that are shrill."

During a campaign stop in North Charleston, South Carolina, on Wednesday, Trump raised his voice several octaves as he spoke of Clinton, who is running for the Democratic presidential nomination.

"Hillary, who’s become very shrill — do you know the word 'shrill'?" Trump asked the crowd. "She’s become shrill."

When pressed by "Morning Joe" guest Katty Kay, who said the term can be seen as sexist, Trump said the former secretary of state has "gotten loud" and "very boisterous" on the campaign trail.

"I know many men who've become very loud and obnoxious also," said Trump, adding, "I would call Rand Paul shrill."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pantherclub said:

without a doubt.  Trump will eviscerate everyone on that stage tonight with maybe, maybe the exception being Pete.

 

On a side note, this style of debate is so out dated its ridiculous.  Having 30 seconds or whatever to try and answer a important question while others are yelling and raising their hands is just stupid.  They need to do some long form sit down style podcast where they can articulate their points and not try and have some viral soundbite.

A standard debate format works with two, at most three, contenders. More than that and it is chaos and doing a disservice, IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Avery Johnson.

LOL so random

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloomberg should have told all of the other candidates to look into the camera and let anyone they may have a NDA out of their agreements.  And don't let them off with "I don't have any" statements.  If you don't have any NDA's, then it is real easy to say the words "I, insert name here, release any and all participants in any NDA's of which I may be a part".  And once they have all said those words, Bloomberg should look into the camera and say "I'm not THAT stupid".  

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, D-Day said:

Bloomberg should have told all of the other candidates to look into the camera and let anyone they may have a NDA out of their agreements.  And don't let them off with "I don't have any" statements.  If you don't have any NDA's, then it is real easy to say the words "I, insert name here, release any and all participants in any NDA's of which I may be a part".  And once they have all said those words, Bloomberg should look into the camera and say "I'm not THAT stupid".  

 

 

 

😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, D-Day said:

Bloomberg should have told all of the other candidates to look into the camera and let anyone they may have a NDA out of their agreements.  And don't let them off with "I don't have any" statements.  If you don't have any NDA's, then it is real easy to say the words "I, insert name here, release any and all participants in any NDA's of which I may be a part".  And once they have all said those words, Bloomberg should look into the camera and say "I'm not THAT stupid".  

 

 

 

I imagine most, if not all of the NDA's are associated with his businesses and not personally.   The easy answer would have been "any business of any size is going to have harassment cases that are settled with NDA's.  Some maybe legitimate and others from disgruntled employees but signed in the interest of avoiding potentially costly lawsuits.  In any case NDA's are put in place to protect both parties involved.  It would be reckless of me to say I'll waive them all on national TV just to please you"

I am sure that wouldn't have satisfied Warren but it would have been better than  his stammering and "jokes they didn't like" comment.

Edited by Godsbrother
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jackstraw said:

Has any man in the history of the universe been called "shrill"? 

Chris Tucker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How come the two females in these debates play the “are you calling me stupid” card anytime someone confronts them.  Klobuchar did it last night and Warren did the same thing when her and Bernie argued after the debate last month. They both seem very thin skinned and I feel like Trump would run over them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

How come the two females in these debates play the “are you calling me stupid” card anytime someone confronts them.  Klobuchar did it last night and Warren did the same thing when her and Bernie argued after the debate last month. They both seem very thin skinned and I feel like Trump would run over them. 

Warren didn’t ask if Bernie was calling her stupid. She said that he called her a liar on national television. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, squistion said:

Yes, according to Trump (and in the case of Rand Paul).

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-defends-calling-hillary-clinton-shrill-i-know-men-are-n432806

Trump Defends Attacking Hillary Clinton: ‘I Know Men That Are Shrill’

Donald Trump defended his use of the word "shrill" to describe Hillary Clinton during a campaign speech, saying on MSNBC on Thursday morning that it's a word he would use to describe his male rivals.

"I think the word 'shrill' doesn't apply to women exclusively," the GOP presidential front-runner said on "Morning Joe." "I know men that are shrill."

During a campaign stop in North Charleston, South Carolina, on Wednesday, Trump raised his voice several octaves as he spoke of Clinton, who is running for the Democratic presidential nomination.

"Hillary, who’s become very shrill — do you know the word 'shrill'?" Trump asked the crowd. "She’s become shrill."

When pressed by "Morning Joe" guest Katty Kay, who said the term can be seen as sexist, Trump said the former secretary of state has "gotten loud" and "very boisterous" on the campaign trail.

"I know many men who've become very loud and obnoxious also," said Trump, adding, "I would call Rand Paul shrill."

 

That's an after the fact defense of the same thing I'm talking about. My point in general is women seems to have some pre prescribed rules with how they debate, how they interact with others ESPECIALLY men. Men are Aggressive but women are domineering etc.

There are double standards galore in my opinion. All I'm saying. 

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jackstraw said:

That's an after the fact defense of the same thing I'm talking about. My point in general is women seems to have some pre prescribed rules with how they debate, how they interact with others ESPECIALLY men. Men are Aggressive but women are domineering etc.

There are double standards galore in my opinion. All I'm saying. 

   

But she is shrill.  Like dictionary definition of the word.  How is using the word correctly to describe her a double standard?  

Plenty of male candidates have had pejoratives thrown at them in the past.  Chris Christie's weight and Ted Cruz's face come to mind...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, unckeyherb said:

But she is shrill.  Like dictionary definition of the word.  How is using the word correctly to describe her a double standard?  

Plenty of male candidates have had pejoratives thrown at them in the past.  Chris Christie's weight and Ted Cruz's face come to mind...

Yikes.  Sometimes it best to be out of your mind!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pantherclub said:

On a side note, this style of debate is so out dated its ridiculous.  Having 30 seconds or whatever to try and answer a important question while others are yelling and raising their hands is just stupid.  They need to do some long form sit down style podcast where they can articulate their points and not try and have some viral soundbite.

Could not agree more

Its annoying and a total waste of time 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, unckeyherb said:

But she is shrill.  Like dictionary definition of the word.  How is using the word correctly to describe her a double standard?  

Plenty of male candidates have had pejoratives thrown at them in the past.  Chris Christie's weight and Ted Cruz's face come to mind...

"High pitched and piercing."

She doesn't have a particuarly high pitched voice. She is animated but not in any way more than anyone else on the stage. I'm not sure what is high pitched or piercing about her.

Maybe she pierces peoples fee fees or something I don't know.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jackstraw said:

"High pitched and piercing."

She doesn't have a particuarly high pitched voice. She is animated but not in any way more than anyone else on the stage. I'm not sure what is high pitched or piercing about her.

Maybe she pierces peoples fee fees or something I don't know.  

 

 

ok, to each his own.  I think she has a very high pitched, piercing voice and comes off as scolding more than anything else.  I also think Bernie comes off as scolding as well, albeit with much more of a baritone than Liz.  I'd use the pejorative of gruff for him.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

"High pitched and piercing."

She doesn't have a particuarly high pitched voice. She is animated but not in any way more than anyone else on the stage. I'm not sure what is high pitched or piercing about her.

Maybe she pierces peoples fee fees or something I don't know.  

 

 

Her normal speaking voice could not be fairly described as shrill. But she had a terrible habit on the campaign trail of yelling into the microphone. If you want to split hairs about whether that qualified as "shrill" then fine. But I think we can all agree it was torture to listen to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, pantherclub said:

After reading the rounds this morning I fully admit I am in the minority with this hot take but I think Bloomberg won last night.  If you look past his initial nervousness his answers were more rational and more thought out then the others.  He should have been better prepared for the NDA question but there isnt much he can do about that.  Its out of his hands.

 

Good God I hate warren and Amy K with a passion.  Both are horrible.  I thought Mayor Pete destroyed amy at every turn.

Bloomberg/Mayor Pete?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

"High pitched and piercing."

She doesn't have a particuarly high pitched voice. She is animated but not in any way more than anyone else on the stage. I'm not sure what is high pitched or piercing about her.

Maybe she pierces peoples fee fees or something I don't know.  

 

 

shrill

 adjective

Definition of shrill (Entry 2 of 3)

1a: having or emitting a sharp high-pitched tone or sound : PIERCING

b: accompanied by sharp high-pitched sounds or criesshrill gaiety

2: having a sharp or vivid effect on the sensesshrill light

3: STRIDENT, INTEMPERATEshrill angershrill criticism

 

Before Hillary ran for president, people used to describe men as shrill all the time.  I gave you an example on the previous page.  Stop gaslighting people on this.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think this is a honda....several people earlier mentioned Bloomberg's performance in the debate last night would not be viewed by many people and not have an impact, thinking maybe 5-6 million of viewers.  Looks like there were 33 million viewers last night night.

Lost of viewers of the debate last night

Edited by Phil Elliott
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, pantherclub said:

After reading the rounds this morning I fully admit I am in the minority with this hot take but I think Bloomberg won last night.  If you look past his initial nervousness his answers were more rational and more thought out then the others.  He should have been better prepared for the NDA question but there isnt much he can do about that.  Its out of his hands.

 

Good God I hate warren and Amy K with a passion.  Both are horrible.  I thought Mayor Pete destroyed amy at every turn.

Mayor Pet isn't perfect though. Bloomberg's NDA issues was just about a couple of bad jokes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Phil Elliott said:

I don't think this is a honda....several people earlier mentioned Bloomberg's performance in the debate last night would not be viewed by many people and not have an impact, thinking maybe 5-6 million of viewers.  Looks like there were 33 million viewers last night night.

A lot of people predicted he would be shaky in a live setting. But he still got off a couple zingers, such as his who has ever started a business in response to a business question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

A lot of people predicted he would be shaky in a live setting. But he still got off a couple zingers, such as his who has ever started a business in response to a business question.

Yes, totally crickets after he asked that question.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

shrill

 adjective

Definition of shrill (Entry 2 of 3)

1a: having or emitting a sharp high-pitched tone or sound : PIERCING

b: accompanied by sharp high-pitched sounds or criesshrill gaiety

2: having a sharp or vivid effect on the sensesshrill light

3: STRIDENT, INTEMPERATEshrill angershrill criticism

 

Before Hillary ran for president, people used to describe men as shrill all the time.  I gave you an example on the previous page.  Stop gaslighting people on this.

 

Okay followed up on those. Hmmmmm........dunno mang. Looking at that I wonder why 45 isn't shrill. Can't seem to put a finger on it tho. 

 

Strident

making or having a harsh sound; grating; creaking:strident insects; strident hinges.

having a shrill, irritating quality or character:a strident tone in his writings.

Linguistics. (in distinctive feature analysis) characterized acoustically by noise of relatively high intensity, as sibilants, labiodental and uvular fricatives, and most affricates.

 

Intemperate

adjective

given to or characterized by excessive or immoderate indulgence in alcoholic beverages.

immoderate in indulgence of appetite or passion.

not temperate; unrestrained; unbridled.

extreme in temperature, as climate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Murph said:

Her normal speaking voice could not be fairly described as shrill. But she had a terrible habit on the campaign trail of yelling into the microphone. If you want to split hairs about whether that qualified as "shrill" then fine. But I think we can all agree it was torture to listen to.

Maybe not shrill but we still hate her. Okay that I can deal with. 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jackstraw said:

Okay followed up on those. Hmmmmm........dunno mang. Looking at that I wonder why 45 isn't shrill. Can't seem to put a finger on it tho. 

 

Strident

making or having a harsh sound; grating; creaking:strident insects; strident hinges.

having a shrill, irritating quality or character:a strident tone in his writings.

Linguistics. (in distinctive feature analysis) characterized acoustically by noise of relatively high intensity, as sibilants, labiodental and uvular fricatives, and most affricates.

 

Intemperate

adjective

given to or characterized by excessive or immoderate indulgence in alcoholic beverages.

immoderate in indulgence of appetite or passion.

not temperate; unrestrained; unbridled.

extreme in temperature, as climate.

1.  Whatever trump is has nothing to do with what Warren is.

2.  I find it odd that you conjure up Trump to make your point.  I can think of no other person who is assigned more pejorative adjectives than him.  Who is a male.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Debate 10 of 12 tonight.
Both billionaires on stage.
Possibly (probably?) the last stand for Warren.
Final chance for Biden/Pete/Amy to fight over the centrists. 
Have to assume that everyone is coming for Bernie tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

Debate 10 of 12 tonight.
Both billionaires on stage.
Possibly (probably?) the last stand for Warren.
Final chance for Biden/Pete/Amy to fight over the centrists. 
Have to assume that everyone is coming for Bernie tonight. 

Warren is sharpening her ax for tonight. She is going to go even harder at Bloomberg. Should be entertaining. She already crushed him and now audio has leaked that he called her scary and supports big banks.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big mistake last debate with everyone attacking Bloomberg while giving Bernie a free pass.  It be different tonight, as Bernie can lock this race up with a good showing tonight.  I take the over that someone brings up Bernie’s love for Castro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.