What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Democratic Debates (2 Viewers)

The Commish said:
Did you guys actually watch last night :oldunsure:  
I watched most of it in between being interrupted by kids.  Thought Biden came off much better than other debates.  Outflanked Bernie to the left on the woman VP thing.  And also boxed him in a bit on his commitment to fully support Sanders if Sanders was to win the nomination.  

Fight isn't over, but we're heading to the last round and Bernie needs a knockout or he's done. 

The Dude said:
You are assuming that the woman isnt the most qualified
No I'm not. You appear to be creating a straw man here.  I never assumed and/or implied any of that.

All I'm saying is that he's already eliminated 50% of the candidates based on gender alone, which is nothing but pandering.

I'm guessing his final list just happens to be all women. But then that's just old gullIble me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The Commish said:
Did you guys actually watch last night :oldunsure:  
Nope.  

I wonder what the ratings were.

It won't matter - even for those that watched.  Too much else on everyone's plate to be worried about two old white guys having a go at each other.

I watched most of it in between being interrupted by kids.  Thought Biden came off much better than other debates.  Outflanked Bernie to the left on the woman VP thing.  And also boxed him in a bit on his commitment to fully support Sanders if Sanders was to win the nomination.  

Fight isn't over, but we're heading to the last round and Bernie needs a knockout or he's done. 
I didn't watch.  It really is a pretty simple thing at this point....do you want "progressive" or "less than progressive" (whatever phrase you want to use to label Biden).  I don't know that these debates are necessary anymore.

I'm guessing his final list just happens to be all women. But then that's just old gullIble me. 
I don't think this should be "scandalous" except for those looking for a reason to be outraged.

I have pointed out in the past, when I talked with Pete's campaign manager last fall, he was certain that every candidate at that point would go for gender diversity on the ticket.  (Racial diversity was not a given).

In a world with roughly 50% men, 50% women, having a presidential ticket that reflects that should not come as a shock, nor as an affront to all things decent.  This notion of "best person available" is laughable when you consider there are a group of people who are all equally qualified, perhaps in unique ways, to be Vice-President.  There is no objective criteria to identify the single best person.  

And yes, with a male Presidential candidate, being female does provide a leg-up when comparing potential candidates.  Thats life.  Deal with it.  (Or vote GOP - which, if this bothers you, is probably where your interests are best aligned.)

With healthcare polling as most important issue to voters in AZ, FL and IL at 43-47% and Biden crushing it shows what we've known all along. People dont want M4A. Thats the death of Bernie even in the primary.  

With healthcare polling as most important issue to voters in AZ, FL and IL at 43-47% and Biden crushing it shows what we've known all along. People dont want M4A. Thats the death of Bernie even in the primary.  
Medicare for all is polling decently in those same polls. That is not really the problem people have with Bernie. 

Medicare for all is polling decently in those same polls. That is not really the problem people have with Bernie. 
My impression is that people like the idea of medicare for all, but lack the appetite - right now - to really fight for it.

This was true before the coronavirus, but it's especially true now.  People just want to climb back to normalcy, and then see where to go from there.

Sydney Ember @melbournecoal

NEWS: Bernie Sanders plans to participate in the debate in April if one is held, his campaign said, the strongest indication yet that he plans to continue competing against Joe Biden in the 2020 primary for the foreseeable future.

I guess this is the right move - you never know who will still be alive in April...

(Even if tragedy struck, and something happened to Biden, Bernie still won't get the nomination...)

It's over. Everyone knows it is over including Bernie. Another Democratic debate serves no useful purpose. 
It's not over.  It takes 1,991 to achieve a majority.  Biden has 1,217, Sanders has 914.  There are about 1,600 left to allocate.  His mind is wasting away before our eyes, and he just had extremely credible sexual assault allegations leveled against him.  He is woefully unequipped to deal with the crisis at hand.  Sanders should stay in.  

Users who are viewing this thread