What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Democratic Debates (2 Viewers)

So do you think it's better to ignore them and let Trump hit the eventual nominee over the head with it? Or is it better to hash it out now?
I agree with tim here...better get the message about policy out during this vs. infighting over theories pushed by a liar.

The eventual nominee wouldn't have to deal with both issues...just one (at most if its Biden or Warren).

If its Biden...yes, Trump will bring up the Ukraine and China stuff...pending the impeachment inquiry and possible trial...Biden would have something big to hit back with.

If its Warren...and Trump tries to play up dishonesty...um, he will get clobbered.

Though, a good 35% of people will claim that Trump owned them in a debate no matter what is said.

Talking about their health care plans.
Yeah...even those are better options than what we have seen from this administration as well.  Which is tearing apart ACA and offering no alternative while prices continue to rise and more and more people are without healthcare.  (and the debt still rising).

Joe Biden did not act corruptly in Ukraine. But Hunter Biden made a living selling access to the White House.

Liz Warren's relationship with the truth is tenuous at best.

Ignoring these problems doesn't make them go away. The "Trump is Worse" defense, while accurate, didn't work in 2016, and I wouldn't bet on it in 2020.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Biden did not act corruptly in Ukraine. But Hunter Biden made a living selling access to the White House.

Ignoring these problems doesn't make them go away. The "Trump is Worse" defense, while accurate, didn't work in 2016, and I wouldn't bet on it in 2020.
The problem Trump has is too many people now don't believe anything he has to say.  Many people will just assume he's lying about Biden or Warren and tune him out.  The problem for him is the people who can be swayed and my gut tells me a lot of them think the guy is incompetent and a liar.  The question is what will they find distasteful about the D candidate and will it be enough to either not vote or vote for Trump.

Fine, but handle that in interviews. Debates are to draw contrast on policies and approaches among the candidates. It's hard enough to do that with twelve people. I don't want the time soaked up with this kind of stuff. I can't think of any kind of substantive input that could come from any candidate other than the one referenced.

Oddly, because i know that i'm the fifth in my line, going back more than 150 years to great-grandfather Hiram, to have little use for or interest in God, a pocket Evangelical movement has sprung up in our greater family the last 20 yrs or so. The captain of this effort, husband of my favorite girl cousin, happens to be based in the Westerville section of Columbus OH, site of tonite's debate. Almost wish i was on fB to bear witness to the hypertensive vitriol he must be spewing this wk.

For the cord cutters or not-near-a-TVers.

How can I watch the debate?
It will air exclusively on CNN, CNN International and CNN en Español, and will stream on CNN.com's homepage and NYTimes.com's homepage. The debate will also stream live on the following Facebook Pages: CNN, CNN International, CNN Politics, CNN Replay, AC360 and Erin Burnett OutFront.

In addition, the debate will be available across mobile devices via CNN's and New York Times' apps for iOS and Android, via CNNgo apps for Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, Chromecast and Android TV, SiriusXM Channels 116, 454 and 795, the Westwood One Radio Network and National Public Radio. You can also ask Amazon's Alexa to play the debate, and the voice-controlled assistant will play the audio of the debate.

Klobuchar is the most boring person running. I've never heard a candidate speak so uninspiring, unoriginal, and speak in such platitudes. How Bill Maher is putting all his money in on this chick is weird.

Elizabeth Warren‏ @ewarren 37s37 seconds ago

Sometimes there are issues that are bigger than politics. That’s the case with this impeachment inquiry. When the Mueller report came out, I read all 448 pages. When I got to the end, it became clear: This president obstructed justice, and did it repeatedly. #DemDebate

Kamala Harris on Trump and Ukraine:

"As a former prosecutor, I know a confession when I see it. And he did it in plain sight." #DemDebate

"One way or another, this presidency is going to come an end" - imagine where we will be, says @PeteButtigieg, saying he can handle the polarization we will face. #DemDebate

Users who are viewing this thread