What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Democratic Debates (1 Viewer)

Leonid Bershidskiy @Bershidsky

No one who advanced the Trump-Russia conspiracy theory can be a good U.S. president. It's an IQ test and a reality check.

I don't know. I got to think enough of the middle /lower class has to look at wealth gap and think "huh this seems like it's a bit messed up" eventually.
Its really never worked that way though traditionally. I think the millennial base might have this concept but I don't think they're really a reliable voter block.  Most people assume or dream they'll be rich.  This was the crux of that Joe the Plumber stuff.

Can Warren win the Midwest states with these ideas? I’m skeptical. 
No chance.  She’s the easiest candidate for a Republican to beat of the big players, I can’t see how more people don’t see this.  Maybe not 1984 level, but there is a decent chance she wouldn’t win but a couple states not touching an ocean. 

Getting the very top to pay more and how the money is spent is the argument one of these people has to come up with the best answer for.
The dirty little secret is we cannot afford our military, existing promises, and the programs these guys are proposing just by increasing taxes on the wealthy.  That is why ideas like Yang re VAT are interesting.  I think a higher estate tax is a good idea after recent cuts, but it is not moving the dial.

All we can take from tonight is, is Hildawg could roll outta bed, half hopped on benzos and wipe the floor with this lot.  There is no way the candidate is on stage here.

That’s one reason I love Bernie still - he’s not afraid to say Turkey isn’t our ally.  I’m not even 100% sure I agree with him but he’s not afraid of taking unpopular stances for what he believes.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dirty little secret is we cannot afford our military, existing promises, and the programs these guys are proposing just by increasing taxes on the wealthy.  That is why ideas like Yang re VAT are interesting.  I think a higher estate tax is a good idea after recent cuts, but it is not moving the dial.
To wit:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

@AOC 30m

Tax the rich.

Users who are viewing this thread