What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Democratic Debates (4 Viewers)

He belted out some nice lines, I'll give him that.  Buttigieg had some nice platitudes about a flag on his shoulder, which certainly appeals to people with no understanding of what the US actually did in Syria or how our empire actually works.  But military vets tend to support the Ron Paul/Gabbard types overwhelmingly- Buttigieg's empty rhetoric about American pride or whatever bull#### excuse that was supposed to be for staying in the middle east forever connects with veterans about as well as his awkward conversation with the UAW striker did.  
if that were true, she'd be getting more than 1%.   she's an isolationist who supports nationalist right wing autocrats, as well as being anti-muslim.   once you brush off her non-existent domestic policies, it's easy to see why she's praised by the likes of Steve Bannon.  

He belted out some nice lines, I'll give him that.  Buttigieg had some nice platitudes about a flag on his shoulder, which certainly appeals to people with no understanding of what the US actually did in Syria or how our empire actually works.  But military vets tend to support the Ron Paul/Gabbard types overwhelmingly- Buttigieg's empty rhetoric about American pride or whatever bull#### excuse that was supposed to be for staying in the middle east forever connects with veterans about as well as his awkward conversation with the UAW striker did.  
7.6 percent of Americans are veterans. 40-45% of them identify as Democrats. 

What’s Gabbard polling at?

she's an isolationist who supports nationalist right wing autocrats, as well as being anti-muslim. 
Don't disagree with you here.  I wrote a post outlining all my problems with her and why I don't support her, not the least of which were her ties to Trump sugardaddy Sheldon Adelson and hobnobbing with neocons at AEI.  I'm not a Tulsi fan- but at least someone is up there expressing a mildly antiwar viewpoint.  War is unmaking us, and it's a sad statement on our system that no one is adopting a compelling position to that end.  

They need like a trap door under each of the candidates and when they go full blown stupid, it opens up and they are gone. The only 3 left would be Yang, Gabbie and Klobuchar.
Ellen’s Game of Games comes to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Tulsi say she opposes 3rd trimester abortion?!? Holy crap, not being lockstep on that is going to have her run out on a rail. No compromises in that wing nowadays.
Late term abortion is a GOP talking point.   Nobody really cares about it other than people that don't understand the law or the facts.

All part of the process to get to the nom. A bunch of people on the stage would smoke Trump.
Who?  I think Bernie would do well but he's never getting the nom now,  Trump would eat all of them alive, apart from Pete, and I think he'd still come out ahead in the debate

I think Bloomberg would actually fare very well in a debate with him.

7.6 percent of Americans are veterans. 40-45% of them identify as Democrats. 

What’s Gabbard polling at?
I was basing my argument on how well Paul and Obama did in terms of contributions from active military service.  I don't know where to find those numbers for the 2020 election, though I'd like to look.  

Users who are viewing this thread