What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Chad Beebe, Vikings (1 Viewer)

Not sure if it is in one of the articles Faust posted above or not but Kubiak has said some positive things about Bebee following otas 

ESPN's Courtney Cronin said Chad Beebe is "a possible front-runner for the Vikings' No. 3 receiver position."

Beebe spent most of the 2018 season on the practice squad after earning a spot at a Vikings tryout, but he was promoted to the 53-man roster late last season when Stefon Diggs was out. Beebe would do well to be active for Week 1, but there's nobody preventing him from carving out a limited role behind Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs. Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski even said, "I think he's making a name for himself."

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Jun 14, 2019, 11:04 AM ET

does wr3 for the vikings hold much fantasy value? 
The answer to that question will depend on how many teams and how many roster spots each team is allocated. In a 10 team league with 20 roster spots, the WR3 for the Vikings won’t hold much fantasy value. In a 16 team league with 30 roster spots, you are likely researching who the WR3 for the Vikings is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not. With Diggs, Theilen, Rudolph, Smith and Cook...

But for the Vikings success it’s critical to have a WR3 in the middle of the field. Treadwell has been terrible and teams worked hard to take away Diggs/Theilen late last season. 

The answer to that question will depend on how many teams and how many roster spots each team is allocated. In a 10 team league with 20 roster spots, the WR3 for the Vikings won’t hold much fantasy value. In a 16 team league with 30 roster spots, you are likely researching who the WR3 for the Vikings is.

Probably not. With Diggs, Theilen, Rudolph, Smith and Cook...

But for the Vikings success it’s critical to have a WR3 in the middle of the field. Treadwell has been terrible and teams worked hard to take away Diggs/Theilen late last season. 
I've picked up because I'm intrigued. the league seems to be moving toward (or catching up to NEs gameplan) these smaller shifty possession WRs. Treadwell is terrible. 

If they didnt resign Theilen I'd really like him. But as roboto explained: Diggs, Theilen, Rudolph, Smith... it's hard to see another wr being worth much more than a bench stash in case Diggs or Theilen get hurt. There arent a lot if targets to go around to everyone.  

Again, I did pick him up to see what he does this preseason. If he turns into some redzone darling then he could definitely be someone to try and find an spot for. 

Johnny B. Goode said:
Not really.

I think the Vikings plan to run a lot more 2 TE sets this season. Stefanski did a bit of this once he took over as OC last season and Kubiak just influences the offense further in that direction as well. Plus the addition of Irv Smith in the draft, you are looking at if the WR 3 will actually be more productive than Smith will be or not?

As Mr. Roboto already laid out, we are talking about at best the player who will get the 4th most targets on the team, and perhaps 5th if Smith is more involved. The Vikings are also focused on running the ball more, which may or may not lead to fewer passing opportunities as a whole.

Treadwell caught 35 passes last year and I don't see Bebee or whoever wins the 3rd WR job doing much more than that.

Beebe Named Vikings Biggest Surprise From 2019 Offseason

Vikings Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Advisor Gary Kubiak certainly came away impressed with Beebe after minicamp ended last week.

“I think you also got to look at the fact that [Beebe] has had probably as good of an offseason as any player that I know on our side of the ball,” Kubiak said. “He’s got a chance to be a really good player for us, so it gives us flexibility to bounce around personnel wise.”

NFL.com's Tom Pelissero considers the Vikings' No. 3 receiver job "Chad Beebe's to lose."

Pelissero considers second-year UDFA Beebe his "one name to remember" headed into Vikings camp. Pelissero reports that the Vikings believe in Beebe's ability to beat man-to-man coverage. OC Kevin Stefanski said earlier this offseason that Beebe was "making a name for himself."

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Jul 23, 2019, 2:43 PM ET

There have been rumors that Treadwell May get cut. Even if he doesn’t Beebe has a chance to feast on single coverage with Diggs and Thielen around. 

Worth a flyer in deeper leagues. 

There have been rumors that Treadwell May get cut. Even if he doesn’t Beebe has a chance to feast on single coverage with Diggs and Thielen around. 

Worth a flyer in deeper leagues. 
Will they throw it enough for him to matter?

Likely not. That’s why I’d say in deeper leagues only. 

That being said, anecdotally Treadwell got targeted a decent amount last year. Imagine if someone who could catch got those targets instead. 

The Star Tribune's Ben Goessling reports Vikings WR Chad Beebe (ankle) will forego surgery.

Beebe reportedly tore ligaments in his ankle and was carted off in Sunday's matchup against the Raiders. Minnesota's going to give it a week and see how he's progressing before making a decision on his future. With the Vikings leaning on a top-five run play rate (49%) in one-score situations this season, it's unlikely any reserve will make an impact while Beebe's sidelined.

SOURCE: Ben Goessling on Twitter

Sep 24, 2019, 9:51 AM ET

Chad Beebe caught 7-of-7 targets for 63 yards and one touchdown in the Vikings' Week 12 win over the Panthers.

Beebe popped with Adam Thielen sidelined and Kirk Cousins attempting a season-high 45 passes. It was a fluky game that shouldn't be chased ahead of Week 13, even against the lowly Jaguars. Beebe and Bisi Johnson would split targets way behind Justin Jefferson is Thielen is out next week.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread