What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone else never get tired of Billie Holiday? (1 Viewer)

dont think it matters. albums weren't of a concept in the 40s and there was a lot of fluff. there's good & bad in her career as a band singer and the same in her solo work. i remember listening to a record w her and Ur bandleader Fletcher Henderson that i liked a bunch backinaday, but i looked it up for you and can't find it, so the collections are the way to go, i guess. she had a love/hate w Prez Young so this would be sumna have (and this vid of their last performance together was esp poignant - they didnt know that each other would be there & wouldnta showed if they had, but had a haunting moment) but the search is half the fun anyway.

if you like Billie, you may dig Madeleine Peyroux. Years ago i was listening to a Pandora mix of Bonnie Raiit+ and a song came on with some lady chanelling Lady Day on modern songs and i was just swept away, even moreso when i found out she was a French Canadian white lady. wikkid say check it.

ETA: I've seen Peyroux live and she aint apeing nobody. that's just her tip -

Last edited by a moderator:
dont think it matters. albums weren't of a concept in the 40s and there was a lot of fluff. there's good & bad in her career as a band singer and the same in her solo work. i remember listening to a record w her and Ur bandleader Fletcher Henderson that i liked a bunch backinaday, but i looked it up for you and can't find it, so the collections are the way to go, i guess. she had a love/hate w Prez Young so this would be sumna have (and this vid of their last performance together was esp poignant - they didnt know that each other would be there & wouldnta showed if they had, but had a haunting moment) but the search is half the fun anyway.

if you like Billie, you may dig Madeleine Peyroux. Years ago i was listening to a Pandora mix of Bonnie Raiit+ and a song came on with some lady chanelling Lady Day on modern songs and i was just swept away, even moreso when i found out she was a French Canadian white lady. wikkid say check it.
Great info wikked!  Thanks for posting@@!

Users who are viewing this thread