What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (7 Viewers)

Article on the Athletic about how the Clippers landed Kawhi and George is pretty interesting.

Though what really stopped me in my tracks was that a member of LA's core group was "executive director of research and identity Lee Jenkins".

Apparently that title and job means something like:

In a narrow sense, he probably will meet with draft prospects to better understand them, Frank said. The Clippers also envision Jenkins helping the organization in larger, and more undefined, ways.

“Usually the quality of the answers you receive is the direct correlation of the quality of the questions you ask,” Frank said. “Lee asks great questions and part of asking great questions is being a great listener.

“He also has this relentless curiosity about him, what makes people tick, what makes teams tick, why do teams win, why do they lose, organizational behaviors. You really can put Lee in any situation and he’s going to impact the environment.”

A handful of writers have traded bylines for behind-the-scenes roles with NBA teams before. Jenkins credited Ballmer for what he called a willingness to think differently and create a job that is “pretty outside the box.”

“I think they are serious about getting to know players,” Jenkins said. “They are exploring that. That’s kind of what I do. That’s what I try to do with my stories. I think they felt like their interest and my passion kind of aligned in that way.”
https://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/la-sp-clippers-lee-jenkins-20180918-story.html

Article on the Athletic about how the Clippers landed Kawhi and George is pretty interesting.

Though what really stopped me in my tracks was that a member of LA's core group was "executive director of research and identity Lee Jenkins".

https://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/la-sp-clippers-lee-jenkins-20180918-story.html
Bringing him onboard also goes a long way toward making sure his buddies in the media always have nice things to say about their front office. It was a savvy move. 

Guess being invited to "Team USA" isn't the honor it used to be, lots of players declining. Trickling down to bench players  :oldunsure:

Guess being invited to "Team USA" isn't the honor it used to be, lots of players declining. Trickling down to bench players  :oldunsure:
It's not the Olympics so guys are focused on their jobs and not an amateur tournament that doesn't matter.

Dont know if this is a pig-in-a-poke or not, but it doesn't have to be.

The stoopitest thing about humanity is how hungry it is for innovation in the technoverse but how starved it is of innovation in attitude, performance & cooperation of the individuals who run the technology. In our personal and professional behavior, people still think that improvising is the best way to go. As i put it in another thread:

Like many FFAppers dream, you break the huddle of fellows who've come to count on you, go up to the line, look at the defense, call out the appropriate adjustments, bark the snap count as 50,000 screaming fans and millions of TV viewers watch in anticipation, take the ball, step up to beat the rush and throw a perfect spiral down the field for the winning touchdown.

No, wait. You haven't practiced a lick of this and, if you don't fumble the snap and fall flat on your face as a result while competitors shake their head or laugh, you get your spine snapped in three places by people who've actually trained for this moment.
If we were to innovate at 1/100th behaviorally (writing playbooks for living, rehearsing reactive flowcharts) that we do technologically, we wouldnt be worrying about system crashes, drone economies, income inequality, etc. Solving, or at least resolving, people themselves should be an important part of how we work together, but our egos insist that life isn't life unless we make it up as we go along. Stoopiter than stoopit! I applaud any attempt to administer identity & cooperation - we wouldnt have the wildass identity politics we do today if we did. Good work is all about being noticed, appreciated, valued, properly employed and we pay no attention to it at all.

ETA: translation - we've worked on every aspect of productivity........except the producers

Last edited by a moderator:
Good work is all about being noticed, appreciated, valued, properly employed and we pay no attention to it at all.
Most value innovation much, much more than maintenance.  Not saying innovators shouldn't be highly valued, but in general few really make a difference (resulting in technological leaps, outperforming a market, or greatly increasing efficiency over the long-term) while people that maintain businesses/platforms/etc tend to be greatly underappreciated.

They have to qualify for the Olympics through this though. Surely they will, but still..
Backup scrubs can qualify. When it comes time for the main event, are they going to say LeBron and company can't play because they didn't go to the World Cup?

Pau Gasol signs a 1 year deal for 2.56 with Portland.  Ok....

More importanly, JaKarr Sampson signs a 1 year deal with Indiana.  Look out for them Pacers.

Bulls minutes are weird too like having LaVine getting the majority of his minutes at PG.  But I’m ignoring that because they’re giving a 52% chance at making the playoffs.  :thumbup:
I think they do have a realistic chance of making the playoffs, but they are bunched in a with several teams and will likely be fighting for a 7 or 8 seed IF everything does right.

1) Health (the core has barely played together over the past 2 seasons).

2) Assuming health, is there 1-2 all-stars (Zach and Lauri) in the mix?

3) Can WCJ and Santoransky be NBA caliber starting players? WCJ got good reviews from most season so think most are optimistic for him.  Santoransky is an interesting player and sort of an under the radar signing. Can play multiple positions and that should help the Bulls as well if he can prove to a be worthy of starting minutes.

4) Depth - Probably should be higher on this list given the 1st point, but signing T.Young should help up-front.

Overall, I think they do have talent, but not sure (probably doubtful) there is any top line talent so even if they improve, the question of landing a star player will likely be the major question that remains next off-season.

Was hoping we got him after stupid Korver went to Milwaukee.
Means they dont see Shake as an option at PG. 

So:

PG:  Simmons, Neto, Burke

SG:  Richardson, Zhaire, Shake, Korkmoz(sp)

SF:  Harris, Thybulle, Ennis

PF:  Horford, Scott, Bolden

C : Embiid, O’brien

Beleaguered internet poster gets triggered by a totally benign quote and then makes three posts whining about it, news at 11
Triggered, #######. I know that's a bad thing to be because Joe Rogan's Netflix special is also called Triggered. I guess the real question now is, am I a beta cuck? Should I not tell people my pronouns? Back to the drawing board. Thanks @Moe.

I know what very little of what any of that means - triggered was a bad word for me to use I think

Last edited by a moderator:
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn 6m6 minutes ago

Portland Trail Blazers guard CJ McCollum has agreed to a three-year, $100 million contract extension --- extending his current deal to five years and $157 million, his agent, Sam Goldfeder of Excel Sports, tells ESPN.

Users who are viewing this thread