Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Capella

2019-20 NBA Thread: Blazers sign Carmelo Anthony in attempt to make team actively worse

Suns just massacred the Kings last night. Still don't think James Jones has any plan for the team. Saric deal is/was just weird to move down for a PF in last year of deal. They signed Kaminsky, who isn't any differenct than Saric, to a much cheaper contract. Not to mention they've got 2 guys in Oubre/Bridges that are fully capable of sliding over. Ayton finally made some impact defensively last night. 

Bagley's now out 4-6 weeks with fractured thumb as well 

What a choke job by the Bulls. Easily the more talented team but still lose. Bulls do look much better with White/Young/Dunn off the bench.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Suns just massacred the Kings last night. Still don't think James Jones has any plan for the team. Saric deal is/was just weird to move down for a PF in last year of deal. They signed Kaminsky, who isn't any differenct than Saric, to a much cheaper contract.

Bagley's now out 4-6 weeks with fractured thumb as well 

Maybe not, but Rubio is such a professional and stabilizing force for that team. That was a good add. 

bagley inspired me to yell at my TV so much yesterday I’m not even bummed about it right now. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Frostillicus said:

Layman as advertised 👍

Watched the game with my teen aged boys.  The 17 year old yelled "get him off the court!" every time he touched the ball.

35 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

Watched the game with my teen aged boys.  The 17 year old yelled "get him off the court!" every time he touched the ball.

Because he was rooting for Brooklyn?

Harden's beard = +9

Westbrook's hair = -7

Suns: *win one game*

NBA: That can’t be right.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, caustic said:

Suns: *win one game AND Ayton blocked 4 shots*

NBA: That can’t be right.

Updated.

NBA: Yep, PEDs without question. 

• Like 1

It was an accident...

"I want to apologize to my family, the entire Suns organization, my teammates, partners, our fans and the Phoenix community. This was an unintentional mistake and unfortunately I put something in my body that I was completely unaware of. I do understand the unfortunate impact that this has on so many others, and for that I am deeply sorry. I'm extremely disappointed that I've let my team down. I will continue to work with the NBPA to go through arbitration and am hopeful of a positive resolution."

16 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

That’s what they all say.

i was being sarcastic there. he tested for a banned diuretic... used for masking... accidental masking... yeah.

Edited by Chaos Commish
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Long Ball Larry said:

is shaq off of the TNT studio show?

His sister died today.

Bucks out attempted at the FT 39-18 on the road in Houston and still come away with the win. Giannis puts the NBA on notice recording a triple double (30 pts, 13 reb, 11 ast) in a showdown between the league's last 3 MVPs. Philly who?

Hope this Rockets experiment continues - Russ/Harden 9-30 combined! Fantastic. 

I hope these ESPN losers go ape #### with these super individuals losing and the TEAMS keep winning.

Any of you guys still awake to witness the Clippers squash the Warriors by 20 30?

Edited by EYLive
  • Like 3

Clips are good

Warriors are in some trouble. 

15 minutes ago, millertyme1 said:

What a gutty effort by Warriors at home with their 3 All Stars against the Clippers and their All Star.

:lmao: 

Dubs missed a lot of open 3s. They won't be this bad every night. However, if their jumpers aren't falling they have no defense at all to make it a game.

Good news is that Looney hit a 3 pointer. Hopefully he can get healthy and become a 3 point threat because having Draymond and Looney play big minutes together is the only way to give the Dubs a chance a stringing a few stops together.

20 minutes ago, millertyme1 said:

What a gutty effort by Warriors at home with their 3 All Stars against the Clippers and their All Star.

:lmao: 

The Clips are very solid behind Leonard and George. That would be a better and more accurate thing to say than your dumb post.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ffldrew said:

I hope these ESPN losers go ape #### with these super individuals losing and the TEAMS keep winning.

I'm not a Rockets fan at all--and honestly--I thought the Westbrook acquisition was going to make them a train wreck. With that said--I don't think the loss to the Bucks was without positives.   They were up 16 against one of the best teams in the league where Harden only made 2 field goals the entire night.   If Harden even has a below average game-the Rockets win the game pretty easily.  I'm not sure I'd categorize this game as being a train wreck experiment. If anything--I thought tonight showed that the Rockets can compete and hold their own against a really good team. 

I can't believe that the new Harden-Westbrook pairing didn't work immediately!

I can't believe a now-depleted Warriors' team lost to the favorites to win the West!

I can't believe it's not butter!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, ffldrew said:

Aside from harden, the rockets probably have about as much continuity as any team in the league.  And so do the bucks.

probably should focus more on teams who make the luckiest pick in history...

Pistons lost last night but Derrick Rose has been pretty darn good coming off the bench in the first two games. 27 points in 25 minutes on 16 shots last night.

• Like 1

The Clippers are really, really good.  They have controlled two of the better teams in the West without their second best player who is another 2-way monster.

They are so deep and so good defensively, it is stupid.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

The Clippers are really, really good.  They have controlled two of the better teams in the West without their second best player who is another 2-way monster.

Totally agree--and the most underrated aspect of that team is that everybody knows their roles and stays in their lanes.   Kawhi knows when to attack and he also knows when the better play is to set his teammates up.  Montreal and Zubac are high energy efficient bigs that play really hard.  Beverly and Shamet are both really solid defensively--but they also stick with their bread and butter offensively. If they have an open 3--they take it--if not--they set a teammate up or just keep the ball moving.  Lou is such a great shot maker.  He's such a luxury to have knowing that their offensive game is still alive even when their starters are resting.   This team played their butts off last year and overachieved---and that was with no kawhi or george.  If this team stays healthy--they are going to be really hard to beat. 

2 hours ago, whoknew said:

Pistons lost last night but Derrick Rose has been pretty darn good coming off the bench in the first two games. 27 points in 25 minutes on 16 shots last night.

for Detroit's sake, i hope this sustains. Can amount to something if Blake stays healthy and Rose can keep up. They seem to have been lost in that purgatory area of fringe playoff team for so long, Will be fun if they can be more competitive

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jayrod said:

Agree all the way around. They're built to go the distance imo.

Clippers are my pick to win it all (hot take I know).

They got 3 point shooting and toughness over the Lakers. 

They have a PG3 player that Milwaukee can't match. 

The 76ers are interesting, but barring Shaq like dominance from Embiid I'll take the 3 point shooting of the Clippers. 

Lakers taking a lot of jump shots. Are they that afraid of Gobert?

It's amazing how much easier it is to score layups than jump shots. Someone alert Frank Vogel.

Coby White looking excellent, so far, and what a great attitude.

He scored twenty-one points in the second half. A reporter asked him about the run he went on, and he responded, "We're a team. I didn't go on a run. The team went on a run."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EYLive said:

Lakers taking a lot of jump shots. Are they that afraid of Gobert?

They should be.  Lebron and Davis both have now taken bad tumbles trying to dunk on Gobert.  Dumb.

LeBron going back to the headband (and pre-game do rag) to cover up another recent hair transplant right?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

Coby White looking excellent, so far, and what a great attitude.

He scored twenty-one points in the second half. A reporter asked him about the run he went on, and he responded, "We're a team. I didn't go on a run. The team went on a run."

My link.

5 hours ago, offdee said:

LeBron going back to the headband (and pre-game do rag) to cover up another recent hair transplant right?

Judging by the bald spots, it didn't take very well.

Wow, this Cedi Osman deal might be the best of all the rookie extensions this year.

well, now that I think about it, it’s apples to oranges because he was not a first round pick.  Still a very nice deal.

Edited by Long Ball Larry

9 hours ago, RUSF18 said:

Judging by the bald spots, it didn't take very well.

'bout to go full Carlos Boozer spray on

Markelle Fultz just hit his first 3 of the year which is [checks notes]....one more than Ben Simmons has hit in his entire career. 

• Like 1

Miami is 2-0 with wins at home (Memphis) and on the road @ Milwaukee. Without Butler.  Fun to watch with Kendrick Nunn, who was stolen from the Warriors on the last day of the regular season, and Tyler Herro.

I completely understand wanting a better defensive guy on Trae Young. 

They still needed DJ out there on offense. This loss is on Clifford 

2 hours ago, Capella said:

Markelle Fultz just hit his first 3 of the year which is [checks notes]....one more than Ben Simmons has hit in his entire career. 

Wasn't aware there was a comparison.