What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (3 Viewers)

i just wanted to let you know that i did not watch this because i am not in to watching pervert molesters get cheered by a fan base that will apparently overlook anything a guy does no matter how horrible if it gets them ws maybe the lake show can change its name to the los angeles epstein weinsteins take that to the bank bromigos 
If there is anything anyone ever can take to the bank it is the ol swcer hating on any Kobme post in this thread, brokobemo.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: SWC
i just wanted to let you know that i did not watch this because i am not in to watching pervert molesters get cheered by a fan base that will apparently overlook anything a guy does no matter how horrible if it gets them ws maybe the lake show can change its name to the los angeles epstein weinsteins take that to the bank bromigos 
If there is anything anyone ever can take to the bank it is the ol swcer hating on any Kobme post in this threat, brokobemo.
truthfully i just feel bad that i missed it before and did not quickly enough jump in to action to besmirch a guy whose entire carreer is a falsity since he should have been in jail other than that though im having a friday so boom take that to the bank brohan 

Doncic does something so well that I have only ever seen Magic Johnson do, and that is when he gets trapped or double-teamed he seems to not only find the open player but the player who has the easiest shot or most direct route to the basket. 

The first couple times you see it, you think it is just luck that he found Kleber rolling to towards the basket for an easy dunk, or Hardaway for an open three pointer, but when it happens again and again and again, it is amazing to behold. 

It was interesting to see the double teaming all night (and the triple teaming on the last play).  Way better than the awkward guarding from behind we saw in last year’s playoffs.
It's unfortunate, though predictable, to watch Westboogie fail to understand, as his predecessor CP3 could, that Harden is just inevitable and no reflection on how good or bad is anyone who plays with him. It's early yet, but i hope Russ can eventually not try to compete for attention, as last nite's miss that sealed it for LAC clearly was.

I like the play-in mini tournament idea but I don’t understand the 30 team mid-season tournament at all. 
I like that the qualifications to the tournament are a series of divisional regular season games. With extra money on the line and the national audience bright lights, I can see players getting up to play a small single elimination tournament. As a fan, I’d certainly watch it.

I like that the qualifications to the tournament are a series of divisional regular season games. With extra money on the line and the national audience bright lights, I can see players getting up to play a small single elimination tournament. As a fan, I’d certainly watch it.
Yeah, seems like they're taking some notes from the Premier League.  Now if they could only figure out relegation to make things interesting at the bottom.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I think part of the allure of the "Cup" tournaments that are held all over the soccer world during the soccer season  is that it gives chances for lower division clubs to upset the top teams. 

But with the NBA seemingly limiting this to only NBA teams, that fun part of the cup is eliminated immediately.

The new Heat is going on runs, putting away bad opponents by double digits. On a night Butler goes 3 for 16, the Heat beats the Cavaliers 24. They have many scorers and a strong bench with Goran, Tyler, and Olynik coming off the bench, with Winslow and James Johnson still out. Their scouting department did a great job with undrafted Duncan Robinson, 1st round pick Herro, and stealing Kendrick Nunn from the Warriors at the end of last year. Bam is a candidate for most improved.
i guess...

The mid-season tournament is the most intriguing to me.  March madness style.

I think the winner should get:

1.  Home field advantage in every round of playoffs.

2.  First pick after the lottery in following draft.

3.  Each player gets a bonus.  30% of their current salary.

I would call it the Gold Cup.  Brand it as winner take all.  Single elimination.  Who is clutch.  Who can handle the pressure.  Make it into something players want on resume.  I got three rings and 5 cups.

i feel like Boston needs to make an effort to trade for Kelly Olynk and bring him back to Boston. Dude has C's written all over him, and seems like a Stephens kind of guy. 

kid's 19 i think still. Good for Magic taking advantage of that situation with the Sixers and getting him for free, and good for the kid getting good playing time.

Kudos to Sixers to, because there have been rumors that other teams did have interest, but they did want to send him to a team that wasn't going to further ruin his career. 

Observations from Ira Winderman of the Sun-Sentinel:

- Because it could be that you only can buy so much time with a starting lineup featuring Meyers Leonard and Duncan Robinson.

-- At least against this level of competition.

-- In other words, don't write off Justise Winslow.

-The height of humiliation might have been when Tyler Herro missed consecutive free throws in the third period and everyone won free Wendy's Frostys.

Observations from Ira Winderman of the Sun-Sentinel:

- Because it could be that you only can buy so much time with a starting lineup featuring Meyers Leonard and Duncan Robinson.

-- At least against this level of competition.

-- In other words, don't write off Justise Winslow.

-The height of humiliation might have been when Tyler Herro missed consecutive free throws in the third period and everyone won free Wendy's Frostys.
it's a good take.  i have always been a fan of spoelstra and wouldn't be surprised if they had a good regular season record, high 40s maybe even 50 based on scheme and effort.  I can't see them being able to do much in the playoffs though (without some other improvement in the roster somehow).  Kind of like the Pacers of the past couple years.

it's a good take.  i have always been a fan of spoelstra and wouldn't be surprised if they had a good regular season record, high 40s maybe even 50 based on scheme and effort.  I can't see them being able to do much in the playoffs though (without some other improvement in the roster somehow).  Kind of like the Pacers of the past couple years.
Not a terrible comparison except for one thing. People seem to forget that the Pacers were absolutely rolling last year and were 3rd in the East when Oladipo went down.   As a Pacers fan--I'm not saying they were favorites to come out of the East even with Oladipo--but had Oladipo stayed healthy--I absolutely believe they were good enough to be a significant Eastern Conference playoff factor.  

Not a terrible comparison except for one thing. People seem to forget that the Pacers were absolutely rolling last year and were 3rd in the East when Oladipo went down.   As a Pacers fan--I'm not saying they were favorites to come out of the East even with Oladipo--but had Oladipo stayed healthy--I absolutely believe they were good enough to be a significant Eastern Conference playoff factor.  
I picture the future pairing of Dipo/Brog to be as perfect as the Turner/Sabonis duo is imperfect. Interesting team if VO comes back well, esp if the Celts stay soft in the middle and the Sixers continue to do everything well & nothing right.

Encyclopedia Brown said:
Houston has a dismal bench. Harden, Westbrook and Capela are going to be worn down to nubbins before the All-Star break. 
none of the 3 play playoff basketball, so it really doesn't matter

Encyclopedia Brown said:
Houston has a dismal bench. Harden, Westbrook and Capela are going to be worn down to nubbins before the All-Star break. 
Injuries have definitely hurt them early.  Not having Gordon is key but Nene and Gerald Green also provided valuable minutes in past seasons.  Still a work in progress.  

Embiid goes 0/11 from the field and 0/3 at the line vs the Raptors 🤣

I enjoy is social media antics and hopefully this doesn't impact that too much, but gonna be hard to trash talk anyone after this stinker.

I enjoy is social media antics and hopefully this doesn't impact that too much, but gonna be hard to trash talk anyone after this stinker.
Ya I legit thought the stat line was incorrect.  He played 32 minutes, got 13 rebounds, and didn't get a single point.  Insane.

I'm still thoroughly unimpressed with Brett Brown's coaching.  That team has the talent to go to to toe with Milwaukee, but they are too inconsistent.

Thunder won last night at GSW.  Someone more experienced with tanking, can you explain how I should feel about the win?
538 has the Thunder at 40% to make the playoffs. I would prefer my team tank than make the 7 or 8 seed, but they are legitimately in the mix to make the playoffs. The top 6 seeds in the west seem like a lock, but beyond that the 7-13 seeds (the Griz and Warriors aren't going anywhere) are totally up in the air.

He is saying he wasn’t tired and didn’t look fatigued with this being his 4th game in 6 days. I thought he looked gassed in the first half. There was a sequence where the raptors got 2-3 offensive rebounds and Embiid was just kind of standing there. This should have been a rest day, but he needs to get in better shape still. 

Users who are viewing this thread