What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (7 Viewers)

Worries me a lot that he's this broken down at 19. Has anyone ever been this injury-prone so young and come back to be an elite NBA player? People were saying Blake Griffin and Joel Embiid, but were their knees shot as teens?
don't think he's broken down at all. just don't think they want to tarnish his star-track w a team that's already played its way out of contention.

Enjoyed the Celtics/Mavs game last night, the Mavs really move the ball well(Especially with Brunson's drive and kick game). The Mavs were getting good shots with their ball movement they just weren't hitting them. Celts played decent D but were a touch late quite a bit. 

I’ll get in line come January. It’s just too much season to care right now. They need to gotten that schedule. 
Sounds like a few FBGs are posting similar sentiments.  I do hope the NBA attempts a post-Thanksgiving Day single elimination tournament in the near future.  There's no real downside to trying it out.  Heck, work in the Elam ending for those games while they're at it.

The Heat with 2 of the top 10 candidates for rookie of the year in Nunn and Herro. And rookie Chris Silva who provides good backup minutes as a rebounder. Duncan Robinson is almost a rookie. In last night's close win over the 76ers, Nunn was +19 and Tyler was +4.
The Heat are an intriguing team to watch.  Adebayo looks shot out of a cannon this season and his passing game is second to only Jokic at the 5.  Seems to be a really good person as well.  Great core player to have for Miami.

Enjoyed the Celtics/Mavs game last night, the Mavs really move the ball well(Especially with Brunson's drive and kick game). The Mavs were getting good shots with their ball movement they just weren't hitting them. Celts played decent D but were a touch late quite a bit. 
Brunson has that crafty old man game.  Not sure he can be a starter for a Finals team, but he's an ideal #3 guard.  On offense the Mavs could really open up the paint with a stretch 5.  Porzingas can guard the rim on D, but the current 5's for Dallas just constrict the offense too much.  Some will say move Kristaps to the 5, but I'm just not sure he can stay healthy playing big minutes there.

There garbage refs are ruining the league.
They blow a clean block from Lou Williams by calling a foul then call 2 techs on him because they have fragile egos and are inept. The league is better off firing all the officials and letting the player call their own fouls; at least there'd be some integrity.

There garbage refs are ruining the league.
They blow a clean block from Lou Williams by calling a foul then call 2 techs on him because they have fragile egos and are inept. The league is better off firing all the officials and letting the player call their own fouls; at least there'd be some integrity.
The call may have been poor, but the Clippers didn't stay within themselves tonight.  Numerous players overreacted to the officials and let the game get away from them.  Looked like the old CP3/Blake Clip show in the 2nd half.

With that said, the Rockets took this game from them in LA.  Primarily due to the sheer will of Russell Westbrook.  Harden had a rough start, but the Rockets defense was impressive down the stretch and Russ went to OKC hyper-aggressive mode.

I'm sorry, but the 76ers will never make it to the finals with Brett Brown as their head coach. He just doesn't have it in him to get this super talented team to play well enough to beat the big teams.

Jazz trade exum to Cavs for Jordan clarkson.

kind of a weird deal since the jazz seemed to be dead set on keeping exum, but I guess they could use some bench creation.  I guess this is a pretty bad sign for exum’s future (and his athleticism hasn’t been too good this year), but seems like a worthy gamble for the Cavs to get someone who can play any defense.

kind of a weird deal since the jazz seemed to be dead set on keeping exum, but I guess they could use some bench creation.  I guess this is a pretty bad sign for exum’s future (and his athleticism hasn’t been too good this year), but seems like a worthy gamble for the Cavs to get someone who can play any defense.
Thought it might be the Cavs trying to get off of salary, but Clarkson is expiring. I don’t know. Exum has never shown anything indicating he’s any good. 

Clarkson's been solid off the bench this year. Good addition to Jazz bench.

Ingles should remain their starting PG. They're a better team with him there. He's thrived back in the starting lineup and much better than Conley's been at any point this year. Conley's been the worst offseason addition in the league. Unfortunately for the Jazz, they've got him another season over $30 mil and will probably feel obligated to throw him back in the starting lineup. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought it might be the Cavs trying to get off of salary, but Clarkson is expiring. I don’t know. Exum has never shown anything indicating he’s any good. 
I dont totally agree with that. He was a strong and versatile defender in the playoffs two years ago.  Doesn’t seem like he will ever live up to top 5 pick, but I still think he can do something.  Not sure this Cavs team is really the place for that though.  

I dont totally agree with that. He was a strong and versatile defender in the playoffs two years ago.  Doesn’t seem like he will ever live up to top 5 pick, but I still think he can do something.  Not sure this Cavs team is really the place for that though.  
:shrug:  guards who play decent defense and post a career PER of 8 are pretty fungible. 

They wouldnt trade Exum for the now-regrettable Mike Conley last deadline. Clarkson isn't also a closer like Lou Williams can be, but he can cure bench-lull almost as well. Exum's a good Fultzish speculation for the Cavs.

:shrug:  guards who play decent defense and post a career PER of 8 are pretty fungible. 
He has a wingspan of over 6’9” and has been able to guard threes.  I think that is pretty valuable, though I agree it will be hard if they can’t get more out of him on offense.

He has a wingspan of over 6’9” and has been able to guard threes.  I think that is pretty valuable, though I agree it will be hard if they can’t get more out of him on offense.
Iman Shumpert is available for the minimum with a 6-7 wingspan and plays good defense. Those guys are available. Exum might be more of a untapped talent offensively (age and draft pedigree work in his favor there to some extent, though I think Pelton did some research saying draft position is no longer a relevant indicator 3+ years out), I just don’t think we’ve seen any evidence of it on the court. 

as a knick fan, i’m still trying to figure out how ntilikina was drafted 8th overall.  i mean, was every scout simply wrong on this guy?  he has zero NBA skills in today’s day and age.  he can’t shoot and isn’t athletic to attack the rim or create for others.  i get that he is tall and waves his arms, but i think the modern day PG is a bit more than that.  no idea why the knicks picked up his option.  he might be a great 12 th man for a contender where he needs to play 5 minutes every 20 games or so, but him getting 25-30 minutes nightly says we simply don’t care to win.

Massive game for the sixers today.  Bucks have had a few days off and Sixers lost 2 of their last 3 at home.  Need this one.

Merry Chrysler everyone.

I'm sorry, but the 76ers will never make it to the finals with Brett Brown as their head coach. He just doesn't have it in him to get this super talented team to play well enough to beat the big teams.
😁 may be on to something here. 

meanwhile Sixers up 30 on league leading Bucks. Regular season, especially the first half, always has good takes 

😁 may be on to something here. 

meanwhile Sixers up 30 on league leading Bucks. Regular season, especially the first half, always has good takes 
Let's see if they can do it for more than 1 game.  With that much talent, this type of game should be the norm, not a Christmas miracle.

Let's see if they can do it for more than 1 game.  With that much talent, this type of game should be the norm, not a Christmas miracle.
It’s the regular season. When they play games that mean something they usually play well (beat Miami by 40 first game). Their biggest problem right now is they just coast too much. They think they are the warriors already with a few championships under their belt

Shooting better than 50% from 3 while Giannis is missing layups, yes.  Plus they've let it become a 16 pt game now.
Lol they have utterly dominated the entire game. When you are up 30 points in the 4th you can lay off the gas a bit. Just going through motions 

Shooting better than 50% from 3 while Giannis is missing layups, yes.  Plus they've let it become a 16 pt game now.
Shooting better than 50% from 3 should be the norm?  No team does that.  Jeez, your bias is next level.  At least Modogg's is partially shtick.

9 with 1:52 to play....lol
Yup. Definitely thought the bucks were going to win the game there 😋  

game was total domination. Not saying this happens every time but simply saying when Sixers care and are motivated they can hang with all of them 

Yup. Definirlet thought the bucks were going to win the game there 😋  

game was total domination. Not saying this happens every time but simply saying when Sixers care and are motivated they can hang with all of them 
That ECF matchup would be insane. 

Shooting better than 50% from 3 should be the norm?  No team does that.  Jeez, your bias is next level.  At least Modogg's is partially shtick.
Let me explain it to you clearer since you don't seem to grasp basic logic. 

When shooting 50% from 3, Philly should be winning easily.  Let's see what they do if they aren't breaking team records for made 3's in a game.  Likely it will be more like their 3 game losing streak than 12 pt wins at home.

Back to my original point, Brett Brown is not a good coach.  This team isn't winning a championship with him as their head coach and this game did nothing to dissuade me off that position.

Let me explain it to you clearer since you don't seem to grasp basic logic. 

When shooting 50% from 3, Philly should be winning easily.  Let's see what they do if they aren't breaking team records for made 3's in a game.  Likely it will be more like their 3 game losing streak than 12 pt wins at home.

Back to my original point, Brett Brown is not a good coach.  This team isn't winning a championship with him as their head coach and this game did nothing to dissuade me off that position.
Take a breath man.  It's Christmas, don't let being wrong ruin your day.

as a knick fan, i’m still trying to figure out how ntilikina was drafted 8th overall.  i mean, was every scout simply wrong on this guy?  he has zero NBA skills in today’s day and age.  he can’t shoot and isn’t athletic to attack the rim or create for others.  i get that he is tall and waves his arms, but i think the modern day PG is a bit more than that.  no idea why the knicks picked up his option.  he might be a great 12 th man for a contender where he needs to play 5 minutes every 20 games or so, but him getting 25-30 minutes nightly says we simply don’t care to win.
My memory could be faulty but I don’t remember much scouting consensus in his abilities to justify where he was drafted. And the mocks etc seemed to focus more on the Knicks being very into him at that spot, not that he was deserving. His offensive limitations were well known at the time.

But he had a cool nickname...

Users who are viewing this thread