What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (4 Viewers)

LOL.  No human alive can officiate these guys with much precision.  Not only are they enormous and fast, they now constantly act to try and fool the refs.

These refs are better at officiating than you are or will be at anything in your life.  Trash?  You're trash.
Are you referring to the refs the mob are paying or the ones who are star struck?

AD and Lebron looked out of sync. I totally agree with Chuck's half time comment re AD not getting the ball close enough to the hoop. To many back a guy down then take a fall away shots IMO. Danny Green is gonna feast on that team, bummed I didn't take him in Fantasy :kicksrock:  
Daniel Richard Green Jr., born 6/22/87, NBabylon NY

St Mary's HS, UNCarolina, 46th pick by Cleveland Cavaliers in 2009 NBA draft

Favorite entertainer: Will Smith

Favorite TV show: Empire

Favorite song: 99 prolims

Favorite hobby: Regressing to the mean.

Lakers are going to be just fine. LeBron and AD will be enough to make top 3, imo. 

I don't think they'll match up well against Vucevic and Gordon, so I'll say their ceiling is a Finals appearance. 

What the heck happened to Dwight Howard?

The Lakers roster is garbage after the top 3, 4 guys. Turns out even a broken down Cousins would have been a big plus.
Dwight will be fine. He just got into some foul trouble and couldn't get into a groove. But your second line is spot on. Kuzma and Cousins completely changes things.

LOL.  No human alive can officiate these guys with much precision.  Not only are they enormous and fast, they now constantly act to try and fool the refs.

These refs are better at officiating than you are or will be at anything in your life.  Trash?  You're trash.
Uh oh, someone got triggered and snapped. :hot:
Take care of yourselves, fellas. Mental health is important.

Uh oh, someone got triggered and snapped. :hot:
Take care of yourselves, fellas. Mental health is important.
I've been officiating football and basketball for 10 years now.  Outside of golf, officiating basketball is the most difficult thing to do well that I've ever tried in my life.  Standing out there making calls is easy.  Being good at it is incredibly difficult and the NBA guys are the best.

Lakers are going to be just fine. LeBron and AD will be enough to make top 3, imo. 

I don't think they'll match up well against Vucevic and Gordon, so I'll say their ceiling is a Finals appearance. 
There was a lot of problems related to unfamiliarity for the Lakers last night, and I think some of that will get sorted out over the season. There's still not enough skill across the roster right now to think they could win a championship, but I expect they should be able to be a top 4 seed in the conference.

And the familiarity problem was not just for the guys on the team - I had trouble recognizing a lot of the guys they were putting out there. It took me forever to figure out #11 was Avery Bradley.

Great.  With this thread title, the Bulls are bound to lose against the Hornets tonight.   :kicksrock:
Defense looking great so far :lol:  37 points given up in 1st to the Hornets.

I'd like to think I follow the NBA pretty closely and I have no idea who a couple of these Hornets players are. 

In his first quarter with the Magic, Fultz goes 4/5 from the field, finds Bamba for a lob, leads the team with 8 points and a +6 +/-....

:unsure:  
I know. Imagine if somebody was smart enough to draft him and keep him on a rookie pay scale. 

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
Coby White is really impressive.

Non-stop energy. And he's certainly not shy about shooting :lol:  I don't think he'll ever be a PG and really wonder how he and LaVine will co-exist long term.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaylen Brown with a blatent flagrant 3 on Embiid  :wolf: . officiating is a hoot for both teams

Saw Garrett Temple brick a 3 and was briefly terrified that Allen Crabbe was still on this roster. Similar shooting form.

Gordon Heyward with his dominating 9 points yelling "and 1" after he gets fouled by Ennis is pretty cute

Watching this 76ers game on mute; it's so much better when you don't have to listen to Hubie Brown's goofy butt.

Mythise Thybulle is by far going to be one of the most enjoyable players to watch for years to come. Hopefully his offense can keep improving, but his defense is just filthy

Why is korkmaz playing over Zhaire Smith?
not exactly sure. i know Zaire Smith is still behind in development. to be honest some time in the G league would be best for him now that he seems to have built his body back up. i think he is 19 or so, so might be too raw.

though Korkmaz got more time then i ever thought he would

Well crap guess I need a new thread title. Had one about Zion being fat but the joe hammer already got me last week. 

25 shots, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks for Andrew Wiggins. -27 in 32 minutes thus far.

*from twitter 
I was coming in here to post this, though not from twitter.  From anger.

This ####er played 36 minutes and managed to pour in 21 huge points on 27 shots, while the zeros in assists, steals, and blocks held true.  But hey, he improved that +/- to a -26.  

PS - Okogie went +22 in 14 minutes, with 11 points on 5 shots, 3 boards, 3 assists, and a steal.  Man this organization is maddening.  Going to straight up waste KAT’s prime next to Andrew Wiggins.  

21 points, 8 rebounds (this might be a career high) and 1 turnover in a win. 
Get this garbage outta here.  You could score 21 if you took 27 shots, I’m convinced of that.  And while his 8 boards may have been a career high, the 1 turnover was in line with expectations as it occurred the one time he attempted to pass.  :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread