What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (3 Viewers)

Coby White looking excellent, so far, and what a great attitude.

He scored twenty-one points in the second half. A reporter asked him about the run he went on, and he responded, "We're a team. I didn't go on a run. The team went on a run."

Wow, this Cedi Osman deal might be the best of all the rookie extensions this year.

well, now that I think about it, it’s apples to oranges because he was not a first round pick.  Still a very nice deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Markelle Fultz just hit his first 3 of the year which is [checks notes]....one more than Ben Simmons has hit in his entire career. 

Miami is 2-0 with wins at home (Memphis) and on the road @ Milwaukee. Without Butler.  Fun to watch with Kendrick Nunn, who was stolen from the Warriors on the last day of the regular season, and Tyler Herro.

I completely understand wanting a better defensive guy on Trae Young. 

They still needed DJ out there on offense. This loss is on Clifford 

The Heat did everything in their power to derail an incredible second half comeback and OT win. If Justice Winslow could hit free throws.....game would have been over in regulation. Lord.

But a great road win for the Butlerless (birth of his child) Heat. Again....Kendrick Nunn has been a revelation and Tyler Herro....doing his thing already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nets are struggling to gel after adding a lot of new pieces. Or at least I hope that is what’s going on here. 

I do think they gave up on Fultz too fast. 

He looks really good. I’m surprised. 
Man, not sure how much beyond two years you can give a guy when there’s so much regression that he can’t even shoot a hitchless free throw.  He’s still young so there’s time for him to develop, but let’s not pretend he’s anything more than a middling bench option right now.  Dude shot 31% this preseason.  He’s got the profile to make a few splash plays if he’s getting 20+ minutes, but he’s still got a long ways to go.  And I’ll never criticize the Sixers for how this one played out.  There’s  been terrible top picks in the draft, but there’s never been a bigger train wreck than what Fultz was.  Glad to see that he’s at least on the right track.

Think people also forget that those #1 overall contracts aren't close to cheap. Sure it's a great value when you have a guy like Ben Simmons at $8MM for his final year but Fultz has a cap number of nearly $10MM this year and $12MM next. That's a lot to spend on someone who literally may have been unable to play.

Think people also forget that those #1 overall contracts aren't close to cheap. Sure it's a great value when you have a guy like Ben Simmons at $8MM for his final year but Fultz has a cap number of nearly $10MM this year and $12MM next. That's a lot to spend on someone who literally may have been unable to play.
well, like @SayWhat? mentioned he still seems to have a hitch in his shot, but he has skills in other areas that make him worth the contract. He can defend well, and has good court vision. Still is funny that the Sixers got Jonathan Simmons for him, but i do think a lot of people wish him the best. His other skills can continue to improve while his shot continues to work itself out.

Man, not sure how much beyond two years you can give a guy when there’s so much regression that he can’t even shoot a hitchless free throw.  He’s still young so there’s time for him to develop, but let’s not pretend he’s anything more than a middling bench option right now.  Dude shot 31% this preseason.  He’s got the profile to make a few splash plays if he’s getting 20+ minutes, but he’s still got a long ways to go.  And I’ll never criticize the Sixers for how this one played out.  There’s  been terrible top picks in the draft, but there’s never been a bigger train wreck than what Fultz was.  Glad to see that he’s at least on the right track.
You don’t know how much more time you can give a guy than 2 years? Lol 

He’s been more than a middling bench player so far. It’s super early but he’s been one of the best players on the court when he’s been out there. 

David Fizdale said that Frank Ntilikina will get some additional minutes in the rotation on Monday, with Dennis Smith Jr. (personal) unavailable.

DSJ was only averaging about 8.7 minutes per game, so while Ntilikina is less likely to pick up a DNP-CD tonight, he probably won't see enough floor time to make an impact in most leagues.
Poor guy. You know things are bad when they're chanting for Frank Ntilikina. No chance he's in NY much longer.

https://twitter.com/TheClemReport/status/1188267002399547398

Never been a fan of his at all but not his fault the front office gave up a franchise player for him......then struck out in FA and missed out on Zion (which they had all of 14% chance of getting.....you'd have thought 100% :lmao:  )

Read elsewhere that in NBA history, only two teenagers have put up a 19/15/5 stat line:  

Lebron James and NY Knick R.J. Barrett.   Who needs Zion? 

Read elsewhere that in NBA history, only two teenagers have put up a 19/15/5 stat line:  

Lebron James and NY Knick R.J. Barrett.   Who needs Zion? 
Garnett had some big games his rookie year.  Probably his best stat line was a 14/19/3/4 blk game.  His best game score was a 33/8/4/3 game.

update the bucks won last night ho hum take that to the bank bromigos
I was at the fiserv last night.  My take is that this will be a fun Bucks team this year, but they need another piece to make another serious run.  The Lopez bros are fun.  Lots of senior role players - Hill, Mathews, Korver, Bledsoe, Connaughton, Ilyasova.  I doubt whether Middleton is ready to be a real #2 guy on a championship team.  Its only been a couple games, but I am skeptical whether any of the young guys are ready - DiVincenzo, DJ Williams, Brown.

I was at the fiserv last night.  My take is that this will be a fun Bucks team this year, but they need another piece to make another serious run.  The Lopez bros are fun.  Lots of senior role players - Hill, Mathews, Korver, Bledsoe, Connaughton, Ilyasova.  I doubt whether Middleton is ready to be a real #2 guy on a championship team.  Its only been a couple games, but I am skeptical whether any of the young guys are ready - DiVincenzo, DJ Williams, Brown.
They're working in the 3 new vets - Matthews, R Lopez, and Korver to build chemistry. The 3 youngins - DiVincenzo, Brown, and Wilson will get more burn as the season goes on. If it turns out that everything just isn't clicking, they'll consolidate their ridiculous depth for a larger piece or two before the deadline. They have the pieces and the salary slots to put together just about any package they want. There will inevitably be vets on bad teams that ask out or bad teams looking to ship out high salaried vets throughout the season. Worry not.

In the meantime, the minutes are staying low for the key pieces and teams with no bench will rack up a lot of miles on their starters.

Dammit - I actually was kind of caring about the Hawks again and Trae Young looks to have injured his ankle badly.  The are ####### cursed.

Users who are viewing this thread