Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Capella

2019-20 NBA Thread: Cafe Du Monde forced to lay off 40% of staff after Zion returns to league

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Capella said:

Markelle Fultz just hit his first 3 of the year which is [checks notes]....one more than Ben Simmons has hit in his entire career. 

Um the Guangzhou long lions disagree

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

Harden with twenty-nine points on twenty-nine shots, with 2-18 on three pointers.

Wiggins-esque.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

so the suns have jevon carter and frank kaminsky in their rotation.

i see.

squirrelly little team they've got

Edited by mr. furley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Heat did everything in their power to derail an incredible second half comeback and OT win. If Justice Winslow could hit free throws.....game would have been over in regulation. Lord.

But a great road win for the Butlerless (birth of his child) Heat. Again....Kendrick Nunn has been a revelation and Tyler Herro....doing his thing already.

Edited by Todem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nets are struggling to gel after adding a lot of new pieces. Or at least I hope that is what’s going on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Battle of the only undefeated teams in the East tonight.  The winner is a lock for the 1 seed in the playoffs.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 8:10 PM, Capella said:

Markelle Fultz just hit his first 3 of the year which is [checks notes]....one more than Ben Simmons has hit in his entire career. 

I do think they gave up on Fultz too fast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I do think they gave up on Fultz too fast. 

He looks really good. I’m surprised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Capella said:

He looks really good. I’m surprised. 

It was all mental. Couldn't handle the pressure of being the #1 pick and the Philly expectations. Nice that he'll have a career now at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I do think they gave up on Fultz too fast. 

 

1 hour ago, Capella said:

He looks really good. I’m surprised. 

Man, not sure how much beyond two years you can give a guy when there’s so much regression that he can’t even shoot a hitchless free throw.  He’s still young so there’s time for him to develop, but let’s not pretend he’s anything more than a middling bench option right now.  Dude shot 31% this preseason.  He’s got the profile to make a few splash plays if he’s getting 20+ minutes, but he’s still got a long ways to go.  And I’ll never criticize the Sixers for how this one played out.  There’s  been terrible top picks in the draft, but there’s never been a bigger train wreck than what Fultz was.  Glad to see that he’s at least on the right track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think people also forget that those #1 overall contracts aren't close to cheap. Sure it's a great value when you have a guy like Ben Simmons at $8MM for his final year but Fultz has a cap number of nearly $10MM this year and $12MM next. That's a lot to spend on someone who literally may have been unable to play.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RUSF18 said:

Think people also forget that those #1 overall contracts aren't close to cheap. Sure it's a great value when you have a guy like Ben Simmons at $8MM for his final year but Fultz has a cap number of nearly $10MM this year and $12MM next. That's a lot to spend on someone who literally may have been unable to play.

well, like @SayWhat? mentioned he still seems to have a hitch in his shot, but he has skills in other areas that make him worth the contract. He can defend well, and has good court vision. Still is funny that the Sixers got Jonathan Simmons for him, but i do think a lot of people wish him the best. His other skills can continue to improve while his shot continues to work itself out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SayWhat? said:

 

Man, not sure how much beyond two years you can give a guy when there’s so much regression that he can’t even shoot a hitchless free throw.  He’s still young so there’s time for him to develop, but let’s not pretend he’s anything more than a middling bench option right now.  Dude shot 31% this preseason.  He’s got the profile to make a few splash plays if he’s getting 20+ minutes, but he’s still got a long ways to go.  And I’ll never criticize the Sixers for how this one played out.  There’s  been terrible top picks in the draft, but there’s never been a bigger train wreck than what Fultz was.  Glad to see that he’s at least on the right track.

You don’t know how much more time you can give a guy than 2 years? Lol 

 

He’s been more than a middling bench player so far. It’s super early but he’s been one of the best players on the court when he’s been out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

David Fizdale said that Frank Ntilikina will get some additional minutes in the rotation on Monday, with Dennis Smith Jr. (personal) unavailable.

DSJ was only averaging about 8.7 minutes per game, so while Ntilikina is less likely to pick up a DNP-CD tonight, he probably won't see enough floor time to make an impact in most leagues.


 

Poor guy. You know things are bad when they're chanting for Frank Ntilikina. No chance he's in NY much longer.

https://twitter.com/TheClemReport/status/1188267002399547398

Never been a fan of his at all but not his fault the front office gave up a franchise player for him......then struck out in FA and missed out on Zion (which they had all of 14% chance of getting.....you'd have thought 100% :lmao: )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read elsewhere that in NBA history, only two teenagers have put up a 19/15/5 stat line:  

Lebron James and NY Knick R.J. Barrett.   Who needs Zion? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kodycutter said:

Read elsewhere that in NBA history, only two teenagers have put up a 19/15/5 stat line:  

Lebron James and NY Knick R.J. Barrett.   Who needs Zion? 

Garnett had some big games his rookie year.  Probably his best stat line was a 14/19/3/4 blk game.  His best game score was a 33/8/4/3 game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

update the bucks won last night ho hum take that to the bank bromigos

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SWC said:

update the bucks won last night ho hum take that to the bank bromigos

I was at the fiserv last night.  My take is that this will be a fun Bucks team this year, but they need another piece to make another serious run.  The Lopez bros are fun.  Lots of senior role players - Hill, Mathews, Korver, Bledsoe, Connaughton, Ilyasova.  I doubt whether Middleton is ready to be a real #2 guy on a championship team.  Its only been a couple games, but I am skeptical whether any of the young guys are ready - DiVincenzo, DJ Williams, Brown.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jayrod said:

Garnett had some big games his rookie year.  Probably his best stat line was a 14/19/3/4 blk game.  His best game score was a 33/8/4/3 game.

Yeah, but he never had 19/15/5!  Historic! [/sarcasm]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SWC said:

update the bucks won last night ho hum take that to the bank bromigos

Which Lopez twin would you rather have a beer with?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kodycutter said:

Read elsewhere that in NBA history, only two teenagers have put up a 19/15/5 stat line:  

Lebron James and NY Knick R.J. Barrett.   Who needs Zion? 

CHAMPIONSHIP!(tm)  The only thing scarier than RJ’s talent is Portis’s bug eyes!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CletiusMaximus said:

I was at the fiserv last night.  My take is that this will be a fun Bucks team this year, but they need another piece to make another serious run.  The Lopez bros are fun.  Lots of senior role players - Hill, Mathews, Korver, Bledsoe, Connaughton, Ilyasova.  I doubt whether Middleton is ready to be a real #2 guy on a championship team.  Its only been a couple games, but I am skeptical whether any of the young guys are ready - DiVincenzo, DJ Williams, Brown.

They're working in the 3 new vets - Matthews, R Lopez, and Korver to build chemistry. The 3 youngins - DiVincenzo, Brown, and Wilson will get more burn as the season goes on. If it turns out that everything just isn't clicking, they'll consolidate their ridiculous depth for a larger piece or two before the deadline. They have the pieces and the salary slots to put together just about any package they want. There will inevitably be vets on bad teams that ask out or bad teams looking to ship out high salaried vets throughout the season. Worry not.

In the meantime, the minutes are staying low for the key pieces and teams with no bench will rack up a lot of miles on their starters.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

Which Lopez twin would you rather have a beer with?

splash mountain all the way the long hair caveman is clearly trying too hard take that to the bank bromigo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game 3, season 1 of Kyrie’s 4-year contract in Brooklyn. CBS Sports is reporting that the Nets’ FO is concerned about his mood swings. :lmao:

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dammit - I actually was kind of caring about the Hawks again and Trae Young looks to have injured his ankle badly.  The are ####### cursed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Dammit - I actually was kind of caring about the Hawks again and Trae Young looks to have injured his ankle badly.  The are ####### cursed.

i don't know, it looked like just a bad sprain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lakers' interior passing is horrendous. Rondo can't return soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grizzlies are getting screwed so hard by the refs tonight. Lakers getting away with murder all night long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EYLive said:

Lakers' interior passing is horrendous. Rondo can't return soon enough.

Rondo isn't the answer.  His defense more than negates any playmaking he brings.

9 minutes ago, EYLive said:

Grizzlies are getting screwed so hard by the refs tonight. Lakers getting away with murder all night long.

Bad whistle but they also can't stay in front of Anthony Davis.  He has 40 pts 20 reb...at the end of the 3rd.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pipes said:

Damn Herro having himself a game tonight.

Kendrick Nunn too. The Heat have 2 rookies who can shoot, create their own  shot and pass. Bam has improved. Dragic is great coming off the bench. This looks like a playoff team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol, I got the latest NBA 2K on a special deal and i guess they had Lebron be a part of making the my career stuff. Funny stuff hearing him talk about how it isn't just about being an NBA player but a leader to stand up for those unfortunate people out there. 

So glad they kept it in the game. F'n hypocrite is some funny stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, trader jake said:

Rondo isn't the answer.  His defense more than negates any playmaking he brings.

Rondo is better than throwing the ball off your teammate's face twice a quarter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

i don't know, it looked like just a bad sprain.

I had actually switched to the WS and my buddy texted me thinking he was down for year.  Really happy the x-rays were negative - he had started the year great.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EYLive said:

Lakers' interior passing is horrendous. Rondo can't return soon enough.

true because the one thing that compliments crappy interior passing is having a guy start fights in the locker room and miss open jumpers so i am with you take that to the bank bromigo

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NutterButter said:

If there's a better example of balanced scoring, I'm not aware of it.   That's pretty crazy point distribution by the mavs.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401160695

that's some workin it around. with that being my favorite way and the two franchises most known for it - Celts & Dubs - doing very little of it anymore, maybe i'll switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Pelicans are looking horrendous in comparison with the Saints (they'll ALWAYS be compared to the Saints).

So much excitement after getting the #1 pick, and then Zion coming to town with a slew of young players (plus Reddick). Gayle Benson put up "Won't Bow Down" billboards all over town.

And now ... "Won't Bow Down" looks pretty danged hollow when the team is getting boat-raced every night. Half the team is hurt -- again. Alvin Gentry is apparently made of Teflon. And the Pelicans look like a 65-loss team.

So ... Zion will be several years of playing 30 games or so a season, perpetual knee injuries, and then he'll sign go elsewhere? That's what's coming ... again?

Sorry -- we compare to football. Four games is a quarter of a season ... errr, close enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.