Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Capella

2019-20 NBA Thread: Cafe Du Monde forced to lay off 40% of staff after Zion returns to league

26 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

Former NBA player Jim Farmer arrested in sex sting involving underage teens

Played at Alabama. Drafted by the Mavericks in '87, bounced around for a few years.

Everyone should have known just looking at that picture.

4 hours ago, Insein said:

Joel went in on KAT

NSFW language

KAT clearly didn’t know that “I aint no #####” is an inside Sixers joke now because of Mike Scott so his dumb ### went and talked on social media just to get DRAGGED by Embiid. Love Embiid. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 10/28/2019 at 3:00 PM, Capella said:

You don’t know how much more time you can give a guy than 2 years? Lol 

He’s been more than a middling bench player so far. It’s super early but he’s been one of the best players on the court when he’s been out there. 

Dude was a colossal train wreck, the likes of which had never in the history of the NBA been seen before.  Yeah, unless the Sixers were complicit in Fultz, quite literally, forgetting how to shoot a basketball then I’m going to give them a pass for “giving up on him.”

And we’ll agree to disagree on him being one of the best players on the court thus far this year.

• Like 1

Buzz City undefeated on Wednesdays. 3J livin life. :cool: 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kraft... said:

So I've watched 2 Charlotte games do far(I know, why would I put myself through that. They just happened to be televised here.) Rozier has not looked good AT ALL, definitely seeing less of the 2018 Scary Terry and more of the gross 2019 Terry. Not that a lot of peopled loved it but that contract could end up being even more turrible than expected :oldunsure:

Terry the Tank Commander

Bad contract considering how D Graham has looked. Could have rolled with Graham as the starter, signed a cheap backup, and not committed to 3 years at that price. But, this is MJ we are talking about, so. :shrug: 

8 hours ago, Major said:

Yeah, I'm disappointed I missed this game.  Cant believe those scores in regulation. 

3rd highest regulation game evah

9 hours ago, caustic said:

That was a draft day trade I think. Dealt pick 27 to LAC for the Philly pick.

oh right, the kabengele deal (or whatever that FSU dude's name is).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thecatch said:

Thought it was interesting that Woj said on his pod today that he didn’t think the Warriors had any chance at the playoffs this year. But then he turned around and said he thought the Kings would still compete for a spot even after their start, so he’s clearly delusional. 

8 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Kings at 0-5. 

Dedmon (who is in Year 1 of a 3/40 deal) has already been passed by Richaun Holmes (2yr/10m) in the middle.

------------------

Broken left hand for Curry.

Was going to say that any Steph Curry team certainly has a chance at the playoffs but...

the general fragility of that team definitely made me take the under.

they should just shut down draymond and use the whole season as a Rio Grande like experiment.

2 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

KAT clearly didn’t know that “I aint no #####” is an inside Sixers joke now because of Mike Scott so his dumb ### went and talked on social media just to get DRAGGED by Embiid. Love Embiid. 

holy lord.  lmao.

9 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Kings at 0-5. 

Dedmon (who is in Year 1 of a 3/40 deal) has already been passed by Richaun Holmes (2yr/10m) in the middle.

In my decades of being a Kings fan this is by far the most disappointing start ever. Apart from Holmes, who has been fantastic, every other player has been substantially worse than they were last year and Luke Walton clearly has no idea what he’s doing. They bear zero resemblance to the team that took the court last year. Even Fox is playing like a guy who is either exhausted or spent all offseason reading his own press. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Long Ball Larry said:

oh right, the kabengele deal (or whatever that FSU dude's name is).

you will know that name well before all is said & done. he'll be a solid pro for years once they work him in. if the Celtics had him, he'd be getting 20+ mins a game already

26 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Sorry if posted already. Bulls coach has his players punching in and out on a time clock. Yes, an actual punch clock. Painted red.

Lol. 

so good

https://www.cbssports.com/g00/nba/news/bulls-coach-jim-boylen-installs-old-school-punch-clock-to-keep-track-of-players-hours/?i10c.ua=1&i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8%3d&i10c.dv=2

12 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

Bulls are terrible.  I have no idea what @Long Ball Larry was thinking.

29 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Sorry if posted already. Bulls coach has his players punching in and out on a time clock. Yes, an actual punch clock. Painted red.

Lol. 

i clearly underestimated the jim boylan factor.

10 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

i clearly underestimated the jim boylan factor.

I guess the time clock is supposed to be some quirky motivational thing.  Who knows?  I won't defend it.  Surprised that got past the leadership committee.

Edited by Juxtatarot
  • Laughing 2

So Matheise Thybulle leads the league in steals and deflections. I listen to 2 NBA podcasts who list 7-8 potential rookie of the year applicants, and not one mention of Thybulle.

I get the ESPN generation is all dunks and high scores, but can we really justify not even considering Thybulle as ROY if he leads the entire league in a few categories?

45 minutes ago, modogg said:

So Matheise Thybulle leads the league in steals and deflections. I listen to 2 NBA podcasts who list 7-8 potential rookie of the year applicants, and not one mention of Thybulle.

I get the ESPN generation is all dunks and high scores, but can we really justify not even considering Thybulle as ROY if he leads the entire league in a few categories?

Let him just play man. ROtY is always about points and offensive presence. Thybulle is contributing mostly on defense right now which is awesome to see. Unless he starts averaging 15-20 a game to go with it though, he ain't winning.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, modogg said:

yeah, but they probably know how to spell his name.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

yeah, but they probably know how to spell his name.

i got Thybulle down fine. Give it another month before i get the 1st name. Must have been a real pain in the ### in elementary school either misspelling his name or teachers mis-pronouncing it

11 hours ago, thecatch said:

Luke Walton clearly has no idea what he’s doing. 

Overall Walton seems like a very solid top assistant, but the jury is definitely still out on him as a head coach.  His rotations can be baffling at times.

6 hours ago, modogg said:

I listen to 2 NBA podcasts who list 7-8 potential rookie of the year applicants, and not one mention of Thybulle.

You need to find more/better podcasts then.  Thybulle was heavily discussed as a rookie to watch.  ??  He was often listed as one of the best defenders to enter the draft.  I don't believe anybody was or is sleeping on him (besides maybe ESPN, couldn't say either way there).

Jimmy Butler scored 5 points against the Hawks but had a +/- of +21

Herro, Nunn, Butler, etc....Heat got some players boys

23 hours ago, kodycutter said:

Is this for real?   Its 153-152 Rockets over Wizards with a minute left in regulation?

This may seem like a hot take, but tonight Jimmy Butler was almost as impressive as James Hardin was last night.  Jimmy G Buckets had 5 points to Hardin's 59.

:lmao: Jaxson Hayes.....welcome to playing against men down low.

Guy has zero shot against Jokic. Maybe in a couple years kid. 

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

1 hour ago, flranger said:

Jimmy Butler scored 5 points against the Hawks but had a +/- of +21

Herro, Nunn, Butler, etc....Heat got some players boys

Butler did have 9 rebounds, 11 assists and 6 steals.

The real story is rookies Kendrick Nunn and Tyler Herro who have combined for 194 points this season. The only pair of rookie teammates with more points through the team's first 5 games of a season were Wilt Chamberlain and Joe Ruklick in 1959. Wilt accounted for 182 of the duo's 196 points. @EliasSports

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1190091402929147904

• Like 1

Why are all these fans so excited about a ##### slapping comp by KAT and Joel. KAT suckered him in a mile away you could see it. Embiid needs to control his emotions better. You could see Horford was more upset with Embiid than anything. I think one of the big reasons he was brought in was to help get Embiid to Mature. 

Embiid doing all this talking yet is either injured or MIA during the playoffs. Dude you've missed almost 2 1/2 seasons of your 5 yr career. You haven't done #### yet and if it wasn't for Butler your team would've been one and done vs the Nets 

Also such a ##### move by Simmons with the choke hold. He's lucky he wasn't fined or suspended. Back in the 90s next time he drives to the lane he'd have been getting a nice clothes line. But that's typical of a lot of NBA players today. A bunch of softies. That was barely a brawl Wednesday night. That was like in hockey where the two teams huddle around the goalie and you have guys just hugging each other. At worse the two guys are thrown in the box for instigating or roughing. Someone bring Artest in to show these clowns how to fight. 

This is a fight in the NBA

This was definitely a fight

Bad Boy Pistons and Bulls fighting

Pitcher Kyle Farnsworth shows the basics and good form of a take down and ground a pound

These are fights. That was just two Gus hugging it out 

• Laughing 2

14 hours ago, trader jake said:

Overall Walton seems like a very solid top assistant, but the jury is definitely still out on him as a head coach.  His rotations can be baffling at times.

I’d say the jury has returned a verdict on Walton. 

4 hours ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Gotta love this NBA schtick - have a turnover

I've noticed this too and it's fantastic. Guys need to just start jumping out if the way to give the other guy the TO still.

37 minutes ago, Insein said:

I've noticed this too and it's fantastic. Guys need to just start jumping out if the way to give the other guy the TO still.

I don't think a shot-clock violation actually counts as an individual turnover, but its a game the players like to play anyway.  

18 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

I don't think a shot-clock violation actually counts as an individual turnover, but its a game the players like to play anyway.  

That's even better! :lmao:

• Like 1

Good god Harden just looks off.  He just looks slower and he's not getting a lot of lift on his shots.  It's certainly not deterring him from shooting though.  I can't tell if he's not in peak shape or if there is something more.  

2 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Wow.

cole Anthony come on down.  Nets can say bye bye to that pick.

Yup, A lot of D league basketball going to be played at NBA prices this year in the bay area.

Haven’t watched NBA in 10+ years but tuning in tonight. First time seeing Doncic. Kid is good. Triple double already and still in the 3rd. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

Good god Harden just looks off.  He just looks slower and he's not getting a lot of lift on his shots.  It's certainly not deterring him from shooting though.  I can't tell if he's not in peak shape or if there is something more.  

Same thing happened last year....then he went sicko mode

• Like 1

I don't like that the Mavs training staff seemed to allow Luka to play with what looks to be an obvious concussion 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, East Coast Bias said:

OT. Dallas won’t win without Luka. Curious to see if he plays.

14 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

I don't like that the Mavs training staff seemed to allow Luka to play with what looks to be an obvious concussion 

Concussions haven't hit the NBA yet....they only hold him out if he spouts off against China

• Like 1

So Luka snaps his head back to flop, doesn't get the call, catches Howard's chin, cuts his head open (w/ a likely concussion), and the announcers keep saying HE TOOK A SHOT IN THE HEAD? GTFO.

• Thanks 2