What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (5 Viewers)

i hope your constant beating on Simmons doesn't come back in Karmatic fashion to bite you on Fultz. Glad the kid is settling into the NBA, and i don't think it could have happened in Philadelphia. Putting him in a small market where the fan base is more patient i think helped him to come back at his own pace. Was a solid by the Sixers to send Fultz there
Lol man I like the magic but if the only karmic beatings I take in life are them going 30-52 every year sign me up for that. They’re pretty far down on the list of things I am passionate about. 

Lol man I like the magic but if the only karmic beatings I take in life are them going 30-52 every year sign me up for that. They’re pretty far down on the list of things I am passionate about. 
30-52 has been a rough pattern, but if i had to pick a 1st round opponent for the Sixers the Magic is likely last 2-3 teams i would choose. No idea what kind of voodoo they have over the Sixers, but that series would be much closer to 50-50 then most would consider

modogg said:
30-52 has been a rough pattern, but if i had to pick a 1st round opponent for the Sixers the Magic is likely last 2-3 teams i would choose. No idea what kind of voodoo they have over the Sixers, but that series would be much closer to 50-50 then most would consider
Don't worry about it, 76ers are in bottom half as well.   They have bigger problems than a matchup with Orlando.

The Minnesota Timberwolves have traded point guard Jeff Teague and shooting guard Treveon Graham to the Atlanta Hawks for small forward Allen Crabbe, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reports.

The trade provides the Hawks with a veteran backup to second-year point guard Trae Young. And according to The Athletic’s Shams Charania, it signifies amplification of Minnesota’s pursuit of Golden State Warriors guard D’Angelo Russell.

Report: T’Wolves want D’Angelo Russell

Minnesota has long coveted Russell, according to Charania. The All-Star point guard is friends with Karl-Anthony Towns and would provide a legitimate No. 2 alongside the All-NBA center. Shipping Teague and Graham to Atlanta frees up a roster spot and creates a need in the backcourt.

Per Charania:

The Wolves have long been intrigued by Russell, dating back to their courtship of him this summer before he signed a max deal with the Warriors. Russell and Karl-Anthony Towns are close friends, and the point guard would give the team a shooter and playmaker at that position that they have sorely lacked.

But, according to the report, discussions with the Warriors have “yielded no traction” as Golden State has displayed little interest in moving Russell.

Brandon Ingram is so fun to watch offensively.

What a crazy end of regulation. Ingram hits what everyone thinks is the game winner. Leaves 0.2 seconds left with Pellies up 1. Jaxson Hayes called for a foul on the inbounds :lmao:  and sent Gobert to the line. Hits only 1 of 2 to go to OT.

Was a hell of an offensive duel between Mitchell and Ingram. Both over 40 at the end of regulation. Ingram finished with 49 and Mitchell with 46. Pellies won in OT.

Is it just me—or does Jokic look considerably heavier this year?  I’m watching this Warriors vs Nuggets game and he just looks slower and chunkier than I remember him looking last season.  

Is it just me—or does Jokic look considerably heavier this year?  I’m watching this Warriors vs Nuggets game and he just looks slower and chunkier than I remember him looking last season.  
I haven't seen Jokic play much this year but I'm pretty sure I remember Zach Lowe writing about him looking out of shape earlier in the season.

i would rather watch Matisse Thybulle than a guy like Ingram, Booker, or even Harden, any day. Dude is just so much fun to watch, but he doesn't take 30 shots a game so most NBA fans would never like him

Last edited by a moderator:
The Spurs are now responsible for 20% of the Hawks' wins this season. You're welcome Atlanta.

I didn't expect the Spurs to be great this season or anything but... oof.

these grizzlies sure are frisky
I said it a year ago and I will keep saying, give me Ja over Zion. I have been telling mfers about him. 

Pistons up by 9 over Boston after 3 thanks to ... 20 points so far from Air France. 

The future is here.
This is the time where every season I post about maybe there's some positive signs for the Pistons and then I have to ghost the thread. The Pistons have a long way to go. I do, however, believe in Dr. Doum. 

Blazers dump salary to Kings.

Kings get: Kent Bazemore, Anthony Tolliver, 2 2nd-round picks

Blazers get: Trevor Ariza, Wenyen Gabriel, Caleb Swanigan, 2 trade exceptions

Blazers dump salary to Kings.

Kings get: Kent Bazemore, Anthony Tolliver, 2 2nd-round picks

Blazers get: Trevor Ariza, Wenyen Gabriel, Caleb Swanigan, 2 trade exceptions
That is kind of weird. Are the blazers giving up?  Tolliver and bazemore seemed useful for them.

maybe not giving up, but I guess they were being realistic about the marginal value of those guys relative to the tax.

Royce O’Neal extension quite nice for the jazz.

just barely more than cedi is an got but Royce is a much better piece.

seems significantly less than he would have gotten as a fa given this year’s class, but i guess it’s too much guaranteed cash to pass up for a guy who’s made nothing.

That is kind of weird. Are the blazers giving up?  Tolliver and bazemore seemed useful for them.

maybe not giving up, but I guess they were being realistic about the marginal value of those guys relative to the tax.
Bazemore has been pretty horrific this year, even in a down season Ariza should be an upgrade for them.

But yeah this is probably more about them saving money than anything.

That Rockets 4th Quarter was pathetic.  I thought only Bill O'Brien could blow a lead like that (up 15 points with 7 minutes left).   Becoming more apparent that Westbrook and Harden aren't the answer.  If they keep sliding, could be an early exit for D'Antoni.  

Dwight Powell 's right Achilles snapped on a non-contact play versus the Clippers. The slo-motion video of his sock rippling as his heel pops... 🤢

Amare Stoudamire signs with Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Pretty amazing how closely his career mirrors with a player that drew many Amare comparisons pre-draft in Blake Griffin. Both All-NBA/All-Star types whose NBA careers fell off a cliff at 30.

Zion debuting tonight at home vs Spurs.

Any NBA observers still thinking Williamson will never really shake off body-type related knee trouble? Not challenging anyone ... just wondering what the conventional wisdom on Zion’s prospects are now.

i don't get how this Toronto team has so many wins. The Siachim magic has seemed to fade, and outside of Van Fleet there isn't a whole lot else there. Lowry still can flop like a champ, and beyond all reason, refs still love to reward it, but there really isn't much there

i don't get how this Toronto team has so many wins. The Siachim magic has seemed to fade, and outside of Van Fleet there isn't a whole lot else there. Lowry still can flop like a champ, and beyond all reason, refs still love to reward it, but there really isn't much there
Nurse >>>>>> Brown

Dude single handedly brought them back from being down double digits.  Gentry kept sending subs to the table then bringing them back.  Apparently someone was putting a lot of pressure on to get Zion out of the game as he was exceeding his minutes allotment. 

Zion Williamson is the first rookie to score 17 points in a quarter in their #NBA  debut since Jake Layman (17 points, 4th quarter, 11/1/16).
It's a shame they took him out so early.   I get slowly working him back but if the kid is in the zone and the only reason you're in the game, let him continue.  

It's a shame they took him out so early.   I get slowly working him back but if the kid is in the zone and the only reason you're in the game, let him continue.  
I'll never understand modern pro sports load management. Zion had already sat out three months for what was initially billed a 6-8 week recovery. He has been practicing for over a month, and full-practicing for at least two weeks. So at this point ... is there really a medically-discernible risk difference between playing 18 minutes and playing, say, 22 minutes?

Really, doc? Really? I don't believe it. I just don't.

Absolutely shuked by the new thread title. Usually, I get the joke right away, but not this one. Being a local doesn't help.

Now that he's playing he has less time to eat and more pressure from everyone ...
From that I can segue into the question:

Will Zion Williamson ever be the kind of player that can average 30-35 minutes a night over 78-82 games year in and year out? Or do modern load-management strategies preclude that kind of usage?

From that I can segue into the question:

Will Zion Williamson ever be the kind of player that can average 30-35 minutes a night over 78-82 games year in and year out? Or do modern load-management strategies preclude that kind of usage?
I think the big question isn't about load management, but more about his joints and limbs standing up to that constant beating.   The size of that man combined with the force/torque/explosive movements he puts on his body is something we haven't really seen before.   The concern is that he doesn't seem to be the type of person to be locked into his body and health and eventually that will catch up to him.   We all hope it doesn't happen sooner than later.

You're overthinking it.   Now that he's playing he has less time to eat and more pressure from everyone (as a major face of the NBA) to not look like Notorious B.I.G.
crazy how he went from 6'9" and 275 in college to 6'6" and 310 in the pros

Users who are viewing this thread