Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Capella

2019-20 NBA Thread: Frenchman leads way in surrendering of NBA season

1 minute ago, wikkidpissah said:

still wish the Celts saw what i see in Vonleh. bargain-basement Horford, willing to do whatever aint being done and enough skillz to have been a top ten pick coming out of Indiana. local boy, too - dont have too many New Englanders in the NBA

Feel like Vonleh has already suited up for half of the NBA teams and he's, what, 24?  He used to start for Portland.  Odd league, this.

5 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Feel like Vonleh has already suited up for half of the NBA teams and he's, what, 24?  He used to start for Portland.  Odd league, this.

He didn't really put it together til he was with the Knicks and neither they nor the Wolves are in the business of understanding good basketball. A 4 who can handle the 5, switches, and treys, just like Horford.

• Like 1

I hope the Wiz stay pat.  Hearing trade rumors and I have no idea why.  Mahinmi's $15M contract will expire.  CJ Miles at $8.7M comes off the books. Get IT out of town.

Pay $14-15M to keep Bertans.  That leaves about $24M of cap space to find a rim protector at C and sign other crap.

So starters would be Wall, Beal, Rui, Bertans, and a defensive minder C.  That's a team I can live with.  Ish Smith, Bryant, and Wagner first off the bench.  Brown, Bonga, and Schofield deeper on the bench. 

The key is finding a FA center that can play with these guys.  Nobody consistently protects the basket on this team so everyone has to help, leaving  them vulnerable to the 3 ball.

Hey, it's not going to win a championship, but it's a decent playoff lineup.

1 hour ago, Brunell4MVP said:

I hope the Wiz stay pat.  Hearing trade rumors and I have no idea why.  Mahinmi's $15M contract will expire.  CJ Miles at $8.7M comes off the books. Get IT out of town.

Pay $14-15M to keep Bertans.  That leaves about $24M of cap space to find a rim protector at C and sign other crap.

So starters would be Wall, Beal, Rui, Bertans, and a defensive minder C.  That's a team I can live with.  Ish Smith, Bryant, and Wagner first off the bench.  Brown, Bonga, and Schofield deeper on the bench. 

The key is finding a FA center that can play with these guys.  Nobody consistently protects the basket on this team so everyone has to help, leaving  them vulnerable to the 3 ball.

Hey, it's not going to win a championship, but it's a decent playoff lineup.

I think that your cap figures are off.  They will be paying Beal and Wall alone $70 million.

Then Bryant, Smith, Rui, Admiral, Brown, and Moritz about $26 million.  Then incomplete roster charges get them up around $99.

That leaves $15-$16 million in total before Bertans (whose $14 million cap hold would eat up the whole thing anyway).

2 hours ago, wikkidpissah said:

He didn't really put it together til he was with the Knicks and neither they nor the Wolves are in the business of understanding good basketball. A 4 who can handle the 5, switches, and treys, just like Horford.

I've loved his development at stretches for the Knicks.... then he disappears. ...so weird, but you explain the organizations' ineptness well

• Like 1

all i know is, if Wingstop doesn't do a massive tie-in with the Houston Rockets, they're missing a huge opportunity

6 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

The Indiana picks are fairly solid.  They could do a deal for Marcus Morris and that would be pretty good.

Ersan, DJ Wilson, Sterling Brown get within range.

Getting Sterling Brown and his restricted rights this off-season will have some value out there.

@TheSteinLine

The Warriors are expected to hold Glenn Robinson III and Alec Burks out of tonight's game in Brooklyn in anticipation of trading one or both before Thursday's 3 PM ET deadline

Memphis is finalizing a deal to send Andre Iguodala to Miami, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.

Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com adds that Iggy has agreed to a two-year, $30 million extension with the Heat, which is big news given all the talk of how Iguodala could go back to the Warriors next year. If Iguodala is anywhere close to his peak from last year, the Heat now have one of the best perimeter defenses in the league with Iggy playing plenty of three and four. His arrival will eventually cut into Kelly Olynyk, Derrick Jones Jr. Tyler Herro and essentially the entire rotation after Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo. Iguodala is only worth an add in deep leagues.

Damn.

Big financial commitment for a guy's age 37 and 38 seasons. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Damn.

That is wild, but I guess they figure they are pot committed with butler.

i guess Miami probably the next best thing for him if not in la or sf

3 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Damn.

2nd year is a team option

• Like 1

Talks between the Suns and Pistons regarding a potential Luke Kennard deal have hit an impasse, according to sources of Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.

The two sides have been unable to agree on the protections of the first-round pick Phoenix was willing to send to Detroit, so for now, it appears that Kennard will be remaining with the Pistons. He was spotted getting up some shots at Wednesday's shootaround, but we won't see him take the floor again until after the All-Star break.

Not surprising as it's what I was most interested but questioned if this would be roadblock given James Jones's penchant for wanting guys that can produce now over draft picks. Fact remains the night this story broke, they were blown out by the Kyrie-less Nets, 12th in the West, and getting handled by the Pistons tonight.

Don't mind that mindset at all (though Saric predictably flopped) but you have to highly protect the pick given the new lotto system, even in a down 2020 draft. Love the fit but they'd only have 1 year of his rookie deal left.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

10 hours ago, Kev4029 said:

I'm hoping this is a piece of a bigger deal for them. If not, they should have just held on to the two of them. Napier and Vonleh aren't going to help down the stretch.

I am too. I know the Nugs have just been bit by the injury bug right now, but I was concerned going into this year, that expectations were too high for this team. I think they need to go after Holiday after this trade. If Miami is indeed going after Iggy, then that will take them out of the Holiday sweepstakes, so maybe that favors Denver. 

23 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Justice Winslow going back to memphis

oh wow

11 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

if the heat can parlay this into gallo too then ####### gosh darnit

Will be interesting if it happens. 

And whether it involves Chris Paul. Heat have the salaries/players to make it work while not messing with their core and it'll give the Thunder more future salary relief.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

Adrian Wojnarowski

Sacrameto is trading Dewayne Dedmon to Atlanta for Jabari Parker and Alex Len, sources tell

@ZachLowe_NBA and me. Atlanta also gets two second round picks.

wow, SAC really sick of Dedmon

• Like 1

Awesome, now the Kings can pair future Jabari Parker (Bagley) with the actual Jabari Parker. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Actually kind of a decent move. Dedmon has been both awful and a malcontent, and they’re saving a bunch of money at the cost of two very late and worthless seconds. 

20 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

They grossly overpaid him. Just a AWFUL gauge of the market. Great deal by them to get out of it and grant his wish.

Holmes (2years/$10 mil) also ran circles around him so he really didn't have a leg to stand on.

Jabari's actually been solid this year when gotten PT (during Collins's suspension) when he's rightfully been playing upfront instead of laughably being tried at the 3 last year. I'd rather have the younger/cheaper/better option with Parker. He can have value as a backup 4/5 and shown he can play well as starter when called upon.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1

I'm just shocked that Denver is in this game at all against the jazz with seven players; not to mention Gary Harris going 0-infinity.

Edited by rascal

A major motivation for the Kings' trade with Atlanta is re-signing Bogdan Bogdanovic ... and league sources say Sacramento is indeed optimistic it has established the needed financial flexibility to match any offer sheet for the RFA-to-be and keep Bogdanovic in Sactown

Miami, Memphis and Oklahoma City are working on an elaborate three-team deal that would land the Heat both Andre Iguodala and Danilo Gallinari, league sources tell ESPN. Talks are ongoing and could extend into Thursday, sources said.

I'm glad you guys are happy about the Heat trade. Remember when Herro told Landry Shamet he couldn't guard him? Landry shoved both of his testes in Tyler's mouth tonight.

Edited by EYLive
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

On 2/4/2020 at 11:26 PM, strykerpks said:

You guys are smarter than me. Bucks don't have any type of contracts nor the draft capital to trade. They are what they are at this point right? I mean, on pace for 70 wins is okish. And despite your own insecurities, Middleton is a solid #2. I just want @SWC to tell me it will all be ok.

brohans it is going to be aok they are a good team and people dont realize that the best trade of the offseason was dontay divenzo being healthy take that to the bank

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sixers grabbed Burks and robinson III, but I hope they go something bigger soon. Sixers should think of trading Embiid for KAT and pieces 

Golden State has agreed to trade D'Angelo Russell to Minnesota for a deal that includes Andrew Wiggins, a 2021 protected first-round pick and a 2022 second-round pick, league sources tell ESPN. Warriors will send Jacob Evans and Omari Spellman to Timberwolves too.

WOW

Can't believe GS did this. Unbelievable.

Added:

Timberwolves 2021 pick protected to No. 3, and becomes unprotected in 2022, per sources. Minnesota kept pushing for Russell, who it has wanted since summer free agency and finally got the point guard Gerssson Rosas imagined pairing with KAT.

Still can't believe they took on Wiggins.

Minnesota will still be bad with Russell so understand GS's optimism with a future MN pick.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

The Rockets are going to hurt so bad without Clint. Now they have nobody to rebound or finish Harden's lobs. D'antoni and Morrey are going scorched earth on that roster then bailing.

@wojespn

Houston has traded Jordan Bell to Memphis for Bruno Caboclo, source tells ESPN. Teams exchange second-round picks too.

"The next Durant"

11 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

WOW

Can't believe GS did this. Unbelievable.

Added:

Still can't believe they took on Wiggins.

Minnesota will still be bad with Russell so understand GS's optimism with a future MN pick.

I think I like this move for GS.  Wiggins at least balances out the lineup a little bit, and they get another high first which they can probably flip for a nice win-now piece next year when everyone is healthy. Russell might be the most overrated player in the league.

• Like 1

Oh my God, somebody actually took Wiggin's off our hands.  :lmao::pickle::hophead::hifive::headbang::bye::thanks::bowtie::wub::lmao:

I hope the pick conveys in 2021.  A #4 pick or later doesn't matter, because the Wolves suck at drafting anyways.  And if it's top 3, I'm not worried about the 2022 pick being as bad. 

For full disclosure, I hate the KAT/Russell pairing.  Pretty tough to find two superstars (or borderline for Russell) who suck as badly as these two do on defense.  But I could give two ####s since Wiggins is an absolute clown show.  Party time Wolves fans!!

• Like 3

Wiggins should be a better fit than D'Angelo once Klay and Steph return. Both he and D'Angelo make similar $, for the same time frame.

I like it for GS, especially if they can get Wiggins to buy in from a defensive standpoint.  

5 minutes ago, tommyGunZ said:

Wiggins should be a better fit than D'Angelo once Klay and Steph return. Both he and D'Angelo make similar $, for the same time frame.

I like it for GS, especially if they can get Wiggins to buy in from a defensive standpoint.  

:spitsoutcoffee: 

It doesn't matter how bad of a fit Russell was, I honestly can't believe any team would take on Wiggins for four more years at $30MM per year.  Lunacy.  He's terrible at basketball.  Have fun! 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Oh my God, somebody actually took Wiggin's off our hands.  :lmao::pickle::hophead::hifive::headbang::bye::thanks::bowtie::wub::lmao:

I hope the pick conveys in 2021.  A #4 pick or later doesn't matter, because the Wolves suck at drafting anyways.  And if it's top 3, I'm not worried about the 2022 pick being as bad. 

For full disclosure, I hate the KAT/Russell pairing.  Pretty tough to find two superstars (or borderline for Russell) who suck as badly as these two do on defense.  But I could give two ####s since Wiggins is an absolute clown show.  Party time Wolves fans!!

:lol: STUNNED someone finally took on his albatross of a deal. 

Warriors take on a worse shooter, can't create for anyone but himself, and mediocre defender. Where do I sign up? I'm sure Wiggins will be a huge catch & shoot upgrade with Klay/Curry..... JFC. All the best :lol: 

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

hooray for you guys. the good one of the Ringer writers kept saying that the Dubs actually wanted Wiggy for DAR and i'm glad that was so because no team could bear up under THREE guys who understand winning as badly as KAT, Wiggy & DAR do. The floor will be spaced better for KAT now & their cap sitch is almost reasonable next yr. And the Dubs are more likely to be able to say "dont frikkin do that" to Wiggy, so it might work out all around

Let’s still keep the Wiggins bashing to a minimum in here guys. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 3

@ShamsCharania

Knicks are in significant talks to move Marcus Morris to the Clippers for Moe Harkless and other assets, league sources tell

@TheAthleticNBA

@Stadium

. Lakers have informed Knicks that Kyle Kuzma has been removed from discussions, sources said.

@ShamsCharania

Morris and Harkless both expect for deal to close and end up with Clippers and Knicks, respectively, league sources said. Knicks and Clippers working finer details of the deal.

UPDATE: 

@ShamsCharania

Sources: Knicks have agreement in principle to trade Marcus Morris to the Clippers.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

@wojespn

Minnesota has joined the Miami-Memphis deal -- and will trade Gorgui Dieng for James Johnson, league source tells ESPN.

16 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Pistons trading Andre Drummond to Cavaliers, league sources tell

@TheAthleticNBA

@Stadium

Future second-round pick to the Pistons -- lesser of Golden State or Cleveland's 2023 pick, source tells ESPN. Knight and Henson too.

:lol: Harsh reality check for the Pistons.

• Like 1