What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (4 Viewers)

I didn't think they could add gimmicks to the 3point contest... yet here we are.

And I hope the dunkers make more than 40% of their attempts. Just once this year, please. Kenny Smith could also do us all a favor by not screaming "Lets go home" a billion times.

Reminder: the basketball hall of fame should induct people that are famous.
How many basketball fans could tell you her accomplishments without googling (did you do that without the internet)? How many can tell you which college or which WNBA team she played for? And how many could even pick her photo out of a sample 5 black women?
Yikes man. Not even touching this one. GL

Reminder: the basketball hall of fame should induct people that are famous.
How many basketball fans could tell you her accomplishments without googling (did you do that without the internet)? How many can tell you which college or which WNBA team she played for? And how many could even pick her photo out of a sample 5 black women?
Without looking, tell me Kobe's accomplishments? All of them.

Right, you didn't know.  You knew his championships, and his MVP's (maybe).  I didn't know till tonight his All-Star appearances/mvp's.  How many scoring titles did he win (don't look).  How many DPOY?  Did he win Rookie of the Year (don't cheat)?  Clown show bro.

:lmao:  ANSwer MY quESTion!!! I knEWS it, you can't !!!! gwaaaharhar

I swear, dumb random innerweb guys are dumb.

Jones was better early, Gordon was better later. IMO Gordon’s second to last dunk was pretty average (given a 50) so the right guy won, but the wrong guy won the final round. 

I missed all of tonight because my daughter is an archer and all the tournaments are seek in Trump country Minnesota. It’s far enough out we are spending the night in a hotel after and there was a Wisconsin middle school wrestling team here who were so awfully behaved the cops had to come. Still had a better night than EYLive. 

Enjoyed the Skills Challenge.  How talented the bigs like Adebayo and Sabonis are now is truly crazy.  The fact the 3pt contest could add a wrinkle that really worked was surprising and the fact the win-loss came down to the very last shot was cool to watch.  The Latvian Laser?  Great nickname, but Booker and Hield put on a show.

Last night was the best collection of dunks at this event...ever.  Whatever dunk you put #4 overall on the night could have easily been the highlight clip most years.  Then it happened.  Dwayne Wade did Aaron Gordon dirty for his teammate.  Right up there with Dominique getting robbed in 1988 against Jordan.  Any surprise both took place in Chicago?

The intensity in this all star game is off the charts. 
Just tuned in, this is fantastic.  I hate the All-Star game, just dunks and 3s, but this is next level bball.  Lowry taking charges is outstanding.  I assume the first 3 quarters was usual terrible all-star crap.

The Giannis D on LeBron a bit ago was incredible.  Made LeBron look feeble.  Giannis has been surprisingly invisible despite that thought.

Just tuned in, this is fantastic.  I hate the All-Star game, just dunks and 3s, but this is next level bball.  Lowry taking charges is outstanding.  I assume the first 3 quarters was usual terrible all-star crap.
I just saw the third and it was about as good as this. 

Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn

Reporting with

@WindhorstESPN

: Cavaliers and John Beilein have discussed possibility of him stepping down as coach during the NBA All-Star Break. No decision’s been reached. After signing 5-year deal to leave Michigan, Beilein’s struggled w/ transition to NBA.

This going to a certain score thing has been a fantastic idea.  The defense in this last 3-4 minutes has been unreal for an All Star game.

I think they should expand this going forward.  Maybe make each quarter the first to 40?  The game was very intense at the end with the defense getting back involved.  This was easily the best ASG I can remember in a long time... maybe ever.

The first 3 quarters had tons of action up and down the court, just like a regular all star game.  Very entertaining.  This is the first all star game that my kids have watched, and they loved seeing all of their favorites on the same court.

Then it turned into a regular NBA game and the last 45 minutes were full of fouls, free throws, and replays. Awful ending.

I hope they keep this format. Usually it's boring east v west. 4th quarter was like a playoff game intensity. Loved it! #teamlebron 

Users who are viewing this thread