Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Capella

2019-20 NBA Thread: Frenchman leads way in surrendering of NBA season

Just now, Capella said:

That Gordon dunk was insane. Holy crap

That was better.

Give it to em both.  End the contest.  IT'S OVER.

It's over.  Nothing more can be done.  Dnk contest retired.

Parker should be excluded from the BBHOF for that vote.

1 minute ago, facook said:

DJJ robbed.  Gordon messed up Taco's head.

Justice!

35 minutes ago, facook said:

:lmao: ANSwer MY quESTion!!! I knEWS it, you can't !!!! gwaaaharhar

I swear, dumb random innerweb guys are dumb.

They showed it so quickly but seemed like everyone who gave Jones a 10 gave Gordon a 9 and vice versa. 

Just now, EYLive said:

:lmao: ANSwer MY quESTion!!! I knEWS it, you can't !!!! gwaaaharhar

I swear, dumb random innerweb guys are dumb.

oK DoOsh....

I'm not rANDOM.  You are  not nearly as smart as y9u think you R.

Jones was better early, Gordon was better later. IMO Gordon’s second to last dunk was pretty average (given a 50) so the right guy won, but the wrong guy won the final round. 

Just now, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Somehow Derrick Jones deserved to win while Gordon was also simultaneously robbed.  Illogical but that’s how it played out

Exactly what I was trying to say. 

honestly, the dumb commentators were right.  CALL IT!  The contest is over!  Can't be improved.

Silly that they don't incorporate 0.5’s into the dunk scoring. 

I missed all of tonight because my daughter is an archer and all the tournaments are seek in Trump country Minnesota. It’s far enough out we are spending the night in a hotel after and there was a Wisconsin middle school wrestling team here who were so awfully behaved the cops had to come. Still had a better night than EYLive. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2

Enjoyed the Skills Challenge.  How talented the bigs like Adebayo and Sabonis are now is truly crazy.  The fact the 3pt contest could add a wrinkle that really worked was surprising and the fact the win-loss came down to the very last shot was cool to watch.  The Latvian Laser?  Great nickname, but Booker and Hield put on a show.

Last night was the best collection of dunks at this event...ever.  Whatever dunk you put #4 overall on the night could have easily been the highlight clip most years.  Then it happened.  Dwayne Wade did Aaron Gordon dirty for his teammate.  Right up there with Dominique getting robbed in 1988 against Jordan.  Any surprise both took place in Chicago?

• Like 1

Last night reminded me that the Magic traded Sabonis and Oladipo for Serge Ibaka, who stayed for half a year before going to Toronto to win a title. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 3

Just now, Capella said:

The intensity in this all star game is off the charts. 

Just tuned in, this is fantastic.  I hate the All-Star game, just dunks and 3s, but this is next level bball.  Lowry taking charges is outstanding.  I assume the first 3 quarters was usual terrible all-star crap.

The Giannis D on LeBron a bit ago was incredible.  Made LeBron look feeble.  Giannis has been surprisingly invisible despite that thought.

7 minutes ago, Zigg said:

Just tuned in, this is fantastic.  I hate the All-Star game, just dunks and 3s, but this is next level bball.  Lowry taking charges is outstanding.  I assume the first 3 quarters was usual terrible all-star crap.

I just saw the third and it was about as good as this. 

• Like 1

Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn

Reporting with

@WindhorstESPN

: Cavaliers and John Beilein have discussed possibility of him stepping down as coach during the NBA All-Star Break. No decision’s been reached. After signing 5-year deal to leave Michigan, Beilein’s struggled w/ transition to NBA.

This going to a certain score thing has been a fantastic idea.  The defense in this last 3-4 minutes has been unreal for an All Star game.

2 minutes ago, encaitar said:

This going to a certain score thing has been a fantastic idea.  The defense in this last 3-4 minutes has been unreal for an All Star game.

Elam ending. Everybody should go to it. 

• Like 2

Ending the game on a FT sucks though. You gotta check the ball out there. 

• Like 2

I think they should expand this going forward.  Maybe make each quarter the first to 40?  The game was very intense at the end with the defense getting back involved.  This was easily the best ASG I can remember in a long time... maybe ever.

• Like 1

The first 3 quarters had tons of action up and down the court, just like a regular all star game.  Very entertaining.  This is the first all star game that my kids have watched, and they loved seeing all of their favorites on the same court.

Then it turned into a regular NBA game and the last 45 minutes were full of fouls, free throws, and replays. Awful ending.

I hope they keep this format. Usually it's boring east v west. 4th quarter was like a playoff game intensity. Loved it! #teamlebron 

As a casual observer, good job NBA. I watched 2 nights I would typically marginally check in or avoid completely.

How long until the Elam ending is adopted for all games?  Someday...please?

Best all-star game in a very, very long time.  Great format changes.

I just wanted to check out the Kobe tribute.  Bugs the crap out of me when singers try to milk their moment by dragging out notes on forever.  She did it all song long.

4 hours ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

My God, now Chaka Khan doing the same crap.  It's actually even worse.  Poor National Anthem,  just got butchered.

Yeah Chaka Khan was awful. I was in another room listening and felt my face cringe up about 4 times. 

• Like 1

Was working during the dunk contest but had a chance to re-watch the highlights on YouTube.  Great contest—but really should have ended with co-winners in my opinion.  Each judge should just put their own scores down without communicating with one another.  Sometimes it took so much time to get their scores in that it seemed like they were conversing with each other trying to manipulate the results.  

Love the new format of the all star game. It really blends organized basketball with the three timed quarters with street ball with the “first to this score” wins dynamic.   If I had to change one thing (especially since charities are involved)—I do wish that if the teams should have a tied quarter in the first three—that they should just split the $100k price money for that quarter between the two charities instead of doubling the prize to the next quarter.   Regardless—I really enjoyed the format

In regards to the result of last nights game-I do put the loss of Team Giannis on Nick Nurse.  He basically made little to no changes on his fourth quarter lineup even though they were getting grossly outplayed by team  Lebron. Going into that quarter with a healthy lead—he could have put his best offensive players in (Trae, Donovan for example) and even if they ended up trading buckets—they win the game. On the final possession after that timeout when team lebron had the ball-Nurse should have put his best defenders in (guys like gobert) knowing that team lebron didn’t need a three to win. I thought he did a nice job coaching team giannis through three quarters—but he really did a terrible job managing the fourth.  The fact that I’m even analyzing an all star game goes to show that it was pretty awesome. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn

Reporting with

@WindhorstESPN

: Cavaliers and John Beilein have discussed possibility of him stepping down as coach during the NBA All-Star Break. No decision’s been reached. After signing 5-year deal to leave Michigan, Beilein’s struggled w/ transition to NBA.

strange situation.  larry drew to the courtesy phone?

36 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

strange situation.  larry drew to the courtesy phone?

How about a fan promotion- buy a lower bowl seat and you can be cavs coach for the day!