What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (6 Viewers)

Grizzlies are getting screwed so hard by the refs tonight. Lakers getting away with murder all night long.

Lakers' interior passing is horrendous. Rondo can't return soon enough.
Rondo isn't the answer.  His defense more than negates any playmaking he brings.

Grizzlies are getting screwed so hard by the refs tonight. Lakers getting away with murder all night long.
Bad whistle but they also can't stay in front of Anthony Davis.  He has 40 pts 20 reb...at the end of the 3rd.

Pipes said:
Damn Herro having himself a game tonight.
Kendrick Nunn too. The Heat have 2 rookies who can shoot, create their own  shot and pass. Bam has improved. Dragic is great coming off the bench. This looks like a playoff team.

lol, I got the latest NBA 2K on a special deal and i guess they had Lebron be a part of making the my career stuff. Funny stuff hearing him talk about how it isn't just about being an NBA player but a leader to stand up for those unfortunate people out there. 

So glad they kept it in the game. F'n hypocrite is some funny stuff

Long Ball Larry said:
i don't know, it looked like just a bad sprain.
I had actually switched to the WS and my buddy texted me thinking he was down for year.  Really happy the x-rays were negative - he had started the year great.  

Lakers' interior passing is horrendous. Rondo can't return soon enough.
true because the one thing that compliments crappy interior passing is having a guy start fights in the locker room and miss open jumpers so i am with you take that to the bank bromigo

The Pelicans are looking horrendous in comparison with the Saints (they'll ALWAYS be compared to the Saints).

So much excitement after getting the #1 pick, and then Zion coming to town with a slew of young players (plus Reddick). Gayle Benson put up "Won't Bow Down" billboards all over town.

And now ... "Won't Bow Down" looks pretty danged hollow when the team is getting boat-raced every night. Half the team is hurt -- again. Alvin Gentry is apparently made of Teflon. And the Pelicans look like a 65-loss team.

So ... Zion will be several years of playing 30 games or so a season, perpetual knee injuries, and then he'll sign go elsewhere? That's what's coming ... again?

Sorry -- we compare to football. Four games is a quarter of a season ... errr, close enough. 

The Pelicans are looking horrendous in comparison with the Saints (they'll ALWAYS be compared to the Saints).

So much excitement after getting the #1 pick, and then Zion coming to town with a slew of young players (plus Reddick). Gayle Benson put up "Won't Bow Down" billboards all over town.

And now ... "Won't Bow Down" looks pretty danged hollow when the team is getting boat-raced every night. Half the team is hurt -- again. Alvin Gentry is apparently made of Teflon. And the Pelicans look like a 65-loss team.

So ... Zion will be several years of playing 30 games or so a season, perpetual knee injuries, and then he'll sign go elsewhere? That's what's coming ... again?

Sorry -- we compare to football. Four games is a quarter of a season ... errr, close enough. 
The Saints turned around with the additions of Sean Payton and Drew Brees, but it took time. The Pelicans now have a great GM and Zion, but it will take time.  This franchise was looking at a really bleak future just a few months ago and things are looking much brighter.  The medical staff is now competent (even above average?) and ownership appears willing to invest in winning.

Don't let a few losses wear you down.  This slow start may be a blessing in disguise.  Rather than expectations shooting through the roof before the team was ready the organization can continue to build the roster the right way. To see what they have without the pressure of win now moves or with Zion being heaped with unfair projections.

I was in attendance for the Pels home opener last Friday and the crowd was into the team despite the disappointment of Zion making his on court appearance with a crutch.  There was real energy and support for the squad, a ton of gear was being worn, and the atmosphere was good.

BTW - I've got a few large 'Won't Bow Down' Pels t-shirts from the game available in trade if anybody else has similar NBA swag from this season to swap.  PM if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've watched 2 Charlotte games do far(I know, why would I put myself through that. They just happened to be televised here.) Rozier has not looked good AT ALL, definitely seeing less of the 2018 Scary Terry and more of the gross 2019 Terry. Not that a lot of peopled loved it but that contract could end up being even more turrible than expected  :oldunsure:

The Saints turned around with the additions of Sean Payton and Drew Brees, but it took time. The Pelicans now have a great GM and Zion, but it will take time.  This franchise was looking at a really bleak future just a few months ago and things are looking much brighter.  The medical staff is now competent (even above average?) and ownership appears willing to invest in winning.
Thanks for the support, trader jake.

I hope the bolded pans out ... but it's looking rough so far (again). On what should the current medical staff be evaluated?

Thanks for the support, trader jake.

I hope the bolded pans out ... but it's looking rough so far (again). On what should the current medical staff be evaluated?
J.J. Redick was willing to sign there...that's a good start. :) For now I'd say general competency.  Eventually how many players miss games due to soft tissue injuries.  Long-term how many veteran players stay healthy and/or marginal talents come aboard and are productive.  Think Grant Hill/Steve Nash once they got to Phoenix or what some of the unknown Heat players have accomplished the last few seasons.

Note: the only big issue I see is with the coaching staff.  When in doubt they give minutes to the offensive player and the development of younger talent hasn't been there.  Jrue may be the biggest argument against those points though.

i want my players playing hurt it shows grit in my opinion oh your shoulder is separated well back in my day guys played with no arms so rub some dirt on it and get the h e double hocky sticks back in there take that to the bank brohans 

Well, he needs some discipline - and the last place one might look to coach discipline is Alvin Gentry - but, if he gets it, NAW is going to be almost as big a star as Zion, healthy or broken. The whole ballguy package, this li'l Hokie, if he ever takes some pleasure in defending.

no

when Korkmaz is drawing fouls from you, it is probably time to re-assess your defensive effort. Pleasently pleased that the Sixers are improving on their 33% from wide open 3s
Still don’t get why he is playing and Zhaire is in G league. 

Thybulle is great. 

I see Cus Cries is losing to the Bucks 40-23. i'd like to hear more about how great positionless basketball is or about Taco Fall's Hall of Fame career.

funny thing is Bucks aren't even using Giannis

f'n camera work NBA. Joel and KAT go toe to toe and they show us court floor for most of it. Dude fight lions, i'd take Joel

Embiid's control of the crowd is impressive. whole crowd is booing, and he turns it instantly into loud cheers

if thybulle can stay a main contributor all year, it is huge for the rotation.

push ennis and scott down to 7 and 8 and then still have o'quinn, burke and neto to bolster the C and PG when needed.  very solid.  

if thybulle can stay a main contributor all year, it is huge for the rotation.

push ennis and scott down to 7 and 8 and then still have o'quinn, burke and neto to bolster the C and PG when needed.  very solid.  
Very impressed with Thybulle so far. Funny how we've had all these high picks that we had to wait on then this guy just comes right in and balls.

well, if the T-Wolves ever decide to tank a season it seems pretty easy they have the pieces to do it. Just sit KAT

lol, just looked at bleachreport. their "trending" section has the top 5 stories all about the mini-brawl between KAT and Embiid

Imagine if Hayward gets back to full strength this year and opts out.

he probably should as he could be the primo fa this year.  Wow.
that is an interesting idea, and would be interesting to see if Boston would max him again. i think his ceiling is like top 40 player

Nets have realized this is a lost year with KD sidelined, so they’re tanking to get a young stud who will make their ‘20-‘21 roster even scarier. Always one step ahead.
Wow, they could have three firsts.  Dubs pick unlikely to convey I think, but there’s a chance.

how you get that sixers pick from LAC?

Users who are viewing this thread