Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Capella

2019-20 NBA Thread: I’m not following the league at all right now tbh

i hope the league reviews it and decides that for flopping so much and being gigantic laroosh whiners houston gets an extra 3 losses take that to the bank bromigos 

On 12/1/2019 at 12:12 PM, Gr00vus said:

At the Lakers/Wizards game I went to Friday I learned there's a guy named Hachimura in the league. Is he the first Japanese NBA player? Pretty awesome. He had some nice sequences in the game too.

I also learned that the Wizards are terrible. They've got 4 guys in the rotation who were Lakers cast offs from the last two years. I realize Wall isn't playing, but what happened here @TobiasFunke? How did Ish Smith become their best player by default?

I was thankfully and blissfully distracted from the Wiz season until a few weeks ago, but as I understand it the Wiz are attempting a rebuild on the fly around Beal (who wanted to stay for reasons that even I can't fathom) and the hope of Wall returning to at least some semblance of his former self, rather than a full teardown. They're essentially tanking this year, having taken on CJ Miles in the last year of his deal and with Ian Mahinmi finally in the last year of his absurd deal, with Wall out for the season anyway. Everyone else is either on a one year deal to fill out the roster and give Beal's shooting arm a rest or is young and expected to be part of the rebuild (Thomas Bryant, Hachimura, whoever they get in the lottery this year). They've also lost three rotation guys to injury in the last week so they're pretty much at rock bottom now. 

• Thanks 1

is the mid december the opening of when FAs can be dealt?  this means the entire knicks roster, which could have value in pieces and d’angelo russell.....why the knicks picked up the options on smith and craptilikina befuddles me.

Siakam doesn't get a ton of calls, watching some of the calls Harden gets kind of amplifies it. 

3 minutes ago, offdee said:

Damn Bucks! Literal beat down. 

What it dooo bay-bee! 

Crazy game.  They look amazing tonight.

3 minutes ago, Pipes said:

Crazy game.  They look amazing tonight.

Both teams pulled their starters midway through the 4th. Doc raised the white flag. This team is incredible right now. 

• Love 1

the brew town bangeroos are pretty ok at bball this year take that to the bank buckmigos 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, SWC said:

the brew town bangeroos are pretty ok at bball this year take that to the bank buckmigos 

I think this Giannis guy is up to something

• Love 1

1 minute ago, strykerpks said:
9 minutes ago, SWC said:

I think this Giannis guy is up to something

its pronounced anteaternintendo take that to the bank brohan

• Thanks 1

Wolves got hit with a delay of game technical with 1.1 seconds left and a a 2 point lead because of an untucked jersey. OKC makes the free throw. Towns tries to miss a free throw and makes it, OKC completes a miracle long pass and hits an impossible to lay up to go to OT. OKC smokes them in OT. That is Minnesota sports. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/21/2019 at 5:35 PM, ShamrockPride said:

Oh no, who could have ever predicted this would happen to Zion? Me. And half of this thread.

Zion's career looks done, and he hasn't even stepped on an NBA court yet :( 

Yeah, yeah, it's too soon. But young guys -- at 19! -- aren't supposed to be this broken down. And it smells like that even when he does return, it'll be "load management" and "no back-to-backs" and what not. Zion looks like a guy who will never play even 70 games in a season.

(Unless he gets traded away from New Orleans. Then he'll turn to basketball Cal Ripken Jr.  :kicksrock: )

3 hours ago, Doug B said:

Zion's career looks done, and he hasn't even stepped on an NBA court yet :( 

Like Blake Griffin, Joel Embiid, or Ben Simmons were 'done'?  Heck, even a player like Shaun Livingston came back from way worse.  Keep your head up DB.

17 minutes ago, trader jake said:

Like Blake Griffin, Joel Embiid, or Ben Simmons were 'done'?  Heck, even a player like Shaun Livingston came back from way worse.  Keep your head up DB.

You left out Greg Oden....

• Laughing 1

5 hours ago, trader jake said:

I definitely don't see any reason for overreaction right now with Zion, but Blake and Ben were very clear acute injuries so I think that most people knew they could come back.

Zion seems to be more of the nagging, chronic stuff and he really still needs a lot of skill development. 

Blake's career has really been quite impressive in a lot of ways.  Too bad he never really could get to the very top echelon or play for a championship.   

does blakes game translate any longer i sort of view him and andre drummond as misfit toys in the modern nba take that to the  bank bromigos 

20 minutes ago, SWC said:

does blakes game translate any longer i sort of view him and andre drummond as misfit toys in the modern nba take that to the  bank bromigos 

it would have less so, but he really worked on his shooting and passing and ball-handling last year and really kind of re-invented himself.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, General Malaise said:

You left out Greg Oden....

Yeah, but in all fairness he was at least 30 in College.

3 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

how the hell do the rockets allow that inbounds like that?

Looked like the Rockets were in some kind of zone so it may not be Westbrook’s fault, but on the other hand, PJ Tucker is guarding two guys while Russ chills with nobody anywhere close to him. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thecatch said:

Looked like the Rockets were in some kind of zone so it may not be Westbrook’s fault, but on the other hand, PJ Tucker is guarding two guys while Russ chills with nobody anywhere close to him. 

There is no exaggeration in your sentence: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELZeC72VUAADceK.jpg

Damn it Thunder...  you're supposed to be tanking, now you've won 4 in a row...  last night was the second of a b2b in Utah and won by 14. 

Now 7th in the West.  At least they have a truckload of picks and a few trade pieces.  

Two triple doubles in a game by one team, that's not common. Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo. And 3  players with 30+ points, including Duncan Robinson who was 10 of 14 from deep, Kendrick Dunn, and Bam. Miami scored 22 consecutive points against the Hawks to win the game - the last 6 of regulation in 59 seconds and the first 16 in overtime. No more isolation ball, a fun team to watch.

On 12/10/2019 at 12:58 AM, thecatch said:

Was at the game - brutal finish. Looked to me like PJ inexplicably backed off the shooter. 

Edited by bigbottom

3 hours ago, SoBeDad said:

Two triple doubles in a game by one team, that's not common. Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo. And 3  players with 30+ points, including Duncan Robinson who was 10 of 14 from deep, Kendrick Dunn, and Bam. Miami scored 22 consecutive points against the Hawks to win the game - the last 6 of regulation in 59 seconds and the first 16 in overtime. No more isolation ball, a fun team to watch.

Super weird box score.   How often has 3 over 30 happened? (Hoping some stat guy in here can look that up).  Has it ever?   120/135 points they scored were by 4 guys.

8 hours ago, bigbottom said:

Was at the game - brutal finish. Looked to me like PJ inexplicably backed off the shooter. 

There was a Kings player rolling off a pick that would have had a wide open dunk if he didn’t hang back. 

Ok so quick question. 

A about 3 months ago someone gave me a bunch of Sixers stuff. I let some friends and family pick the stuff they wanted and trying to sell the rest now for a quick profit as Obviously I'll never wear the stuff. There was a nice Kyle Korver Blue Jersey I kept as well as an Old School Jerry Stackhouse I took given he was one of my favorite players. I now have a few XL Fultz Jerseys White and Blue and a Blue Fultz T-shirt XL. I'm thinking about selling them on the facebook market place but not sure what a good price is. They all have the original tags and never been worn. They came directly from the 76ers as the person who gave them from me said they were giving it away at work. I also have a few Sixers duffle bags I can throw in for free to the person. Would does $20 for each jersey and 10 for the shirt too much or too little? I'll even be throwing in the duffle bag for free to put the stuff in. 

I'm not even a fan of the team so I figured giving it to someone who wants them would be better off. Since I'm looking for some extra holiday cash to spend on my GF right now as well. I've been saving up for a really nice Necklace she's wanted for awhile and I'm a good $100 short on what I want. I was taking a few bucks out of my paycheck weekly but after this weeks pay comes in tomorrow I won't be paid till Christmas and by that point it'll be too late. It's her Christmas gift this year and her mom already knows I'm getting her it. She offered to spot me but I told her no thank you and I appreciated but I think her daughter would kill both of us if she found out her mom was helping me with this. I made my girl a promise to get her this necklace for awhile so at this point she's kind of expecting it now. What I take out this week and if I can get like $60 at the least for the Jersey/Shirt it'd help a lot. Any suggestions on prices? 

15 hours ago, Deamon said:

Super weird box score.   How often has 3 over 30 happened? (Hoping some stat guy in here can look that up).  Has it ever?   120/135 points they scored were by 4 guys.

According to this article, 3 scoring 30+ on the same team has happened 12 times. The highest scoring trio, Isiah Thomas, John Long (who's he?), and Kelly Tripucka scored 47, 41 and 35 in 3 OTs for Detroit. Zach LaVine, Porter and Markkenan did it in 4 OTs in March 2019. Some of the better know trios include Run TMC, the Heat big 3 in 2011 and the OKC big 3 in 2012.  

Other oddities about the Heat comeback on Star Wars night. First time 2 undrafted teamates combined for 70+  (Nunn and Robinson) and the biggest margin of victory in NBA overtime in 10 years, as the Heat scored the last 6 in regulation and first 16 in OT. And this: "The Heat were down by six with 59 seconds left in regulation, the moment when Young took a celebratory walk back to the Atlanta bench for a timeout — with Butler hearing him shout, “It’s over.”  And Tyler Herro scored 0.

https://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/miami-heat-atlanta-hawks-score-recap

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2019 at 12:16 PM, General Malaise said:

Anybody in Charlotte rocking a Devonte Graham jersey yet?  Dude!

Easily the fantasy hoops MVP so far.  2nd round nobody just joined James Harden and Steph Curry as the only players to hit 100 tres amigos in 27 games or fewer.  

What a find!!!!!

Edited by General Malaise
  • Like 1

Boston blew a great game from Kemba (44 pts) last night and lost in Indy.  This team is a bit lost without Smart, who was out with an eye infection.  Brown was OK and Theis did his normal thing, but Hayward, Tatum and the bench were not good.

Indy is a good team and played well, but that is not one you want to lose.  Kemba probably had flashbacks of Hornets games last night.

1 hour ago, Jayrod said:

Boston blew a great game from Kemba (44 pts) last night and lost in Indy.  This team is a bit lost without Smart, who was out with an eye infection.  Brown was OK and Theis did his normal thing, but Hayward, Tatum and the bench were not good.

Indy is a good team and played well, but that is not one you want to lose.  Kemba probably had flashbacks of Hornets games last night.

There's a new Kemba in town. :excited: 

1 hour ago, Worm said:

There's a new Kemba in town. :excited: 

So happy y'all didnt have to deal with a Rozier-led team. Good supporting player, tho. 

Great to see Devonte explode on the scene. Maybe teams will start paying attention to 4-yr college point guards and maybe young PGs like those two awful lost kids in Cleveland will stay in school a minute instead of flailing in the bigs, learning every bad habit in the book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, SoBeDad said:

According to this article, 3 scoring 30+ on the same team has happened 12 times. The highest scoring trio, Isiah Thomas, John Long (who's he?), and Kelly Tripucka scored 47, 41 and 35 in 3 OTs for Detroit.

veteran 3rd guard for the pistons in my youth. that game, i believe, was the historic 186-184 game against the alex english-kiki V. nuggets.

• Like 1

anteater was out last night bucks won take that to the bank bromigos 

18 minutes ago, SWC said:

This Bucks team is pretty great.  Bucks vs Lakers might be the series we all finally deserve.  Old King vs New King.

10 minutes ago, General Malaise said:
29 minutes ago, SWC said:

This Bucks team is pretty great.  Bucks vs Lakers might be the series we all finally deserve.  Old King vs New King.

yeah except no one wants to watch the los angeles sexual assault saluters other than that i guess take that to the bank bromigo

13 minutes ago, SWC said:

yeah except no one wants to watch the los angeles sexual assault saluters other than that i guess take that to the bank bromigo

You know what, I agree with you borracho.  Let it be the Clippers that beat the Lakers in the West Finals, then have the good LA take on your Bucks and let's just take that one to the bank.

hell yeah i knew youd feel me brohan take that to the bank 

no matter what i hope that this is the year that the nba finally has a fireside chat with none other than our own a a ron rudnarski as the finals halftime that would be so sweet even roadies who have seen it all would stop and say ohhellyeah thats sweet take that to the bank bromigos 

Edited by SWC
ps when a roadie who has seen it all says something is sweet its pretty damned sweet take that to the bank brochachos 
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, modogg said:

lol, great challenge Stephens. Dork

:lmao: Kanter smacks Embiid on forearm and they overturn for a jump ball. Guess Stephens really does poop gold

Edited by modogg

Ugh, I hate Stephens. He is one of those guys when he is interviewed that is impossible to dislike. Smart and gives a good impression of the game almost every time. I want him to be more of a dope when he is interviewed, but the guy is clear headed and fair. 

and these officials are pretty horrendous. Almost as bad as Chris Webber as an announcer

• Like 1