What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (4 Viewers)

Doesn't really matter if Zion can do the job. Sir Charles was listed at 6'6", but was really more like 6'4".

Sixers up 20 over the Lakers without Embiid and Josh Richardson (Zaire Smith too, but that may not be as important). I was hoping this would be the finals match-up

Sixers without Embiid are 0-2 against an "isn't much there" Raptors team, and are behind them in the standings despite all the injuries that team has had, yet you expect them to make the finals?
Raptors are a cute story this year. Great regular season team. 

Rockets go into Utah w/o Harden, Westbrook, and Capela and win.

D'Antoni may have his faults and unlikely to win an NBA title as a head coach but looked very smart going smallball with 6'6 Danuel House at C. Eric Gordon went for 50.

Last edited by a moderator:
hxperson said:
and yet the Sixers are 1-2 against them.  I'm not saying they are a contender at all.  I'm saying I don't see the Sixers as one either
in the first game, I believe that Nurse went to some zone and different defensive looks that caused the Sixers problems.  Second game, the sixers handled everything that Nurse could throw at them (which was in Philly).  Third game, they did not have Embiid and Josh Richardson got hurt right away.  They still were right there at the end and honestly just missed some shots.  They got the looks they needed at the end.

Sixers are still just 2 games out of the 2 seed.  If they get home court, in the first 2 rounds, very hard for me to imagine them not getting to the ECF.  If healthy, I think they could now win on the road against anyone, maybe with the exception of Milwaukee.

They have shown that their high is as high as anyone in the East against all of these contenders this year.  But they are of course a very high variance team.  Between the injuries, road woes, turnovers, and weird roster, they have a lot of ways it can go wrong.  But at full strength and at their peak, they can certainly make it to the finals.

@ShamsCharania

Sources: 2020 NBA All-Star reserves:

East: Jimmy Butler, Kyle Lowry, Ben Simmons, Khris Middleton, Jayson Tatum :thumbup:  , Bam Adebayo :thumbup:  , Domas Sabonis

West: Damian Lillard, Donovan Mitchell, Nikola Jokic, Rudy Gobert, Brandon Ingram :thumbup:  , Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul

Gr00vus said:
I've said before how I find it surprising that Knicks fans have put up with it for so long. NYC isn't exactly known for being a patient place.
Corporate buying of seats goes a long way. I probably have 30 Knick fan friends and only one I know that “puts up with it”. Everyone else has been checked out for years. 

Gr00vus said:
I've said before how I find it surprising that Knicks fans have put up with it for so long. NYC isn't exactly known for being a patient place.
i mean, the owner is shameless and brainless and has more money than god.  they're not happy, but not much that they can do really

i mean, the owner is shameless and brainless and has more money than god.  they're not happy, but not much that they can do really
Seems like they keep going to the games, buying merchandise, etc. I'd probably stop doing that if I were in their place. As @RUSF18 mentioned, maybe it's all corporate. :shrug:  I mean, seemed like a pretty full house last night screaming for an ownership change at the game. If this was, say, "prime" Clippers, that arena would have had about 5000 people in it - and about 4629 would have been Griz fans.

Pains me to say this but philly isn't doing anything this year.  Cant do anything on the road.  Turnovers like crazy.

I really love and appreciated how the Clippers paid hommage to Kobe and the crash victims before tip off tonight.   Was really touching and I thought it was really well done.  It was definitely hard to hold back the tears. 

Just saw the Eastern Conference all stars.  I personally feel  like Beal should have made it in over Taytum by a moderate margin.   I know his team isn’t winning—but he’s legit balling this year.  

Just saw the Eastern Conference all stars.  I personally feel  like Beal should have made it in over Taytum by a moderate margin.   I know his team isn’t winning—but he’s legit balling this year.  
Tough to argue with Beal's counting stats but he's playing for a team inspired by Paul Westhead's Nuggets squads from the early 90's.  Isaiah Thomas even resembles Michael Adams a bit.

Glad Khris Middleton is getting some recognition with another All-Star spot.  In the Bucks last game he put up 51 points on 26 shots.  He's only the 49th player in NBA history to do that in a game.  Also, on the season he's over 20pts/gm with 50/40/90 shooting percentages.  Only four players have done that for an entire season (Bird, Nowitzki, Curry, & Durant).  Middleton is also doing all that while playing 29min/gm.

This.  Beal is playing great.  To do what he is doing playing with the likes of Bryant, Smith and Bertans (which are nice pieces, but on most good teams they are no more than bench players with a certain skill set).  Beal gets double teamed every time he touches the ball.  Frankly he should not have signed with Washington.  There are a lot of team that need a 2 that can load it up like he can.  He could be putting up 35+ per night if he only had one other player to help him out.

Is it just me, or is Lowry waaaaaaay overreacting to the fan “pushing” him last night?  Seemed like a legit “let me help boost you off my lap and back onto the court” more than anything even remotely resembling ill intent from the fan.  I get that the push from that Warriors investor a couple months back, one that seemed laced with ill intent (and idiocy), may have skewed Lowry’s perception.  But my word does this seem like a non-event that’s being made into something.  

Link with video

so is there anyway we can just disband the Knicks franchise, or at least just relegate it to the G-League for a few seasons. As a fan of a team that just a few years ago had a 10-win season, this crap from Peyton is just about as deuchy as it gets. And Randle acting tough just kind of caps it all off. G-League please:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZmnTpy4yI

I don’t think we as a nation get to see Dame enough 
He's awesome.  I'm rewinding to the start of the 3rd so my 15 year old who just got home from his basketball game can watch and appreciate Dame with me while we still get to enjoy him and more importantly, enjoy him together.  In a few years, he'll be on his own and Dame will be on the Warriors. :(

He's awesome.  I'm rewinding to the start of the 3rd so my 15 year old who just got home from his basketball game can watch and appreciate Dame with me while we still get to enjoy him and more importantly, enjoy him together.  In a few years, he'll be on his own and Dame will be on the Warriors. :(
 hope that doesn’t happen. 

I temporarily changed the thread title to 2019-20 NBA Thread: Dame celebrates late-era Kobe by shooting Lakers to a loss

...but thought somebody here might take it serious so I removed it. I thought it was funny though. 

I temporarily changed the thread title to 2019-20 NBA Thread: Dame celebrates late-era Kobe by shooting Lakers to a loss

...but thought somebody here might take it serious so I removed it. I thought it was funny though. 
I laughed.  

Dame loved Kobe.  Greatest way to honor him was to ball the way he did tonight in Kobe's home.  

Glad Khris Middleton is getting some recognition with another All-Star spot.  In the Bucks last game he put up 51 points on 26 shots.  He's only the 49th player in NBA history to do that in a game.  Also, on the season he's over 20pts/gm with 50/40/90 shooting percentages.  Only four players have done that for an entire season (Bird, Nowitzki, Curry, & Durant).  Middleton is also doing all that while playing 29min/gm.
Note he did 51 without Giannis, and against the Bullets. Totes homer here but KMid's splits are very similar to Klay's, according to Milwaukee twitter. Not sure which year the numbers are from but Middleton is really becoming a fantastic #2. It is what it is in small town Milwaukee. Glad to see him get some respect. Now do it more in the playoffs (ahem Bledsoe too)

strykerpks said:
Totes homer here but KMid's splits are very similar to Klay's, according to Milwaukee twitter. 
Both Middleton and Thompson play defense too.  This tends to get mentioned late in too many player discussions.

Michael Porter Jr is legit and his athleticism is slowly improving. Malone still isn't playing him enough but he's averaging 20/11/2 per 36 on .609 TS. He's kind of a crappy defender but he shows flashes on being a pretty decent weak side shot blocker and if he ends up being a full time PF he has the frame and feet to be effective if not especially good there. A Murray/Jokic/Porter starting lineup no matter who the other two are is always going to struggle but they'll be fun.

Btw, the Nuggets just beat the Bucks on the road missing 3 starters and their 7th man. If they could trade some of their flotsam (Beasley/Craig/Hernangomez/picks) for an improvement on what Harris/Craig/Beasley have provided this year, I think they might be a more legitimate contender than expected.

Michael Porter Jr is legit and his athleticism is slowly improving. Malone still isn't playing him enough but he's averaging 20/11/2 per 36 on .609 TS. He's kind of a crappy defender but he shows flashes on being a pretty decent weak side shot blocker and if he ends up being a full time PF he has the frame and feet to be effective if not especially good there. A Murray/Jokic/Porter starting lineup no matter who the other two are is always going to struggle but they'll be fun.

Btw, the Nuggets just beat the Bucks on the road missing 3 starters and their 7th man. If they could trade some of their flotsam (Beasley/Craig/Hernangomez/picks) for an improvement on what Harris/Craig/Beasley have provided this year, I think they might be a more legitimate contender than expected.
more like saloon door. too slow for 3, too weak for 5, not an ideal 4 for a 5 like the Joker. but he got game

Users who are viewing this thread