What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (6 Viewers)

Hell, we ALL should support Hong Kong's fight for democracy against communism. F China and their totalitarian control. An NBA franchise doesn't need to bow down to tyranny for money.

[/oopswrongforum] #growaspine

Nice little quote from the Nets co-owner (co-founder of Chinese e-tailer Alibaba):

"By now I hope you can begin to understand why the Daryl Morey tweet is so damaging to the relationship with our fans in China,'' Tsai wrote. "I don't know Daryl personally. I am sure he's a fine NBA general manager, and I will take at face value his subsequent apology that he was not as well informed as he should have been. But the hurt that this incident has caused will take a long time to repair.''

The only thing he may not have been informed about enough is how corrupt the NBA is an how much they’d sacrifice to appease China. Or maybe he just underestimated just how evil China is.

How is the media handling this? Are they (ESPN in particular) ignoring the story to avoid biting the hand that feeds it?

How is the media handling this? Are they (ESPN in particular) ignoring the story to avoid biting the hand that feeds it?
It seems like they're reporting the actions of the various parties, but staying objective and treating it like news. Dunno if Le Batard or any other subjective/editorial guys have touched it.

Can we get @SWC to release a statement on our behalf?
like my main man brohan bill wallace said yeah fight with china and you may go broke run away from china and you may live at least for a while and keep on raking in the dineros but dying in your bed many years from now would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for that one chance to come back here and tell china that they may take our money but they will never take our freedom and then you throw a sword at china that is our official statement take that to the bank bromigos 

like my main man brohan bill wallace said yeah fight with china and you may go broke run away from china and you may live at least for a while and keep on raking in the dineros but dying in your bed many years from now would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for that one chance to come back here and tell china that they may take our money but they will never take our freedom and then you throw a sword at china that is our official statement take that to the bank bromigos 
Took me far too long into this statement to know who Bill Wallace was. I was assuming some guy on Dateline. 

You're going to get us all killed.

GroveDiesel said:
The NBA apparently is all for promoting activism and civil rights as long as it doesn’t get in the way of big $. Absolutely shameful. Whatever legacy Silver thought he was building himself is now destroyed IMO.
yeah, i mean what a surprise that Silver bowed down to some myopic, ham-fisted, short-sighted prisoners of the moment when a bit of controversy arose.

#uhatetoseeit

#hinkiebannersflyforever

#normalcollar

Users who are viewing this thread