What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (3 Viewers)

RIP David Stern
To not risk a ban here (I don't have a lot of nice things to say about the guy) I'll just say he did lot to expand the leagues popularity but its comes with a lot of question marks. There's still a ton of people who want to know the truth about Donagehy and how deep the Ref corruption went. Was MJ really retired or di Stern give him a slap on the wrist for betting issues? Ewing Knicks? His love affair with bringing Joey Crawford back after firing him? He did some good for the league but it also came with a lot to smear the name as well. 

David Stern is behind only George Steinbrenner as a person who made watching live sports financially difficult for the average citizen. Yay him.

So the Houston strategy is really just yelling at the refs constantly until they get a bunch of free throws? haven't watched them much, but all i seem to see is them yelling at the refs constantly, and complain until they get free throws

ETA: man, if they ever expand the 3 point line further or make a 4 point shot, Harden may average closer to 50. Guy hits deep 3s like it is absolutely nothing

Last edited by a moderator:
Sixers need to make a trade or something. Simmons looked like the only one out there tonight trying hard. Watching Embiid getting dunked on with Capella Alley-Oops is just sad

So the Houston strategy is really just yelling at the refs constantly until they get a bunch of free throws? haven't watched them much, but all i seem to see is them yelling at the refs constantly, and complain until they get free throws

ETA: man, if they ever expand the 3 point line further or make a 4 point shot, Harden may average closer to 50. Guy hits deep 3s like it is absolutely nothing
I missed the game, but that’s a pretty nice stat line for Harden. 

Harden rockin’ the Kawhi cornrows + the Lebron headband balding coverup + the Pistol Pete striped tube socks.  New Year, New Jim. 

harden was amazing last night and the Sixers had no answers.  that's their strategy

Today was a weird day for me. As a huge Pacers fan--I'm bummed that they lost to an Atlanta team that was missing Collins. As a huge Trae Young fan-all I can say is holy smokes.  The dude just gets better every day. Last years rookie class with Luka, Trae, Ayton, Bagley, Shai, Wendell, Porter Jr, and so many more might be one of the best draft classes in a really long time.  

What has happened to the Clippers? That awful Grizzlies game. And now the Knicks just dropped forty-five points in the first quarter--in Los Angeles. 

I still watch the Warriors and now that football season is over I still listen to NBA podcasts, but for the life of me I can't want any other regular season games. I worked Christmas Day so I couldn't watch any of those games and now that I think about it last non-Warrior game I saw this season was first meeting between LAL and LAC. I guess I'm no longer a NBA fan. I'm just a Warrior fan until the playoffs. The regular season doesn't mean much and a mid-season tournament wouldn't change things.

I am actually coming around on Kobe and I was one of his biggest haters. 
if you want to support a guy who bought his way out of a sexual assault charge you go right on with your bad self it aint happenin over this way take that to the bank bromigo

Honestly, kinda excited that the Blazers are tanking the season.  Smartest move they could make.  Start Melo, Wotlrthless Whiteside and all their zygotes the rest of the way, get a good draft pick and reload with a healthy Nurk and Collins.  Shut Dame down, too.  Guy needs an rest year bigly.  
Now would be a great time for Dame to come down with an ambiguous 'lower back injury'.   Tank harder, guys....

Well, Blake Griffin is having surgery. Likely out for the season.

Time for the Pistons to trade Drummond. See what they can get.

On the bright side, Doumbouya has been starting lately and doing ok. Maybe he will be good. We need some hope.

Honestly, kinda excited that the Blazers are tanking the season.  Smartest move they could make.  Start Melo, Wotlrthless Whiteside and all their zygotes the rest of the way, get a good draft pick and reload with a healthy Nurk and Collins.  Shut Dame down, too.  Guy needs an rest year bigly.  
Congrats on the big win in Toronto. :thumbup:

Whiteside 14-16-4-7

Melo 28-7.

Thunder team that was supposed to tank this year just keeps winning.  Yeah, they lost recently in Philly but they're 8-2 over the last ten and been on a roll since Dec 1.  Shai is a stud, CP is playing well, and the rest are playing their roles.  

As a Thunder fan it is such a weird team to watch.  In years past the loss in Philly would have been a team that didn't show up and/or give effort.  The loss in Philly was just about getting beat by a better team, and the Thunder played hard.  

Also, maybe BillyD can actually coach?  I was ready to give up on him recently, but maybe some of the players were just uncoachable.  On a related note, Westbrook comes back to OKC tomorrow night for the first time. 

On the bright side, Doumbouya has been starting lately and doing ok. Maybe he will be good. We need some hope.
thanks for pointing this out.  i always skip past the pistons on TV, but would like to check this out.

Thunder team that was supposed to tank this year just keeps winning.  Yeah, they lost recently in Philly but they're 8-2 over the last ten and been on a roll since Dec 1.  Shai is a stud, CP is playing well, and the rest are playing their roles.  

As a Thunder fan it is such a weird team to watch.  In years past the loss in Philly would have been a team that didn't show up and/or give effort.  The loss in Philly was just about getting beat by a better team, and the Thunder played hard.  

Also, maybe BillyD can actually coach?  I was ready to give up on him recently, but maybe some of the players were just uncoachable.  On a related note, Westbrook comes back to OKC tomorrow night for the first time. 
Yeah, it is certainly interesting now that they are no longer so heliocentric.  The starting lineup is not bad and the overall rotation is decent.  They would easily be a playoff team in the East.  They just seem to play good, solid ball, which works fairly well in the regular season.

only problem is that you MIGHT just end up sending the Sixers this year's first...

i  feel like drummond is another guy that would have been great in the 90s but that game has passed him by now take that to the bank bromigos

Yeah, it is certainly interesting now that they are no longer so heliocentric.  The starting lineup is not bad and the overall rotation is decent.  They would easily be a playoff team in the East.  They just seem to play good, solid ball, which works fairly well in the regular season.

only problem is that you MIGHT just end up sending the Sixers this year's first...
I believe the Thunder are still over the cap also, so they will have to trade someone.  There's no reason to pay the tax for a 6-8 seed.  

Don't sleep on Christian Wood.   I like his game a lot. If they decide to move Drummond- I think he would start to shine pretty dang quick.  
yeah, but he's even worse on defense and feel.  talented offensive player for sure, but doesn't seem to be able to contribute to winning basketball.  could be fantasy-relevant though.

yeah, but he's even worse on defense and feel.  talented offensive player for sure, but doesn't seem to be able to contribute to winning basketball.  could be fantasy-relevant though.
He’s still so young and I think his body will continue to grow to where he will have a bigger impact on the defensive side.  I personally am not a fan of Drummonds defensive ability at all.  He puts up video game rebounding numbers—but literally no opposing center in the league is fearful of him.  The Lakers bigs just dominated him.   He reminds me of when Kevin Love was on the Wolves and having amazing statistical seasons.   He played the game in a way where he put up big numbers—but he didn’t intimidate any of his opponents.  Drummond to me is nothing but hollow stats.  If they can move on from him and get anything halfway decent in return—I think they should.  

He’s still so young and I think his body will continue to grow to where he will have a bigger impact on the defensive side.  I personally am not a fan of Drummonds defensive ability at all.  He puts up video game rebounding numbers—but literally no opposing center in the league is fearful of him.  The Lakers bigs just dominated him.   He reminds me of when Kevin Love was on the Wolves and having amazing statistical seasons.   He played the game in a way where he put up big numbers—but he didn’t intimidate any of his opponents.  Drummond to me is nothing but hollow stats.  If they can move on from him and get anything halfway decent in return—I think they should.  
i'm all for moving on from drummond.

wood is 24, so not crazy young at this point.  he was initially a process Sixer, so I have been interested in him for a while.

sixers moved on from him, as have 3 other teams now.  i don't know, he could figure it out, just really would bet hard against it at this point.

Long Ball Larry said:
i'm all for moving on from drummond.

wood is 24, so not crazy young at this point.  he was initially a process Sixer, so I have been interested in him for a while.

sixers moved on from him, as have 3 other teams now.  i don't know, he could figure it out, just really would bet hard against it at this point.
I don't think the Pistons have any choice but to move on from Drummond, right? I would think someone would be willing to give them something for him. Pick up an extra draft pick.

I would think they could get something for Rose too. 

Boston with two straight losses.  Kemba finally back from illness and then gets ejected to end a nice run by the Cs to start the second half.  He got leveled on a screen by Aldridge and started yelling at the refs for the no call.  Then Stevens even got a T.  Spurs shot 5 straight FTs to end the run and Boston never got within striking distance again.

oh my god :lmao:  

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

After stunning players in a film session with a verbal suggestion that they were no longer playing “like a bunch of thugs,” Cavaliers coach John Beilein reached out individually to players tonight to insist he meant to use the word “slugs.” Story on ESPN: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28450077/john-beilein-apologizes-cavs-says-meant-call-players-slugs-not-thugs

10:58 PM 1/8/20
JFC. Why did that guy ever leave college 

Embiid needs surgery on his hand now.  Jeez, just a day after the Eagles season ends, the injury plague moves over to the Sixers.

Embiid needs surgery on his hand now.  Jeez, just a day after the Eagles season ends, the injury plague moves over to the Sixers.
Drat. I guess Giannis is on his own in making sure the C's are kept out of the top spot in the Eastern Conference now.

Users who are viewing this thread