What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (4 Viewers)

yeah, i'll give them credit. didn't watch the game, but nice comeback.

guess it just means Sixers are only legit team in the East
I actually really appreciate your unwavering support of 76ers and hate of Celtics modogg.  It makes the board better having someone who has that passion.  I'm just an NBA fan in general, other than the Magic.

Wow, they could have three firsts.  Dubs pick unlikely to convey I think, but there’s a chance.

how you get that sixers pick from LAC?
Thought it was interesting that Woj said on his pod today that he didn’t think the Warriors had any chance at the playoffs this year. But then he turned around and said he thought the Kings would still compete for a spot even after their start, so he’s clearly delusional. 

Kings at 0-5. 

Dedmon (who is in Year 1 of a 3/40 deal) has already been passed by Richaun Holmes (2yr/10m) in the middle.

------------------

Broken left hand for Curry.

You don’t know how much more time you can give a guy than 2 years? Lol 

He’s been more than a middling bench player so far. It’s super early but he’s been one of the best players on the court when he’s been out there. 
Dude was a colossal train wreck, the likes of which had never in the history of the NBA been seen before.  Yeah, unless the Sixers were complicit in Fultz, quite literally, forgetting how to shoot a basketball then I’m going to give them a pass for “giving up on him.”

And we’ll agree to disagree on him being one of the best players on the court thus far this year.

So I've watched 2 Charlotte games do far(I know, why would I put myself through that. They just happened to be televised here.) Rozier has not looked good AT ALL, definitely seeing less of the 2018 Scary Terry and more of the gross 2019 Terry. Not that a lot of peopled loved it but that contract could end up being even more turrible than expected  :oldunsure:
Terry the Tank Commander

Bad contract considering how D Graham has looked. Could have rolled with Graham as the starter, signed a cheap backup, and not committed to 3 years at that price. But, this is MJ we are talking about, so. :shrug:  

Thought it was interesting that Woj said on his pod today that he didn’t think the Warriors had any chance at the playoffs this year. But then he turned around and said he thought the Kings would still compete for a spot even after their start, so he’s clearly delusional. 

Kings at 0-5. 

Dedmon (who is in Year 1 of a 3/40 deal) has already been passed by Richaun Holmes (2yr/10m) in the middle.

------------------

Broken left hand for Curry.
Was going to say that any Steph Curry team certainly has a chance at the playoffs but...

the general fragility of that team definitely made me take the under.

they should just shut down draymond and use the whole season as a Rio Grande like experiment.

Kings at 0-5. 

In my decades of being a Kings fan this is by far the most disappointing start ever. Apart from Holmes, who has been fantastic, every other player has been substantially worse than they were last year and Luke Walton clearly has no idea what he’s doing. They bear zero resemblance to the team that took the court last year. Even Fox is playing like a guy who is either exhausted or spent all offseason reading his own press. 

So Matheise Thybulle leads the league in steals and deflections. I listen to 2 NBA podcasts who list 7-8 potential rookie of the year applicants, and not one mention of Thybulle.

I get the ESPN generation is all dunks and high scores, but can we really justify not even considering Thybulle as ROY if he leads the entire league in a few categories?

So Matheise Thybulle leads the league in steals and deflections. I listen to 2 NBA podcasts who list 7-8 potential rookie of the year applicants, and not one mention of Thybulle.

I get the ESPN generation is all dunks and high scores, but can we really justify not even considering Thybulle as ROY if he leads the entire league in a few categories?
Let him just play man. ROtY is always about points and offensive presence. Thybulle is contributing mostly on defense right now which is awesome to see. Unless he starts averaging 15-20 a game to go with it though, he ain't winning.

yeah, but they probably know how to spell his name.

Luke Walton clearly has no idea what he’s doing. 
Overall Walton seems like a very solid top assistant, but the jury is definitely still out on him as a head coach.  His rotations can be baffling at times.

I listen to 2 NBA podcasts who list 7-8 potential rookie of the year applicants, and not one mention of Thybulle.
You need to find more/better podcasts then.  Thybulle was heavily discussed as a rookie to watch.  ??  He was often listed as one of the best defenders to enter the draft.  I don't believe anybody was or is sleeping on him (besides maybe ESPN, couldn't say either way there).

Jimmy Butler scored 5 points against the Hawks but had a +/- of +21

Herro, Nunn, Butler, etc....Heat got some players boys

:lmao:  Jaxson Hayes.....welcome to playing against men down low.

Guy has zero shot against Jokic. Maybe in a couple years kid. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimmy Butler scored 5 points against the Hawks but had a +/- of +21

Herro, Nunn, Butler, etc....Heat got some players boys
Butler did have 9 rebounds, 11 assists and 6 steals.

The real story is rookies Kendrick Nunn and Tyler Herro who have combined for 194 points this season. The only pair of rookie teammates with more points through the team's first 5 games of a season were Wilt Chamberlain and Joe Ruklick in 1959. Wilt accounted for 182 of the duo's 196 points. @EliasSports

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1190091402929147904

Why are all these fans so excited about a ##### slapping comp by KAT and Joel. KAT suckered him in a mile away you could see it. Embiid needs to control his emotions better. You could see Horford was more upset with Embiid than anything. I think one of the big reasons he was brought in was to help get Embiid to Mature. 

Embiid doing all this talking yet is either injured or MIA during the playoffs. Dude you've missed almost 2 1/2 seasons of your 5 yr career. You haven't done #### yet and if it wasn't for Butler your team would've been one and done vs the Nets 

Also such a ##### move by Simmons with the choke hold. He's lucky he wasn't fined or suspended. Back in the 90s next time he drives to the lane he'd have been getting a nice clothes line. But that's typical of a lot of NBA players today. A bunch of softies. That was barely a brawl Wednesday night. That was like in hockey where the two teams huddle around the goalie and you have guys just hugging each other. At worse the two guys are thrown in the box for instigating or roughing. Someone bring Artest in to show these clowns how to fight. 

This is a fight in the NBA

This was definitely a fight

Bad Boy Pistons and Bulls fighting

Pitcher Kyle Farnsworth shows the basics and good form of a take down and ground a pound

These are fights. That was just two Gus hugging it out 

Insein said:
I've noticed this too and it's fantastic. Guys need to just start jumping out if the way to give the other guy the TO still.
I don't think a shot-clock violation actually counts as an individual turnover, but its a game the players like to play anyway.  

Good god Harden just looks off.  He just looks slower and he's not getting a lot of lift on his shots.  It's certainly not deterring him from shooting though.  I can't tell if he's not in peak shape or if there is something more.  

Users who are viewing this thread