What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (5 Viewers)

I get it's fun to bash the Knicks (well deserved under Dolan), but that Julius Randle contract is a very good signing.  He's seriously underrated, the money is fine, and the 3rd year team option is huge.
I like the Randle deal. I'd take him straight up over Vucevic.

Too bad the Suns gave up #6 overall for contract year Saric :lmao:  then overpaid a low usage PG Rubio that can't shoot. Much rather would have Coby White& cheap vet PG + Randle >>> Contract year Saric & Rubio.

Wouldn't at all be surprised if Randle were an All Star with the Knicks this year consider they've got nothing else but a rookie Barrett.

I think the Knicks will be better than last year, although that's not saying much. I like the Randall signing. I wish the Celtics had gotten him. I did figure he was going to be too expensive for them because of last year's production.

i don't think it's crazy to have some trepidation about KD.  and I think that Randle and Taj have their place.

but you tank and strip down the team and open up all this space and then you won't give KD the money, especially if it might mean getting Kyrie as well, and then you just light your money on fire and waste it all away at a position where you already have a nice up and coming player to basically fill the same role.  what is the plan here?

I felt Jimmy was more important to the team than Harris. Sixers needed that killer. But sixers gave up less in my view for Butler, so hopefully they got pieces better than Cov and Saric and still have space to get some pieces. 

i don't think it's crazy to have some trepidation about KD.  and I think that Randle and Taj have their place.

but you tank and strip down the team and open up all this space and then you won't give KD the money, especially if it might mean getting Kyrie as well, and then you just light your money on fire and waste it all away at a position where you already have a nice up and coming player to basically fill the same role.  what is the plan here?
I think Durant makes less sense from the Knicks perspective, given that they're not getting anyone else major to go there. If you can land Irving and you have a good core like the Nets do, makes sense. And I think GS really had no other option but to try and get him as well, with the hopes that maybe they can squeeze out one more title. They're already there, and they already don't have many other moves left with Curry and Thompson making so much money, so no sense quitting now.

But I can see how the Achilles injury would change their thinking. Don't get me wrong, the Knicks are historically stupid, but I don't think Durant's necessarily a 100% lock to return the value of that contract. Neither is Thompson, for that matter.

First there was conversation about Leonard joining Durant on the Clippers. Then there was conversation about Leonard joining Butler on the Clippers.

I think this is working out nicely for Lakers. I don’t believe he’d go to the Clippers unless another great player was going there and now that’s gone. Unless he stays in Toronto, the Lakers make logical sense for him. 

Dang, Al! That's a gut punch. I would have preferred anywhere but there. That team is going to be interesting to say the least. Maybe they just didn't want anybody that could guard Embiid left out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the veteran presence Horford brings and he's a legitimate back up 5 for Joel. Obviously I see them using him at the 4.

Statement from Knicks president Steve Mills:

"While we understand that some Knicks fans could be disappointed with tonight's news, we continue to be upbeat and confident in our plans to rebuild the Knicks to compete for championships in the future, through both the draft and targeted free agents."

First there was conversation about Leonard joining Durant on the Clippers. Then there was conversation about Leonard joining Butler on the Clippers.

I think this is working out nicely for Lakers. I don’t believe he’d go to the Clippers unless another great player was going there and now that’s gone. Unless he stays in Toronto, the Lakers make logical sense for him. 
I agree. And, if so, Clippers are huge losers this offseason.

Using HoopsRumors' rankings, the only top 20 guys left are Leonard, Russell, and Cousins. Then you start getting into the Marcus Morris/Bobby Portis level.

Users who are viewing this thread