What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (6 Viewers)

Nets need to flip a couple minor guys. A smart team will bid on Kurucs I think. 
So "according to a Nets insider," Kyrie and KD have agreed to take slightly less than the full max in order to make accommodations for the rest of the roster - that would be pretty big IMO, Kurucs in particular is a nice young depth piece that you'd hate to trade away. 

Statement from Knicks president Steve Mills:

While we understand that some Knicks fans could be disappointed with tonight's news, we continue to be upbeat and confident in our plans to rebuild the Knicks to compete for championships in the future, through both the draft and targeted free agents
:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:  

Yeahhhh! Just like the last 20 years of rebuilding. It's gonna happen soon folks! Just give us another draft or 2! TITLES GALORE coming up. REALLY!

We'll see how Milwaukee replaces Brogdon. Philly basically swapped Reddick and Butler for Horford and Ricardson which could be a wash, worse, or better. On paper it seems to make Philly better defensively but worse on offense.
Great analysis, Shaq.

RETURN OF THE MILK DUD?

Michael Scotto @MikeAScotto

In addition to the expected additions of Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, DeAndre Jordan and Garrett Temple, Jared Dudley remains interested in re-signing with the Nets, a league source told @TheAthleticNYC. Dudley was a strong locker room presence for Brooklyn last season.

6:44 PM - Jun 30, 2019

gotta give elton credit.

i don't know if this is really going to work, but these are big moves with big upside and he got creative and they still have room and they still have the MLE, I think.
I don’t know either. Horford seems a bit out of his modern NBA position at 4 in their playoff lineup and I’m not sure where the half court initiation is coming from. JJ has a ton of gravity and obviously Butler was their off the dribble guy. They have to be in win now mode, but even the bad front offices in the league were scared off the fourth year of Horford’s deal. 

I think they’ll only have the room exception, not the MLE, because they signed Horford into space. 

Great call LBL. Where does this leave the Celts in regards to the ability to sign a big?  
I think they have $5 million left, though $15 if they were to renounce Marcus Morris.

Still have the MLE, so either way, they should be able to get someone decent.  Willie Cauley Stein or Looney could be interesting.  maybe even cousins.

Damn good deal by the Sixers to get Miami's best player in a sign-and-trade. And one that's locked into a very good contract for 3 more years.

Not crazy about paying Horford that amount of coin for 4 years but think that's offset by getting Richardson's contract. 

They had Harris last year.  And while adequate, neither Horford nor Richardson are great shooters...nowhere near Reddick at least.  
i am aware that they had Harris, but only for part of the year and they never really integrated everyone.  I agree that Reddick helped to create a lot and he is a loss.  But I think that now they have 3 willing shooters, whereas Butler really wasn't.

I don't know, it will be complicated and I do wish they had kept Reddick.  I really like getting Richardson in, though.

First there was conversation about Leonard joining Durant on the Clippers. Then there was conversation about Leonard joining Butler on the Clippers.

I think this is working out nicely for Lakers. I don’t believe he’d go to the Clippers unless another great player was going there and now that’s gone. Unless he stays in Toronto, the Lakers make logical sense for him. 
The Lakers are dangerously close to having to sweat out whether they can entice Alec Burks to come start for them. If they whiff on Kawhi, that roster is going to be 3 dudes and a clown show.

Last edited by a moderator:
 Philly basically swapped Reddick and Butler for Horford and Ricardson which could be a wash, worse, or better. 

Wtf is that supposed to mean? I keep reading people act like Philly made some huge additions? They did but they also lost just as much as they added today. They shuffled the deck in a very expensive way.
i think it was the "could be a wash, worse or better" line

I don’t know either. Horford seems a bit out of his modern NBA position at 4 in their playoff lineup and I’m not sure where the half court initiation is coming from. JJ has a ton of gravity and obviously Butler was their off the dribble guy. They have to be in win now mode, but even the bad front offices in the league were scared off the fourth year of Horford’s deal. 

I think they’ll only have the room exception, not the MLE, because they signed Horford into space. 
good point.

I assume that Scott got their room exception, though based on the contract amount (2/9.8)

i am aware that they had Harris, but only for part of the year and they never really integrated everyone.  I agree that Reddick helped to create a lot and he is a loss.  But I think that now they have 3 willing shooters, whereas Butler really wasn't.

I don't know, it will be complicated and I do wish they had kept Reddick.  I really like getting Richardson in, though.
Totally agree with the bolded.

Will be fun to see how they integrate these new pieces.  

Wtf is that supposed to mean? I keep reading people act like Philly made some huge additions? They did but they also lost just as much as they added today. They shuffled the deck in a very expensive way.
There was a segment on TNT this year were Shaq said that the team could either score the same amount of points more points or less points in the second half. Bernie could not stop laughing at him because of how silly is analysis was. I was just laughing at the point where you said they could be better worse or the same.

Are we sure we like commiting to Butler in that kind of deal for Miami? I get paying a premium for him if you're on the cusp of being a top 4 team in the division, but are there other things the Heat can do that will make them something more than a 7/8 seed?

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a segment on TNT this year were Shaq said that the team could either score the same amount of points more points or less points in the second half. Bernie could not stop laughing at him because of how silly is analysis was. I was just laughing at the point where you said they could be better worse or the same.
Yes I see what you mean now. The point I was making is they spent a ton of money and may not be any better. $300 million on Harris and Horford and they very well might be worse considering Harris was already there last year and they lost Reddick and Butler. I really like Richardson but there's no guarantee that swapping Butler and Reddick for Hordford and Richardson makes them better.

My Bucks face the same dilemma. Their roster just got way more expensive and they have to find a way to replace Brogdon with a better fit / player.

In a vacuum I like Butler/Redick over Richardson/Horford. However, Horford’s personality meshes with the team so much better than Butler’s. It will be interesting.

Yes I see what you mean now. The point I was making is they spent a ton of money and may not be any better. $300 million on Harris and Horford and they very well might be worse considering Harris was already there last year and they lost Reddick and Butler. I really like Richardson but there's no guarantee that swapping Butler and Reddick for Hordford and Richardson makes them better.

My Bucks face the same dilemma. Their roster just got way more expensive and they have to find a way to replace Brogdon with a better fit / player.
Well, if they were going to lose Butler, it is the best they could do really.  They traded Covington, Saric, and dead weight and got back Richardson (is that it in the deal) and Horford.  Do they have other cap space or just the MLE left now?

Are we sure we like commiting to Butler in that kind of deal for Miami? I get paying a premium for him if you're on the cusp of being a top 4 team in the division, but are there other things the Heat can do that will make them something more than a 7/8 seed?
i honestly don't really understand it all

Well, if they were going to lose Butler, it is the best they could do really.  They traded Covington, Saric, and dead weight and got back Richardson (is that it in the deal) and Horford.  Do they have other cap space or just the MLE left now?
Not 100% sure but I gotta believe it's just the MLE now given the Horford signing. Maybe there's a TPE in the Butler deal?

Embid, Harris, Horford and Richardson.  Locked up for a while.

I'd look to move Simmons for a package.  Beverly, Shai and a #1?

Not 100% sure but I gotta believe it's just the MLE now given the Horford signing. Maybe there's a TPE in the Butler deal?
as catch pointed out above, i don't think the have the MLE since they signed horford with cap space.

i think with boban, amir and monroe renounced, they still might have like 7 mill left, though i'm not sure of all of the moving pieces with the how they will order the transactions.

how does it make them more expensive?

i think it's actually cheaper than bringing back reddick and paying butler the max.
More expensive than last year and in future years meaning less flexibility. Butler, Harris, and Reddick on expiring deals could have turned into anything. It turned into Harris, Horford, and Richardson on long term deals. The flexibility is gone, the price is higher, and the question is - are they any better?

here's what Nahmad says:

Albert Nahmad‏ @AlbertNahmad 6m6 minutes ago

More

Sixers can take Josh Richardson into cap room, at which point they’d have $27M+ in cap room when including the cap holds of Tobias Harris ($22M) and T.J. McConnell ($2M). It looks likely they can then sign Al Horford and Mike Scott into that cap room, and still have R-MLE.

Embid, Harris, Horford and Richardson.  Locked up for a while.

I'd look to move Simmons for a package.  Beverly, Shai and a #1?
They are looking to extend Simmons.

Sixers still need shooting.  Selling all of those seconds and giving up #33 instead of #34 to the Celtics still seems bad, unless I am missing something?

Deandre Jordan signing a 4/40 deal? I hope the Nets aren’t trading Harris or Dinwiddie but I have no idea how this works otherwise.

More expensive than last year and in future years meaning less flexibility. Butler, Harris, and Reddick on expiring deals could have turned into anything. It turned into Harris, Horford, and Richardson on long term deals. The flexibility is gone, the price is higher, and the question is - are they any better?
they were always going to lose the flexibility this offseason.  there might be an argument for just keeping the powder dry, but i don't think that was ever in the cards for this FO this year.

Users who are viewing this thread