What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (3 Viewers)

Man two years only for Kawhi? That OKC trade could go south really quick for the Clips. They have two years to win a title. 

Yeah super risky.   And them being the clippers kind of makes me think its not going to work out well for them
They're the Clippers. Any risk that puts them in the category of legitimate title contender, even for one season, is worth it to that franchise.

Man two years only for Kawhi? That OKC trade could go south really quick for the Clips. They have two years to win a title. 
i sincerely believe its only to line up the 10yr thing - as has been pointed out, he's cost himself a lot of dough doing his own thing the last yr or so - but league volatility does make it so that Kawhi himself can't even count on things going as expected two yrs from now

i sincerely believe its only to line up the 10yr thing - as has been pointed out, he's cost himself a lot of dough doing his own thing the last yr or so - but league volatility does make it so that Kawhi himself can't even count on things going as expected two yrs from now
Yeah, I don't think Kawhi has any intentions of leaving SoCal. 

Can we get a title change?   Its bad enough that Boogie is getting paid like a 5th of what he would've made if he would've accepted the pelicans offer.   Do we really need to kick a man when he's down?

Stunning Oubre only got that from the Suns. Victory for them in an otherwise dreadful offseason. Guy was a huge difference maker for them on both ends when they decided to start him (20 PPG, 6RPG, 2 SPG, 1BPG, 47% from field, ) in his final 12 games. Team was .500 in that span (a victory for them considering they won all of 19 all year). That was the only positive from signing Ariza last offseason :lol:  

Too bad they massively overspent on Rubio when better fits at PG got far less.

Last edited by a moderator:
Step 1:  Trade for guy who consistently shut him down

Step 2:  Stop him from eating McDonald's every day

Step 3:  Championship
It was Chick Fil A

His typical order was:  four spicy chicken sandwiches, “no pickle, no anything,” four orders of fries and four cookies and cream milkshakes. The sandwiches alone are 1,800 calories. The fries are anywhere from 1,120 to 1,840 depending on the size. Lastly, we have the milkshakes. You’re looking at 2,440 calories for the smalls and 3,120 calories for the large.

Stunning Oubre only got that from the Suns. Victory for them in an otherwise dreadful offseason. Guy was a huge difference maker for them on both ends when they decided to start him (20 PPG, 6RPG, 2 SPG, 1BPG, 47% from field, ) in his final 12 games. Team was .500 in that span (a victory for them considering they won all of 19 all year). That was the only positive from signing Ariza last offseason :lol:  

maybe, but doesn't seem like great upside value.  i think at best he plays up to that and then will need to get paid big time at the end of 2 years.  Would have been better going longer.

and no one else even gave him an offer sheet right?

The restricted free agent market was very unusual this year.  There hasn't been a single offer sheet matched by the original team.  The only player I think of that even signed a sheet giving us the will they/won't they match drama was Tyus Jones.  Seems like there was a lot more negotiating beforehand.

him (20 PPG, 6RPG, 2 SPG, 1BPG, 47% from field, ) in his final 12 games. 
ah, yes. the final handful of games in an NBA season for a losing team. the NBA equivalent of the last 1-2 games of a losing NFL team season where random players way outperform their norm, get fans hyped and then crash back to earth when the games count again.

Boston seems to be stuck with what they have right now to start the season and it is awkward.

They have 5 starting quality players at positions 1-3 (Kemba, Tatum, Hayward, Brown & Smart) and only one starting quality player for the 4 & 5 spots .  And Kanter is a defensive weakness.  That means a long term commitment to small ball or starting someone who really isn't a starting quality player.  I'm guessing it will be a continual rotation of Grant Williams, Robert Williams, Daniel Theis and maybe even Vincent Poirier to try and avoid relying solely on small ball lineups, but Hayward and Tatum will probably be guarding a lot of PF's this season.

The bench will be strong with 1 or 2 of the wings coming in with the second unit and Carsen Edwards, who I'm expecting to see have some big scoring games this season.

And I haven't even mentioned Romeo Langford yet (another wing).  He has yet to see the floor in Summer League, but will likely be given time with the second unit to learn and grow.  There is also still Tacko Fall, PJ Dozier, RJ Hunter and Brad Wannamaker available to be rostered (for 2 spots).

Here are the players locked in right now (positions are VERY fluid right now):

PG - Kemba, Edwards

SG - Brown, Smart

SF - Tatum, Langford, Ojeleye

PF - Hayward, G Williams, Theis

C - Kanter, R Williams, Poirier

Tremont Waters and Max Strus have been given 2-way contracts already.

Without a trade for a good PF to complement Kanter (i.e. plays good defense), this team's ceiling is a 3 seed in the East and a 2nd round exit.

It was Chick Fil A

His typical order was:  four spicy chicken sandwiches, “no pickle, no anything,” four orders of fries and four cookies and cream milkshakes. The sandwiches alone are 1,800 calories. The fries are anywhere from 1,120 to 1,840 depending on the size. Lastly, we have the milkshakes. You’re looking at 2,440 calories for the smalls and 3,120 calories for the large.
:lmao:

https://ytcropper.com/cropped/t25d2746d955622

The restricted free agent market was very unusual this year.  There hasn't been a single offer sheet matched by the original team.  The only player I think of that even signed a sheet giving us the will they/won't they match drama was Tyus Jones.  Seems like there was a lot more negotiating beforehand.
it really was a strange offseason overall.  it feels like most of the league really had strategized a lot for this offseason and the way that so many pieces moved around in concert was kind of amazing.  i guess with so many free agents and so much money,  most teams felt like there was a big opportunity and wanted to make sure that they didn't get left out.

Current odds to win it all:

• Los Angeles Clippers +300     
  • Los Angeles Lakers +400        
  • Milwaukee Bucks +500          
  • Philadelphia 76ers +800        
  • Golden State Warriors +1400
  • Houston Rockets +1400         
  • Denver Nuggets +1600          
  • Utah Jazz +1600         
  • Boston Celtics +2000 
  • Brooklyn Nets +2000 
  • Toronto Raptors +2000         
  • Indiana Pacers +3300
  • Dallas Mavericks +4000         
  • Portland Trail Blazers +4000 
  • Oklahoma City Thunder +5000          
  • Miami Heat +6600     
  • New Orleans Pelicans +6600 
  • San Antonio Spurs +6600    
Feel like the Pacers are being extremely disrespected there (behind the Raptors, Nets & Boston?).  They are better than all 3 of those teams right now.  I also think the Warriors and Rockets have value as teams with better chances than their odds showing here.

ETA:  I feel like the 3 teams I mentioned should be more like Pacers +1800, Rockets +800, Warriors +1000.

• Milwaukee Bucks +500          
  • Houston Rockets +1400         
  • Denver Nuggets +1600          
  • Utah Jazz +1600         
  • Boston Celtics +2000 
  • Brooklyn Nets +2000 
  • Toronto Raptors +2000         
  • Indiana Pacers +3300
  • Dallas Mavericks +4000         
  • Miami Heat +6600     
Feel like the Pacers are being extremely disrespected there (behind the Raptors, Nets & Boston?).  They are better than all 3 of those teams right now.  I also think the Warriors and Rockets have value as teams with better chances than their odds showing here.

ETA:  I feel like the 3 teams I mentioned should be more like Pacers +1800, Rockets +800, Warriors +1000.
Pacers may be better than them now but these are odds to win the title. Raptors are defending champs, Nets may get KD back come playoff time and Boston played better two years ago without Khyrie. It's very unlikely the Pacers win the title with all the other teams they have to go through.

ah, yes. the final handful of games in an NBA season for a losing team. the NBA equivalent of the last 1-2 games of a losing NFL team season where random players way outperform their norm, get fans hyped and then crash back to earth when the games count again.
It wasn't their final 12 games. Then again I wouldnt expect you to actually research that :lol:

I have a real tough time evaluating some of these former Wizards. I’ve seen Oubre suck for a number of years, I’m not sure I’m sold he’s a solid starter based on his success in Phoenix at the end of the year. I have a similar issue with Otto Porter; you’ll never convince me he’s a major difference maker even though analytically he’s like a top 30 player.  

It wasn't their final 12 games. Then again I wouldnt expect you to actually research that :lol:
ah, i see. he was "inactive" the last 9 games.  https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/oubreke01/gamelog/2019

he did post a net -14 plus/minus in the final 12 games you're using as a sample. that's good, right?

on a team that went 19 - 63, it's a mighty impressive feat to put up 17ppg. almost nobody can do that.

his player comps to this point of his career are equally impressive, including NBA luminaries such as MIke Sweetney, Solomon Hill and Scott Williams .

• Milwaukee Bucks +500          
  • Houston Rockets +1400         
  • Denver Nuggets +1600          
  • Utah Jazz +1600         
  • Boston Celtics +2000 
  • Brooklyn Nets +2000 
  • Toronto Raptors +2000         
  • Indiana Pacers +3300
  • Dallas Mavericks +4000         
  • Miami Heat +6600     

Clippers and Lakers way too high.  Nuggets, Blazers, and Rockets too low

It was Chick Fil A

It really makes you wonder how much shaq ate.

Yeah he was tremendous for them. His energy was infectious to the team. That Milwaukee home game he was the best player on the court that night.  He was the one guy I thought they had to bring back.  Win/win for both he and the team. He got his first big money deal. And he has the incentive to keep improving for his next deal. He'll still just be 25 at the end of this deal. Really reasonable deal in a league where Tobias Harris got $180 mil / $36 mil per year.  Really just remarkable when you actually look at it. 

Sixers really need to nab one of Korver, Sefalosha, or Jamal Crawford (my order of preference) to complete their bench.  Zhaire and Thybulle have looked good in Summer League though, but they still need a vet who can come in and play with confidence and shoot the spot up 3 or on a handoff. 

Yeah he was tremendous for them. His energy was infectious to the team. That Milwaukee home game he was the best player on the court that night.  He was the one guy I thought they had to bring back.  Win/win for both he and the team. He got his first big money deal. And he has the incentive to keep improving for his next deal. He'll still just be 25 at the end of this deal. Really reasonable deal in a league where Tobias Harris got $180 mil / $36 mil per year.  Really just remarkable when you actually look at it. 
Is BearsMan a Suns fan?  What a world

Sixers really need to nab one of Korver, Sefalosha, or Jamal Crawford (my order of preference) to complete their bench.  Zhaire and Thybulle have looked good in Summer League though, but they still need a vet who can come in and play with confidence and shoot the spot up 3 or on a handoff. 
An empty chair is better than Crawford imo.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

The Oklahoma City Thunder have agreed to trade Russell Westbrook to the Houston Rockets for Chris Paul, first-round picks in 2024 and 2026, pick swaps in 2021 and 2025, league sources tell ESPN.

Users who are viewing this thread