Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Capella

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste

Let’s still keep the Wiggins bashing to a minimum in here guys. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 3

@ShamsCharania

Knicks are in significant talks to move Marcus Morris to the Clippers for Moe Harkless and other assets, league sources tell

@TheAthleticNBA

@Stadium

. Lakers have informed Knicks that Kyle Kuzma has been removed from discussions, sources said.

@ShamsCharania

Morris and Harkless both expect for deal to close and end up with Clippers and Knicks, respectively, league sources said. Knicks and Clippers working finer details of the deal.

UPDATE: 

@ShamsCharania

Sources: Knicks have agreement in principle to trade Marcus Morris to the Clippers.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

@wojespn

Minnesota has joined the Miami-Memphis deal -- and will trade Gorgui Dieng for James Johnson, league source tells ESPN.

16 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Pistons trading Andre Drummond to Cavaliers, league sources tell

@TheAthleticNBA

@Stadium

Future second-round pick to the Pistons -- lesser of Golden State or Cleveland's 2023 pick, source tells ESPN. Knight and Henson too.

:lol: Harsh reality check for the Pistons.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

Drummond to Cleveland!

I sort of get the point of this trade for the Pistons. Though its disappointing they got almost nothing in return.

What's the point for Cleveland?

@wojespn

The Clippers, Knicks and Wizards have agreed to a three-team trade that will land Marcus Morris and Isaiah Thomas with the Clippers, league sources tell ESPN. Jerome Robinson will join the Wizards, Moe Harkless and a 2020 first-round pick to the Knicks.

:lol: Drummond feels like a rage trade. 

It's obvious bigs that can't space are available all over the league but to only get that for your "franchise player" is funny. 

Not at all surprised that's what they had to accept. I'm just surprised they actually went through with it.

Also why I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the deal Houston made. Capela's a good center but can't space and is replaceable there in that system. AND they got a valuable asset that fits them with Covington. Small ball's the only shot they've got IMO (even if remote). Pull Davis/Jokic/Gobert out and let Harden/Westbrook do their thing :thumbup:  And I think there's a good likelihood of a PF/C being bought out to give them a few minutes here and there. 

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

On 2/5/2020 at 12:17 PM, General Malaise said:

Feel like Vonleh has already suited up for half of the NBA teams and he's, what, 24?  He used to start for Portland.  Odd league, this.

Shabazz Napier now falls into the same camp

5 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

:lol: Drummond

Not at all surprised that's what they had to accept. I'm just surprised they actually went through with it.

I guess, but good on them for biting the bullet

9 minutes ago, whoknew said:

I sort of get the point of this trade for the Pistons. Though its disappointing they got almost nothing in return.

It's best not to try to understand Cleveland's logic.  

What is there not to get for the Pistons?  He is totally worthless to them this year and no reason to have him clog up the books next year.

BIG MOVE

@wojespn

Philadelphia has traded James Ennis to Magic for a second-round pick, league source tells ESPN.

pending Ennis approval

Sixers trade Ennis to Magic for a 2nd rounder. 

i think an early exit this year will dictate a trade of Simmons and Horford with Brett Brown hitting the street as well. His legacy is tied to Simmons IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

It's best not to try to understand Cleveland's logic.  

What is there not to get for the Pistons?  He is totally worthless to them this year and no reason to have him clog up the books next year.

For the Pistons - I just don't think they are going to spend that money next year. So this just makes them a worse, less interesting team to watch for its fans (i.e., me). For what? What is a 2nd round NBA pick worth?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, whoknew said:

For the Pistons - I just don't think they are going to spend that money next year. So this just makes them a worse, less interesting team to watch for its fans (i.e., me). For what? What is a 2nd round NBA pick worth?

if that GS 2nd is this year, either of those 2nds is actually somewhat valuable.

Even if one concedes that Drummond adds to wins, do you really care about the team getting to 29 wins rather than 25?  That team needs to be torn down.

Edited by Long Ball Larry

31 minutes ago, whoknew said:

In realization that no one will sign with them of their own volition, get he & Love playing together for a while, teach the new new PG the PnR while the old new PG gets Wiggy with it, and offer to max Drummond w Bird rights this summer.

3 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

In realization that no one will sign with them of their own volition, get he & Love playing together for a while, teach the new new PG the PnR while the old new PG gets Wiggy with it, and offer to max Drummond w Bird rights this summer.

Is Drummond a max player in today's NBA?

• Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, whoknew said:

was he ever brohan take that to the bank 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Clippers will not be keeping Isaiah Thomas after acquiring him on Thursday, according to David Aldridge.

While it's possible he could be heading elsewhere, the more likely scenario is that he'll be cut and then become a free agent, free to sign with any team. There wasn't a lot of room for Thomas in L.A., although he could have come in handy if Patrick Beverley's groin injury keeps him out.

SOURCE: David Aldridge on Twitter

Ouch. 

Tristan Thompson will not be bought out and is expected to play out the rest of the season for the Cavaliers.

Several teams will likely be disappointed to hear this, but for now it sounds like Thompson will back up Andre Drummond for the rest of the year. His fantasy value is likely toast now that Drummond is a Cavalier.

SOURCE: David Aldridge on Twitter

Feb 6, 2020, 3:41 PM ET

Remains to be seen IMO

38 minutes ago, whoknew said:

there are at most 3-4 players deserving of 40% of cap. there will be 20 who've received/will receive same by the end of the CBA. there are no max players on the Cav horizon, so....

1 hour ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

@wojespn

The Clippers, Knicks and Wizards have agreed to a three-team trade that will land Marcus Morris with the Clippers.

https://youtu.be/d24ZpzoZkQE?t=22

1 hour ago, Long Ball Larry said:
On 2/5/2020 at 12:17 PM, General Malaise said:

Feel like Vonleh has already suited up for half of the NBA teams and he's, what, 24?  He used to start for Portland.  Odd league, this.

Shabazz Napier now falls into the same camp

Same draft class too

Wow, OKC made no moves.  Presti vs Pat Riley today on the phones would have been fun to hear.  

As a fan, happy to keep the team together.  

3 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Heat and Clippers are pretty great organizations

And the Wolves

Per Sources: Devin Booker has already spoken to Towns + Russell. Minnesota will go big for Booker in the summer and he plans to request a trade to join them. Minnesota won’t hesitate in giving up picks + Culver.

• Love 2

5 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

Per Sources: Devin Booker has already spoken to Towns + Russell. Minnesota will go big for Booker in the summer and he plans to request a trade to join them. Minnesota won’t hesitate in giving up picks + Culver.

Was going to crack a joke about the defensive prowess of a DLo/Booker/Towns lineup but I probably need to wait for Brooklyn to stop giving up 112 ppg first.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whoknew said:

Add them to the holy trilogy of awful "rebuilding" teams based in Detroit. Worst part is that doesn't even include the Lions.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

And the Wolves

not just anyone can change out 60% of their roster in a 2-week period during the middle of the season

• Love 1

Embiid and Ben on opposite teams for the All Star Game. Should be interesting.

5 minutes ago, Insein said:

Embiid and Ben on opposite teams for the All Star Game. Should be interesting.

i call b.s. on this, but it is nice to dream that the Sixers' front office might have an actual plan for this team:

Eric Sidewater@SixersScience

I'm hearing that one main reason Elton Brand didn't make a big splash at the deadline was that @RealDealBeal23 was ineligible to be traded until the offseason.

5 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Not familiar with McRae.

Apparently the Lakers big plan is to lure Darren Collison out of retirement and sign J.R. Smith.

Championship.

6 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

Apparently the Lakers big plan is to lure Darren Collison out of retirement and sign J.R. Smith.

Championship.

Collison would have cost $15 million last offseason had he not retired, that’s actually a pretty big get for them. 

• Like 1

well, glad Sixers opted to keep Horford so that he could stop Giannis. Money well spent

Edited by modogg