What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (4 Viewers)

Every SINGLE Blazers game in the bubble has been close.  Such a waste of talent by Lillard.  Not sure why Nurk and Collins are the suck lately, so soft and missing multiple gimme layups.  

I also think opponents have shot over 45% combined from 3 against Portland so they have had some bad luck despite their terrible defense.

So if Portland wins tonight they play the Grizzle and it they lose, the Suns do. DRAMA 

Wait....what?!  I thought 8 had 2 chances to beat 9?
If Portland loses they are out and the Suns play the Grizzlies is what he’s saying. Portland goes from 8 to 10 with a loss. 
Sorry, thought he was saying if Portland wins tonight they play the Grizzel, and THEN IF THEY LOSE AGAINST THE GRIZZLE the Suns get the next game for win-n-in vs Memphis.  Bad reading by me.

Also, Suns are in because GM is right and PDX SUCKS BUTT.

ETA: Vodka stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Blazers were up against it the past two games with Dallas and the Nets playing starters the whole game trying to win.  Suns got cake walk last two games playing against scrubs.
Blazers LOST to Clips minus Kawhi, beat Dallas, and survived vs a  G-league level Nets team tonight.

DONE.

Lakers won't care enough to sweep.  4-2 Lebrom.

Blazers LOST to Clips minus Kawhi, beat Dallas, and survived vs a  G-league level Nets team tonight.

DONE.

Lakers won't care enough to sweep.  4-2 Lebrom.
That G level Nets team beat Clippers and Lakers I believe.  They played well.  

Blazers will make it interesting against the Lakers assuming they get a chance.  All it takes is AD or Lebron to struggle as they have not been a great offensive team.  

Either way, having the NBA back on TV has been great.  

Unfortunate won't get the opportunity. Clearly they best of the 3 right now. 

Grizzlies lack firepower without JJJ. Portland's one of the worst team defenses in NBA history. You see better effort on defense at YMCA rec games 
No, Portland is better than the Suns right now.  Blazers have better talent than the Suns for sure, but agree the Suns have been playing very well.

Sixers signing Horford to that deal was such a mistake. They should have traded Simmons for CP3 and kept Butler and Redick. Those 3 with Embiid and Harris at the 4 would have been something to see. 

In news that should surprise no one, Bulls fire Boylen.
There were some questions about the Reinsdorfs being cheap and wanting to keep him at least until there was more clarity about next season and future revenues.  Although I'm not "surprised", I wasn't certain he'd be fired.  

Boylen certainly seemed to be a below average coach.  It shouldn't be hard to find someone better.

There were some questions about the Reinsdorfs being cheap and wanting to keep him at least until there was more clarity about next season and future revenues.  Although I'm not "surprised", I wasn't certain he'd be fired.  

Boylen certainly seemed to be a below average coach.  It shouldn't be hard to find someone better.
i know there were rumors about Ime Udoka, which might make some sense due to the connection with Eversley.  I would think Chris Finch would be on a short list if the Pels don't promote him, given the Nuggets connection.

i know there were rumors about Ime Udoka, which might make some sense due to the connection with Eversley.  I would think Chris Finch would be on a short list if the Pels don't promote him, given the Nuggets connection.
Yes, Ime Udoka is certainly someone they are interested in.  What's your opinion of him?  I haven't heard Finch's name.  It sounds like it will be a slow hiring process.  They certainly have plenty of time.

Adrian Griffin had been mentioned quite a bit before but he was just accused of domestic battery so that probably changes things.

Yes, Ime Udoka is certainly someone they are interested in.  What's your opinion of him?  I haven't heard Finch's name.  It sounds like it will be a slow hiring process.  They certainly have plenty of time.

Adrian Griffin had been mentioned quite a bit before but he was just accused of domestic battery so that probably changes things.
everyone says good things about Udoka, but honestly, the Sixers' defense was not as good as expected this year and that was supposed to be his responsibility.  I'm sure it's not all his fault, just saying that I would be more enthusiastic if that went better.  Also, I wonder why he thought coming to the Sixers was better for him than the Spurs and why the Spurs would let him go if they thought he was that good.  I guess that he may have just thought that the Sixers' situation would be better for him to raise his profile and get to a better spot (either taking over for Brown or going elsewhere) than trying to re-build with the Spurs (and maybe Pop said that he has no real plan to leave).  Just all the pieces put together don't make him seem like a slam dunk to me.

I had also thought that Atkinson might be a decent choice to really help build their culture, though I wonder if he will run into a similar situation where he seemingly can't win at the highest level, and the Bulls may be too far along in their timeline for that.  Although maybe if the Bulls don't bring in 2 highly mercurial superstars, he could be given the chance.  I see that Woj has just tweeted his name out.

Finch is considered one of the top offensive strategists in the league and helped build up that Nuggets offense and did some interesting stuff with the Pels, especially with the AD-Cousins pairing (IMO).

Sixers signing Horford to that deal was such a mistake. They should have traded Simmons for CP3 and kept Butler and Redick. Those 3 with Embiid and Harris at the 4 would have been something to see. 
The Horford signing doesn't look great right now, but the huge trade for Tobias Harris followed up by a huge contract for him is considerably worse.  That double-dip of poor decision-making had a huge opportunity cost in talent (Shamet), draft picks, and cap space...the poor GM trifecta.

Don’t forget giving a ton of money to a guard who literally can’t shoot a 3 and won’t ever improve on it. 

The Horford signing doesn't look great right now, but the huge trade for Tobias Harris followed up by a huge contract for him is considerably worse.  That double-dip of poor decision-making had a huge opportunity cost in talent (Shamet), draft picks, and cap space...the poor GM trifecta.
I actually like Tobias Harris a lot as a player and more so as a person. They needed to keep Butler and let Simmons go for value. 

Leeroy Jenkins said:
I actually like Tobias Harris a lot as a player and more so as a person. They needed to keep Butler and let Simmons go for value. 
Good player and a good guy, but Harris doesn’t provide anywhere near the value that they gave up for him in the trade and the contract though.

Leeroy Jenkins said:
 They should have traded Simmons for CP3 and kept Butler and Redick. Those 3 with Embiid and Harris at the 4 would have been something to see. 
I'm excited for the Simmons to OKC, Horford to a 3rd team, and CP3 to Sixers rumors to start flying

This sideline camera angle is the best angle I think I’ve ever seen. Hopefully they can keep that when the court side seats come back. 

I know the Blazers have a bad defense but it is effing comical how much their opponents make threes in the bubble.  Coming in to today opponents where shooting 45% from 3.  Today the Grizzlies are shooting 58% from 3.  What a joke.

I know the Blazers have a bad defense but it is effing comical how much their opponents make threes in the bubble.  Coming in to today opponents where shooting 45% from 3.  Today the Grizzlies are shooting 58% from 3.  What a joke.
I mean that Clarke guy has been wide open from the same exact spot 3 times in the last 5 minutes of game time. What do you expect to happen?

I mean that Clarke guy has been wide open from the same exact spot 3 times in the last 5 minutes of game time. What do you expect to happen?
For him not to be 4-5 from three.  He is a career 36% 3 point shooter and he looks like Dale Ellis out there.

Clarke has never made more than 2 3's in a game and made 4 in the 3rd quarter.   :lmao:

For him not to be 4-5 from three.  He is a career 36% 3 point shooter and he looks like Dale Ellis out there.

Clarke has never made more than 2 3's in a game and made 4 in the 3rd quarter.   :lmao:
He’s a professional NBA player being left alone for the easiest 3-point shot there is. The bigger surprise is that he missed one. 

Ja Morant is - for my money - the most exciting young player in the game.  Wow....

Memphis is going to be a studly soon.  Fun team to watch.

Hoping for a fun series vs LA.  Very low expectations but I think it will be entertaining. 

Ja Morant is - for my money - the most exciting young player in the game.  Wow....

Memphis is going to be a studly soon.  Fun team to watch.

Hoping for a fun series vs LA.  Very low expectations but I think it will be entertaining. 
Agree with your sentiments on Ja and the future of the grizzlies. Jonas is a solid big, jaren Jackson has a lot of upside, Clark is a sleeper, and ja is a franchise player. I like their outlook a lot. 

Also I love to see people rooting for nurkic. When he got moved to Portland I got clowned for saying that it was a huge win for Portland. Not only is he a great fit for them in regards to his style of game but his swag; emotion; and passion for his teammates is immeasurable. After the game when he broke his leg- dame got interviewed and was legit in tears for Nurk. He said something to the effect that Nurk would literally come to his house randomly solely to check on and play with his young son. I’d love to see the Lakers win but if they don’t— I’d rather see them lose to Portland than the clippers 

Users who are viewing this thread