What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (5 Viewers)

I think the Warriors should take Toppin. Wiseman's going to really cramp their spacing if you play him together with Green, and he's going to be targeted on PNR incessantly. Toppin can shoot, run PNR, and score inside on smaller defenders.

Edwards leaves them pretty small, Ball's shooting has a ways to go and his dad's a pain in the ###, and probably needs the ball in his hands more. Toppin makes a lot of sense. Or maybe the Israeli cat, but I don't know much about him.
it's a really ####ed up situation because Deni or Obi have somewhat low upsides are probably the best fits almost any team just based on their size and skill sets which can scale on any team anywhere, whereas Ball/Wiseman/Edwards have the highest upside and the chance to actually star, but a pretty low chance of actually getting there and a long path to do so.

it's a really ####ed up situation because Deni or Obi have somewhat low upsides are probably the best fits almost any team just based on their size and skill sets which can scale on any team anywhere, whereas Ball/Wiseman/Edwards have the highest upside and the chance to actually star, but a pretty low chance of actually getting there and a long path to do so.
and I also think that this puts the Bulls in a great position.  I would be shocked if more than 1 of the top 3 falls out of the top 3, so the Bulls should be able to choose anyone that they think will fit well and help to connect their many interesting young players, none of whom is really a star. 

I like Brown in general but he has to go. This team is too sloppy. Not sure it is all on him, as the pieces don’t really fit and they were a few bounces from the finals last year (and had a much better team), but still. 

They really should have found a way to keep Butler and JJ and probably traded Simmons for assets. 

Can we fire Brown before game 4? Just get a head start on it. 

Same old ####. Take a lead late in the 4th then let the other team go on a 10-0 run to close it. No timeouts. No plays to get a shot. Just let it slowly slip through your fingers like usual. Good by Brett. 

I like Brown in general but he has to go. This team is too sloppy. Not sure it is all on him, as the pieces don’t really fit and they were a few bounces from the finals last year (and had a much better team), but still. 

They really should have found a way to keep Butler and JJ and probably traded Simmons for assets. 
disagree with moving Simmons, but certainly would have been interesting if the organization would have followed the fanbase's call of "run it back". not sure how Butler and Simmons would have done throughout the year, but would have liked to see how the team would have been this year

Can we fire Brown before game 4? Just get a head start on it. 

Same old ####. Take a lead late in the 4th then let the other team go on a 10-0 run to close it. No timeouts. No plays to get a shot. Just let it slowly slip through your fingers like usual. Good by Brett. 
I was wondering if they had time-outs left, and why they didn't take one.

disagree with moving Simmons, but certainly would have been interesting if the organization would have followed the fanbase's call of "run it back". not sure how Butler and Simmons would have done throughout the year, but would have liked to see how the team would have been this year
The funny thing is, if they had told Ben to play the 4 and let Jimmy be the point, Butler probably stays. We let Tobias walk. Horford not even a thought. But nope. Had to stick to that winning formula. 

I'm still thoroughly unimpressed with Brett Brown's coaching.  That team has the talent to go to to toe with Milwaukee, but they are too inconsistent.
:coffee:

Another postseason, the same story.  Philly has had the pieces, just not the right leader for 3 years now.  Not saying they would have won the championship, but switch rosters with Stevens and Brown, and you'd have a completely different result in this series, with or without Simmons.  (I also guarantee you that Stevens would have Simmons shooting 3's by now as well).

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as the Celtics go, right now I give them a 40% chance to get past Toronto and a 5% chance they make the Finals. 

Without Hayward, they are too shallow and too small on defense and the boards, plus they are going to miss him facilitating the offense at times.   Brown, Tatum and Walker will all have to be on their A-games every night to make it to the Finals.

As far as the Celtics go, right now I give them a 40% chance to get past Toronto and a 5% chance they make the Finals. 

Without Hayward, they are too shallow and too small on defense and the boards, plus they are going to miss him facilitating the offense at times.   Brown, Tatum and Walker will all have to be on their A-games every night to make it to the Finals.
As a Raptors fan I don’t feel confident at all and in their ability to beat the Celtics.  Just don’t have a lot of confidence in the offence.  Meanwhile I think very highly of Tatum and Brown and talent wise they are significantly better than anyone we have.  I think it will be a hard fought series and emotional one for sure as we Toronto fans hate all Boston teams.  

Are any of these series' even going to make it to 6 games!?  Damn.

Gonna be a hell of a second round though.

538 has Boston’s 50% to beat Toronto, 32% to make the finals, and 14% to win the championship. Those are the highest percentages out of any team from the East (in terms of making the finals and winning the Finals).

538 has Boston’s 50% to beat Toronto, 32% to make the finals, and 14% to win the championship. Those are the highest percentages out of any team from the East (in terms of making the finals and winning the Finals).
:lmao:  Sixers are barely a functioning NBA franchise at this point, so let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. If they somehow can get past the Raptors and Bucks, i think there is pretty much 0% chance they are beating Kawhi and the Clippers

:lmao:  Sixers are barely a functioning NBA franchise at this point, so let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. If they somehow can get past the Raptors and Bucks, i think there is pretty much 0% chance they are beating Kawhi and the Clippers
Lets not short change Miami either. They are good.

So is nba, and espn, ignoring the harrell issue?  Not on ESPN's front page and I'm not aware of any action taken yet by nba.

Oh man, that did NOT look good for Tobias Harris. Looks like he smacked his head on the ground. Lots of blood and he looks unconscious. Hope he’s ok.

Hayward's a HUGE loss. Predictably they didn't need him in their playoff tuneup to beat a directionless bottom feeding league doormat franchise like Philadelphia.

Boston-Toronto-Miami-Milwaukee is gonna be fun.

Clippers settling and missing jump shots, Mavs getting layups.

And WTF happened to Paul George? It's like he switched bodies with Melissa McCarthy.

Users who are viewing this thread