What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (5 Viewers)

Lowery as a fellow Nova guy and if they can beat Lebron or Leonard after losing Leonard, that would be a hellava thing. 
The fans are terrible... unknowledgable and band wagon jumpers.  They cheered a torn ACL, and they hate Philly and knocked us out.  Screw that! 

Heat all the way now for me.  I was Olynyk's coach in his 8th grade season so I cheer for him wherever he goes once Philly is out. 

I like Portland too but they're done.

People can agree, disagree, or not care but  538 has BOS now co-favorites to win the title with LAC. Both are at 21%. They are currently 60% to beat TOR and 41% to make the finals (highest % of any team to make the finals). Their numbers will certainly change once more games and series are played, but for some reason they are all over the Celtics. 

Anarchy99 said:
People can agree, disagree, or not care but  538 has BOS now co-favorites to win the title with LAC. Both are at 21%. They are currently 60% to beat TOR and 41% to make the finals (highest % of any team to make the finals). Their numbers will certainly change once more games and series are played, but for some reason they are all over the Celtics. 
That seems to indicate more that it’s wide open as opposed to them being all over the Celtics.

Anarchy99 said:
That’ll come down when other teams advance I believe. There is certainty in them being in round 2 already. 

Anarchy99 said:
pretty sure 538 had the Sixers winning the East before the season, so....  :shrug:

2 great games and 2 mere formalities today.  Next round should be good in the East, but there are a couple of fun first round series in the West still open.

I was aware of 538s ranking of Boston, but I just don't see them as being that strong right now.  Philly looked terrible, but maybe some of that is Boston actually being good.  I'm just enjoying the ride right now.

This season, Brown tried using the media to nudge Simmons. "You can pass this along to his agent, his family, his friends and him: I want one three-point shot a game, minimum," he told reporters following a December game in which Simmons made just his second three-pointer of the season. Simmons, who was irked by the comment, responded to Brown's plea by not launching a single three-pointer (excluding end-of-clock heaves) over his next 25 games.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2906016-how-the-philadelphia-76ers-wasted-their-once-bright-future

hard to imagine ever disliking a player more. You Sixer fans supporting him still are nuts. 

That Harris / deal and contract should be a fireable offense
Panic move...good player but not worth that type of contract...that contract and Horford’s albatross of a deal are killers...add those with the fultz pick/trade and a very bright future just hit some major roadblocks.

kodycutter said:
what?  saying ##### ### white boy ..is that a problem?   expect nothing less from the NBA.  
Doesn't fit their agenda. Didn't even acknowledge Eric Reid during his feud with Malcom Jenkins taking a cheap shot at Jenkin's QB Wentz and then saying some pretty stereotypical things of Jenkins being owned by the White Owners. I called out one of their guys when they tweeted about DeSean Jackson's comments and said yes they are bad but you guys failed to Address Eric Reid's comments towards Jenkins who were bad and how Kapernick didn't say anything. But I guess that doesn't fit your Agenda? I literally got twitter banned for a week because of it. ESPN is a literal joke though. I don't turn it on unless a game I'm interested is on. 

Leeroy Jenkins said:
Picking Simmons over Butler. Also non-good. 
Well you might get your wish. Once Brown is officially fired as Shams is tweeting it seems pretty much done, expect to hear more Simmons trade talk. One crazy rumor by Bleacher report is Artusis of Chicago has always been interested in him. The report said Coby White, Lavine, Lauri and the 4th pick to CHI for Ben. I think PHI would be fortunate to get anything close to that from anyone because everyone knows Ben's issues. He's not on a great deal, he's always hurt and can't shoot. It makes zero Sense for CHI too. 

I talked about this issue of Ben not being coachable for yrs and people just didn't listen to me. I even mentioned how he refused shooting help from his Uncle so what made 76ers fans think he'd listen to Brett Brown. What an over sensitive crybaby. Honestly I would've benched Ben if I found this out. Article even mentions how they were concerned of Ben's feelings with Butler on a new deal and having more of the ball. This dude is in the running for softest athlete in Philly ever. 

That Harris / deal and contract should be a fireable offense
Panic move after they saw Butler not want to stay. I've brought it up before that I was at a game 4 yrs ago behind basket close to 76ers bench. Some 76ers Staffer (No clue what he did but everything he said that night literally came true in media write ups after and other ideas since) was talking to a guy behind my buddy and I. He included us in the convo to a degree. I don't know if these two were friends or what. 76ers staffer was a Young Black guy maybe in his late 20s early 40s and the fan looked like he was in his 50s so maybe season ticket holder of some sorts. 

They got to talking about Jerry Colangelo. Staffer mentioned before coming to Philly officially JC used his USA Basketball connection to reach out to stars on the team from Durant/LBJ/Butler/etc to see their interest in the 76ers. This convo came up when the fan asked about the recent rumor that came up that day of Nerlens Noel to AtL or Jeff Teague or Dennis Schroader. He said Jerry concluded after meeting with these guys the 76ers had no chance in the coming yrs of big time FA summers to sign one of the top guys unless he acquired  star via trade who would extend or re-sign in Philly. Before Jerry Could accomplish that he was fired. Brand being a part of JC's staff and multiple guys still there kept with JC's philosophy on this (hence the Jimmy Butler Trade). The minute he didn't resign the 76ers FO KNEW THEY WERE UP SH*** Creek without a paddle. To keep PR negativity down they panic moved and gave Tobias a Max deal. Now when you know this you realize why the 76ers signed Harris to that deal. 

Another bad move is the Horford deal. No one was signing him to that much money but they were desperate. ike the B/R article stats team was expecting Embiid to miss at least 20 games. If the 76ers solved these issues prior or had a plan B you wouldn't be in this mess. From the Start of Harris with Hinkie there was never a plan B. Now they are stuck in this mess. Despite what some 76ers fans want to say NBA getting involved the issue was deeper then that. Hinkie and Brett Brown had a falling out. Browns deal was almost up and the upcoming draft was Ben Simmons who the 76ers wanted and Brett Brown being a family friend of the Simmons knew they needed Brown. Brown refused to extend his contract saying "If Sam is still involved as GM I'm done." The 76ers didn't want it to get out there they let Brown go and may have lost their chance at the target they had wanted for a good 3 yrs now. How bad would it look for the 76ers to draft Simmons and he finds out the team who drafted him let his Dad's friend go because he wouldn't extend do to a falling out with the GM. Hey we drafted you still despite the fact we decided to keep the GM over your dad's friend." The team was already dealing with enough bad PR as is 

Luka Doncic is the best player in the NBA not named Giannis. Someone prove me wrong. Said for a good while he's the best player in the last 4-5 drafts and better then the guys coming out in the next 2-3 yrs after him. Dude is simple amazing and what's great is he's so humble about it too. A lot of guys in the NBA could learn a thing or 2 from Doncic

Panic move after they saw Butler not want to stay. I've brought it up before that I was at a game 4 yrs ago behind basket close to 76ers bench. Some 76ers Staffer (No clue what he did but everything he said that night literally came true in media write ups after and other ideas since) was talking to a guy behind my buddy and I. He included us in the convo to a degree. I don't know if these two were friends or what. 76ers staffer was a Young Black guy maybe in his late 20s early 40s and the fan looked like he was in his 50s so maybe season ticket holder of some sorts. 

They got to talking about Jerry Colangelo. Staffer mentioned before coming to Philly officially JC used his USA Basketball connection to reach out to stars on the team from Durant/LBJ/Butler/etc to see their interest in the 76ers. This convo came up when the fan asked about the recent rumor that came up that day of Nerlens Noel to AtL or Jeff Teague or Dennis Schroader. He said Jerry concluded after meeting with these guys the 76ers had no chance in the coming yrs of big time FA summers to sign one of the top guys unless he acquired  star via trade who would extend or re-sign in Philly. Before Jerry Could accomplish that he was fired. Brand being a part of JC's staff and multiple guys still there kept with JC's philosophy on this (hence the Jimmy Butler Trade). The minute he didn't resign the 76ers FO KNEW THEY WERE UP SH*** Creek without a paddle. To keep PR negativity down they panic moved and gave Tobias a Max deal. Now when you know this you realize why the 76ers signed Harris to that deal. 

Another bad move is the Horford deal. No one was signing him to that much money but they were desperate. ike the B/R article stats team was expecting Embiid to miss at least 20 games. If the 76ers solved these issues prior or had a plan B you wouldn't be in this mess. From the Start of Harris with Hinkie there was never a plan B. Now they are stuck in this mess. Despite what some 76ers fans want to say NBA getting involved the issue was deeper then that. Hinkie and Brett Brown had a falling out. Browns deal was almost up and the upcoming draft was Ben Simmons who the 76ers wanted and Brett Brown being a family friend of the Simmons knew they needed Brown. Brown refused to extend his contract saying "If Sam is still involved as GM I'm done." The 76ers didn't want it to get out there they let Brown go and may have lost their chance at the target they had wanted for a good 3 yrs now. How bad would it look for the 76ers to draft Simmons and he finds out the team who drafted him let his Dad's friend go because he wouldn't extend do to a falling out with the GM. Hey we drafted you still despite the fact we decided to keep the GM over your dad's friend." The team was already dealing with enough bad PR as is 
never met someone who gets off so much discussing/bashing a team that isn't even his team or a team he cheers for.  It's wild.

never met someone who gets off so much discussing/bashing a team that isn't even his team or a team he cheers for.  It's wild.
I'm just stating the facts plus I'm got really sick and tired of the the fans defending intentionally tanking then going around like they were winning a title with in 5 yrs. After everything that happens still can't admit it failed and blame others (AKA NBA told team to get rid of Hinkie despite that not being true, etc) instead of realize the big issues the team had. People can simple deny the issues on the 76ers all they want. However when they can't realize the issues and keep going on and on how good the team is that is a problem

"The Process" was nothing more then a scam from the FO and Ownership. There was ZERO plan other then tank and hope to get lucky and then hope FA and big Stars come to put them over the top. None of that happened. From Day one Harris was meddling with the FO and coach. The Cauldron yrs ago with Embiid's Rehab situation and Brown/FO not seeing eye to eye was a precursor of things to come for the organization 

Last edited by a moderator:
More from Woj

Brown’s dismissal is expected to be a precursor for more upheaval with the 76ers, whose senior leadership – including general manager Elton Brand -- will begin exploring changes in the front office structure, sources said.

The franchise's plan is that Brand will continue to oversee basketball operations, sources said, but the personnel and structure in the front office is undergoing significant evaluation and change is looming.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just stating the facts plus I'm got really sick and tired of the the fans defending intentionally tanking then going around like they were winning a title with in 5 yrs. After everything that happens still can't admit it failed and blame others (AKA NBA told team to get rid of Hinkie despite that not being true, etc) instead of realize the big issues the team had 
Ya, you've 'stated the facts' about a million times in here. Move on?

No one said we were winning a title for sure.  Hinkie's strategy put us in a POSITION to possibly win... it hasn't worked.  But we're in better shape now then we would have been without Embiid/Simmons and a bunch of later picks.  Just cause the Bulls arent' doing anything exciting, doesn't mean you have to dedicate your life to making unreadablely long, redundant posts about another team.  Sheesh.

EYLive said:
Paul George better get his head out of his butt soon. Or LAC has to rush Beverly back ASAP.
Beverly is needed by LAC more than some seem to acknowledge.  Every team needs an emotional, high energy player, and that's Beverly all day long.  Plus his defense is top notch and the guy is 40%+ from three.

Anarchy99 said:
People can agree, disagree, or not care but  538 has BOS now co-favorites to win the title with LAC. 
People definitely disagree.

ESPN is a literal joke though. I don't turn it on unless a game I'm interested is on. 
Not taking a shot, but who the hell watches ESPN for anything but games?  I guess if someone enjoys PTI, maybe.  Otherwise, why waste your time with overproduced shows, fake disagreements, and a ton of commercials?

Ya, you've 'stated the facts' about a million times in here. Move on?

No one said we were winning a title for sure.  Hinkie's strategy put us in a POSITION to possibly win... it hasn't worked.  But we're in better shape now then we would have been without Embiid/Simmons and a bunch of later picks.  Just cause the Bulls arent' doing anything exciting, doesn't mean you have to dedicate your life to making unreadablely long, redundant posts about another team.  Sheesh.
I disagree you're in the same spot now when you started this. You got one good player in Embiid if he could take his head out of his  :censored:  and work hard instead of trying to be popular on Twitter and get his act together a top 3 C. You got two overpaid guys who both were panic moves, very little cap space to really work with unless you trade these big contracts but teams want assets for them, a PG/PF (Heck I don't even know what Position he can play and neither seem the team) who doesn't shoot and seems to have very sensitive feeling issues who wants to go to LA, Thybulye and Korkmaz might be your best players after Embiid assets wise, zero depth, a GM who doesn't know what he's doing and an owner who loves to meddle in things. It's an utter disaster right now. If it wasn't for Butler last year they'd have been 1 and done vs the Nets in the first round. Butler then took the first ticket out of town when he could and didn't look back. He told JJ Reddick on JJ's Podcast that before Tobias got there he, Brown, Embiid, Simmons and JJ were all watching tape and film After no one said anything on mistakes he knew he wasn't staying. 

Thats why I make these posts and comments, You guys intentionally lost for yrs just to get back to where you were before everything. 

I disagree you're in the same spot now when you started this. You got one good player in Embiid if he could take his head out of his  :censored:  and work hard instead of trying to be popular on Twitter and get his act together a top 3 C. You got two overpaid guys who both were panic moves, very little cap space to really work with unless you trade these big contracts but teams want assets for them, a PG/PF (Heck I don't even know what Position he can play and neither seem the team) who doesn't shoot and seems to have very sensitive feeling issues who wants to go to LA, Thybulye and Korkmaz might be your best players after Embiid assets wise, zero depth, a GM who doesn't know what he's doing and an owner who loves to meddle in things. It's an utter disaster right now. If it wasn't for Butler last year they'd have been 1 and done vs the Nets in the first round. Butler then took the first ticket out of town when he could and didn't look back. He told JJ Reddick on JJ's Podcast that before Tobias got there he, Brown, Embiid, Simmons and JJ were all watching tape and film After no one said anything on mistakes he knew he wasn't staying. 

Thats why I make these posts and comments, You guys intentionally lost for yrs just to get back to where you were before everything. 
No one read that. 

Beverly is needed by LAC more than some seem to acknowledge.  Every team needs an emotional, high energy player, and that's Beverly all day long.  Plus his defense is top notch and the guy is 40%+ from three.

People definitely disagree.

Not taking a shot, but who the hell watches ESPN for anything but games?  I guess if someone enjoys PTI, maybe.  Otherwise, why waste your time with overproduced shows, fake disagreements, and a ton of commercials?
I definitely agree with that. For whatever reason people still watch this network not named games. They are god awful. I mean for awhile in the mid 2000s they were somewhat tolerable but then it became a (what can we do to get ratings and people talking) schtick that literally was a bunch of fake arguments and overproduced shows. Their 30for30 and Documentaries are still top notch though I will say. One reason I got the streaming service is for Soccer content they have. And Like I said they come off as hypocrites a lot of the time. I remember when they use to have good programming. Cold Pizza wasn't the greatest but for awhile that was how I kept up to date on my sports back then rather then watching SC. 

Users who are viewing this thread