What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (9 Viewers)

I didn't get to see all of the Celtics game, but what I saw was what I expected...a roller coaster of great plays and bad ones.  Defense, offense, shooting....all streaky.  When you rely on a mishmash of young wings and a duck taped version of post play against the 76ers, you will breed a lot of inconsistency.

They will feast on teams that don't have a strong post presence, but they will have problems against Philly and probably Milwaukee unless they shoot much better than last night.

See how much better Sixers work when they have someone besides a slowhite to greet the ball on D? That was the dif in a very helterskelter opener. Still no 2-man game between Simmons & Embiid, perhaps the most unexplainable thing in all of sports. Kanter makes me nostalgic for Hank Finkel and Tom Kite. Kemba was lost playing a game that mattered. Last year, young Tatum never strayed from the array of shots he learned from Kobe in summer camp - it's gonna be a long year if the treys-and-drives-from-trey-country he established as his this-yr pattern last nite dont change. As they did in preseason, they had a PG in alongside Carsen Edwards, which just aint gonna work - love the kid, but he's gonna have to redshirt and learn the point to have any value to the Green. Celts gotta force-feed TimeLord to have an inside presence or its gonna be another season of LEPRECHARMA..

did any of you bromigos get to see ja morant play last night i would apprecaite anyone telling me how he looked i think he is going to be one heck of a good player take that to the bank 

did any of you bromigos get to see ja morant play last night i would apprecaite anyone telling me how he looked i think he is going to be one heck of a good player take that to the bank 
Great vision and athleticism, but (if he stays healthy) he may lead the NBA in turnovers.  Rookie point guard and all that.

Suns just massacred the Kings last night. Still don't think James Jones has any plan for the team. Saric deal is/was just weird to move down for a PF in last year of deal. They signed Kaminsky, who isn't any differenct than Saric, to a much cheaper contract. Not to mention they've got 2 guys in Oubre/Bridges that are fully capable of sliding over. Ayton finally made some impact defensively last night. 

Bagley's now out 4-6 weeks with fractured thumb as well 

What a choke job by the Bulls. Easily the more talented team but still lose. Bulls do look much better with White/Young/Dunn off the bench.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suns just massacred the Kings last night. Still don't think James Jones has any plan for the team. Saric deal is/was just weird to move down for a PF in last year of deal. They signed Kaminsky, who isn't any differenct than Saric, to a much cheaper contract.

Bagley's now out 4-6 weeks with fractured thumb as well 
Maybe not, but Rubio is such a professional and stabilizing force for that team. That was a good add. 

bagley inspired me to yell at my TV so much yesterday I’m not even bummed about it right now. 

It was an accident...

"I want to apologize to my family, the entire Suns organization, my teammates, partners, our fans and the Phoenix community. This was an unintentional mistake and unfortunately I put something in my body that I was completely unaware of. I do understand the unfortunate impact that this has on so many others, and for that I am deeply sorry. I'm extremely disappointed that I've let my team down. I will continue to work with the NBPA to go through arbitration and am hopeful of a positive resolution."

Bucks out attempted at the FT 39-18 on the road in Houston and still come away with the win. Giannis puts the NBA on notice recording a triple double (30 pts, 13 reb, 11 ast) in a showdown between the league's last 3 MVPs. Philly who?

Hope this Rockets experiment continues - Russ/Harden 9-30 combined! Fantastic. 

I hope these ESPN losers go ape #### with these super individuals losing and the TEAMS keep winning.

What a gutty effort by Warriors at home with their 3 All Stars against the Clippers and their All Star.

:lmao:  

Dubs missed a lot of open 3s. They won't be this bad every night. However, if their jumpers aren't falling they have no defense at all to make it a game.

Good news is that Looney hit a 3 pointer. Hopefully he can get healthy and become a 3 point threat because having Draymond and Looney play big minutes together is the only way to give the Dubs a chance a stringing a few stops together.

ffldrew said:

I hope these ESPN losers go ape #### with these super individuals losing and the TEAMS keep winning.
I'm not a Rockets fan at all--and honestly--I thought the Westbrook acquisition was going to make them a train wreck. With that said--I don't think the loss to the Bucks was without positives.   They were up 16 against one of the best teams in the league where Harden only made 2 field goals the entire night.   If Harden even has a below average game-the Rockets win the game pretty easily.  I'm not sure I'd categorize this game as being a train wreck experiment. If anything--I thought tonight showed that the Rockets can compete and hold their own against a really good team. 

ffldrew said:

Aside from harden, the rockets probably have about as much continuity as any team in the league.  And so do the bucks.

probably should focus more on teams who make the luckiest pick in history...

Pistons lost last night but Derrick Rose has been pretty darn good coming off the bench in the first two games. 27 points in 25 minutes on 16 shots last night.

The Clippers are really, really good.  They have controlled two of the better teams in the West without their second best player who is another 2-way monster.

They are so deep and so good defensively, it is stupid.
Totally agree--and the most underrated aspect of that team is that everybody knows their roles and stays in their lanes.   Kawhi knows when to attack and he also knows when the better play is to set his teammates up.  Montreal and Zubac are high energy efficient bigs that play really hard.  Beverly and Shamet are both really solid defensively--but they also stick with their bread and butter offensively. If they have an open 3--they take it--if not--they set a teammate up or just keep the ball moving.  Lou is such a great shot maker.  He's such a luxury to have knowing that their offensive game is still alive even when their starters are resting.   This team played their butts off last year and overachieved---and that was with no kawhi or george.  If this team stays healthy--they are going to be really hard to beat. 

Pistons lost last night but Derrick Rose has been pretty darn good coming off the bench in the first two games. 27 points in 25 minutes on 16 shots last night.
for Detroit's sake, i hope this sustains. Can amount to something if Blake stays healthy and Rose can keep up. They seem to have been lost in that purgatory area of fringe playoff team for so long, Will be fun if they can be more competitive

The Clippers are really, really good.  They have controlled two of the better teams in the West without their second best player who is another 2-way monster.

They are so deep and so good defensively, it is stupid.
Agree all the way around. They're built to go the distance imo.

Clippers are my pick to win it all (hot take I know).

They got 3 point shooting and toughness over the Lakers. 

They have a PG3 player that Milwaukee can't match. 

The 76ers are interesting, but barring Shaq like dominance from Embiid I'll take the 3 point shooting of the Clippers. 

Users who are viewing this thread