What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (1 Viewer)

was weird seeing "san francisco warriors" everywhere tonight.  Might be a dumb question, but are there plans to change the name, are they gonna have their floor like that all season, or is it just kind of a one-off-fun little tribute thing they did tonight?

was weird seeing "san francisco warriors" everywhere tonight.  Might be a dumb question, but are there plans to change the name, are they gonna have their floor like that all season, or is it just kind of a one-off-fun little tribute thing they did tonight?
The new arena is in Frisco as opposed to Oakland.  They used to do the oak trees/the Town logo for Oakland, so I'm guessing that it is another marketing type thing to capitalize on the move?

The new arena is in Frisco as opposed to Oakland.  They used to do the oak trees/the Town logo for Oakland, so I'm guessing that it is another marketing type thing to capitalize on the move?
Hmmmm.  Ya I know they're in San Fran now, just seemed weird that the jerseys and all the stuff on the floor said "San Francisco warriors" and it didn't say "golden state" anywhere. Was wondering if it was in their plan to eventually change the name of the team. 

That was like a heavyweight match last nite w Young Prince v the King, but is it the smartest thing to have the kid guard LeLoad when he's running your offense, too? Anyway, the young'un showed serious chops & stones in a valiant effort. Nowhere near the two-man game from LeBrow i was expecting from their love connection during the exhib season. Are they star-turfing already? 

Kensington's own Eddie Alvarerz looking to train the Sixers for when they get in any more fights:

https://www.tmz.com/2019/10/31/eddie-alvarez-ben-simmons-philadelphia-76ers-nba-brawl-mma/

love how Philly never has to say something as silly as "Philly Strong". we already know fools, don't need to declare to the whole world
Eddie should probably worry about getting healthy first and getting back to his winning ways. Since Facing McGregor in Aug of 2016 he has 2 wins, 3 losses and NC. Won his last bout for ONE but pulled out do to Injury. I love Eddie and have met him multiple And the Headline is misleading there was no brawl

I guess the time clock is supposed to be some quirky motivational thing.  Who knows?  I won't defend it.  Surprised that got past the leadership committee.
Well we won tonight and Noah and DRose had a little reunion. Someone started cutting onions when I was watching that video. Real team leaders right there and some awesome players and people those two. We need a better coach. If this team is gonna win anything and I think this is gonna be if we have any success it's gonna be one of those we won't in spiteof the coach teams. 

Jimmy Butler scored 5 points against the Hawks but had a +/- of +21

Herro, Nunn, Butler, etc....Heat got some players boys
Well one of them is a complete drama boy baby back ##### when things don't go his way and will sleep with a teammates Wife or GF and he loves to bully younger players. 

Haven’t watched NBA in 10+ years but tuning in tonight. First time seeing Doncic. Kid is good. Triple double already and still in the 3rd. 
I've been saying the kid is one of the best draft prospects in the last decade or so not named Lebron. What Doncic has going for him is he has a basketball IQ and the fundamentals of the game down. He's way more advanced having played in Europe compared to these one and done college kids (Hopefully with the new College rules we'll see less kids entering the draft after a year now) as in Europe they teach the fundamentals of the game. Europe has caught up maybe surprised the US in terms of developing actual talented players overall who are good. Dude can pass and shoot. He still has some work on the defensive side of the ball but he's really fun to watch and incredible enjoyable. He also doesn't try going for the bull#### highlight reel stuff often like these clowns do today. 

Oh yeah check out his mom too. You will not be disappointed. 

So Luka snaps his head back to flop, doesn't get the call, catches Howard's chin, cuts his head open (w/ a likely concussion), and the announcers keep saying HE TOOK A SHOT IN THE HEAD? GTFO.
Not surprised. Unless your name is Harden or Lebron they won't call it. These two are some of the most notorious floppers in the NBA and no calls for it. One of the reasons I don't watch the game as much anymore religiously. Way too many guys flopping around but only certain guys get the call. This is what pissed me off the most when Derrick Rose was in CHI in his prime going to the basket he gets mugged by five guys. Playing Lebron no call fast break down the court Bron misses a shot but acts like a sniper is in the building The refs can't reach for their whistles to call the play dead fast enough. Very little consistency in the NBA on foul calls or players flopping diving. 

Punishment was handled out for the KAT/Joel hug fest. 

Both players suspended 2 games each nothing else for anyone else. 

Reading The Athletic and Minny is furious with this. 1 they believed Ben Simmons should at least have been fined (Which I'd agree with). They also want the league office to look into it and believe Joel should receive more games for instigating the fight. They brought up how Joel was bullying KAT on social media and brought up KAT's mother and how he reacted after the little tussle.

Got to agree with Minny here. I've said I love Joel's ability as a player but he needs to mature. Also using someone's mother? Dude thats crossing the line. In the 90s your face would've been broken in by someone. Joel has some serious growing up to do as a player and person still. Seems more interested in the stardom on the Gram then showing up for playoff games though. The NBA is also sending a horrible message out to fans. We allow our players to bully on Social media which is a huge issues in our schools. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Reading The Athletic and Minny is furious with this. 1 they believed Ben Simmons should at least have been fined (Which I'd agree with). They also want the league office to look into it and believe Joel should receive more games for instigating the fight. They brought up how Joel was bullying KAT on social media and brought up KAT's mother and how he reacted after the little tussle.

Got to agree with Minny here. I've said I love Joel's ability as a player but he needs to mature. Also using someone's mother? Dude thats crossing the line. In the 90s your face would've been broken in by someone. Joel has some serious growing up to do as a player and person still. Seems more interested in the stardom on the Gram then showing up for playoff games though. The NBA is also sending a horrible message out to fans. We allow our players to bully on Social media which is a huge issues in our schools. 
Kevin Garnett used to say horrible things to opponents, but he said it to their face, not hide behind social media.

Kevin Garnett used to say horrible things to opponents, but he said it to their face, not hide behind social media.
Yeah I know that for sure. I remember a lot of guys have said when asked "can you tell us some things KG use to trash talk about?" and the players would give you a shocked look and be like "yeah I better not on TV the FCC might get involved." I get your point though be a man about it at the very least and say it to the guys face not social media. Thats why I said Joel's more worried about his star on The Gram then the court. In todays game fans have made it perfectly acceptable for players to do what Joel does. If we had the tech now back then I think more people would be calling out Joel for being a ##### or #####, coward etc. 

This isn't me being hateful to the Sixers. most of the stuff I've said about Embiid before. Great player but incredible immature. Win something first before you talk. If the Sixers don't get to an ECF or go to the NBA Finals in the next few yrs and Joel is acting up Fans will turn on him. I know this city. They will love him now but eventually enough is enough and they want results. I've already seen people turn on the guy. or at least more in the last year then when he first came. More people saying he's immature, needs to focus on the court more then social media etc. 

He's a great player. Just hate seeing talent who keep their head up their asses. 

KAT’s mother was screaming at Embiid and giving him the finger as he walked down the tunnel. She injected herself into the situation and was not an innocent bystander. 

This is the best thing that could have happened to the Warriors. They weren't going to do anything significant anyways, and now they don't have to pretend to be trying to because it doesn't matter how hard they try. They may be the worst team in the league now, and putting a "may" in front of that statement is being generous.

I think it's inarguable that, as dramatic as it might seem, the best thing from a basketball standpoint would be to trade D'Angelo and Draymond now, at the peak of their value, hold on to next year's protected pick, and do a mini tank ala the '96 Spurs. No, they won't draft the next Tim Duncan, but they'll get out from under the cap hell they're in now that makes a second-round exit the absolute best-case scenario as long as they're convinced (or can convince the fans) that they can still compete at a high level beneath it. Once upon a time they were young enough, talented enough, and hungry enough to win with their stars + buyout and minimum guys, but it gets progressively harder each year and is now an impossibility, even if everyone were healthy.

The business side may nix this idea, but it won't be for basketball reasons.
Hoo buddy, I think I set a personal record for the earliest in the year I started looking at mock drafts. And compared to the 1990's, that's saying something.

Yeah I know that for sure. I remember a lot of guys have said when asked "can you tell us some things KG use to trash talk about?" and the players would give you a shocked look and be like "yeah I better not on TV the FCC might get involved." I get your point though be a man about it at the very least and say it to the guys face not social media. Thats why I said Joel's more worried about his star on The Gram then the court. In todays game fans have made it perfectly acceptable for players to do what Joel does. If we had the tech now back then I think more people would be calling out Joel for being a ##### or #####, coward etc. 

This isn't me being hateful to the Sixers. most of the stuff I've said about Embiid before. Great player but incredible immature. Win something first before you talk. If the Sixers don't get to an ECF or go to the NBA Finals in the next few yrs and Joel is acting up Fans will turn on him. I know this city. They will love him now but eventually enough is enough and they want results. I've already seen people turn on the guy. or at least more in the last year then when he first came. More people saying he's immature, needs to focus on the court more then social media etc. 

He's a great player. Just hate seeing talent who keep their head up their asses. 
Great unbiased take from a guy who has never made an anti-sixers post in here before. 

Nowhere near the two-man game from LeBrow i was expecting from their love connection during the exhib season. Are they star-turfing already? 
He's annoying James in a similar way that Kevin Love did--both Davis and Love want their rebound stats so they don't clear out when Lebron drives which means he has extra bodies waiting for him at the basket. 

Eddie should probably worry about getting healthy first and getting back to his winning ways. Since Facing McGregor in Aug of 2016 he has 2 wins, 3 losses and NC. Won his last bout for ONE but pulled out do to Injury. I love Eddie and have met him multiple And the Headline is misleading there was no brawl
ehh he has been fighting for close to 20 years. Dude got paid well by One and everyone seemed happy with it. His chin is too wore down to put up with the wars he came from back in those PRIDE tournaments with Joachim and the rest of them

Sixers  :fro: . Absolutely filthy. Cost me a pretty penny tonight cause i didn't believe. Lesson learned boys, lesson learned

I went to bed with the Sixers down 15 and was going to use the loss as a lesson to my son to not push his brother because he loves Embiid and Embiid didn’t follow the rules blah blah Sixers somehow win. This is a good team with a lot of interchangeable pieces and guys who can step up. I worry they don’t have a closer with a killer instinct and Simmons few jumpers looked pretty bad last night, but they are good. 

I went to bed with the Sixers down 15 and was going to use the loss as a lesson to my son to not push his brother because he loves Embiid and Embiid didn’t follow the rules blah blah Sixers somehow win. This is a good team with a lot of interchangeable pieces and guys who can step up. I worry they don’t have a closer with a killer instinct and Simmons few jumpers looked pretty bad last night, but they are good. 
the whole closer argument is funny. i don't get it. they may not have one A+ closer that everyone knows will get the ball, but instead they have 3-4 A- closers who all have a chance. And luckily the Sixers have a smart PG who has a feel where to go. Who would have though Kork hits a clutch 3 with less than a second to go

ETA: clutch FTs from Ben too. funny how we aren't that far from the "hack a Ben" games. Good for him

Boston with a last second win over the Knicks the other day. Funny how far they have fallen. Watching the Sixers last night, and Al getting 25 points against one of the top teams in the league, kind of makes you wonder what the almighty Boston front office was seeing.

I know the Boston sports media is trained to never question Lord Danny, but it just seems like maybe Horford could have helped them a bit this year

Trend is holding.

korkmaz is a handsome boy with thick, lustrous hair.

remade roster and depth really came through last night.  Kyle oquinn is a boss.
def true that Sixers win championship last year if they had O'Quinn

ETA: man, just watched game again. awesome watching crowd fall completely silent and all we get to hear is Aba clapping for the win

Users who are viewing this thread