What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (4 Viewers)

where is that warriors fan guy that would come in here and be all cranky and stuff oh yeah like 99 percent of supposed lifelong warriors fans now that they are crappy again he doesnt care about them just like he did not care about them six years ago take that to the bank brohans

Break up the HEAT! It's was a 129 to 100 beatdown against the Rockets. 38 assists led by Butler with 9. This didn't happen during the Big 3 era.

They're 5-1 with wins against the Bucks and the Rockets. 

I'm watching the Lakers/Spurs game on the San Antonio broadcast. Holy hell are these guys homering hard for the home team. They don't even pretend to be objective. These dorks remind me of Matt Harpring commentating on Jazz games a few years back (he might still be on those calls, I don't know). Just screaming and crying about everything.

I'm watching the Lakers/Spurs game on the San Antonio broadcast. Holy hell are these guys homering hard for the home team. They don't even pretend to be objective. These dorks remind me of Matt Harpring commentating on Jazz games a few years back (he might still be on those calls, I don't know). Just screaming and crying about everything.
Why would they be objective. The spurs are paying them. 

Ummm... because they're lying about what's actually happening on the court? Pay me no mind, I just have higher standards.

Jeebus :lmao:  I can't deal with these Spurs TV guys. How many boxes of tissues do they do through every night? I'm switching to the Clippers game.

Ummm... because they're lying about what's actually happening on the court? Pay me no mind, I just have higher standards.
Homers homer. It’s what they are paid to do. I find it entertaining. I don’t really know why you would even have standards for a local nba broadcast. 

Last edited by a moderator:
where is that warriors fan guy that would come in here and be all cranky and stuff oh yeah like 99 percent of supposed lifelong warriors fans now that they are crappy again he doesnt care about them just like he did not care about them six years ago take that to the bank brohans
I cared about them six years ago. :(

Also I hope Giannis signs with the Lakers. Brohan.

Break up the HEAT! It's was a 129 to 100 beatdown against the Rockets. 38 assists led by Butler with 9. This didn't happen during the Big 3 era.

They were up 59-18?  Yikes.  Worried about my Rockets.  Unless they add another piece, this foundation will crumble.  

Five team race with rosters as currently constructed IMHO

Lakers - best starting 5 but depth needs to improve

Clippers - best overall team IMHO, but not the best starting 5

Philly  - I like what I've seen so far

Boston - Can't ignore Stevens

Milwaukee - My pick to come out of the East

I cared about them six years ago. :(

Also I hope Giannis signs with the Lakers. Brohan.
you are definitely in the 1 percent of warriors fans and as to giannis unless that mean labron is coming to brewtown i say good day to you sir take that to the bank bromigo

So, Hornets gonna back their way into the end of the lottery again eh? Good times, good times.

So, Hornets gonna back their way into the end of the lottery again eh? Good times, good times.
Sacramento was about ready to riot after the Hornets came through and beat them. I had a brief glimmer of hope that there might be a change in leadership as a result. No such luck. :kicksrock:

Five team race with rosters as currently constructed IMHO

Lakers - best starting 5 but depth needs to improve

Clippers - best overall team IMHO, but not the best starting 5

Philly  - I like what I've seen so far

Boston - Can't ignore Stevens

Milwaukee - My pick to come out of the East
I think we have to add the Heat. 

What are people saying about the strength of this next draft class?  I was hoping I didn't need to concern myself with that too much but it looks like I was mistaken.

They were up 59-18?  Yikes.  Worried about my Rockets.  Unless they add another piece, this foundation will crumble.  
That was the worst game I've ever seen the Rockets play.  It may be the worst I've seen ANY team play. Ever. Just brutally and relentlessly discouraging. 

Interesting.

Through 76 career games, Luka Dončić and LeBron James put up remarkably similar numbers:

Dončić: 21.4 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 6.0 apg

James: 21.1 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 5.8 apg
we are in a much higher offensive environment now, so I wonder what it's like adjusted, but still interesting.

What are people saying about the strength of this next draft class?  I was hoping I didn't need to concern myself with that too much but it looks like I was mistaken.
from what I can tell, it is good, not great.  I don't think that there is any real "generational" talent as of now.  But the top 3 or 4 could definitely move the needle.

Georgia-Memphis on 1/4/20 is a game to watch, with arguably the top 2 overall prospects (Edwards and Wiseman).

Memphis's recruiting class is totally insane this year, so they will be interesting to watch no matter what.

Washington has 2 projected top 10 picks and AZ has 1, so those 2 games will also be interesting to check out.

also, Lamelo Ball seems to be a top 5 pick now according to many.  

Are there any Knicks fans here, let alone under the age of 30?    Why?

This team hasn't been relevant since that run in 99' with Sprewell, Houston, Grand ma-ma, Camby, and an aging and an eventually injured Pat Ewing.  Discounting the 2012 Linsanity 2-week run which ended with Carmelo and his ISO, i'm the king of NY ego.    

32-2 run   1999 Game 3   Knicks (8 seed) vs Heat (1 seed)

Allan Houston game winner Game 5 vs Heat      This shot got him the ridiculous $100mm contract extension.   :(

Larry Johnson 4 point play   Eastern Conf Finals game 3

^^^ The last time(s) I was excited as a Knicks fan. I have to believe they have lost an entire generation of fans, but what do I know.  

Disclaimer: I'm 46 and will always be a Knicks fan, but they are my 4th sport.    

holy crap, Warriors starters last night vs Hornets: Ky Bowman, Jordan Poole, Glenn Robinson, Eric Paschall, Willie Cauley-Stein
Eric Paschall is legit.  He has an old school game, but at times he's been the Warriors go-to offensive player.

Meh.  It was an early afternoon game on Sunday.  South Beach loss.

The Spurs announcers are second, only to the Celtics with their homerism.  Only the SA crew isn't so over the top to be hysterically entertaining like Tommy Heinsohn's lifetime body of work.

The Spurs announcers are second, only to the Celtics with their homerism.  Only the SA crew isn't so over the top to be hysterically entertaining like Tommy Heinsohn's lifetime body of work.
:lmao:  It's a proud tradition. Heinsohn himself learned the art from the biggest homer of em all, Johnny Most, who could make a play or call seem like a sin against God, woman, man & baby ducks. It's funny, not only am i a pretty "whatever" guy about calls in all sports (tho i HATE that the strike zone is not electric-eye), but i'm always the one who says "if you don't like it coming down to one call, be farther ahead". When i watch Tommy do home games (in his 80s, he dont travel no mo), tho, i get right up in it with him, "Whada we gotta do to get a frikkin CALLLLLL?!?!" It's hilarious & wonderful

It's not really worth defending your team tanking on this year. In the past few yrs there were at least a couple guys a organization could defend to a fanbase for tanking. 

Dwight Howard...fan favorite?  He has been tremendous so far this year.  
I don't know if he's acting or if he's actually happy to be here, but by all appearances his attitude is great - completely different from his first stint so far. He had a couple of really nice assists last night.

Colored me Surprise NOT

Butler implies there was issues with 76ers as a reason he signed in MIA

"Jimmy Butler's decision to play for the Miami Heat this offseason rather than inking with a team that appeared closer to championship contention was met with skepticism and second-guessing. Butler could have stayed with the 76ers, or played elsewhere with another established star, or two like the Los Angeles Lakers. Instead, he signed a four-year, $142 million contract with the Heat, who sent defensive-minded shooting guard Josh Richardson to Philadelphia in a sign-and-trade. The Sixers then used the extra cap space that they would have used on Butler to land All-Star forward Al Horford.  

Many perceived that with his decision to join the Heat instead, Butler was placing an emphasis on location and lifestyle rather than on winning on the basketball court. However, Butler didn't view it that way, and he actually felt disrespected by those who thought winning wasn't a priority for the veteran forward. He says that he signed with the Heat because he liked the roster that they had built, and felt like he could elevate the team to the next level. 

"Mother------s act like I'm not a good basketball player," Butler said, via Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports. "Like for real. Just think about that. Like I can't come in and make a huge difference. I'm not going to say 'carry a team' because nobody can do it by themselves and I mean that. I'm not putting it all on myself, but I know what I'm capable of. I know what I bring to any and all situations, and the group of guys that we have is the group of guys that I want to play with.

"When I look down the line and as we're talking about it as an organization on this roster, I know what these guys are capable of. These guys are built like me. We're one in the same and so they're only going to get better and they're not going to get complacent. This is me. I see myself in every one of these guys around this locker room."   

Speaking of Philadelphia, Butler also implied that something went down behind the scenes with the Sixers that led to his decision to walk away from the organization, despite the fact that the team appeared poised to contend for championships in the coming seasons. Butler kept it vague, though, and wouldn't go into detail regarding what spurred his decision to leave. 

"Stuff just don't work out," Butler said. "Nobody knows what really went on in Philly and we're going to leave it that way. But it was a great opportunity for me ... All of that will come out whenever it's time. Right now is not the time. I'm locked in with this. I'm happy, man. I'm smiling and my guys want me to be here, my organization wants me to be here, I want to be here and we're going to ride this thing until the wheels fall off." 

Butler did make it clear, however, that Sixers All-Star center Joel Embiid wasn't the reason that he didn't want to stay in Philly, as the two remain close, even as opponents. 

"I'm not saying Philly wasn't great, man," Butler said. "We had some really good players. I talk to Joel [Embiid] damn near every f-----g day. It's a brotherhood, man. I love that guy. I'm going to always have his back and I know he'll always have mine."  

While it's doubtful anyone actually said that Butler is "not a good basketball player," good for him to use his decision to sign with Miami as motivation, even if it is a little bit early in the season to take a victory lap. Regardless, Butler is clearly happy in Miami, and he has the Heat playing some solid basketball. They're 5-1 through their first six games of the season, and Butler has averaged 14.7 points, 7.3 assists and 7.0 rebounds per game in the three contests that he has appeared in. 

As far as what happened behind the scenes in Philadelphia, we may never know, but both sides have moved on and seem to be fine without the other -- the Sixers are the NBA's only remaining undefeated team at 5-0, and have been getting major contributions from both Richardson and Horford. So, Butler's move appears to have been for the best."

I don't know if he's acting or if he's actually happy to be here, but by all appearances his attitude is great - completely different from his first stint so far. He had a couple of really nice assists last night.
He's seems to have a history of copping a feel of players though. Hey whatever floats his boat 

Great win by the Suns tonight.  Horford looked 10 years younger tonight and the 76ers went after this game in Phoenix, but Devin Booker was ridiculous in the 4th and (still surprising) the Suns defense played well down the stretch.

The 76ers still need another perimeter defender.  That weakness can be exploited in specific matchups.

Great win by the Suns tonight.  Horford looked 10 years younger tonight and the 76ers went after this game in Phoenix, but Devin Booker was ridiculous in the 4th and (still surprising) the Suns defense played well down the stretch.

The 76ers still need another perimeter defender.  That weakness can be exploited in specific matchups.
Barely saw thybulle.  Did he get hurt and I missed it? Also, where was Cameron Johnson?

horford really was amazing.

####### baynes still hurting us from 3.

anteaternintendo looked pretty darn good last night against the likely world champs timberwolfes so that was nice take that to the bank brohans 

Anthony Davis entertained the idea of potentially playing for the Chicago Bulls during a Q&A with the boys and girls basketball team from his alma mater Perspectives Charter School.

"Honestly, it's nothing like playing at home. I don't know. ... I mean, I am a free agent next year, but we'll see. It's a possibility," responded Davis when asked whether he would come home and play for the Bulls.

Davis would later describe Chicago as the Mecca of basketball.
Where's that Jim Carey Dumb and Dumber clip when you need it?

How about now? :D  
:lol:  Watching Jahlil Okafor trying to defend a P&R is comical.

Brandon Ingram is the only reason they've been competitive in any games this year. Nets threw anyone and everyone at him last night and had no answer.

Already looking forward to the drama if/when they're in position to take LaMelo Ball.

How about now? :D  
None of us are perfect and we all have different issues that we have to get to and saying that is my right as an American. Doesn't mean I that hate my country, it means I want to address things.

We can play this game all we want and go all over the map. The world is a complex place and there's more gray than black and white.

Users who are viewing this thread