What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

First Time IDP Dynasty Draft Advice Needed (1 Viewer)

mynamejefe

Footballguy
I am about to begin a dynasty startup draft with IDP. Any advice on where I can find good IDP player rankings and how to prioritize them in a startup draft would be much appreciated! The roster is:

1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1 Flex(RB/WR/TE) 1 Flex(QB/RB/WR/TE) and 4 IDP Flex (not position specific).

IDP Scoring is as follows:

IDP TD 7; Sack 2; Tackle for Loss .75; Blocked Punt PAT or FG 4; Interception 4; Fumble Recovery 3; Forced Fumble 3; Safety 4; Assisted Tackle .25; Solo Tackle .5; Pass Defended 1

Thanks for your advice!

I am about to begin a dynasty startup draft with IDP. Any advice on where I can find good IDP player rankings and how to prioritize them in a startup draft would be much appreciated! The roster is:

1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1 Flex(RB/WR/TE) 1 Flex(QB/RB/WR/TE) and 4 IDP Flex (not position specific).

IDP Scoring is as follows:

IDP TD 7; Sack 2; Tackle for Loss .75; Blocked Punt PAT or FG 4; Interception 4; Fumble Recovery 3; Forced Fumble 3; Safety 4; Assisted Tackle .25; Solo Tackle .5; Pass Defended 1

Thanks for your advice!
That’s a very low scoring for tackles, so unlike most idp leagues you’re going to want to avoid the pure tackle-accumulators that generally end up atop most ranking lists.  Go for guys with more big-play upside.

That said, with only 4 players per team and no position requirements there are going to be a lot of idp to choose between.  And even your big play scoring isn’t that high.  Waiver wire should have plenty of usable talent.

In this league I would aggressively prioritize my offensive build, treat it almost like a non-idp draft till I had a solid offense built.  Maybe sprinkle in one elite LB early if the opportunity arises.  

As with any idp, avoid DBs until late.  Their performances are by far the least consistent year to year vs. the top tier LB or DL.

Your scoring system essentially neuter's the IDP side of the ball.  You don't play enough IDP players and the scoring is so low they can really be an afterthought.  You won't be losing much if you work the waiver wires properly and research heavily to find the no-name guys that should produce like the name guys.  This aspect is what separates IDP leagues - you actually have to work to figure the stuff out instead of just using cheat sheets that every knows for the offensive side (basically there are no secrets).

I would build like Arodin stated.  Focus on Offense completely for most of the draft.  You will have plenty of opportunity on the waiver wire to fill in your defense once you see guys that are starting out well.  I probably wouldn't even get more than 4 or 5 IDP's in the draft.  You can fill in the rest off the waiver wire once you see who is performing for the year.  I wouldn't take any DB's early in the season as you don't have to play them and they vary so much.   Focus on sack guys and guys that force turnovers.  Monitor the DB's though because there are always a few that come on each year.  Figure those out early and don't be afraid to take the high INT guy as there is always a couple each year.  Your scoring really rewards that so you can take some chances there. 

I would be curious to see the breakdown of your scoring leaders for the season and weekly.  I would bet you won't see any IDP's in the top 20-30 players each week. 

Users who are viewing this thread