What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jerry Jeudy, CLE (1 Viewer)

Ooof, I'm sorry you invested so heavily in youth (and a player 10 months removed from a torn ACL) in the worst offseason for rookies in the history of the league.  I'm assuming this is redraft, yes?
Yes it is redraft.  Week 1 wasn't so good as McLaurin was shut down and Brown injured.  last week was fine with McLaurin good day and Corey Davis looking great. 

If I can weather another week or two I think at least one of the kids in bold will emerge as a solid #2 WR.  Paired with McLaurin and or Brown I think I'll be OK.  Perhaps I'm seeing this through colored vision though.  I might be making an effort to pry away one of the established stars soon.  Like go after Julio Jones offering a couple players.  We'll see.  League isn't stupid so I have to make it somewhat fair.

Jerry Jeudy (ribs) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Jeudy is now the Broncos' top wide receiver with Courtland Sutton sidelined for the season. Through two games, the rookie has caught 8-of-15 targets for 118 yards. It remains to be seen how much the offense will change over the next few weeks with Jeff Driskel at quarterback, but rolling with Jeudy as a FLEX option is understandable.

Sep 23, 2020, 6:44 PM ET

Ask Aric: Is Jerry Jeudy ready to step up?

Excerpt:

Do you think Jeudy has what it takes to be the No. 1 guy now ? — Daniel L.

I certainly hope so, and there are signs that suggest he's ready to assume a bigger role. Through two games, he already has five receptions of at least 15 yards and has tallied eight total catches for 118 yards. There is still room for him to grow, obviously. He needs to get more comfortable catching passes across the middle, and his timing on deep passes needs to be shored up. The rookie clearly has talent, though. He's created great separation and is hard to bring down after the catch because of his elusiveness. I'm sure he'll have some ups and downs throughout the season, but when the Broncos trot out for Week 1 in 2021 with Jeudy and a hopefully healthy Sutton, I think they'll be better for this experience. It's a crash course that no one wanted him to undergo, but Jeudy will get invaluable reps and experience as the team's No. 1 option because of Sutton's injury.

This game will be the test to see what Jeudy can do to command targets by elevating his game.

Has the opportunity to go out and prove it. Fant appeared to be the most effective receiver in this offense NFL and FF-wise, but it's more Hamler that Jeudy has to worry about -- while Fant and Jeudy's targets and catches were consistent under Locke, Hamler came in and had more snaps and just as many targets as Jeudy, with similar results.

This offense may spread it around and Jeudy may be 4-5 catch, 50-60 yard guy consistently, but that's not what we need out of a flex. We want to see WR2 upside, and while Jeudy has been steady, he can be much better in reeling in balls and step up to take Sutton's place in this offense.

Game on, Jeudy. 

This game will be the test to see what Jeudy can do to command targets by elevating his game.

Has the opportunity to go out and prove it. Fant appeared to be the most effective receiver in this offense NFL and FF-wise, but it's more Hamler that Jeudy has to worry about -- while Fant and Jeudy's targets and catches were consistent under Locke, Hamler came in and had more snaps and just as many targets as Jeudy, with similar results.

This offense may spread it around and Jeudy may be 4-5 catch, 50-60 yard guy consistently, but that's not what we need out of a flex. We want to see WR2 upside, and while Jeudy has been steady, he can be much better in reeling in balls and step up to take Sutton's place in this offense.

Game on, Jeudy. 
Just added Jeudy to the roster.   He should get a fair amount of targets and I expect his talent to eventually come through this season.   It isn’t going to be pretty every week though since he is a rookie and has questionable QBs passing the ball.   

Just added Jeudy to the roster.   He should get a fair amount of targets and I expect his talent to eventually come through this season.   It isn’t going to be pretty every week though since he is a rookie and has questionable QBs passing the ball.   
mega short benches or what?

mega short benches or what?
Yes.   The league has always had short benches and two guys quit the league a day before the draft.    Rather than scramble for new teams we dropped to ten teams this year,   It’s crazy.   Every team looks stacked and the WW is stocked with players.  

Fangio says Jeudy is a game time decision per Zac Stevens 
Rotoworld take:

Broncos head coach Vic Fangio said WR Jerry Jeudy will be a game time decision for Week 3 against the Bucs. 

Jeudy was listed as questionable. He was targeted seven times last week against the Steelers. If he's inactive this Sunday, rookie KJ Hamler -- who made his debut last week -- becomes a sneaky fantasy play. The speedy wideout could default into volume in what's likely to be a pass heavy Denver offense. Hamler got seven targets while playing 62 percent of the team's offensive snaps in Week 2. 

RELATED: 

KJ Hamler

SOURCE: Zac Stevens on Twitter 

Sep 25, 2020, 4:55 PM ET

Jerry Jeudy (ribs) is active for Week 3 against the Bucs.

Jeudy was a game-time decision but will play through his questionable tag. He's in line for more snaps with Courtland Sutton out, though the injury and Denver's quarterback situation are concerns. The Broncos inactives are QB Drew Lock, QB Blake Bortles, RB Phillip Lindsay, CB Davontae Harris, TE Nick Vannett, TE Albert Okwuegbunam, and OG Netane Muti. 

Sep 27, 2020, 2:57 PM ET

Jerry Jeudy caught 5-of-8 targets for 55 yards in Week 3 against the Bucs.

Jeudy played through a questionable tag but looked fully healthy. His eight targets were behind only Noah Fant (10). The Broncos moved Jeudy around a lot, using him both in the slot and outside. Jeudy's quarterback play caps his upside, but he should be helped by pass heavy gamescripts with Drew Lock out.

Sep 27, 2020, 7:51 PM ET

Jerry Jeudy caught 5-of-8 targets for 55 yards in Week 3 against the Bucs.

Jeudy played through a questionable tag but looked fully healthy. His eight targets were behind only Noah Fant (10). The Broncos moved Jeudy around a lot, using him both in the slot and outside. Jeudy's quarterback play caps his upside, but he should be helped by pass heavy gamescripts with Drew Lock out.
The last 2 sentences have me thinking Jeudy may be a good bench WR to have for bye weeks, with hopefully a consistently decent floor each week.

Jerry Jeudy caught 2-of-3 targets for 61 yards and a touchdown in the Broncos' Week 4 win over the Jets. 

No. 3 quarterback Brett Rypien appeared to almost literally be targeting Jets CB Pierre Desir, but Jeudy went over the top and stole the ball for a 48-yard touchdown. That it was one of only two grabs was highly disappointing on a night where both K.J. Hamler and Noah Fant departed with injury. Jeudy offers big-play potential for the Broncos' increasingly desperate and short-handed offense, but he will be a zero-floor WR4 for next week's road trip to New England. 

Oct 2, 2020, 12:18 AM ET

I don't think Jeudy is startable period.

In a game with Fant out and Jeudy set up to get a bump in targets/catches he fails to deliver again for owners, and it's Patrick who was the most productive. 

Okwuegbunam had more targets.

I really thought he could be a dependable flex with WR2 upside. He's neither right now and the trend established this season makes it doubtful he can be.

Jerry Jeudy caught 2-of-5 targets for 32 yards in Week 6 against the Broncos.

Jeudy struggled to get open when he was on Stephon Gilmore's side of the field. His targets have been trending down despite KJ Hamler and Noah Fant missing time, with just eight over the last two games. Jeudy's role could further decline if Hamler returns in Week 7.

Oct 18, 2020, 4:41 PM ET

Jerry Jeudy caught 2-of-4 targets for 20 yards in the Broncos' Week 7 loss to the Chiefs. 

With KJ Hamler (hamstring) back from his marathon injury absence, Jeudy posted his fewest yards of the season. With Drew Lock playing exceptionally poorly, Jeudy has only 52 yards across his past two appearances. Lock is making it impossible for Jeudy to carve out reliable WR4 value. That will include for Week 8 vs. the Chargers. 

Oct 25, 2020, 7:55 PM ET

Double digit targets on Sunday,  although didn’t do much with them. Hoping it’s a sign of increased involvement for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
 Honestly thought he would be better. So much talk about him being the most polished WR coming out in a long time. Not saying he still can't be a great player in the league but definitely underwhelming thus far...

Honestly thought he would be better. So much talk about him being the most polished WR coming out in a long time. Not saying he still can't be a great player in the league but definitely underwhelming thus far...
Agreed. To be fair, his QBs haven’t done him any favors.

Broncos WR Jerry Jeudy isn't practicing Wednesday.

We're still waiting on the injury. Jeudy had a 7/125/1 line on an 84 percent snap share in Week 9.

SOURCE: 9News Denver

Nov 11, 2020, 3:06 PM ET

Jerry Jeudy (shoulder) is questionable for Week 10 against the Raiders.

Jeudy is listed as questionable on the team's injury report, but coach Vic Fangio said this afternoon that he "expects" the rookie to play. Fresh off career-highs in targets (14), catches (7) and receiving yards (125) against the Falcons, Jeudy is a lock-and-load WR2 in the week's third-highest implied total (51). Tim Patrick would benefit greatly if Jeudy is surprisingly ruled out.

Nov 13, 2020, 4:01 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Broncos WR Jerry Jeudy (shoulder, questionable) is expected to play in Week 10 against the Raiders.

Broncos coach Vic Fangio said earlier in the week that he "expects" Jeudy to play so Rapoport's report just affirms Fangio's statement. Jeudy didn't log a full practice but Fangio's optimism indicates that shouldn't be limited versus Las Vegas. Coming off career-highs in every receiving category (7/125/1), Jeeudy has solidified himself as a WR2 and can be comfortably started in all leagues.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 15, 2020, 8:12 AM ET

Jerry Jeudy was limited in Wednesday and Thursday's practices with an ankle issue.

We haven't see any concern over Jeudy's Week 11 status against the Dolphins. Jeudy played through a shoulder ailment last week. Jeudy's concern is who will be under center against Miami's elite defense. Whether it is Brett Rypien or an ailing Drew Lock, he will be best treated as a volatile WR3. 

Nov 19, 2020, 4:41 PM ET

Jerry Jeudy (ankle, Achilles') was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Jeudy was on the injury report with an ankle issue last week and played through it, posting a measly 3-37 line on eight targets against the Dolphins. He'll be a WR2/3 for Week 12 against the Saints, assuming he plays.

Nov 25, 2020, 4:58 PM ET

Would like to see how Jeudy could do with a better QB. The team seems committed to Lock, but hopefully will change next year if he doesn’t start showing major improvement.

Jerry Jeudy (ankle, Achilles') is questionable for Week 12 against the Saints.

The Broncos didn't practice on Friday but Jeudy was listed as 'limited' on the team's estimated report. It's worth noting that he was on the team's final injury report with the same limp last week but still played 63% of the team's snaps. Even if he's available, Jeudy's lingering injury coupled with New Orleans' stout defensive play of late renders the rookie nothing more than a WR3/4 for Week 12.

Nov 27, 2020, 4:07 PM ET

PREVIOUSNEXT

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Broncos WR Jerry Jeudy (ankle, Achilles') is expected to play in Week 12 against the Saints.

He's unlikely to be doing much versus the Saints as practice squad WR Kendall Hinton is drawing the start under center. Healthy or not, Jeudy can't be started this week because of his team's quarterback situation. He'll return to WR2 status once they get an actual QB back under center.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 29, 2020, 9:49 AM ET

Jerry Jeudy did not catch his only target in the Broncos' Week 12 loss to the Saints. 

Noah Fant was the only Denver player to catch a pass with practice squad receiver Kendall Hinton under center for the Broncos. Fantasy players can't hold Week 12 against Jeudy, or any Denver player. Jeudy, who has struggled through Achilles and ankle injuries, should return to WR3 status in Week 13 against KC. 

Nov 29, 2020, 8:37 PM ET

Jerry Jeudy (ankle) will be limited during Thursday's practice. 

He should be OK to play this week against KC if he's limited on Thursday and Friday. Jeudy, who leads the team with a 21 percent target share, would be a WR3 play against the Chiefs with Drew Lock back from the reserve/COVID-19 list. 

SOURCE: Jeff Legwold on Twitter 

Dec 3, 2020, 1:44 PM ET

Jerry Jeudy (ankle) is active for Week 13 against the Chiefs.

Phillip Lindsay (knee) is also active. Both will play through questionable tags. Jeudy is a WR3 with Drew Lock back from the reserve/COVID-19 list. The Broncos inactives are CB Kevin Toliver, RB Jeremy Cox, S Trey Marshall, LB Mark Barron, OG Netane Muti, and DL McTelvin Agim.

Dec 6, 2020, 7:01 PM ET

Maybe next year will be the year for this guy. Clearly has talent, runs beautiful routes, but just not going to get it done this year. Lock is too erratic and the target tree is too wide.

Maybe next year will be the year for this guy. Clearly has talent, runs beautiful routes, but just not going to get it done this year. Lock is too erratic and the target tree is too wide.
Seems like more of a WR2/3 type, dime a dozen for fantasy. I think people expecting more are going to be disappointed.

Jeudy looks good.  He is often open and the cb's have trouble keeping with him on his cuts.  The biggest reason for his lack of production is the horrible qb play.  Lock is wildly inaccurate, makes poor decisions and often throws of his back foot. 

Jerry Jeudy caught 1-of-4 targets for five yards in Week 13 against the Chiefs.

Jeudy was invisible, with his four targets behind Noah Fant and KJ Hamler. He may not have been 100 percent after playing through a questionable tag. Jeudy's ankle injury has limited him to four catches for 42 yards over the last three games. Fantasy managers should shy away from Jeudy for a matchup with the Panthers in Week 14.

Dec 7, 2020, 12:31 AM ET

Jeudy looks good.  He is often open and the cb's have trouble keeping with him on his cuts.  The biggest reason for his lack of production is the horrible qb play.  Lock is wildly inaccurate, makes poor decisions and often throws of his back foot. 
Agreed. He does a good job getting a free release, and has a lot of tools in his arsenal. That’s not apparent if you manage by box score.

Andy Dufresne said:
I thought he looked disinterested last night. 
It's not the first time either. There was a 2pt attempt a couple weeks ago he didn't even run his route and gave away points. 

He had a tweet that he deleted and it said "at least I got my conditioning in last night"
Dysfunction setting in.

Joking, but seems waaaay to early for a rookie like Jeudy -- even one with the college career and draft capital he had -- to be whining about looks.

Jeudy needs to prove he can outplay Patrick and even Hamler (let alone Fant) to show he deserves the "squeaky wheel" treatment. 

Had no trouble jettisoning this guy from my team to build up depth into the playoffs.

Jerry Jeudy caught 1-of-5 targets for 19 yards in Week 15 against Buffalo.

None of the Broncos' receivers had more than 20 yards. Jeudy had the most targets among the Denver wideouts, but it didn't lead to anything with Drew Lock checking down to his tight ends and running backs. Jeudy hasn't topped 70 yards since Week 9. He has just seven receptions over the last five games. 

Dec 19, 2020, 8:44 PM ET

Great to see 15 targets today, but he’s dropping a ton of passes. Not sure it’s frustration or concentration, but something he’s going to have to work on big time in the offseason.

Jerry Jeudy had the fifth most air yards in the NFL this season. 

The rookie only trailed Calvin Ridley, Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs, and D.K. Metcalf in air yards. Jeudy's 12.9 air yards per target was higher than all of the top four receivers besides Ridley. His rookie year usage could hardly be more encouraging, as Jeudy commanded a team-high 21 percent target share. He separated himself from Tim Patrick as the Broncos' No. 1 wideout in the season's final month, becoming Drew Lock's main target. Jeudy continuing his target and air yard dominance could make him a premiere 2021 fantasy draft value at wide receiver. 

RELATED: 

Tim Patrick

, Drew Lock

Jan 4, 2021, 9:33 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread