Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
knowledge dropper

TRUMP 2020 HQ - The Great Place

Recommended Posts

Today is the big day where our President announces his re-election bid.   I figured a thread was needed to discuss the upcoming election strategy and his successful first term. 

 

Edited by knowledge dropper
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

100,000 people expected. Very impressive.

Those of us who want to defeat President Trump need to keep in mind that he retains the support of around 40% of the country, and that is a strong support that will not waver. They're motivated, they will vote, and Trump will be difficult to defeat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

Rumor is he’s bringing back Bannon.  Kid gloves are coming off.  :boxing:

Getting the old gang back together for another run?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I thought Trump supporters all had jobs and were too busy?  Isn't that what we always hear against protesters?

Taking vacation days.  A Trump rally is like a rock festival.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, knowledge dropper said:

Taking vacation days.  A Trump rally is like a rock festival.   

So protesters don't take vacation days?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Rumor is he’s bringing back Bannon.  Kid gloves are coming off.  :boxing:

Axios recently did a pretty good ten minute or so expose on Bannon's activities in Italy.  Are you sure, as a Trump supporter, this is the guy you want back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, supermike80 said:

So...you just wanna pick a fight?

I didn't realize I was.  Just trying to understand how Trump supporters think.  People that are out protesting don't have jobs and people out waiting for a Trump rally are taking vacation days from work from what I hear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Taking vacation days.  A Trump rally is like a rock festival.   

….and night shift guys. Hard working Americans will get up and support the great commander in chief at all hours sacrificing sleep in the name of democracy.

Edited by lod001
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, supermike80 said:

So...you just wanna pick a fight?

I figured the trolling would start quickly.  

 

This is intended to be a positive place to celebrate and strategize.   

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zow said:

Axios recently did a pretty good ten minute or so expose on Bannon's activities in Italy.  Are you sure, as a Trump supporter, this is the guy you want back?

It’s going to be a dirty campaign.  Who better than BANNON.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's true that 100K showed up to this, then the democrats might be really getting nervous about yet again underestimating Trump's draw(or over estimating their own?).  

 

It's going to be an interesting year or so...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

I figured the trolling would start quickly.  

 

This is intended to be a positive place to celebrate and strategize.   

Asking legitimate questions isn’t trolling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know about Bannon, but I do think that Trump is going to fight a very nasty campaign. And that worked for him in 2016, not so much in 2018.

Whether or not it will work in 2020 depends largely IMO on a variety of factors, the most important one being who he faces. I think he needs somebody from the progressive wing of the Democratic party. Trump needs to be able to attack the Green New Deal and socialized medicine and socialism in general. He can't make those arguments work against a centrist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When’s the rally supposed to happen?  I work downtown here and there’s really nothing going on outside of some annoying road closures.  Also, no offense, but today ain’t close to hot or sunny 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

If it's true that 100K showed up to this, then the democrats might be really getting nervous about yet again underestimating Trump's draw(or over estimating their own?).  

 

It's going to be an interesting year or so...

Polls are never going to be able to quantify the Trump support.  They don’t want to.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lod001 said:

….and night shift guys. Hard working Americans will get up and support the great commander in chief at all hours sacrificing sleep in the name of democracy.

I actually agree with this.  I believe the majority of these people are taking days off of work, work different hours or are retired.  I also believe the same is true for those who protest Trump yet I have never seen a Trump supporter make such claims, just that they don't have jobs.  I just felt like pointing out some hypocrisy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, timschochet said:

Don't know about Bannon, but I do think that Trump is going to fight a very nasty campaign. And that worked for him in 2016, not so much in 2018.

Whether or not it will work in 2020 depends largely IMO on a variety of factors, the most important one being who he faces. I think he needs somebody from the progressive wing of the Democratic party. Trump needs to be able to attack the Green New Deal and socialized medicine and socialism in general. He can't make those arguments work against a centrist.

Any candidate could win against the progressive wing of the Democratic party.  That isn't a stretch.  That side is still way off in many areas from what mainstream america is when it comes to LGBTQ rights, abortion, universal healthcare, free education, income and wealth distribution, reparations..and on and on....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, knowledge dropper said:

Polls are never going to be able to quantify the Trump support.  They don’t want to.  

The bolded is certainly not true.

I would imagine that if the pollsters are wrong about Trump again in 2020 several of them will go out of business. I am guessing that they are being exceedingly cautious, and the current polling is even worse for Trump at the present time than is being reported.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

 

Including the Proud Boys.

Weird how they or groups like them always show up at Trump rallies.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I actually agree with this.  I believe the majority of these people are taking days off of work, work different hours or are retired.  I also believe the same is true for those who protest Trump yet I have never seen a Trump supporter make such claims, just that they don't have jobs.  I just felt like pointing out some hypocrisy.

Cool..We all are now up to speed.  Feel better?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, That one guy said:

When’s the rally supposed to happen?  I work downtown here and there’s really nothing going on outside of some annoying road closures.  Also, no offense, but today ain’t close to hot or sunny 

88 for a high and thunderstorms.  :shrug: Sounds like commitment to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

A page one post insinuating Trump is racist.  Like moths to a flame.  You guy’s really can’t help yourselves.   

Seems all that was done was asking why those guys always show up at Trump events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

A page one post insinuating Trump is racist.  Like moths to a flame.  You guy’s really can’t help yourselves.   

Now, I’m not calling Mr. Trump a racist. I’m simply saying the racists believe he’s a racist.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With his intentions official, let’s handicap the field. 

The only Democrat in the announced field that poses any threat, in my opinion,  is Biden.  He should cruise over anyone else.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

Always?  

Link please.   

You can ask him...I didn’t make the claim.  Just pointed out the inaccuracy of your accusation.

Also hyperbole was being used.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, knowledge dropper said:

With his intentions official, let’s handicap the field. 

The only Democrat in the announced field that poses any threat, in my opinion,  is Biden.  He should cruise over anyone else.  

Mayor Pete and several others say hi....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Juxtatarot said:

It would be nice if liberals mostly avoided arguing points in this thread. Probably won’t happen though.

I'm not a liberal, just don't like Trump and I find it interesting how people can support him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

You can ask him...I didn’t make the claim.  Just pointed out the inaccuracy of your accusation.

Also hyperbole was being used.  

So what you posted was a falsehood intended to get a reaction?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maurile Tremblay said:

Now that America is has been made great again, what will his 2020 campaign slogan be?

Aren't his supporters saying Keep America Great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

So what you posted was a falsehood intended to get a reaction?  

No...nothing I posted was false or meant to get a reaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

Now that America is has been made great again, what will his 2020 campaign slogan be?

I think it will be something about Keeping America Great.  I am anxiously awaiting, so I can get the new hat.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

Stop it.  No chance he beats Trump.  

Why?

I think he has a great chance if he wins the nomination.  Can talk circles around Trump without being childish about it.  Intelligent and well spoken and a veteran.  A person dedicated to service to his community and country. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I do enjoy calling out hypocrisy.

Get you're own shtick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not a liberal, just don't like Trump and I find it interesting how people can support him.

Fair enough. You too! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.