What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (7 Viewers)

I posted in here when I found out the green light was given to the contract to start one of the new walls along the border south of Tuscon, nobody seemed to care.  It's started.  The contractor is getting paid twice a week because the courts could stop the $1.3 billion dollars of funding (for that particular contract) at any time.

That being said those projects won't be done by 2020.  No way in hell all 5 billion promised, no government projects move that fast.  The only way you get 5 billion done in 4 years is breaking it up into 5 different one billion dollar jobs (or more) and they would all have to break ground starting day 1 to even have a shot.

A second term might get him much closer.
Its crazy to me that this fence he’s building is a big deal to people but it was what got him elected so it’s important for his hardcore base.

This is the money that he took from other areas under the “national emergency” guise, correct?

Sometimes, not often, but once in a while, I feel sorry for Trump. 

I was listening to what he said over the weekend about North Korea. The part that got reported was the dumb lie about Melania knowing Kim. But the gist of his statement was that North Korea has so much potential as a country. 

It struck me as both a plea of sorts and a dream. I think Trump honestly has a romantic vision of the world in which the solution to every problem is beach resorts, golf courses, vacation spots. He has said the same thing about both Iran and Palestine- if they simply became our friends, look at all of the choice waterfront property that could be developed!  This is an old line of thinking, dating back to Eisenhower and LBJ- the idea that the rest of the world wants our prosperity and that we can solve the world’s problems by extending America across the globe. Trump has tweaked it as a real estate and resort guy. But it’s the same romantic theory. I feel sorry for him because he seems honestly bewildered as to why this well-meaning simplistic formula is failing. 
I feel sorry for a regular guy who feels this way.  Maybe the drunkard at the bar.  Someone who ran for and became president?  They have no excuse to be this misinformed.  I

You, and anyone else, have the right to believe what you want to believe. My point was that anytime some unverified or anonymous story comes out there are those that immediately call out Trump supporters for comment, insisting that they too must believe the story. Yes, I think it's entirely possible that this is true but I also prefer to withhold judgement until provided with proof. 
Maybe we should ask the WH Chief of Staff. Perhaps the Secretary of Homeland Security or Secretary of Defense. Maybe the Office of Management and Budget Director? How about ICE Director or Secretary of the Interior?   I mean surely one of these people would be able to confirm or deny this report. 

Maybe we should ask the WH Chief of Staff. Perhaps the Secretary of Homeland Security or Secretary of Defense. Maybe the Office of Management and Budget Director? How about ICE Director or Secretary of the Interior?   I mean surely one of these people would be able to confirm or deny this report. 
Has Trump's new press secretary even given a press conference yet?

Has Trump's new press secretary even given a press conference yet?
A very brief one. She said that President Trump couldn’t attend the climate change meeting at the G7 because he already had meetings scheduled with the German and Indian ministers, both of whom were at the climate change meeting. 

"If you break the law, don't worry, I will pardon you."

Question for Trump supporters: the White House says this is a fake story, Trump was joking. Trump himself says this never happened. Assuming that it did happen, is this an impeachable offense?
Not a single response to this question from a Trump supporter. They consistently complain in this thread about being trolled, yet they for the most part  refuse to engage in serious discussion. 

timschochet said:
Not a single response to this question from a Trump supporter. They consistently complain in this thread about being trolled, yet they for the most part  refuse to engage in serious discussion. 
They probably all put you on ignore by now.   Also for the 10th time, several got a timeout from the same mod so how the hell are they supposed to respond to you?

They probably all put you on ignore by now.   Also for the 10th time, several got a timeout from the same mod so how the hell are they supposed to respond to you?
Most of them were here yesterday. They were all posting right before I asked my question. 

And why would they put me on ignore? 

ETA good luck to your team tonight. I don’t like Clemson so I will be rooting for the huge upset. 

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao:   

Donald J. Trump✔@realDonaldTrump

A sad day for the Democrats, Kirsten Gillibrand has dropped out of the Presidential Primary. I’m glad they never found out that she was the one I was really afraid of!

6:26 PM - Aug 28, 2019

Hint for certain posters: He was joking.

ETA good luck to your team tonight. I don’t like Clemson so I will be rooting for the huge upset. 
Not happening tonight or likely in 2019 but I really like Geoff Collins and he's going to do well there.  Got a kid to de-commit from Alabama yesterday who everyone thinks is going to commit to GT soon.

Most of them were here yesterday. They were all posting right before I asked my question. 

And why would they put me on ignore? 

You mean yesterday when the 2 or 3 that aren't suspended were here posting about how they weren't going to post here during draft week because it's just not worth it?  Gee I wonder why they aren't responding. 

You mean yesterday when the 2 or 3 that aren't suspended were here posting about how they weren't going to post here during draft week because it's just not worth it?  Gee I wonder why they aren't responding. 
Why can't they respond to a simple question and answer it in a way that doesn't result in being booted? Honest question

Sheriff Bart said:

All of these positions are unfilled so they 

would be able to confirm, deny or even offer a "no comment" if they were. It's almost like Trump doesn't want accountability for his actions.

But it wasn’t a trolling question. I admit it was a challenging  question for a Trump fan to answer but it was a fair one. What do YOU think? If Trump encouraged lawbreaking and promised pardons, is that an impeachable offense? 

But it wasn’t a trolling question. I admit it was a challenging  question for a Trump fan to answer but it was a fair one. What do YOU think? If Trump encouraged lawbreaking and promised pardons, is that an impeachable offense? 
I think it's just one more stupid thing said by Trump. He says #### like that all the time. No its not an impeachable offence any more than " Russia if you're listening".  I dont think you just impeach for saying dumb stuff. Otherwise you look silly like all those people in the But Russia thread. 

You'd be surprised at what gets reported around here. Even more surprised at what a couple of the lib mods will suspend you for. 
Let's cut out the pretense of the thread as the thread is dead. I mean if we're going to turn this into a moderation and victimization thread then so be it. This is such quintessential Trumpian behavior. I'm really not criticizing you, I promise, but this entire reporting/victim thing is entirely a phenomena of the Trump era. It didn't happen before 2015. Trump people feel disenfranchised. They feel persecuted. Over and over again. It's really not a FBGs thing. This is just a microcosm of the country as a whole. Oh the president doesn't lie, the press lies. Oh the president didn't commit crimes, the prosecutors are the criminals. Oh that wasn't an esteemed decorated American soldier and prosecutor testifying that was a really bad reality tv performance, that guy has a lousy Q rating and he's totally untelegenic, dontchyaknow? 

This, THIS - the torture, the victimization of the poor supporter who dares to speak out (!) is the real story here. Not these impertinent questions in a thread ostensibly about the issue being queries on the actual OP. Nooo, the oppression of the poor man who speaks troof to powah! Speak on brother, speak on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's cut out the pretense of the thread as the thread is dead. I mean if we're going to turn this into a moderation and victimization thread then so be it. This is such quintessential Trumpian behavior. I'm really not criticizing you, I promise, but this entire reporting/victim thing is entirely a phenomena of the Trump era. It didn't happen before 2015. Trump people feel disenfranchised. They feel persecuted. Over and over again. It's really not a FBGs thing. This is just a microcosm of the country as a whole. Oh the president doesn't lie, the press lies. Oh the president didn't commit crimes, the prosecutors are the criminals. Oh that wasn't an esteemed decorated American soldier and prosecutor testifying that was a really bad reality tv performance, that guy has a lousy Q rating and he's totally untelegenic, dontchyaknow? 

This, THIS - the torture, the victimization of the poor supporter who dares to speak out (!) is the real story here. Not these impertinent questions in a thread ostensibly about the issue being queries on the actual OP. Nooo, the oppression of the poor man who speaks troof to powah! Speak on brother, speak on.
feel better?

Does Eminent Domain not come into play when acquiring land for the wall?

No, suggesting a pardon for law breaking is not an impeachable offense, actually doing it is another story. 

Megla wanted me to let all of you know that he got suspended for a week on here.

This is a real ####ty move by you . Just saying 

Come on Sho, stop getting people in here suspended its football season the mods don’t need this as busy as they are. 
I don't care to hear any complaining from Trump supporters when they post gems like this.  At least HT apologized shortly after, even though he also liked GoBirds post.  Far too much shtick going on in here with way too much whining as well.

No, suggesting a pardon for law breaking is not an impeachable offense, actually doing it is another story. 
Hmm.  Not a lawyer, but I think typically offering someone an incentive to commit a crime on your behalf is a crime itself.  

What would you say if Trump offered companies tax breaks to thwart existing laws and build the fence. Or what if he offered someone a cabinet position if they hurried along the illegal taking if land? Or just straight up cash money?

Hmm.  Not a lawyer, but I think typically offering someone an incentive to commit a crime on your behalf is a crime itself.  

What would you say if Trump offered companies tax breaks to thwart existing laws and build the fence. Or what if he offered someone a cabinet position if they hurried along the illegal taking if land? Or just straight up cash money?
Sounds like business as usual in politics, just saying.

All you have to say is that you were joking and then it all goes away.

Does Eminent Domain not come into play when acquiring land for the wall?

I have tried to accurately describe how absurd this position at least 5 times now before having to delete the sentence because an accurate characterization would get me suspended.

Suggesting a pardon for committing a crime encourages the commission of the crime, full stop. If you offer someone something in order to entice them to commit a crime, neither their failure to follow through on the crime or your failure to follow through on the promise is a defense. 

If it helps, imagine the crime is something simple like murder instead of something complicated like ignoring the Constitution, and imagine the enticement is something simple like money instead of something complicated like a pardon and political favoritism.  See the problem now?

All you have to say is that you were joking and then it all goes away.
If people don't think these things go on behind closed doors, they're being naive, it always has and it always will, Trumps mistake is he just has not buffer and can't keep things quiet, I'm not sure if that is bad or not, JMO

I think it's just one more stupid thing said by Trump. He says #### like that all the time. No its not an impeachable offence any more than " Russia if you're listening".  I dont think you just impeach for saying dumb stuff. Otherwise you look silly like all those people in the But Russia thread. 
So if I’m working for Trump, and I take him seriously and break the law, that’s my fault and not his? He was just “being stupid” and I should have realized it? Is this your position? 

I have tried to accurately describe how absurd this position at least 5 times now before having to delete the sentence because an accurate characterization would get me suspended.

Suggesting a pardon for committing a crime encourages the commission of the crime, full stop. If you offer someone something in order to entice them to commit a crime, neither their failure to follow through on the crime or your failure to follow through on the promise is a defense. 

If it helps, imagine the crime is something simple like murder instead of something complicated like ignoring the Constitution, and imagine the enticement is something simple like money instead of something complicated like a pardon and political favoritism.  See the problem now?
Didn't day it wasn't a problem, said it was business as usual in politics, it's just out in the open.

In no way am I saying it's right, I'm just saying its not an impeachable offense

If people don't think these things go on behind closed doors, they're being naive, it always has and it always will, Trumps mistake is he just has not buffer and can't keep things quiet, I'm not sure if that is bad or not, JMO
What is the basis for the bolded?  How many people who have actually worked in or covered politics for many years have to tell you that you're totally wrong about this and that this sort of thing is without precedent in modern American history for you to believe them over whatever it is that make you think this?

Do you believe that President Obama encouraged lawbreaking and offered pardons? President Bush? Reagan? Who exactly besides Trump are you accusing here? 

So if I’m working for Trump, and I take him seriously and break the law, that’s my fault and not his? He was just “being stupid” and I should have realized it? Is this your position? 
No Tim, I didn't assign fault or blame on anyone, I said its business as usual.

What is the basis for the bolded?  How many people who have actually worked in or covered politics for many years have to tell you that you're totally wrong about this and that this sort of thing is without precedent in modern American history for you to believe them over whatever it is that make you think this?
OK, as usual, my opinion is wrong, got it.

No Tim, I didn't assign fault or blame on anyone, I said its business as usual.
That was a question for tonydead. 

But your response is just as bizarre as his, IMO. Are you really saying that, because you assume (without evidence) that every President is corrupt, nothing should be done about corruption? 

That was a question for tonydead. 

But your response is just as bizarre as his, IMO. Are you really saying that, because you assume (without evidence) that every President is corrupt, nothing should be done about corruption? 
I'm saying politicians and lobbyist are corrupt, sure, I'd love to hear how you suggest they fix it

Users who are viewing this thread