Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
knowledge dropper

TRUMP 2020 HQ - The Great Place

Supreme Court allows broad enforcement of Trump asylum rule

https://apnews.com/a817cf3affb04f3d8ad3c4940366a5fe

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court is allowing nationwide enforcement of a new Trump administration rule that prevents most Central American migrants from seeking asylum in the United States.

The justices’ order late Wednesday temporarily undoes a lower court ruling that had blocked the new asylum policy in some states along the southern border. The policy is meant to deny asylum to anyone who passes through another country on the way to the U.S. without seeking protection there.

Most people crossing the southern border are Central Americans fleeing violence and poverty. They are largely ineligible under the new rule, as are asylum seekers from Africa, Asia and South America who arrive regularly at the southern border.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

51 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

:lmao:

this last page has a murderers row of trolls on it

They just can't help themselves.  Bizarro hobby to have.  :lol:    @timschochet you were supposed to take these guys with you!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tonydead said:

They just can't help themselves.  Bizarro hobby to have.  :lol:    @timschochet you were supposed to take these guys with you!

I asked them to leave as well. You deserve to have this thread to yourselves to spew your nonsense without any rebuttal. I’m only posting in here right now because you mentioned me, but otherwise I won’t. Anytime one of you guys want to have a real debate  about President Trump you can always find me in one of the threads dedicated to serious discussion. Of course if you start the nonsense there I simply won’t respond.

Enjoy yourselves.  

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

2 hours ago, Apple Jack said:

The Republicans just very nearly lost a seat they've held since 1963.

Close only matters in hand grenades and horseshoes. 

7 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

Crowd size is important because mainstream media and leftists try to marginalize Trump support at every turn. They try to paint the support as some type of fringe movement. It drives a lot of supporters crazy.  That mentality exists on this board every day. The Trump support is just Nazi’s, white nationalism, misogynists, abused uneducated women, and other slack jawed yokels (aka Deplorables).  The media and elitist insults have galvanized a large part of our country  

This is an excellent post, nicely encapsulating a mindset that most anti-Trumpers cannot fathom. This sort of thing is important to understand if we as a nation ever have any hope of bridging the nasty divide we're experiencing right now. 

I'm frustrated because the "sides" actually have a lot of common ground, but no one is willing to see it or discuss it. I know I get snarky toward Trump supporters sometimes and for that I apologize.  But I felt like I should say that I respect the views, concerns and opinions of my fellow Americans,  even if they dont align with mine. We're all in this together,  like it or not.

I'll leave your thread to you again.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I asked them to leave as well. You deserve to have this thread to yourselves to spew your nonsense without any rebuttal. I’m only posting in here right now because you mentioned me, but otherwise I won’t. Anytime one of you guys want to have a real debate  about President Trump you can always find me in one of the threads dedicated to serious discussion. Of course if you start the nonsense there I simply won’t respond.

Enjoy yourselves.  

Those other threads are some serious business.

29 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Close only matters in hand grenades and horseshoes. 

Sure. The point was that bragging about it from the republican side was pretty laughable.

Just now, sho nuff said:

Sure. The point was that bragging about it from the republican side was pretty laughable.

A win is a win. That isn't laughable. Keep trolling.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

So this black guy doesn't think Trump is a racist but the echo chamber does.  Got it!

I’m just glad the guy came to his senses. He makes so many great points.

Expecting a tweet about this any moment now.

Edited by The General
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

So this black guy doesn't think Trump is a racist but the echo chamber does.  Got it!

What about these Americans? They part of the echo chamber?

More than half of Americans say Trump is racist, including 80% of African-Americans, a new poll found.

A slim majority of Americans (51%) believe President Donald Trump is racist, according to a new national Quinnipiac poll, while 45% say he is not. The poll comes after Trump's criticism of lawmakers of color, including saying that congresswomen critical of his policies should "go back" to "totally broken" countries they're from, despite three of four of them being born in the US.

The poll found a significant divide between white people and people of color on whether Trump is racist:

46% of white people said Trump is racist, while 50% said he is not.

80% of black people said Trump is racist, while 11% said he is not.

55% of Latino people said Trump is racist, while 44% said he is not.

There was also a sharp split along partisan lines. A whopping 91% of Republicans said Trump is not racist, while just 8% said he is. Meanwhile, 86% of Democrats said Trump is racist as 9% said he's not.

Most independents (56%) said Trump is racist, while roughly four-in-10 said he's not.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/half-of-the-us-80-percent-african-americans-trump-racist-2019-7

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mile High said:

What about these Americans? They part of the echo chamber?

More than half of Americans say Trump is racist, including 80% of African-Americans, a new poll found.

A slim majority of Americans (51%) believe President Donald Trump is racist, according to a new national Quinnipiac poll, while 45% say he is not. The poll comes after Trump's criticism of lawmakers of color, including saying that congresswomen critical of his policies should "go back" to "totally broken" countries they're from, despite three of four of them being born in the US.

The poll found a significant divide between white people and people of color on whether Trump is racist:

46% of white people said Trump is racist, while 50% said he is not.

80% of black people said Trump is racist, while 11% said he is not.

55% of Latino people said Trump is racist, while 44% said he is not.

There was also a sharp split along partisan lines. A whopping 91% of Republicans said Trump is not racist, while just 8% said he is. Meanwhile, 86% of Democrats said Trump is racist as 9% said he's not.

Most independents (56%) said Trump is racist, while roughly four-in-10 said he's not.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/half-of-the-us-80-percent-african-americans-trump-racist-2019-7

So you are saying this guy is not very smart?

8 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

So you are saying this guy is not very smart?

I'm saying he's just one guy welcome to his own opinion. Same as all the people who answered in this poll 

Edited by Mile High

13 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Ok

I don't think Trump is a KKK racist but hes old white man racist. I know lots of those. They don't think they are racist,  but they are.

Edited by Mile High
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mile High said:

I don't think Trump is a KKK racist but hes a 73 year old white man racist. I know lots of those. They don't think they are racist,  but they are.

That statement is racist; color, age and gender.  Way to one up anyone that might be racist.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Don't Noonan said:
1 hour ago, The General said:

Gregory Cheadle, the black man President Donald Trump once described at a rally as “my African American,” is fed up.

After two years of frustration with the president’s rhetoric on race and the lack of diversity in the administration, Cheadle told PBS NewsHour he has decided to leave the Republican party and run for a seat in the U.S. House of Representative as an independent in 2020.

Now, the 62-year-old real estate broker, who supported the Republican approach to the economy, said he sees the party as pursuing a “pro-white” agenda and using black people like him as “political pawns.” The final straw for Cheadle came when he watched many Republicans defend Trump’s tweets telling four congresswomen of color, who are all American citizens, to go back to their countries, as well as defend the president’s attacks on Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., and his comments that Cummings’ hometown of Baltimore is “infested.”

“President Trump is a rich guy who is mired in white privilege to the extreme,” said Cheadle, of Redding, Calif., who switched from being an independent to a Republican in 2001. “Republicans are too sheepish to call him out on anything and they are afraid of losing their positions and losing any power themselves.”

...When pressed about whether he thought Cheadle was wrong to say Trump was pursuing a “pro-white” agenda, Trump said he didn’t know who Cheadle was. ...

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

16 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Gregory Cheadle, the black man President Donald Trump once described at a rally as “my African American,” is fed up.

After two years of frustration with the president’s rhetoric on race and the lack of diversity in the administration, Cheadle told PBS NewsHour he has decided to leave the Republican party and run for a seat in the U.S. House of Representative as an independent in 2020.

Now, the 62-year-old real estate broker, who supported the Republican approach to the economy, said he sees the party as pursuing a “pro-white” agenda and using black people like him as “political pawns.” The final straw for Cheadle came when he watched many Republicans defend Trump’s tweets telling four congresswomen of color, who are all American citizens, to go back to their countries, as well as defend the president’s attacks on Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., and his comments that Cummings’ hometown of Baltimore is “infested.”

“President Trump is a rich guy who is mired in white privilege to the extreme,” said Cheadle, of Redding, Calif., who switched from being an independent to a Republican in 2001. “Republicans are too sheepish to call him out on anything and they are afraid of losing their positions and losing any power themselves.”

...When pressed about whether he thought Cheadle was wrong to say Trump was pursuing a “pro-white” agenda, Trump said he didn’t know who Cheadle was. ...

Well, you see he didn't call Trump a racist. Just Pro-White, manipulative, has a "white superiority complex,  and is disgusted with his act :lol:

I didn't really think about the racist stuff when I posted the story, was just happy another was off the Trump Train. All aboard.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, The General said:

Well, you see he didn't call Trump a racist. Just Pro-White, manipulative, has a "white superiority complex,  and is disgusted with his act :lol:

I didn't really think about the racist stuff when I posted the story, was just happy another was off the Trump Train. All aboard.

In fact, he said he wouldn't call Trump a racist.  I wonder why Saints left that quote out?  :lol:

1 hour ago, Don't Noonan said:

In fact, he said he wouldn't call Trump a racist.  I wonder why Saints left that quote out?  :lol:

Saints does that often.

12 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:

Multiple threads here dedicated to bashing Trump yet this thread attracts the usual suspects. If I posted a triple laughing emoji, Clayton or Aaron would have given me a month. :lmao:

Just shows they aren't here to "debate their specific issues" but only to repeat the same stale arguments with anyone that isn't hysterical against Trump. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

It was mostly posted as a joke since Trump's line "Were's my African American at" was one of the many bizarre things candidate donald said. But, that was the important takeaway you got from the guy's quotes in the article?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:
12 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

Saints does that often.

Cheadle said he wouldn’t use the term “racist” to describe the president but believes he has a “white superiority complex.”

“When you look at his appointments for the bench: White, white, white, white white, white, white,” Cheadle said. “That to me is really damning to everybody else because no one else gets a chance because he’s thinking that the whites are superior, period.”

- eta - Fwiw I agree with General, the article is funny because it's so quintessentially Trump - and he claims he doesn't even remember the guy - but yeah it's also quintessentially Trumpismo to claim he didn't say what he clearly said.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 2

Some fun facts about counties that voted for Trump:

Click here if you want the links/sources  https://np.reddit.com/r/news/comments/d37fbz/us_denies_protective_status_to_bahamas_hurricane/f00qs2h/

13/15 states with the lowest rate of college education attainment voted for Trump

36% of the GDP was produced in Trump voting counties in 2016, down from 46% of the GDP produced by Bush voting counties in 2000. 

The only income group that Republicans gained in terms of vote percentage between the 2004 and 2016 elections was those earning less 30k

14/15 states with the highest rates of poverty voted for Trump. 

24/25 most obese states voted for Trump as did 21/22 most overweight white states. 

13/15 states with the highest rates of infant mortality voted for Trump. 

12/15 states with the highest rates of maternal mortality voted for Trump.

18/30 (60%) of states that voted for Trump saw increases of suicides of 30% or more (compared to a national average of 25%) since 2000. 

In counties with higher than average rates of opioid use, 60% of the voters voted for Trump, compared to only 39% voting for Trump in places with below average rates. 

While a proportionate 9/15 states with the highest prevalence of binge drinking voted for Trump, 17/19 states where binge drinkers drink the most also voted for Trump in 2016 and alcoholism is disproportionately killing more people in rural areas. 

The CommonWealth group compiled a report that was released a few weeks ago that ranked the overall healthcare outcomes (page 17/65) of all 50 states. 18/20 worst performing states voted for Trump.

The areas of the country that most strongly voted for Trump had the highest increases in mortality over the past 35 years. 

In Rural America, 9.1 percent of the working-age population receives disability, compared to the national average of 6.5 percent and an urban rate of 4.9 percent. 

All of the Trump voting states at the bottom of the rankings have been voting Republican for decades: Mississippi, Alabama, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Louisiana, South Dakota, Kentucky, Arkansas, Indiana, Wyoming, Georgia, West Virginia.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

On 9/12/2019 at 10:40 AM, John Blutarsky said:

Multiple threads here dedicated to bashing Trump yet this thread attracts the usual suspects. If I posted a triple laughing emoji, Clayton or Aaron would have given me a month. :lmao:

Very :goodposting:. The beat goes on in here . They can’t help themselves 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, McJose said:

Click here if you want the links/sources  https://np.reddit.com/r/news/comments/d37fbz/us_denies_protective_status_to_bahamas_hurricane/f00qs2h/

I think these facts helps explain the support Trump gets and why he got the votes.  People that are desperate for help will often believe anyone that claims they can and will help them.  It's one of, but not the only reason, why Clinton's "deplorable" comment was so stupid.  Candidates need to listen more than they speak.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

True...some of us still discuss Trump and his chances...while others keep talking only about other posters.

Lately...his gaffes just continue to come...with little actual positive for or from him.

Edited by sho nuff

6 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

True...some of us still discuss Trump and his chances...while others keep talking only about other posters.

Lately...his gaffes just continue to come...with little actual positive for or from him.

No self awareness at all. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HellToupee said:

Very childish behavior, never seen anything like it. 

Have a good weekend boys. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GoBirds said:

Very childish behavior, never seen anything like it. 

Have a good weekend boys. 

You probably don’t follow DJT on Twitter. Makes this place look like Masterpiece Theater.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, McJose said:

13/15 states with the lowest rate of college education attainment voted for Trump

36% of the GDP was produced in Trump voting counties in 2016, down from 46% of the GDP produced by Bush voting counties in 2000. 

The only income group that Republicans gained in terms of vote percentage between the 2004 and 2016 elections was those earning less 30k

14/15 states with the highest rates of poverty voted for Trump. 

24/25 most obese states voted for Trump as did 21/22 most overweight white states. 

13/15 states with the highest rates of infant mortality voted for Trump. 

12/15 states with the highest rates of maternal mortality voted for Trump.

18/30 (60%) of states that voted for Trump saw increases of suicides of 30% or more (compared to a national average of 25%) since 2000. 

In counties with higher than average rates of opioid use, 60% of the voters voted for Trump, compared to only 39% voting for Trump in places with below average rates. 

While a proportionate 9/15 states with the highest prevalence of binge drinking voted for Trump, 17/19 states where binge drinkers drink the most also voted for Trump in 2016 and alcoholism is disproportionately killing more people in rural areas. 

The CommonWealth group compiled a report that was released a few weeks ago that ranked the overall healthcare outcomes (page 17/65) of all 50 states. 18/20 worst performing states voted for Trump.

The areas of the country that most strongly voted for Trump had the highest increases in mortality over the past 35 years. 

In Rural America, 9.1 percent of the working-age population receives disability, compared to the national average of 6.5 percent and an urban rate of 4.9 percent. 

All of the Trump voting states at the bottom of the rankings have been voting Republican for decades: Mississippi, Alabama, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Louisiana, South Dakota, Kentucky, Arkansas, Indiana, Wyoming, Georgia, West Virginia.

So Trump is the Devil.

On 9/7/2019 at 7:06 PM, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Bringing the Taliban to the United States of America.... amazingly disgusting in itself... then the president himself blowing the operational security on twitter. Really incredible....

....>>>> ON THE WEEK OF 9/11.

@Widbil83

@Don't Noonan

@knowledge dropper

@John Blutarsky

Sorry good buddy, I won’t be responding to any of this in season. I have a lifetime FBG subscription, commish multiple leagues, and am every pool imaginable here and just got a 2 week timeout for the most absurd infraction. Needless to say this has really screwed things up for me.

So with that being said, I have never felt more confident about a President Trump re-election. It’s just laughable to think any of these great Democrat Americans (who are in the race right now) can beat President Trump. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

Sorry good buddy, I won’t be responding to any of this in season. I have a lifetime FBG subscription, commish multiple leagues, and am every pool imaginable here and just got a 2 week timeout for the most absurd infraction. Needless to say this has really screwed things up for me.

So with that being said, I have never felt more confident about a President Trump re-election. It’s just laughable to think any of these great Democrat Americans (who are in the race right now) can beat President Trump. 

If it were me, I'd hire someone that treats it's customers a lot better than that.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

https://www.inquisitr.com/5635471/donald-trump-stole-pancakes-tong-scotland/

Donald Trump “ignored” his mother’s community when he visited the island she once called home, even going so far as to steal pancakes from a family member without even saying “thank you,” says a distant cousin on his mother’s side.

Mackay describes her cousin as a petty, selfish man who wasn’t above theft. She relates an incident that took place one day after her husband had died, when the Trumps were in town.

“He [Donald Trump] was here one morning I was busy making pancakes and he had forgotten my husband had died. He put a few pancakes in pocket [sic] and never said ‘cheerio’ or anything,” she said.

He just lost my vote.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Max Power said:

>>He spent just 97 seconds in the croft house where Mary Anne MacLeod Trump was raised alongside nine siblings before she emigrated to the US in 1930.<<

There’s something radically weird in his relationship with his mother.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

>>He spent just 97 seconds in the croft house where Mary Anne MacLeod Trump was raised alongside nine siblings before she emigrated to the US in 1930.<<

There’s something radically weird in his relationship with his mother.

I know nothing about his history with his mother.  The event itself is like a bad SNL skit.

Shows up, asks how a dead relative is doing, takes pancakes without asking and puts them in his pocket. Then her leaves without saying goodbye. 

24 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I know nothing about his history with his mother.  The event itself is like a bad SNL skit.

Shows up, asks how a dead relative is doing, takes pancakes without asking and puts them in his pocket. Then her leaves without saying goodbye. 

I agree, the day after husband died. Weird.

I tell you what, man this latest pancake incident might just be the beginning of the end.  Just outrageous. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, tonydead said:

If it were me, I'd hire someone that treats it's customers a lot better than that.

This is the 1st season that I didn’t buy a sub for the contest, most years bought 2 entries. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Wait, that's real?