What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (17 Viewers)

I said hinting at a cure, or a remedy, or anything that is going to be available immediately.
Please list out how it's dangerous to say they are testing drugs that might help.  "Maybe they will or maybe they won't."  How is that dangerous exactly?  I've got to see this list of dangers you are talking about.

I don't think it is a coincidence that the big blue states such as CA, NY, and IL are going on shutdown.  They don't mind collapsing the economy if it helps reduce the odds of Trump getting reelected.
What they are doing really isn't all that different from what everyone is doing already.

What they are doing really isn't all that different from what everyone is doing already.
Everyone else isn't requiring all businesses be shut down.  Just a few select ones that involve large gatherings of people  As soon as shelter at home orders start only essential businesses can stay open.  That's a big delta.

Everyone else isn't requiring all businesses be shut down.  Just a few select ones that involve large gatherings of people  As soon as shelter at home orders start only essential businesses can stay open.  That's a big delta.
Other states are letting businesses decide that on there own at the moment.  We will most likely see more states requiring businesses to shut down as things progress though.

Exactly.  It should be nationwide if we want to actually beat this before it gets completely out of control.

Ummm, the shutdowns in CA and NY will absolutely hurt the national economy.  Try again.
The economy might be hurt even worse if these steps are not taken. These are drastic measures, but if not done, we might end up like Italy where the health system is overwhelmed and there are not enough hospital beds and ventilators with doctors making what is akin to battlefield life and death decisions as to who to save or who not to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly.  It should be nationwide if we want to actually beat this before it gets completely out of control.
I know you and Tim think that, and put aside your anger at Trump for a minute, this is a democracy.  What do you think voters across the entire country would say, what percent would be for that?

I know you and Tim think that, and put aside your anger at Trump for a minute, this is a democracy.  What do you think voters across the entire country would say, what percent would be for that?
It doesn’t matter. Certain things regarding security shouldn’t be up to a democratic vote. We are a Republic, we expect our elected officials to make informed decisions in our best interests even if we don’t agree with them at the time .

I thought we elected officials to do what is best for the country.

If we took a poll on every action, even serious ones, I doubt anything would actually get done.  What percent of people would you say is a fan of the GOP Tax Cuts for Corporations?

=

Now, Trump already has done a lot to change life to help against this virus.  Why is doing more all of a sudden a red line?

I thought we elected officials to do what is best for the country.

If we took a poll on every action, even serious ones, I doubt anything would actually get done.  What percent of people would you say is a fan of the GOP Tax Cuts for Corporations?

=

Now, Trump already has done a lot to change life to help against this virus.  Why is doing more all of a sudden a red line?
Yep, and I'm betting the majority of the country thinks he's doing the right thing not shutting the whole pie down today or yesterday.  You are in the minority and between a rock and a hard place.  

Yep, and I'm betting the majority of the country thinks he's doing the right thing not shutting the whole pie down today or yesterday.  You are in the minority and between a rock and a hard place.  
Ok, let's wait until it gets as bad as Italy and then everyone can get on board and we'll shut it all down then.  Only in that future, a lot more people die or have serious outcomes.

You all were on board with Trump saying this was nothing a few short weeks ago.  Now it's something.  And it will get worse unless action is taken now.

Ok, let's wait until it gets as bad as Italy and then everyone can get on board and we'll shut it all down then.  Only in that future, a lot more people die or have serious outcomes.
I'll write my congressman and let him know KPD on FBGs thinks he knows better than the experts in Washington.

Please list out how it's dangerous to say they are testing drugs that might help.  "Maybe they will or maybe they won't."  How is that dangerous exactly?  I've got to see this list of dangers you are talking about.
It is dangerous for leadership to use unclear language. 

Saying you are hopeful or a “Big Fan” of chloroquine is great we are all hopeful even Peter whatever his name is from NBC! 

It means nothing however and we now know this because of people asking questions.

The FDA has not yet approved this as a treatment for COVIS leading to confusion. Fauci and every DOCTOR stress the need for clinical study. 

I realize Trump likes to think he could have been doctor and diminish people who are experts in fields where he knows nothing but his experts have to clean up his statements because what he says is frequently nonsensical. That is dangerous. Every president would face the same critique and parsing of their words.

The guy tossed him an opportunity to say some "we are all in this together, we are all hoping for the best, etc." Instead he takes it as a personal attack when it's his inadequacy to communicate that is the problem. 

Aren't you the guy who originally said we should just let the virus run its course and infect everyone right away and now you are for completely shutting everything down?   :lol:  😷
Yes, I had bad information then. I didn’t realize how much of a threat it is to our older population. I was very wrong. I decided that it would be wise to listen to the experts. That’s what I’m doing. 

But none of this has anything to do with what your wrote. Your statement that California and New York are willing to shut down and destroy our economies in order to defeat Trump is so incredibly insane that I sincerely hope it’s nothing but shtick on your part. If it isn’t, please seek help is my best advice. 

Here in the people’s republic of Illinois there absolutely is. Especially restaurant owners I know who were trying to scratch by on carryout/takeout who will be forced to close down tomorrow.  
They think this is all being done to destroy Trump? I see. Do you believe this as well? 

What is hard to understand about what is going to happen?  It's plain as day.  It has happened in China and Italy and it is happening here.  If you don't test and severely restrict the free movement of everyone, the virus will spread like wildfire, overwhelm the health system and leave thousands dead and many more thousands with lifelong complications (lung damage).

What is political about it?

Yeah, the economy is gonna tank so that we can save lives.  Is that a trade off Americans are unwilling to make?

A couple things here General:

1- Over reaction does not mean it's "nothing".  In fact it would have to be something to garner any reaction.

2- My name is not boots.
We are all very hopeful that this drug helps.

The president saying that he's a big fan and seeing great things, saying it's available as soon as the FDA cuts through the redtape and then your expert comes up and says you’ve got to be careful when you say ‘fairly effective.’ It was never done in a clinical trial that compared it to anything. It was given to individuals and felt that maybe it works. 

Without Fauci there everyone would be racing to get this drug, where is it, who gets it, why don't we have more, on and on. It causes confusion and distraction.

Trump should let his experts speak on medical issues he needs to be very careful in how he talks about issues that he is out of his depth. He has Fauci right there let him talk to us. He is knowledgable and skilled in talking to the media let the guy do his job.

They think this is all being done to destroy Trump? I see. Do you believe this as well? 
Oh I don’t know about that, I was referring to Pritzker’s shelter in place order. There is a still a lot of confusion here as to who and what will be open. 

I do think It’s funny JB endorsed Biden on Monday and thought it was safe enough for us to vote 3 days ago.

The president saying that he's a big fan and seeing great things, saying it's available as soon as the FDA cuts through the redtape and then your expert comes up and says you’ve got to be careful when you say ‘fairly effective.’ It was never done in a clinical trial that compared it to anything. It was given to individuals and felt that maybe it works. 

Without Fauci there everyone would be racing to get this drug, where is it, who gets it, why don't we have more, on and on. It causes confusion and distraction.

Trump should let his experts speak on medical issues he needs to be very careful in how he talks about issues that he is out of his depth. He has Fauci right there let him talk to us. He is knowledgable and skilled in talking to the media let the guy do his job.
"racing out to get this drug"

Ok, not that dangerous, you have to have a prescription.

Anything else can you dream up that is "dangerous"?

"racing out to get this drug"

Ok, not that dangerous, you have to have a prescription.

Anything else can you dream up that is "dangerous"?
People are going nuts for TP,  lining up for hours to buy crap at Costco. I'm sure they wouldn't lose their mind if they think there is some miracle drug out there.

People definitely wouldn't think up any type conspiracy theories on this.

Anecdotal, but doctors are already calling in prescriptions for this for their families that don't even have Covid yet.  Fun society we have here.

I'll write my congressman and let him know KPD on FBGs thinks he knows better than the experts in Washington.

Hot take!  But Trump!

Take this crap to the safe space threads.
Hey buddy, I just added to your crap pile.  I can't help it that you #### in your own thread.   How can we know if my opinion differs from experts that Trump silences?  Maybe it doesn't. 

Look at Italy.  Just because Trump doesn't want to rock the boat and enforce closures nationally yet doesn't mean it isn't coming.  And it would be better if he did it sooner rather than later.

People are going nuts for TP,  lining up for hours to buy crap at Costco. I'm sure they wouldn't lose their mind if they think there is some miracle drug out there.

People definitely wouldn't think up any type conspiracy theories on this.

1- You can't hoard prescription drugs like you can TP.  You need a prescription that limits you.

2- Nobody said there is a miracle drug out there.  They went out of their way to stay there is no miracle drug or cure. 

Hey buddy, I just added to your crap pile.  I can't help it that you #### in your own thread.   How can we know if my opinion differs from experts that Trump silences?  Maybe it doesn't. 

Look at Italy.  Just because Trump doesn't want to rock the boat and enforce closures nationally yet doesn't mean it isn't coming.  And it would be better if he did it sooner rather than later.
Dr. Fauci spoke for quite awhile this morning, perhaps you missed it?   It may indeed be coming, but, the experts currently aren't anticipating having to.  

Please try and control yourself in here.  Plenty of other threads to spread disinformation in.

Unbelievable this stuff is allowed 

1- You can't hoard prescription drugs like you can TP.  You need a prescription that limits you.

2- Nobody said there is a miracle drug out there.  They went out of their way to stay there is no miracle drug or cure. 
They went out of their way to explain because people follow up with questions. That's role the media plays in this. 

Trump having a fit isn't productive. Poor leadership and shouldn't be celebrated.

We'll hope this drug does something.

Dr. Fauci spoke for quite awhile this morning, perhaps you missed it?   It may indeed be coming, but, the experts currently aren't anticipating having to.  

Please try and control yourself in here.  Plenty of other threads to spread disinformation in.
He was probably too busy spreading his #FreeFauci hashtag on twitter during the presser.

They went out of their way to explain because people follow up with questions. That's role the media plays in this. 

Trump having a fit isn't productive. Poor leadership and shouldn't be celebrated.

We'll hope this drug does something.
No.  Fauci said that way before this exchange even happened.  That's what gave Peter the great idea to try and push his narrative.  Wait, you didn't even watch it, did you.

Users who are viewing this thread