What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (14 Viewers)

Amy Coney Barrett better stay close to the phone.
Don't know, after the way McConnell road blocked Obama's nominations during an election year, it would be a bad look to push through a Trump nominee under the same circumstances.  I wouldn't put it past him, but I have my doubts.  If Trump wins though, I don't see RBG making it another 4 years.

Nope, I can’t imagine supporting Biden enthusiastically for any other reason than that.

I also can’t imagine supporting Trump enthusiastically for any other reason than hating Democrats.
Trump has been great for the economic growth with his deregulation.  It created the lowest unemployment numbers for African-Americans and Hispanics. 

Removed the Obamacare mandate.

Got the FDA to remove the backlog of generics which has the effect of lowering drug prices.  Although admittedly, the price reductions haven't been seen yet because certain drug companies (now being sued by the DOJ) entered into price fixing agreements.

US became a net positive natural gas exporter.

He got legislation done on the First Step Act criminal justice reform.  

I could go on.  There's plenty of good Trump has done, especially for minorities.    

You've been here a long time. Nobody posts more than you. We get it where you are on this and I understand trying to stamp out the one thread the handful of Trump supporters have here. But the drive by shots like this with an article that shows him struggling with an interview is as useful as the guys who drop into the Biden support thread with a four word post about he's got dementia and then drop a FOX article as their "proof". Please do a lot better. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I, for one, am glad to see he is back, and well!

4:24 PM · May 2, 2020

^ US President on Otto Warmbier's murderer.
Dude, there's a million reasons to diplomatically do that. Namely, he has our ### over a barrel with nukes off of the West Coast. I don't know why Trump gets criticized for this. Every president in the past hundred years has done statesmanship requirements. No matter how bad Trump is at it normally, he's not way off-base here.

Yes, Otto Warmbier was murdered. I actually -- no lie -- was just thinking of that sad story days ago. But there's nothing to do. Maybe not organizing field trips to North Korea is prudent.

Dude, there's a million reasons to diplomatically do that. Namely, he has our ### over a barrel with nukes off of the West Coast. I don't know why Trump gets criticized for this. Every president in the past hundred years has done statesmanship requirements. No matter how bad Trump is at it normally, he's not way off-base here.

Yes, Otto Warmbier was murdered. I actually -- no lie -- was just thinking of that sad story days ago. But there's nothing to do. Maybe not organizing field trips to North Korea is prudent.
While I fundamentally agree with your premise, almost completely, I do think there’s a difference between voluntarily tweeting something out and responding when a question is asked.  To me they have different connotations. A positive response to the press when a question has been asked is Diplomacy. A random tweet in the afternoon out of nowhere feels like something else. Just my opinion of course 

While I fundamentally agree with your premise, almost completely, I do think there’s a difference between voluntarily tweeting something out and responding when a question is asked.  To me they have different connotations. A positive response to the press when a question has been asked is Diplomacy. A random tweet in the afternoon out of nowhere feels like something else. Just my opinion of course 
I consider the official statements/Twitter feed one and of the same now. I get the distinction you point out, though. I'll have to give that weight because it's really a good point, IMO. 

Eh, as echoed above there's a way to - as you say - diplomatically do that, rather than fawning over a Stalinist murderer. This is also part and parcel with his general approach to this fiend.

“He called him little rocket man , he’s going to start ww3 doing that”

then there is the flip side  as seen above

File it away under #ORANGEMANBAD

You've been here a long time. Nobody posts more than you. We get it where you are on this and I understand trying to stamp out the one thread the handful of Trump supporters have here. But the drive by shots like this with an article that shows him struggling with an interview is as useful as the guys who drop into the Biden support thread with a four word post about he's got dementia and then drop a FOX article as their "proof". Please do a lot better. 
I’m not trying to stamp out anything. Nor do I engage in “drive by shots”. As always, I’m perfectly willing and eager to discuss whatever I post. 

The reason that President Trump struggled in that interview is because he’s performed poorly in this crisis. I don’t blame him for this nearly as much as others do; in another thread made the point that in my estimation there would have been very little difference in this crisis no matter who the President had been in January, March or April, and that it was unfair to blame Trump for being unprepared: the entire nation was unprepared. I think the public senses this too and that Democrats have to be careful not to blame too much of what has happened up to this point on him. 

At the same time, he’s not performing well, and if it didn’t cost us much up to this point, it’s starting  to cost us now. You ask me to do a lot better; I need my President to do a lot better. And I need it now. He needs to stop pushing states to reopen before they’re ready. He needs to take federal control of testing and contract tracing. The reason I wrote that “he’s just not competent” is more frustration on my part rather than a “drive by” or put down:  I need him to be competent. 

Trump may get trounced in the election and I hope he does, but that doesn’t help me. January is too far off. The crisis is now. We need Trump to do better now. As I’ve mentioned before I would gladly trade for another 4 years of Donald Trump if he just started making the right decisions. 

How is being a US Congress critter not deemed an essential job right now? 

Imagine if this was John Boehner and an (R) led Congress took 2 months off during a pandemic with a #### ton of work to do still. The media would be screaming at the top of their lungs.
:goodposting:

And here we are 2 months later with Pelosi still not bringing Congress back. Most of us still have to work essential jobs. Where’s the outrage here?
Why do you only point out Pelosi and not McConnell in this little tirade?

I’m not trying to stamp out anything. Nor do I engage in “drive by shots”. As always, I’m perfectly willing and eager to discuss whatever I post. 

The reason that President Trump struggled in that interview is because he’s performed poorly in this crisis. I don’t blame him for this nearly as much as others do; in another thread made the point that in my estimation there would have been very little difference in this crisis no matter who the President had been in January, March or April, and that it was unfair to blame Trump for being unprepared: the entire nation was unprepared. I think the public senses this too and that Democrats have to be careful not to blame too much of what has happened up to this point on him. 

At the same time, he’s not performing well, and if it didn’t cost us much up to this point, it’s starting  to cost us now. You ask me to do a lot better; I need my President to do a lot better. And I need it now. He needs to stop pushing states to reopen before they’re ready. He needs to take federal control of testing and contract tracing. The reason I wrote that “he’s just not competent” is more frustration on my part rather than a “drive by” or put down:  I need him to be competent. 

Trump may get trounced in the election and I hope he does, but that doesn’t help me. January is too far off. The crisis is now. We need Trump to do better now. As I’ve mentioned before I would gladly trade for another 4 years of Donald Trump if he just started making the right decisions. 
Instead of listening to Joe you are doing exactly what he asked you not to......there are plenty of constant Trump bashing threads take it there please. It gets really old.TIA. 

Instead of listening to Joe you are doing exactly what he asked you not to......there are plenty of constant Trump bashing threads take it there please. It gets really old.TIA. 
I don’t want to be in a Trump bashing thread where people agree with me. And I’m not looking to read a thread where everybody loves him and there’s no real discussion either. Who wants that? 

I want discussion. I want debate. I’m sure @Joe Bryant doesn’t mind that. What I think he minds is people insulting each other, “drive by”s and attempts to slam each other. I’m not looking to do that. 

Hey I’m not perfect. I can be rude, I write stupid things sometimes and sometimes I get punished for it. That’s OK. But most of the time I’m looking for a respectful discussion and debate. Why can’t we have that? If we all need to stick to our own corners what is the point of this forum? 

So, respectfully: do you have a specific response to the issues I raised? 

Trump has been great for the economic growth with his deregulation.  It created the lowest unemployment numbers for African-Americans and Hispanics. 

Got the FDA to remove the backlog of generics which has the effect of lowering drug prices.  Although admittedly, the price reductions haven't been seen yet because certain drug companies (now being sued by the DOJ) entered into price fixing agreements.

I could go on.  There's plenty of good Trump has done, especially for minorities.    
For example: this is a really thoughtful post. I don’t agree with all of it but I agree with some. You make some very good points here, and it would be great to discuss them.

It's gotten so bad I rarely go to any other thread because it's just the same thing over and over. When I do venture into another thread I find myself just scrolling past most posts without really reading because I know what's there as it's been repeated so often. I have even started scrolling past Saints posts who I used to find at least informative because even he has become redundant.

Your post was the definition of a drive by shot. 

Drop it and move on to something else. 
All right. 

Question: are Trump critics such as myself allowed to post in this thread and engage in (hopefully) respectful discussion and debate? Or would you prefer if we simply stayed away? 

For example: this is a really thoughtful post. I don’t agree with all of it but I agree with some. You make some very good points here, and it would be great to discuss them.
I'd be more than happy to discuss any portion of my post with you.  I've always found you to be respectful in your back and forth with others.  

All right. 

Question: are Trump critics such as myself allowed to post in this thread and engage in (hopefully) respectful discussion and debate? Or would you prefer if we simply stayed away? 
It’s cool as long as you say this with us every morning before you start railing on our President:

I pledge Allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands,
one nation under God, indivisible,
with Liberty and Justice for all.

All right. 

Good question. Seems like some consider this particular thread as some sort of sacred ground. Can we consider other threads the opposite way?

Did Trump nickname him Sleepy Joe Biden, with the intent of ultimately upgrading him to Creepy Joe Biden?  That'd be some 12-d chess moves.  

I don’t want to be in a Trump bashing thread where people agree with me. And I’m not looking to read a thread where everybody loves him and there’s no real discussion either. Who wants that? 

I want discussion. I want debate. I’m sure @Joe Bryant doesn’t mind that. What I think he minds is people insulting each other, “drive by”s and attempts to slam each other. I’m not looking to do that. 

Hey I’m not perfect. I can be rude, I write stupid things sometimes and sometimes I get punished for it. That’s OK. But most of the time I’m looking for a respectful discussion and debate. Why can’t we have that? If we all need to stick to our own corners what is the point of this forum? 

So, respectfully: do you have a specific response to the issues I raised? 
It’s not about what you want Tim. Your post reads like a child having a tantrum. You come in here, the one pro Trump thread , crap and demand that we debate you. No Tim you don’t get your way. Go to ANY of the MANY Trump hating threads. We don’t want those posts here Tim. Believe it or not there are some here who want to bask in Trumps glory. This is where we do that. KAGA!!

After reading and hearing all the constant bashing of our President it all just starts to read and hear like Charlie Browns teacher. Blah blah blah is all I see and hear.
Seriously, then you stop in here and get more of the same. Hence, the echo chamber. 

boots11234 said:
It’s not about what you want Tim. Your post reads like a child having a tantrum. You come in here, the one pro Trump thread , crap and demand that we debate you. No Tim you don’t get your way. Go to ANY of the MANY Trump hating threads. We don’t want those posts here Tim. Believe it or not there are some here who want to bask in Trumps glory. This is where we do that. KAGA!!
Could be Tim is saying there is no debate in the other threads  Well because there simply isn't.  It's called an echo chamber for a reason.

Thankfully this thread is full of ducks.

Widbil83 said:
Kayleigh :wub: hit a walk off today at the presser and destroyed the media. 

https://twitter.com/henryrodgersdc/status/1258141393547075585?s=21
I'm not a big fan of this ratting each other out business but that being said, good for her.  I am SO tired of these "reporters" coming in with their pre-planned statements and "gotcha" attempts and not really asking a question of any substance.

Seriously, what was he after with that question?  Did he think if she said yes she regrets her comments he would get a Pulitzer or something?

smart move putting a donor in as the postmaster general.  master stroke 👍
Agree.  The postal service is such a flawlessly ran organization that it doesn't make sense to put in someone who may have some fresh new ideas on how to run things.  If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Walking through a mask factory without a mask, not distancing, to the all-too-appropriate sounds of "Live and Let Die", and picking up masks, contaminating them and putting them back in the box. So much greatness, I can't stand it. New heights everyday!

First of all, thanks for actually responding with some legitimate things Trump has done. I’ve not seen this level of detail from the vast majority of Trump supporters I’ve encountered with. I’d still it very hard to support someone of Trump’s character and overall incompetence to lead the country (or Biden’s rapid mental decline), but to each their own.

1. This would make more sense to me pre-COVID, but now all of Trump’s economic gains have been wiped out from the pandemic. Another point is that the majority of Trump supporters seem to not be fans of Obama who saw the unemployment rate go down for the last 6 years he was in office and put Trump in a good position to succeed from an economic standpoint. Of course, Trump deserves credit for continuing the trend pre-COVID but I never see Trump supporters acknowledge that the economy was improving for years before Trump got into office. I also think given how many are struggling now and can’t even live for a month without working shows that there’s some major flaws in what appeared to be an amazing economy. And again, given how the economy is now, while it’s not his fault, seems like a weird thing to support Trump for.

2. Sure, it’s good he got rid of the mandate but overall has he really done anything to fix our health care system? There seems to be major flaws still so not sure this makes much sense as a reason to support Trump. 

3. It looks like this happened all the way back in 2017 but drug prices are still rising so hard to say that Trump has really fixed anything in regards to that as of right now considering 3 years later we’re not seeing any reductions and are in fact, still seeing the opposite result.

4. Not super educated on this topic, but from what I’ve read it does appear to be having a positive impact on the economy and gas industry so I’ll give Trump that.

5. Good point that Trump definitely deserves credit for.

Users who are viewing this thread