What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (8 Viewers)

First of all, thanks for actually responding with some legitimate things Trump has done. I’ve not seen this level of detail from the vast majority of Trump supporters I’ve encountered with. I’d still it very hard to support someone of Trump’s character and overall incompetence to lead the country (or Biden’s rapid mental decline), but to each their own.

1. This would make more sense to me pre-COVID, but now all of Trump’s economic gains have been wiped out from the pandemic. Another point is that the majority of Trump supporters seem to not be fans of Obama who saw the unemployment rate go down for the last 6 years he was in office and put Trump in a good position to succeed from an economic standpoint. Of course, Trump deserves credit for continuing the trend pre-COVID but I never see Trump supporters acknowledge that the economy was improving for years before Trump got into office. I also think given how many are struggling now and can’t even live for a month without working shows that there’s some major flaws in what appeared to be an amazing economy. And again, given how the economy is now, while it’s not his fault, seems like a weird thing to support Trump for.

2. Sure, it’s good he got rid of the mandate but overall has he really done anything to fix our health care system? There seems to be major flaws still so not sure this makes much sense as a reason to support Trump. 

3. It looks like this happened all the way back in 2017 but drug prices are still rising so hard to say that Trump has really fixed anything in regards to that as of right now considering 3 years later we’re not seeing any reductions and are in fact, still seeing the opposite result.

4. Not super educated on this topic, but from what I’ve read it does appear to be having a positive impact on the economy and gas industry so I’ll give Trump that.

5. Good point that Trump definitely deserves credit for.
1.  The economic growth under Obama had begun to drop off in 2015 and then plateau'd in 2016 hovering around 1.9-2% in the last year of his Presidency.  Trump came in and got the growth rate back up going from a 2% plateau to 2.5% then over 3% until plateauing around 2-2.1% in 2019.  So yes, Obama deserves credit for righting the ship and Trump deserves credit for putting a supercharged engine in it.  Covid deserves credit for dropping the anchor, lol.

2.  Trump hasn't replaced Obamacare, but he's been trying to chip away at the bad portions of it.  He's been facing legal and political challenges in doing so.  Any changes still have to pass through a Democratic controlled House so it will be impossible with the way the legislature is set up to replace Obamacare outright.  I certainly don't blame Trump for not totally replacing Obamacare, but listening to the Democratic debates, not one candidate said Obamacare was a good plan and they all said changes were necessary. 

3.  If you read the parenthetical portions, the reason drug prices haven't dropped (they've stabilized) is that there was a large group of generic drug makers who are currently in various stages of criminal and civil prosecutions with the DOJ for price fixing and bid rigging.  They got caught because the FDA emptied the backlog of drug applications and instead of prices going down, they went up.  Confidentiality issues prevent me from providing any additional information.  

Agree.  The postal service is such a flawlessly ran organization that it doesn't make sense to put in someone who may have some fresh new ideas on how to run things.  If it isn't broke, don't fix it.
The Swamp isn't a complaint for Trump supporters. It never was, not as a real, actual milieu of corruption and influence that should be reformed and guarded against.

This is really bizarre:

Brad Parscale - Download our Trump 2020 App today!@parscale

For nearly three years we have been building a juggernaut campaign (Death Star). It is firing on all cylinders. Data, Digital, TV, Political, Surrogates, Coalitions, etc.

In a few days we start pressing FIRE for the first time.

(complete with death star gif)

Is the Death Star really the image you want to portray?  Now?
Parscale is a genius.  One of the things he is brilliant at is using analogies that generate faux outrage amongst the <insert banned name> crowd. This faux outrage makes them look silly in the eyes of mainstream Americans.  

Parscale is a genius.  One of the things he is brilliant at is using analogies that generate faux outrage amongst the <insert banned name> crowd. This faux outrage makes them look silly in the eyes of mainstream Americans.  
Ok.  Its not an "outrage" moment - just bizarre that you would associate your candidate with the villain in a movie - who tries to kill a lot of people indiscriminately, and ultimately loses.

:shrug:

I wasn’t going to say anything, but, man. They have you cheering for the Death Star and the Empire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump better look into handing out more free $ to the citizens or he's gonna lose Florida because the idiot rick scott and his sleazy ways is gonna cost Trump the presidency. He installed a pile of garbage to process unemployment claims no doubt to get a juicy kickback. it's a total disaster.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04/florida-unemployment-benefits-desantis-trump-rick-scott.html
Florida is the biggest of the so called swing states. 29 electoral votes, could be the decider.

Trump better look into handing out more free $ to the citizens or he's gonna lose Florida because the idiot rick scott and his sleazy ways is gonna cost Trump the presidency. He installed a pile of garbage to process unemployment claims no doubt to get a juicy kickback. it's a total disaster.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04/florida-unemployment-benefits-desantis-trump-rick-scott.html
Florida isn’t the only state struggling in this regard. I live in Georgia and my girlfriend still hasn’t received any $ for unemployment after being furloughed in March as she was just about to start a new job but the position got canned due to the pandemic. It’s been a massive hassle trying to get in touch with the right people but it finally sounds like we’ll get a resolution by tomorrow. Luckily we’re still well off financially so we don’t need the unemployment $ immediately but I can’t imagine the stress and frustration from people who need that money now and still haven’t gotten it a month later. Kemp is an incompetent clown and even Trump supporters I’ve talked to are not happy with him.

They are finding a lot of states have antiquated unemployment processing systems. They can’t handle the volume created by the Chinese virus.  

They are finding a lot of states have antiquated unemployment processing systems. They can’t handle the volume created by the Chinese virus.  
Problem in FL is rickhead skimped on theirs and probably got overcharged as well so he could get that big kickback. This guy is real scum. If FL is lost, he is 100% to blame.

It's not that old either. 7 years.

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2020/04/03/its-a-sh-sandwich-republicans-rage-as-florida-becomes-a-nightmare-for-trump-1271172

Privately, Republicans admit that the $77.9 million system that is now failing Florida workers is doing exactly what Scott designed it to do — lower the state’s reported number of jobless claims after the great recession.

“It’s a sh-- sandwich, and it was designed that way by Scott,” said one DeSantis advisor. “It wasn’t about saving money. It was about making it harder for people to get benefits or keep benefits so that the unemployment numbers were low to give the governor something to brag about.

We can only hope the Ds continue to be inept and only target Trump in bogus ways because this is a big problem. They start airing ads blasting Scott, it will hurt Trump.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have faith in America.  

As the Russian fraud is now being laid bare, all 50 states should be in play for Trump.  How can anyone trust the Democrats for anything?  Trump needs to pounce and bury the Dems on this.  I believe deep down Americans believe in fairness.  We all owe Trump 4 more years with a Republican Congress to get things done.  

Schiff is a hero to many here in this forum
Yeah, still is.  

No evidence to support Russian collusion--30 million dollar sham investigation.  Trump's still the problem.

FBI targets Flynn, Flynn rightfully let go--Trump corrupting the DOJ.  

Trump Delusion Syndrome hitting new levels every day.  

Does Trump need Scott or DeSantis to win FL?  I don't think he does.  Trump could call out their unemployment system failures, and maybe pick up some FL votes IMO.  

Does Trump need Scott or DeSantis to win FL?  I don't think he does.  Trump could call out their unemployment system failures, and maybe pick up some FL votes IMO.  
What’s the latest on the guy DeSantis defeated?   He was a rising star for the Dems.  Any chance he gets in Biden’s cabinet?

Scary to think that the FBI can create a crime like that to trap the National Security Advisor.  What chance does the average citizen have?

knowledge dropper said:
What’s the latest on the guy DeSantis defeated?   He was a rising star for the Dems.  Any chance he gets in Biden’s cabinet?
Think Andrew Gillum is in rehab, or was in.   Had to get his life back in order after that Miami hotel room episode with another man and the meth.

jm192 said:
Yeah, still is.  

No evidence to support Russian collusion--30 million dollar sham investigation.  Trump's still the problem.

FBI targets Flynn, Flynn rightfully let go--Trump corrupting the DOJ.  
I would edit your last sentence as that phrase will be reported by the usuals if it hasn't already.

Users who are viewing this thread