What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (8 Viewers)

My god they just showed a montage of James Clapper on CNN for 3 years saying Trump colluded with Russia. All after we now know under oath that he said in 2017 there was zero evidence of collusion. I don’t even want to link it I’m so triggered right now. What a monsters these people are.

knowledge dropper said:
What’s the latest on the guy DeSantis defeated?   He was a rising star for the Dems.  Any chance he gets in Biden’s cabinet?
What, the guy who left politics and entered rehab because he was found in a hotel room full of drugs?  That guy?  Lol.

My god they just showed a montage of James Clapper on CNN for 3 years saying Trump colluded with Russia. All after we now know under oath that he said in 2017 there was zero evidence of collusion. I don’t even want to link it I’m so triggered right now. What a monsters these people are.
not to mention Susan Rice, Brennan, a scores of others in high positions of our vaunted government.

it was a coup attempt on a duly elected President.  I think more is to come that should worry most Americans, but maybe not.

Schiff tried to carry water for all these people for the last 3 years by constantly lying that he had all the intel that Trump did indeed collude with Russia.  You can throw Nadler in there too as political hacks where party is more important than truth.

not to mention Susan Rice, Brennan, a scores of others in high positions of our vaunted government.

it was a coup attempt on a duly elected President.  I think more is to come that should worry most Americans, but maybe not.

Schiff tried to carry water for all these people for the last 3 years by constantly lying that he had all the intel that Trump did indeed collude with Russia.  You can throw Nadler in there too as political hacks where party is more important than truth.
How are Democrats not shouting from rooftops for Schiff’s head on a platter right now after knowingly lying and leading them on for years. He should be public enemy number 1 for the D voters. 

How are Democrats not shouting from rooftops for Schiff’s head on a platter right now after knowingly lying and leading them on for years. He should be public enemy number 1 for the D voters. 
The marching orders are to pin the Chinese Virus on Trump. That is #1 focus.  Anything new on Russia is because Barr is a Trump lackey.  

Have to keep it simple for their base to stay on message.  

President Trump wants to donate rapid test kits to Biden to help get him out of the basement.

“Yes, 100 percent,” Trump said during a phone interview on “Fox & Friends.” “I would love to see him get out of the basement so he can speak.”

Trump then suggested that Biden’s public appearances would help his own reelection campaign and claimed that Biden’s campaign did not want him to emerge from the basement studio where he has been conducting news interviews and staging other campaign appearances.

“Every time he talks it’s like a good thing,” the president said.

“They don’t want him to come out,” Trump continued. “I’ll give them the test immediately. We would have it to them today.”
https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/05/08/trump-ill-donate-rapid-test-system-get-biden-basement/

I believe Joe already addressed these drive by posts. Just a friendly reminder let’s do better Tim. Thanks. 
This wasn’t a drive by post. I’m making a clear point here. I think President Trump is going to lose the election because of public perception that he lacks leadership skills in time of crisis. That is already evident in recent polling: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/496793-biden-opens-nine-point-lead-over-trump-in-senate-battlegrounds-poll%3famp

I also don’t think it’s your role to play board cop, but thanks. 

This wasn’t a drive by post. I’m making a clear point here. I think President Trump is going to lose the election because of public perception that he lacks leadership skills in time of crisis. That is already evident in recent polling: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/496793-biden-opens-nine-point-lead-over-trump-in-senate-battlegrounds-poll%3famp

I also don’t think it’s your role to play board cop, but thanks. 
But what about Jensen? How do you account for him

Trump realized that pressers was just gotcha time. No president in modern history has been more accessible.  Did he make mistakes, sure but overall it’s important for the president to lead. 
I agree he spent a lot of time up there. I appreciated watching those as well. For me he exposed himself as being out of his depth on a range of topics. Sometimes shockingly so.

I would add he often repeated the same messages over and over again.

Anyway I just wanted to point out it was funny to me that Donald was poking Biden for hiding and that when he talks it damaged his campaign (and there is some truth there) but this is certainly the case with Donald.

After the bleaching answer Donald finally gave in and listened to someone telling him to stop these because you aren’t suited well for them. It was very smart on his part.

But what about Jensen? How do you account for him
I don’t. 

When the Russian story looked particularly bad for President Trump, I made the point that it wouldn’t make any difference with the public because the whole thing was a Beltway story, and most folks didn’t care one way or the other. As I recall, you agreed with me. 

Its still true. The public doesn’t care about this one way or the other. Even more now with the coronavirus in fact. Like Tara Reade, like impeachment (unfortunately) these side stories will have no effect whatsoever on the election. It’s 100% going to be about the virus and the economy. 

• Smile
Reactions: rct
I agree he spent a lot of time up there. I appreciated watching those as well. For me he exposed himself as being out of his depth on a range of topics. Sometimes shockingly so.

I would add he often repeated the same messages over and over again.

Anyway I just wanted to point out it was funny to me that Donald was poking Biden for hiding and that when he talks it damaged his campaign (and there is some truth there) but this is certainly the case with Donald.

After the bleaching answer Donald finally gave in and listened to someone telling him to stop these because you aren’t suited well for them. It was very smart on his part.
Damage was done. 

But I don’t think it was the pressers by themselves. The main thing was, @boots11234 is right: the public wants a leader. Trump refused to provide it. By refusing to take responsibility, trying to foist everything on the states, laying blame everywhere else, he consistently projected the image of a man who was scared to make decisions during a crisis. I think it’s fatal for him. 

And what’s kind of tragic for him, as I’ve pointed out several times: this hasn’t been his fault. A lot of the criticism has been very unfair. But so much of public image is based on how one reacts to mistakes and criticism, unfair or not. Trump hasn’t reacted well and he’s going to be punished for it. 

Trump realized that pressers was just gotcha time. No president in modern history has been more accessible.  Did he make mistakes, sure but overall it’s important for the president to lead. 
Yes, it was gotcha time because Trump handled the situation poorly and made a clown out of himself. Was the media focusing on it too much at times? Sure, but they had plenty of valid questions that Trump would shrug off or ignore by insulting the reporter because he had no good answer to explain his incompetence.

And you can’t possibly think Trump is a good leader, can you? He’s great for the people who support him but he’s such a divisive person and attacks anyone who disagrees with him. His lack of accountability and attitude towards half the country are two of his worst qualities and makes it impossible for him to be a good leader to unite the country which we desperately need right now.

Damage was done. 

But I don’t think it was the pressers by themselves. The main thing was, @boots11234 is right: the public wants a leader. Trump refused to provide it. By refusing to take responsibility, trying to foist everything on the states, laying blame everywhere else, he consistently projected the image of a man who was scared to make decisions during a crisis. I think it’s fatal for him. 
I definitely agree with the idea that damage was being done. Pretty much every day there were quotes from Donald that would make a tagline for the Biden campaign. 

There is a ton of time though between now and November and I have no faith in Biden / Dems properly capitalizing on these.

Just came across as ironic that Trump was jabbing Biden for ducking media while doing an “interview” on Fox and Friends after he was chased off the WH pressers.

Way too early to make this type of proclamation.  Polls are nothing more than snapshots in time.  There is a long way to go between now and November.    
Yup.

I struggle for the proper word to use if Trump were to get re-elected after the past few months.

This should be the biggest slam dunk in the history of slam dunks.

If Dems lose this they probably need to close shop and try something else. Maybe washing machine repair or selling mattresses.

Way too early to make this type of proclamation.  Polls are nothing more than snapshots in time.  There is a long way to go between now and November.    
There is but one of the aspects about Donald Trump that makes him so unique as a politician is that people have such strong opinions about him. It’s both one of his greatest strengths and greatest weaknesses. It’s been a strength in that his supporters are willing to stick with him through thick and thin no matter what he says or does because they intuitively know he’s on their side. But right now it’s a weakness because it’s going to be very hard for him to turn these current polls around. Much more than 2016, opinions for and against have really hardened. 

The other point which would hurt any Republican, not just Trump: the public is alert and concerned about politics. It is a fact that the Democrats are the majority party in this country and have been for 100 years or so. When the public cares about politics, Democrats win. When the public is mostly disinterested Republicans win. 

Yup.

I struggle for the proper word to use if Trump were to get re-elected after the past few months.

This should be the biggest slam dunk in the history of slam dunks.

If Dems lose this they probably need to close shop and try something else. Maybe washing machine repair or selling mattresses.
Anything can happen. But right now I put the odds at about 70-80% that Joe Biden will be elected. That’s no sure thing but it’s pretty good. 

There is but one of the aspects about Donald Trump that makes him so unique as a politician is that people have such strong opinions about him. It’s both one of his greatest strengths and greatest weaknesses. It’s been a strength in that his supporters are willing to stick with him through thick and thin no matter what he says or does because they intuitively know he’s on their side. But right now it’s a weakness because it’s going to be very hard for him to turn these current polls around. Much more than 2016, opinions for and against have really hardened. 

The other point which would hurt any Republican, not just Trump: the public is alert and concerned about politics. It is a fact that the Democrats are the majority party in this country and have been for 100 years or so. When the public cares about politics, Democrats win. When the public is mostly disinterested Republicans win. 
Democrats need black, inner city votes in the swing states.  Where the economy and unemployment is in late October will go a long way with whether or not they go out and vote.  

Just came across as ironic that Trump was jabbing Biden for ducking media while doing an “interview” on Fox and Friends after he was chased off the WH pressers.
Donald Trump has no sense of irony whatsoever. He has no sense of hypocrisy whatsoever. 

These are not meant to be criticisms. In a politician these are probably admirable traits. 

• Thinking
Reactions: rct

Users who are viewing this thread