Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
knowledge dropper

TRUMP 2020 HQ - The Great Place

Recommended Posts

“He called him little rocket man , he’s going to start ww3 doing that”

then there is the flip side  as seen above

 

File it away under #ORANGEMANBAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joe Bryant said:

You've been here a long time. Nobody posts more than you. We get it where you are on this and I understand trying to stamp out the one thread the handful of Trump supporters have here. But the drive by shots like this with an article that shows him struggling with an interview is as useful as the guys who drop into the Biden support thread with a four word post about he's got dementia and then drop a FOX article as their "proof". Please do a lot better. 

I’m not trying to stamp out anything. Nor do I engage in “drive by shots”. As always, I’m perfectly willing and eager to discuss whatever I post. 

The reason that President Trump struggled in that interview is because he’s performed poorly in this crisis. I don’t blame him for this nearly as much as others do; in another thread made the point that in my estimation there would have been very little difference in this crisis no matter who the President had been in January, March or April, and that it was unfair to blame Trump for being unprepared: the entire nation was unprepared. I think the public senses this too and that Democrats have to be careful not to blame too much of what has happened up to this point on him. 

At the same time, he’s not performing well, and if it didn’t cost us much up to this point, it’s starting  to cost us now. You ask me to do a lot better; I need my President to do a lot better. And I need it now. He needs to stop pushing states to reopen before they’re ready. He needs to take federal control of testing and contract tracing. The reason I wrote that “he’s just not competent” is more frustration on my part rather than a “drive by” or put down:  I need him to be competent. 

Trump may get trounced in the election and I hope he does, but that doesn’t help me. January is too far off. The crisis is now. We need Trump to do better now. As I’ve mentioned before I would gladly trade for another 4 years of Donald Trump if he just started making the right decisions. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:shrug:

can we agree nobody posts more than you?

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

:shrug:

can we agree nobody posts more than you?

Sure. 

Do you really want to discuss that, or any of the issues I’ve raised about President Trump? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Widbil83 said:
On 4/19/2020 at 10:23 AM, Widbil83 said:

How is being a US Congress critter not deemed an essential job right now? 
 

Imagine if this was John Boehner and an (R) led Congress took 2 months off during a pandemic with a #### ton of work to do still. The media would be screaming at the top of their lungs.

:goodposting:

And here we are 2 months later with Pelosi still not bringing Congress back. Most of us still have to work essential jobs. Where’s the outrage here?

Why do you only point out Pelosi and not McConnell in this little tirade?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I’m not trying to stamp out anything. Nor do I engage in “drive by shots”. As always, I’m perfectly willing and eager to discuss whatever I post. 

The reason that President Trump struggled in that interview is because he’s performed poorly in this crisis. I don’t blame him for this nearly as much as others do; in another thread made the point that in my estimation there would have been very little difference in this crisis no matter who the President had been in January, March or April, and that it was unfair to blame Trump for being unprepared: the entire nation was unprepared. I think the public senses this too and that Democrats have to be careful not to blame too much of what has happened up to this point on him. 

At the same time, he’s not performing well, and if it didn’t cost us much up to this point, it’s starting  to cost us now. You ask me to do a lot better; I need my President to do a lot better. And I need it now. He needs to stop pushing states to reopen before they’re ready. He needs to take federal control of testing and contract tracing. The reason I wrote that “he’s just not competent” is more frustration on my part rather than a “drive by” or put down:  I need him to be competent. 

Trump may get trounced in the election and I hope he does, but that doesn’t help me. January is too far off. The crisis is now. We need Trump to do better now. As I’ve mentioned before I would gladly trade for another 4 years of Donald Trump if he just started making the right decisions. 

 

 

 

Instead of listening to Joe you are doing exactly what he asked you not to......there are plenty of constant Trump bashing threads take it there please. It gets really old.TIA. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading and hearing all the constant bashing of our President it all just starts to read and hear like Charlie Browns teacher. Blah blah blah is all I see and hear.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoBirds said:

Instead of listening to Joe you are doing exactly what he asked you not to......there are plenty of constant Trump bashing threads take it there please. It gets really old.TIA. 

I don’t want to be in a Trump bashing thread where people agree with me. And I’m not looking to read a thread where everybody loves him and there’s no real discussion either. Who wants that? 

I want discussion. I want debate. I’m sure @Joe Bryant doesn’t mind that. What I think he minds is people insulting each other, “drive by”s and attempts to slam each other. I’m not looking to do that. 

Hey I’m not perfect. I can be rude, I write stupid things sometimes and sometimes I get punished for it. That’s OK. But most of the time I’m looking for a respectful discussion and debate. Why can’t we have that? If we all need to stick to our own corners what is the point of this forum? 

So, respectfully: do you have a specific response to the issues I raised? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Snotbubbles said:

Trump has been great for the economic growth with his deregulation.  It created the lowest unemployment numbers for African-Americans and Hispanics. 

Removed the Obamacare mandate.

Got the FDA to remove the backlog of generics which has the effect of lowering drug prices.  Although admittedly, the price reductions haven't been seen yet because certain drug companies (now being sued by the DOJ) entered into price fixing agreements.

US became a net positive natural gas exporter.

He got legislation done on the First Step Act criminal justice reform.  

I could go on.  There's plenty of good Trump has done, especially for minorities.    

For example: this is a really thoughtful post. I don’t agree with all of it but I agree with some. You make some very good points here, and it would be great to discuss them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's gotten so bad I rarely go to any other thread because it's just the same thing over and over. When I do venture into another thread I find myself just scrolling past most posts without really reading because I know what's there as it's been repeated so often. I have even started scrolling past Saints posts who I used to find at least informative because even he has become redundant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timschochet said:

I’m not trying to stamp out anything. Nor do I engage in “drive by shots”.

Your post was the definition of a drive by shot. 

Drop it and move on to something else. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Your post was the definition of a drive by shot. 

Drop it and move on to something else. 

All right. 

Question: are Trump critics such as myself allowed to post in this thread and engage in (hopefully) respectful discussion and debate? Or would you prefer if we simply stayed away? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, timschochet said:

For example: this is a really thoughtful post. I don’t agree with all of it but I agree with some. You make some very good points here, and it would be great to discuss them.

 

I'd be more than happy to discuss any portion of my post with you.  I've always found you to be respectful in your back and forth with others.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, timschochet said:

All right. 

Question: are Trump critics such as myself allowed to post in this thread and engage in (hopefully) respectful discussion and debate? Or would you prefer if we simply stayed away? 

It’s cool as long as you say this with us every morning before you start railing on our President:

 I pledge Allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands,
one nation under God, indivisible,
with Liberty and Justice for all.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, timschochet said:

All right. 

Question: are Trump critics such as myself allowed to post in this thread and engage in (hopefully) respectful discussion and debate? Or would you prefer if we simply stayed away? 

Good question. Seems like some consider this particular thread as some sort of sacred ground. Can we consider other threads the opposite way?

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Good question. Seems like some consider this particular thread as some sort of sacred ground. Can we consider other threads the opposite way?

They already are the other way.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biden losing ground to Trump and he can't come out and say anything because that instantly drops his numbers even more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Trump nickname him Sleepy Joe Biden, with the intent of ultimately upgrading him to Creepy Joe Biden?  That'd be some 12-d chess moves.  

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, timschochet said:

I don’t want to be in a Trump bashing thread where people agree with me. And I’m not looking to read a thread where everybody loves him and there’s no real discussion either. Who wants that? 

I want discussion. I want debate. I’m sure @Joe Bryant doesn’t mind that. What I think he minds is people insulting each other, “drive by”s and attempts to slam each other. I’m not looking to do that. 

Hey I’m not perfect. I can be rude, I write stupid things sometimes and sometimes I get punished for it. That’s OK. But most of the time I’m looking for a respectful discussion and debate. Why can’t we have that? If we all need to stick to our own corners what is the point of this forum? 

So, respectfully: do you have a specific response to the issues I raised? 

It’s not about what you want Tim. Your post reads like a child having a tantrum. You come in here, the one pro Trump thread , crap and demand that we debate you. No Tim you don’t get your way. Go to ANY of the MANY Trump hating threads. We don’t want those posts here Tim. Believe it or not there are some here who want to bask in Trumps glory. This is where we do that. KAGA!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

Did Trump nickname him Sleepy Joe Biden, with the intent of ultimately upgrading him to Creepy Joe Biden?  That'd be some 12-d chess moves.  

Trump moves in-between the 4th and 5th dimension occasionally so it wouldn’t surprise me. 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lod001 said:

Biden losing ground to Trump and he can't come out and say anything because that instantly drops his numbers even more.

Wait until he picks Stacey Abrams as his running mate.  

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rustycolts said:

After reading and hearing all the constant bashing of our President it all just starts to read and hear like Charlie Browns teacher. Blah blah blah is all I see and hear.

Seriously, then you stop in here and get more of the same. Hence, the echo chamber. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

Wait until he picks Stacey Abrams as his running mate.  

Beto 2.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoBirds said:

She was ready for that joke of a question. Love it, exactly what those clowns deserve. 

At the very end did you here the reporter whine like a child, "Hey you were ready for that question."  Pissed because his gotcha question made him look like the fool and fake news he is.

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

smart move putting a donor in as the postmaster general.  master stroke 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, boots11234 said:

It’s not about what you want Tim. Your post reads like a child having a tantrum. You come in here, the one pro Trump thread , crap and demand that we debate you. No Tim you don’t get your way. Go to ANY of the MANY Trump hating threads. We don’t want those posts here Tim. Believe it or not there are some here who want to bask in Trumps glory. This is where we do that. KAGA!!

Could be Tim is saying there is no debate in the other threads  Well because there simply isn't.  It's called an echo chamber for a reason.

Thankfully this thread is full of ducks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

Kayleigh:wub: hit a walk off today at the presser and destroyed the media. 

https://twitter.com/henryrodgersdc/status/1258141393547075585?s=21

I'm not a big fan of this ratting each other out business but that being said, good for her.  I am SO tired of these "reporters" coming in with their pre-planned statements and "gotcha" attempts and not really asking a question of any substance.

Seriously, what was he after with that question?  Did he think if she said yes she regrets her comments he would get a Pulitzer or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Tolstoy said:

smart move putting a donor in as the postmaster general.  master stroke 👍

Agree.  The postal service is such a flawlessly ran organization that it doesn't make sense to put in someone who may have some fresh new ideas on how to run things.  If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Edited by Snotbubbles
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HellToupee said:

Beto 2.0

Seriously. 
 

I think it’s worse than that.  Sarah Palin was ridiculed for being the worst VP choice ever and torpedoing McCain’s campaign.  Palin’s resume blows away Abrams.  

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walking through a mask factory without a mask, not distancing, to the all-too-appropriate sounds of "Live and Let Die", and picking up masks, contaminating them and putting them back in the box. So much greatness, I can't stand it. New heights everyday!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Snotbubbles said:

Trump has been great for the economic growth with his deregulation.  It created the lowest unemployment numbers for African-Americans and Hispanics. 

Removed the Obamacare mandate.

Got the FDA to remove the backlog of generics which has the effect of lowering drug prices.  Although admittedly, the price reductions haven't been seen yet because certain drug companies (now being sued by the DOJ) entered into price fixing agreements.

US became a net positive natural gas exporter.

He got legislation done on the First Step Act criminal justice reform.  

I could go on.  There's plenty of good Trump has done, especially for minorities.    

First of all, thanks for actually responding with some legitimate things Trump has done. I’ve not seen this level of detail from the vast majority of Trump supporters I’ve encountered with. I’d still it very hard to support someone of Trump’s character and overall incompetence to lead the country (or Biden’s rapid mental decline), but to each their own.

 

1. This would make more sense to me pre-COVID, but now all of Trump’s economic gains have been wiped out from the pandemic. Another point is that the majority of Trump supporters seem to not be fans of Obama who saw the unemployment rate go down for the last 6 years he was in office and put Trump in a good position to succeed from an economic standpoint. Of course, Trump deserves credit for continuing the trend pre-COVID but I never see Trump supporters acknowledge that the economy was improving for years before Trump got into office. I also think given how many are struggling now and can’t even live for a month without working shows that there’s some major flaws in what appeared to be an amazing economy. And again, given how the economy is now, while it’s not his fault, seems like a weird thing to support Trump for.

 

2. Sure, it’s good he got rid of the mandate but overall has he really done anything to fix our health care system? There seems to be major flaws still so not sure this makes much sense as a reason to support Trump. 


3. It looks like this happened all the way back in 2017 but drug prices are still rising so hard to say that Trump has really fixed anything in regards to that as of right now considering 3 years later we’re not seeing any reductions and are in fact, still seeing the opposite result.


4. Not super educated on this topic, but from what I’ve read it does appear to be having a positive impact on the economy and gas industry so I’ll give Trump that.

 

5. Good point that Trump definitely deserves credit for.

Edited by Bucsfan5493
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

First of all, thanks for actually responding with some legitimate things Trump has done. I’ve not seen this level of detail from the vast majority of Trump supporters I’ve encountered with. I’d still it very hard to support someone of Trump’s character and overall incompetence to lead the country (or Biden’s rapid mental decline), but to each their own.

 

1. This would make more sense to me pre-COVID, but now all of Trump’s economic gains have been wiped out from the pandemic. Another point is that the majority of Trump supporters seem to not be fans of Obama who saw the unemployment rate go down for the last 6 years he was in office and put Trump in a good position to succeed from an economic standpoint. Of course, Trump deserves credit for continuing the trend pre-COVID but I never see Trump supporters acknowledge that the economy was improving for years before Trump got into office. I also think given how many are struggling now and can’t even live for a month without working shows that there’s some major flaws in what appeared to be an amazing economy. And again, given how the economy is now, while it’s not his fault, seems like a weird thing to support Trump for.

 

2. Sure, it’s good he got rid of the mandate but overall has he really done anything to fix our health care system? There seems to be major flaws still so not sure this makes much sense as a reason to support Trump. 


3. It looks like this happened all the way back in 2017 but drug prices are still rising so hard to say that Trump has really fixed anything in regards to that as of right now considering 3 years later we’re not seeing any reductions and are in fact, still seeing the opposite result.


4. Not super educated on this topic, but from what I’ve read it does appear to be having a positive impact on the economy and gas industry so I’ll give Trump that.

 

5. Good point that Trump definitely deserves credit for.

1.  The economic growth under Obama had begun to drop off in 2015 and then plateau'd in 2016 hovering around 1.9-2% in the last year of his Presidency.  Trump came in and got the growth rate back up going from a 2% plateau to 2.5% then over 3% until plateauing around 2-2.1% in 2019.  So yes, Obama deserves credit for righting the ship and Trump deserves credit for putting a supercharged engine in it.  Covid deserves credit for dropping the anchor, lol.

2.  Trump hasn't replaced Obamacare, but he's been trying to chip away at the bad portions of it.  He's been facing legal and political challenges in doing so.  Any changes still have to pass through a Democratic controlled House so it will be impossible with the way the legislature is set up to replace Obamacare outright.  I certainly don't blame Trump for not totally replacing Obamacare, but listening to the Democratic debates, not one candidate said Obamacare was a good plan and they all said changes were necessary. 

3.  If you read the parenthetical portions, the reason drug prices haven't dropped (they've stabilized) is that there was a large group of generic drug makers who are currently in various stages of criminal and civil prosecutions with the DOJ for price fixing and bid rigging.  They got caught because the FDA emptied the backlog of drug applications and instead of prices going down, they went up.  Confidentiality issues prevent me from providing any additional information.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snotbubbles said:

Agree.  The postal service is such a flawlessly ran organization that it doesn't make sense to put in someone who may have some fresh new ideas on how to run things.  If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

The Swamp isn't a complaint for Trump supporters. It never was, not as a real, actual milieu of corruption and influence that should be reformed and guarded against.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:

It's his own voters that are on their knees on 5th Avenue thanking him for the opportunity to be shot. So great.

What a deplorable comment 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tolstoy said:

smart move putting a donor in as the postmaster general.  master stroke 👍

A pulse is a net positive over the last PMG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Apple Jack said:

Walking through a mask factory without a mask, not distancing, to the all-too-appropriate sounds of "Live and Let Die", and picking up masks, contaminating them and putting them back in the box. So much greatness, I can't stand it. New heights everyday!

Don't

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is really bizarre:

 

Brad Parscale - Download our Trump 2020 App today!@parscale

For nearly three years we have been building a juggernaut campaign (Death Star). It is firing on all cylinders. Data, Digital, TV, Political, Surrogates, Coalitions, etc.

In a few days we start pressing FIRE for the first time.

(complete with death star gif)

 

Is the Death Star really the image you want to portray?  Now?

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

This is really bizarre:

 

Brad Parscale - Download our Trump 2020 App today!@parscale

For nearly three years we have been building a juggernaut campaign (Death Star). It is firing on all cylinders. Data, Digital, TV, Political, Surrogates, Coalitions, etc.

In a few days we start pressing FIRE for the first time.

(complete with death star gif)

 

Is the Death Star really the image you want to portray?  Now?

Parscale is a genius.  One of the things he is brilliant at is using analogies that generate faux outrage amongst the <insert banned name> crowd. This faux outrage makes them look silly in the eyes of mainstream Americans.  

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Parscale is a genius.  One of the things he is brilliant at is using analogies that generate faux outrage amongst the <insert banned name> crowd. This faux outrage makes them look silly in the eyes of mainstream Americans.  

Ok.  Its not an "outrage" moment - just bizarre that you would associate your candidate with the villain in a movie - who tries to kill a lot of people indiscriminately, and ultimately loses.

:shrug:

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Parscale is a genius.  One of the things he is brilliant at is using analogies that generate faux outrage amongst the <insert banned name> crowd. This faux outrage makes them look silly in the eyes of mainstream Americans.  

I wasn’t going to say anything, but, man. They have you cheering for the Death Star and the Empire.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I wasn’t going to say anything, but, man. They have you cheering for the Death Star and the Empire.

In your mind they do, and that’s why Trump will win.  

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

In your mind they do, and that’s why Trump will win.  

How do you interpret that Death Star comp? Pascale is saying they're *not the Death Star??? 

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

How do you interpret that Death Star comp? Pascals is saying they're *not the Death Star??? 

Who cares?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, knowledge dropper said:

Who cares?

Ah. Just part of the 700 mill Trump has already shoveled out. I agree, drop in the bucket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Ah. Just part of the 700 mill Trump has already shoveled out. I agree, drop in the bucket.

They can use OAN, carrier pigeons, Death Stars.  It doesn’t matter to me as long as the truth gets out to the masses and we KAGA in November.   

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.